LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 AM
Guru

Default LRL-thinking is driven by lots of malarkey

The map you see above is not the geomagnetic field. It is departures from the reference field, the reference field being a mathematical model. If you don't understand what the map is, it's the perfect alabi for all this recent discussion as to why someone can pretend an LRL really works in one spot but doesn't work any place else unless you get lucky.

The map serves a purpose in geophysics, which is to identify regional anomalies which may reflect differences in the magnet properties of the earth's crust over those regions. This in turn helps to understand things like geological history, earthquakes, vulcanism, and the possible presence of economic mineral deposits. The magnitude of these regional anomalies is almost everywhere less than 0.1% of the magnitude of the modeled reference field. Over some small areas the departure from the reference field is well over 0.1%. Such anomalies are commonly observed over concentrations of magnetite, due to a combination of both magnetic susceptibility and remanent magnetism.

Any anomaly of the magnitude of the field is associated with anomalies of the angle of the field vector. This is the principle behind the Spanish dip compass, history's first electromagnetic geophysical prospecting apparatus.

The question was raised whether metal detectors respond to the geomagnetic field or anomalies of same. Metal detectors are designed to eliminate such response. Sometimes the effect is seen in pulse induction metal detectors but I don't recall having ever seen it in a VLF induction balance machine. This is detection of the reference field I'm talking about, not detection of an anomaly that's a thousand times weaker than the reference field.

VLF induction balance metal detectors do detect magnetic susceptibility, but only in response to the field that the transmitter creates, at their frequency of operation.

And then there's LRL's. Lacking any principle of actual long range detection of buried valuables, the illusion that somehow maybe they do something anyhow is kept alive by pseudoscience (including things like a genuine map created for geophysicists completely misinterpreted by wishful-thinking LRL'ers), by dowsing rods, by sensors that really do respond to "something invisible" which however has nothing to do with locating buried valuables, and by fraudulent demonstrations such as those performed by Mineoro using concealed transmitters.

--Dave J.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Guru

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
> a place going a few kms further away and you are allready having a problem adjusting your MD.

Which MD?

> Does it have to do whith the electromagnetic field strength that is completely different in this place? But where is this fact coming from?

An usual MD should be immune against the earths magnetic field.

The soil and the metallic minerals of the bedrock for shure will influnce the earths magneticfield alot.

And depending on the minerals some or many of the metal molecules are aligning with this field.

Perhaps this is the reason why an usual metal-detector destroys the very weak "LRL phenomenon signal". It demagnetized the ground or soil at an area of its radiated MDs detection field range (perhaps up to 5 meter!).
Yes I am talking about the soil and the metallic minerals of the bedrock making it difficult for your metal detector
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Guru

Considering how difficult ground mineralization makes it to detect a gold coin a mere 40 cm away, think how difficult it would be to detect a gold coin at 40,000 cm (a mere 0.4 km, about a quarter mile) through a volume of ground and rock mineralization a U.S. trillion times as great, even if the whole process were linear and not wrecked by the 3rd power law of magnetic dipoles.

Further consider the fact that commercial metal detectors in order to be competitive in the present market have to implement in a competent fashion technology developed within the last 30 years, whereas in the LRL market technology itself is irrelevant other than for what the manufacturer can bandy about buzzwords that sound like they mean something to people who have no knowledge of the subject matter.

To people who have no knowledge of the subject matter.

If you don't understand the salespitch, and are too proud to admit that the salespitch makes no sense, another pigeon perched at the entrance to the bank will drop to the ground, and you're that pigeon. That is the principle behind the scam called "pigeon drop". Google it, it's been around even longer than I have.

I'm not saying that it will never be possible to detect a buried gold coin at 0.4 km depending exclusively on signals from the coin itself (and not for example prior knowledge of its probable location). What I'm saying is that the current state of the art is in three categories: metal detection of the well-known kind, outright imagination, and fraud to fill the gap.

Of those three, which ever you want, it's available. Take your pick.

--Dave J.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
..................... whereas in the LRL market technology itself is irrelevant other than for what the manufacturer can bandy about buzzwords that sound like they mean something to people who have no knowledge of the subject matter.
--Dave J.
Yes it is probably the most efficient technique for them when they invent special buzzwords to promote their sales and which for the rest of the world mean nothing.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=digital logic;140363
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Guru (Administrator)

OK guys, no need to start a war. Please try to be civil and leave out the personal abuse.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Guru

What you deleted???
I can't understand what you mean!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What you deleted???
I can't understand what you mean!!!
The thread was going completely off-topic concerning the Macedonia naming dispute ->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_naming_dispute
and there was a lot of personal abuse and name calling. The offending posts were deleted.

You are welcome to discuss the Macedonian dispute in the Off-Topic section, but any name calling will be removed.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Guru

Already you too made ​​the first mistake.
Temporarily Skopje called Fyrom and not Macedonia. When settlement of the issue, we will accept the new name, whatever it is. Until then it is Fyrom.
Sorry

After you "read" it, you may delete it...

Regards
Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Guru

Sorry but you should delete his post Qiaozhi and not mine because you know very well that he started swearing to all Greeks and to my country in general whith no reason at all.
As I said according to his uncivilised behaviour he should be punished from you for at least six months and until he is more polite to those they teached him how to walk down on earth instead of jumping from one tree to another like monkey
Old 12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Guru

Qiaozhi g-sani and geo they have right. The best thing you can do, is banned this man. He Can not insult us
regards
Old 12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREAS View Post
Qiaozhi g-sani and geo they have right. The best thing you can do, is banned this man. He Can not insult us
regards
I understand what you're saying, and any more name calling and abuse will result in the perpetrator taking a sabbatical from the LRL Forum.
Let's just leave it there and get back on topic.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Guru

Ok Qiaozhi.
We all understand that we are not in the subject but it was an attack out of the blue and when it comes like this you loose control my friend.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
Ok Qiaozhi.
We all understand that we are not in the subject but it was an attack out of the blue and when it comes like this you loose control my friend.
In that case, simply click on the red triangle at the top right of the offending post, and report it to Admin so that we can deal with it.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
In that case, simply click on the red triangle at the top right of the offending post, and report it to Admin so that we can deal with it.
You see, all this made some good.
Sorry I didn't know about that.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi, since we have a new forum exclusively for LRLs I finally decided that it is worth it to bring up this video here.
You see they were too many skeptics in Geotech but I see that some of them followed us also over here.
I see you arguing heavily about Crypton in thread OBMD-1 but since this thread is under the Longe Range locators forum(which is wrong) I decided to make a new thread over here.There are no rods and no swiveling by any means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0Ks...&feature=g-upl

It is me testing Crypton up in the Greek mountains where guerillas used to hide during world war II.
Sorry it is not the best picture but at least the sound is good.

Good luck forever

<< My channel >> << My shop >>

Please do not demand Private Messages .... I cant reply all here....For more information you can send me email ....Thank you for understanding
Old 12-20-2013, 07:27 AM
Guru

God bless you Niko
Best whishes!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsani
Hi, since we have a new forum exclusively for LRLs I finally decided that it is worth it to bring up this video here.
You see they were too many skeptics in Geotech but I see that some of them followed us also over here.
I see you arguing heavily about Crypton in thread OBMD-1 but since this thread is under the Longe Range locators forum(which is wrong) I decided to make a new thread over here.There are no rods and no swiveling by any means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0Ks...&feature=g-upl

It is me testing Crypton up in the Greek mountains where guerillas used to hide during world war II.
Sorry it is not the best picture but at least the sound is good.
What was it that you found?
It's not clear from the video.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
What was it that you found?
It's not clear from the video.
Just check the following post(No10) Qiaozhi and you will find the answer.
http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...ad.php?t=18443
Old 12-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Just check the following post(No10) Qiaozhi and you will find the answer.
http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...ad.php?t=18443
OK - thanks.

As you said, the place you searched with the DFX was chosen based on a signal from the LRL; but did you search the surrounding area with the DFX (after finding the bullet) to see if there was anything else there? Also, how many other places were there where you decided to detect (based on signals from the LRL) where you found nothing?

It's easy to create a video that shows an LRL giving a signal, then take a metal detector and find something buried there. It's the things you don't tell us that are important, like how many times you went through the same process and found only an empty hole.

I'm sure you believe that your LRL works, but how can you be sure this is not a case of self-deception?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Guru

I found this that is crypton OBMD2 test on the beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI9rYwYmSmA
Old 05-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Guru

There is a rock indicating the spot.
Two options left.
Either the operator had previously detected the signal and used the rock as reference for the video or all of this was a set up to convince the audience.
Assuming the video is showing an authentic detection, it's a nice demonstration. In this case, it's clear that the device when over calibrated, emit random beeps to other directions. And when gain is reduced, it gets quiet also to the target. So, a midway calibration in between the two extremes appears to work at some point, tough the random beeping only diminish but do not cease.
It's also noticeable that the saline and humid environment is jamming the IR sensor. I would suggest the designer of this device to build a more stable comparator circuit for the Murata sensor.
Nice video but it's hard to tell if it's an authentic detection or not. The target could have been planted and the random beeps only to justify the target. Particularly when the sensor is put real close to the humid and saline ground that we all know, enhances ionization.
Also, who posted and made the video is a 'middle east representative' for Crypton. So, as a sales representative, he needs to sell it.
Sorry to be playing the favorite game of the 'skepthics' here but this does not mean that in this case it should not be valid.
I like the video anyway. Apart from being authentic or not, it's good to see that new devices being made for treasure hunting are of long range type. In my opinion, those are the real tools for the treasure hunter. Not the outdated floor polishers that some manufacturers still insist to sell, if you know what I mean.

I am presently completing the final stages of the MX-8, my new LRL. I believe that in some months, when I get enough time out of my busy schedule, I will be able to pack it and field tests will begin. I will probably show it here and you will know what it can do.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Two options left.
Either the operator had previously detected the signal and used the rock as reference for the video or all of this was a set up to convince the audience.
Assuming the video is showing an authentic detection, it's a nice demonstration. In this case, it's clear that the device when over calibrated, emit random beeps to other directions. And when gain is reduced, it gets quiet also to the target. So, a midway calibration in between the two extremes appears to work at some point, tough the random beeping only diminish but do not cease.
It's also noticeable that the saline and humid environment is jamming the IR sensor. I would suggest the designer of this device to build a more stable comparator circuit for the Murata sensor.
Nice video but it's hard to tell if it's an authentic detection or not. The target could have been planted and the random beeps only to justify the target. Particularly when the sensor is put real close to the humid and saline ground that we all know, enhances ionization.
Also, who posted and made the video is a 'middle east representative' for Crypton. So, as a sales representative, he needs to sell it.
Sorry to be playing the favorite game of the 'skepthics' here but this does not mean that in this case it should not be valid.
I like the video anyway. Apart from being authentic or not, it's good to see that new devices being made for treasure hunting are of long range type. In my opinion, those are the real tools for the treasure hunter. Not the outdated floor polishers that some manufacturers still insist to sell, if you know what I mean.

I am presently completing the final stages of the MX-8, my new LRL. I believe that in some months, when I get enough time out of my busy schedule, I will be able to pack it and field tests will begin. I will probably show it here and you will know what it can do.
good luck with your MX-8

I also have other LRL project,but still in prototype, its type of IONIC .

regards
Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Guru

Hi Hung

Yes i agree 100% with your comments, and that was the reason for me to post this video. The same person has posted other two videos that shows more test for crypton, but this time not on the beach. However, Tim Williams has posted about 3 or 4 videos showing crypton performance.
My Crypton OBMD2 demo version, looks to me that needs that extra functions of the original one, to let me get targets. However yesterday i made some test with an iron core in front of it and crypton beeps. Same thing happend when crypton passes close to a steel or iron plate. The problem now is to know if this is normal or crypton demo is out of gold or silver detection range.
For all i will ask this to Andreas.
Regards and good luck with your MX-8 project

Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Two options left.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Guru

Thanks Morgan and Nelson.