LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Fred, probably you do not understand good LRL design rules. You need to take some design courses at dr. Hung.
Thank you WM6, you are right, i should send him a pm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma330 View Post
Wm6 is designed very well, fred.Designed with scientific principles.To avoid disturbance frequency should be a plan that is different from other circuits with metal detector.
This time I plan to pcb1:
Maybe we have different conception of what is a scientific principle, but i found this design terrible. I usually don´t criticize other´s work, but i was sure WM6 was smart enough to understand that it was not a negative critic, and his answer confirmed it .

Quote:
Very well ma330, right thing. Congratulations.

Please post PCB in Black/White .JPG format (or .gif or other pic format) too, cause some of us have trouble with .lay format viewer.
I think that you know it but for windows there is a free editor to download on the sprint layout homepage.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

I think that you know it but for windows there is a free editor to download on the sprint layout homepage.
Thanks Fred. I know, but I am under Linux for a while and a bit lazy.

@ma330: Thanks for your kindness.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
for wm6
The size pcb is 140 * 45mm
Put in the files of high quality and reliable printing for you
enjoy
good luck
good job my friend, excellent
Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM

i checked it and i can say it has not any problem.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi aft_72005,
Yes, I know that Iran has a long and rich history.
This was the ancient Persia which was much larger than Iran today.
For mest64, I agree with you.
There is no reason why anyone should use fake names unless they have some secret mission.
For me, I want no part of any of the mesy64 or other fake names from mesyana.
I think it is good to ignore all attempts from mesy64 to beg for circuits.
This forum is for people who want to experiment with LRL principles, not for fake names to come and continue to ask for more circuits.

Thank you for your help with some good engineering in other threads.

Best wishes,
J_P

Hi J_Player
Also I am thank you, you are smart engineer, I reading all your messages in forum .
You having strong theory.
Best regards.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Guru

At this speed of progress in a few days we will have pictures of treasures everywhere.
And JP will be a worldwide known Prophet/God/ saint/guru (your choice)
Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Your believe.What is the power of detection in this pd?
Old 01-13-2012, 07:25 PM

my pcb is Ready
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
my pcb is Ready
I may be wrong but it seems you have reversed it.For your luck there are no IC´s, but you will need to rotate all the transistors 180º.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I may be wrong but it seems you have reversed it.For your luck there are no IC´s, but you will need to rotate all the transistors 180º.
no dear fred
Everything is correct.No need to rotate any part. When comes back everything will be in place.I've developed a very PCb with this software.All of them are working.
good luck
Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Guru

Rotate or not rotate, that is the question.
Good luck to you too !
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Rotate or not rotate, that is the question.
Good luck to you too !
dear fred
I had seen none of the transistors.I just put them in the replica in pcb.And did not specify the base and collector base and emitter of the transistor Because users are free to place transistors.
good luck
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
my pcb is Ready
Hi ma330, please, left some gold to me too!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi WM6,
You can gold-plate the board, then you will have a built-in sample with many ground currents flowing through it.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Guru

More information for the metal locating PD:

I checked an old computer hard drive and found more notes I made from the old forum posts describing this PD adaptation of the original factory locator.
You can see there are some corrections I found.
You can use some of these infos to check if your version is working the same as the original factory version.

1. The 50K sensitivity pot is multi-turn. This will give better control for making fine adjustments to the sensitivity.

2. If you measure the voltage across the ends of the TX coil (same as across the 3.3nF mica capacitor), you will find a maximum peak voltage of 180v. This means you want to use a real mica capacitor that will not have a problem with 180v. This coil measured at 759uH, about 4 ohms. The TX wire size had the appearance of being 0.45mm diameter (AWG 25).

3. The TX coil oscillator has a pulsed frequency that repeats 333 pulses per second. Each of these pulses sends a burst of VLF frequency which decays logarithmically to nothing within 0.6 ms (this is about 1/5 of the time between pulses). This series of pulses is generated at the first transistors which form a relaxation oscillator connected to the TX coil at the tap between the 12T and 3T windings. Your version pistol locator vary a little depending on the exact values and tolerances of the coil and capacitor that you use for the TX, and the pulse rate could vary depending on the tolerances of the components around the first two transistors. [Note: I suspect there may be an error reading the pulses per second. It may be 667 pulses per second if I did not read my notes correctly.]

4. The RX coil voltage measured across the ends (same as measure across 1.8nF capacitor) is 400 mv from peak to peak. This coil measured 4.166mH at 21.2 ohms.
The RX wire size had the appearance of being 0.25mm diameter (AWG 30).

5. Initial pinpointing distance tests in air:
45 cm = coke can
14 cm = aluminium sheet 14cm x 9cm
1.2 m = other large metal objects

No problem pinpointing to find the correct place to dig a hole
Discriminates from ferrous to non-ferrous
Detected the engineer's hand when he moved it close to the coil.

I assume the discrimination accomplished by the tone that is heard on the speaker.
This would mean there is a difference in phase angle of the received signal depending on whether we are detecting a ferrous or non-ferrous metal anomaly, and this phase angle variation is preserved so it can be heard through the audio amplifier.

The corrections I show above will be included in the final compilation for this project.
Remember to make changes to for building from previous posts above.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
At this speed of progress in a few days we will have pictures of treasures everywhere.
And JP will be a worldwide known Prophet/God/ saint/guru (your choice)

Originally posted by ma330
Your believe.What is the power of detection in this pd?
Hi Fred,
I have no idea what this locator can detect or not detect other than the reports I read.
If I become a famous Prophet/God/ saint/guru, then I will change my name like mesy64 does so nobody will know who I am.
I do not need for people to pray to me.

But what about treasure recovery?
There are 40 years history of people recovering treasures when they used this buried metal locator.
I know it will locate treasures from the reports I read.
I have never read any report that it failed to locate a treasure when it was used as the manufacturer recommended.
However, the manufacturer never recommended to configure this locator into a pistol design.
So we hear other reports from people who made modifications to make it into the pistol shape, and even made modifications to the circuits.
Then we hear many stories of locating long distances.
But even the original factory "rifle configuration" was reported to find signals that modern metal locators do not detect.
Where these signals come from, nobody knows for certain.

We must keep in mind that when this locator began finding all these treasures was a time when most treasures had not been recovered yet, so there were more treasures to find.
But after 40 years of metal detectors and other treasure hunting tools, I expect there are fewer treasures to find today.

What is the longest distance of detection?
Second, I do not know the exact distance that this locator can locate treasures.
For pinpointing, I read the report that it can pinpoint farther than most pin-pointers... 45 cm for a coke can is farther than any other pin-pointer that I know of, and it will pinpoint the location of the can with accuracy of maybe 5cm or closer to the correct place to dig the hole.
But for long range, I do not know exactly how far, because people have not made any reports to tell how far when the circuit is unmodified.
This is the reason why I would like to see the field reports from people who actually test it like we read from sakis1.
I think the distance of detection will depend on some details of how it is constructed.
If a builder is careful to take precautions in the construction to avoid transferring the electronic noise from the speaker to the receiver circuit, and makes a very clean null with little metal near the coils, I think he will find better detection of small signals than a different builder who has loose wires bouncing around near the coils, and has metal brackets and screws at the coils.

Third, I am wondering what modifications are necessary to find the long range detection of treasure metals such as gold, platinum, and silver, while ignoring aluminium and lead.
We know from previous reports that it already have some discrimination built in that can be heard as a changed sound on the speaker for different metals.
But I don't know for certain until we see some reports to confirm this.

Detecting sparks from long range:
From what I read, this locator will detect sparks from distant thunderstorms farther than an ordinary metal detector.
We can expect this because it does not have a Faraday shield to block the detection of electric field anomalies.
So we also know it does not intentionally block out the electric component of the VLF reception.

I remember reading reports of it making detection of signals when the closest thunderstorms were hundreds of Km distance.
I am wondering if this locator is detecting the lightning flashes from their disturbance to the ground that could possibly be detected because of the transmission through the telluric currents under the ground.
These are normally very slow fluctuating currents which appear to be DC, unless you look for long enough to see they are AC with a 24 hour cycle, and other lower frequencies superimposed, as well as higher frequencies as we see originating from lightning storms that could be very far distance.

Then what about signals that come from treasures?
As far as I know, treasures do not generate their own signals.
An external source of energy must interact with the location of buried metals to cause an anomaly that could be detected.
This is the principle of all treasure locators, with the exception of a special kind of gamma ray detector, which can detect gamma emissions that originate directly from various elements that are buried.
The external energy which could conceivably show an anomaly at the location of buried metals comes from several sources:
1. The VLF transmitter sends VLF waves that we can expect to penetrate at least 2-3 meters into the ground, and farther depending on the soil conductivity.
2. Chemical energy from chemicals in the ground which corrode small amounts of all metals including gold and platinum, and make them into ions that are suspended into the ground around the buried treasure. This chemical action uses energy which is derived from transfers of the electric charges in the chemical bonds between elements which are combining and separating.
3. The charge from the atmosphere imposes a strong electric field to the surface interface of the of the ground which surrounds the buried metal.
4. Various electric currents under the ground such as telluric currents, momentary jolts of current from distant thunderstorms, current fluctuations cause by seismic activity, ground battery current from corrosion of metal or other nearby elements oxidising or reducing, 50-60Hz ground currents from nearby power generation and ground rods, etc. are more external energy sources which can find anomalies when a buried metal object is in the ground.
5. Nuclear decay and collisions from other elements under the ground can impart energy to the buried metal, or to the chemically charged ground around it that may show an anomaly in the location of the buried metal.
6. Effects of cosmic rays and other energies acting on the buried metals that are not well understood by most treasure hunters are another source of external energy impinging on the ground at the buried metal location.

There are many other external sources of energy which could disturb the buried metal or the soil around it which could be charged with corroding ions from the metal.
So we have a lot of choices for what kind of energy anomaly to look for in the vicinity of the treasure.
Of course, the most obvious external source of external energy is the VLF transmitter you are waving toward the location where you want to look for buried metals.
In normal metal detecting, we expect the energy from the magnetic component of the VLF will induce currents in the buried metal which will result in an anomaly that can be detected from the RX coil.
But this only works for short ranges.
The difference with this locator is it is not limited to receiving the magnetic component of the VLF that the transmitter sends out.
It also can receive the electric field component.
And from the reports I have read, it receives electric signals from other sources as well as the locked frequency of the transmitter.

While this kind of reception is usually considered to be noise, who knows which of the external energies that are impinging on the buried treasure can be detected as an anomaly by the RX coil?
It could be detecting any one of the 6 kinds of external energy I listed above, or others that I have not listed.
How can we know what kind of an anomaly near the treasure would possibly be detectable by a locator that is so sensitive that it catches tiny noises that are usually filtered away by modern metal detectors?

As near as I can remember, the engineer who adapted his original factory version of this locator reported detecting some very strange signals that he could not identify from any particular source.
But that's not all.
Apparently, this same engineer converted at least one other metal locator to a PD configuration which used a similar electronic design from a different manufacturer and found the same kind of strange signals being detected that his other treasure hunting equipment could not locate.
When engineers find this condition, they often think they have detected noise. And indeed they have!
But it seems so strange that we heard no more about the strange signals he detected, and soon nothing more about his PD modified locator.
This is why I think he went treasure hunting.
Did he figure out where these signals came from?
How much treasure did he recover over the years since I saw his last posts about these PDs that he constructed?
Did he make modifications to his original factory circuits to tune in the treasures with more accuracy and more distance?

Perhaps we will never know.
But we now have the exact same circuit that he started with.
So we can discover for ourselves what this locator can do and we can make our own modifications like sakis1 did.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
for dera freand wm6
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Fred,
I have no idea what this locator can detect or not detect other than the reports I read.
If I become a famous Prophet/God/ saint/guru, then I will change my name like mesy64 does so nobody will know who I am.

There are 40 years history of people recovering treasures when they used this buried metal locator.
I have never read any report that it failed to locate a treasure when it was used as the manufacturer recommended.
However, the manufacturer never recommended to configure this locator into a pistol design.
So we hear other reports from people who made modifications to make it into the pistol shape, and even made modifications to the circuits.
But even the original factory "rifle configuration" was reported to find signals that modern metal locators do not detect.

We must keep in mind that when this locator began finding all these treasures was a time when most treasures had not been recovered yet, so there were more treasures to find.
But after 40 years of metal detectors and other treasure hunting tools, I expect there are fewer treasures to find today.

Second, I do not know the exact distance that this locator can locate treasures.
For pinpointing, I read the report that it can pinpoint farther than most pin-pointers... 45 cm for a coke can is farther than any other pin-pointer that I know of, and it will pinpoint the location of the can with accuracy of maybe 5cm or closer to the correct place to dig the hole.
But for long range, I do not know exactly how far, because people have not made any reports to tell how far when the circuit is unmodified.
This is the reason why I would like to see the field reports from people who actually test it like we read from sakis1.
I think the distance of detection will depend on some details of how it is constructed.
If a builder is careful to take precautions in the construction to avoid transferring the electronic noise from the speaker to the receiver circuit, and makes a very clean null with little metal near the coils, I think he will find better detection of small signals than a different builder who has loose wires bouncing around near the coils, and has metal brackets and screws at the coils.

Third, I am wondering what modifications are necessary to find the long range detection of treasure metals such as gold, platinum, and silver, while ignoring aluminium and lead.
We know from previous reports that it already have some discrimination built in that can be heard as a changed sound on the speaker for different metals.

From what I read, this locator will detect sparks from distant thunderstorms farther than an ordinary metal detector.
We can expect this because it does not have a Faraday shield to block the detection of electric field anomalies.
So we also know it does not intentionally block out the electric component of the VLF reception.

I remember reading reports of it making detection of signals when the closest thunderstorms were hundreds of Km distance.
I am wondering if this locator is detecting the lightning flashes from their disturbance to the ground that could possibly be detected because of the transmission through the telluric currents under the ground.
These are normally very slow fluctuating currents which appear to be DC, unless you look for long enough to see they are AC with a 24 hour cycle, and other lower frequencies superimposed, as well as higher frequencies as we see originating from lightning storms that could be very far distance.

An external source of energy must interact with the location of buried metals to cause an anomaly that could be detected.
This is the principle of all treasure locators, with the exception of a special kind of gamma ray detector, which can detect gamma emissions that originate directly from various elements that are buried.
The external energy which could conceivably show an anomaly at the location of buried metals comes from several sources:
1. The VLF transmitter sends VLF waves that we can expect to penetrate at least 2-3 meters into the ground, and farther depending on the soil conductivity.
2. Chemical energy from chemicals in the ground which corrode small amounts of all metals including gold and platinum, and make them into ions that are suspended into the ground around the buried treasure. This chemical action uses energy which is derived from transfers of the electric charges in the chemical bonds between elements which are combining and separating.
3. The charge from the atmosphere imposes a strong electric field to the surface interface of the of the ground which surrounds the buried metal.
4. Various electric currents under the ground such as telluric currents, momentary jolts of current from distant thunderstorms, current fluctuations cause by seismic activity, ground battery current from corrosion of metal or other nearby elements oxidising or reducing, 50-60Hz ground currents from nearby power generation and ground rods, etc. are more external energy sources which can find anomalies when a buried metal object is in the ground.
5. Nuclear decay and collisions from other elements under the ground can impart energy to the buried metal, or to the chemically charged ground around it that may show an anomaly in the location of the buried metal.
6. Effects of cosmic rays and other energies acting on the buried metals that are not well understood by most treasure hunters are another source of external energy impinging on the ground at the buried metal location.

There are many other external sources of energy which could disturb the buried metal or the soil around it which could be charged with corroding ions from the metal.
So we have a lot of choices for what kind of energy anomaly to look for in the vicinity of the treasure.
Of course, the most obvious external source of external energy is the VLF transmitter you are waving toward the location where you want to look for buried metals.
In normal metal detecting, we expect the energy from the magnetic component of the VLF will induce currents in the buried metal which will result in an anomaly that can be detected from the RX coil.
The difference with this locator is it is not limited to receiving the magnetic component of the VLF that the transmitter sends out.
And from the reports I have read, it receives electric signals from other sources as well as the locked frequency of the transmitter.

While this kind of reception is usually considered to be noise, who knows which of the external energies that are impinging on the buried treasure can be detected as an anomaly by the RX coil?
It could be detecting any one of the 6 kinds of external energy I listed above, or others that I have not listed.
How can we know what kind of an anomaly near the treasure would possibly be detectable by a locator that is so sensitive that it catches tiny noises that are usually filtered away by modern metal detectors?

As near as I can remember, the engineer who adapted his original factory version of this locator reported detecting some very strange sounds that he could not identify from any particular source.
But that's not all.
Apparently, this same engineer converted at least one other metal locator to a PD configuration which used a similar electronic design from a different manufacturer and found the same kind of strange signals being detected that his other treasure hunting equipment could not locate.
When engineers find this condition, they often think they have detected noise. And indeed they have!
But it seems so strange that we heard no more about the strange signals he detected, and soon nothing more about his PD modified locator.
How much treasure did he recover over the years since I saw his last posts about these PDs that he constructed?
Did he make modifications to his original factory circuits to tune in the treasures with more accuracy and more distance?

So we can discover for ourselves what this locator can do and we can make our own modifications like sakis1 did.

Best wishes,
J_P
j-p tank you for Submit Information
Old 01-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
for dera freand wm6
Nice PCB, ma330. You are on the way to build best LRL pistol of the world.

Please post some pics of populated PCB too.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Nice PCB, ma330. You are on the way to build best LRL pistol of the world.

Please post some pics of populated PCB too.
tank you wm6
I'm a little busy working.It takes time to build it for me.But as soon as I made sure of this information.
Which one of the other building is the pd?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Hi Fred,

As near as I can remember, the engineer who adapted his original factory version of this locator reported detecting some very strange signals that he could not identify from any particular source.
But that's not all.

Best wishes,
J_P
P J. BRAVO nice thoughts.

I believe that if we also work to manage too much in this metal detector.
there is hardly any knowledge of electronic engineering to understand how it works P D!
I taught you how far away from metal detecting and I said how did the phenomenon.
enough to read about the nmr and you'll understand how it can upset the field by the metal.
electronic structures are my hobby not my job?) I like to discover strange phenomena
Good luck to those who deal with this construction.

Greetings from GREECE
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis1 View Post

look at google images for NMR

...P J. BRAVO nice thoughts.

I believe that if we also work to manage too much in this metal detector.
there is hardly any knowledge of electronic engineering to understand how it works P D!
I taught you how far away from metal detecting and I said how did the phenomenon.
enough to read about the nmr and you'll understand how it can upset the field by the metal.
electronic structures are my hobby not my job?) I like to discover strange phenomena
Good luck to those who deal with this construction.

Greetings from GREECE
Hi sakis1,

Thank you for posting your tips to learn about the NMR that you use on your pistol.
I read your all the websites that show images where you say "look at google images for NMR.
I found that all the images showed powerful magnets that are used to create a very strong magnetic field to put unknown samples into so the NMR can be measured.
What I read from the links you showed, the only way to obtain a strong enough magnetic field to detect NMR frequencies requires using a superconducting magnet to make a 12 Tesla or more field field to insert a sample into. Liquid nitrogen and liquid helium are required in order to cool the solenoid coils cold enough to create the superconducting electromagnet so it can reach a large current flow to create this enormous magnetic field.
Of course, the superconducting magnet wire is usually a copper clad niobium-titanium alloy, because ordinary copper wire does not work.
I can see from your google NMR images that a computer is used to make calculations from the MHz data taken from the sensors in the NMR cyrogenic chamber.
The final calculation can identify what element was present from the precession data.
See below for some images I found when I made the google NMR image search as you said.

I had no idea that you have found a way to miniaturize a superconducting solenoid to generate intense magnetic fields strong enough to perform NMR spectrometry.
This is quite a feat.
This magnetic field is only 200,000 times stronger than the earth's natural field, but it should be strong enough to give adequate results for NMR spectroscopy.
It seems even more amazing that you have been able to identify buried samples without placing them into the 12 Tesla superconducting field on your PD first.

What I am wondering are three questions:
1. How do you keep the liquid nitrogen and liquid helium cold long enough for treasure hunting so your superconducting coil can maintain the 12 Tesla field?
2. What power source do you use to drive your superconducting magnet?
3. How did you manage to get buried treasures to precess when they are not first placed inside the 12 Tesla magnet cavity on your PD?

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Guru

More corrections -- The project is nearly complete.

I found some more notes from the factory for this metal locator.
Keep these corrections for when you build your locator.

These are the factory settings.
These are different from what the engineer measured because there is a variation from tolerances of the components which can cause voltages and frequencies to vary a little for each locator.
Also there could be errors from when taking readings, or from when I took the notes several years ago.

Notes extracted from the factory manual:

1. According to the factory manual, TX and RX Coil frequency is Approximately 100KHz
Notes: These frequencies can be adjusted by the mica capacitor values or by adjusting the coil turns.
The exact frequency is not important as long as it is somewhere near 100KHz.
But it is important that the receiver coil is the same frequency as the transmitter.
You can make adjustments to change the frequency by changing the mica capacitor values for the TX or RX coils.
If you decide to make capacitor adjustments, remember these are mica capacitors which are used to keep a very stable frequency even when the temperature changes.
Any added capacitors should also be mica so you don't loose the temperature stability at the coils.
The capacitors at this location will see up to 180 volts peaks, so be sure you use a capacitor that is good for at least 180 volts.

Another easy way to make frequency adjustments is to adjust the receiver coil turns until the RX coil is at the same frequency as the TX coil.
You can do this by adding a few turns or removing a few turns from BOTH ENDS of the RX coil.
If you add more turns, you will cause the RX coil to reduce the frequency, but removing turns will cause the RX coil to increase frequency.
You want to add or remove turns from the RX coil until it has the same frequency as the TX coil.
Note: Be sure to add or remove the same number of turns from both ends of the RX coil, so when you are done, the coil will have the same number of turns at both ends.
(Example: The original design for the RX coil is 56 turns one side (tap 6-7) and 56 turns other side (tap 7-8 ).
If you remove 2 turns from one end, then you should remove 2 turns at the other side too, for 54 turns one side and 54 turns other side).

2. The factory says the pulsed frequency from the TX coil is approximately 500 pulses per second. (This is the pulse rate that was measured to be 333 pulses per per second).
This pulse is sent to the TX coil at tap 2, between 12T and 3T to cause the coil to send short bursts of 100KHz VLF.
This pulsing can be heard as a demodulated audio tone at the speaker when you hear a detection sound.
The exact number of pulses per second is not important as long as you can hear it make a sound somewhere near 500Hz.
I remember the engineer reported 333 pulses per second, which may have been an error to mean 667 pulses per second.
I think any of these pulse rates will work ok.
The only difference is a faster pulse rates will make a higher pitch tone at the speaker, and it will use more battery power.
For me, I think I would tune for 500Hz to keep the same as the factory design.
Maybe later I would make the pulse rate lower to give longer battery life.
(Adjust the value of the capacitor and resistors at the first 2 transistors to change the pulse rate).

3. Factory manual says the battery life is 50 hours approximately under normal operating conditions. Yayyyy...!! good for long life from a 9v battery

With the information above, I think our project is nearly complete.
I have put all the recent corrections on a single image file (See below).
The new version rev-03 shows several changes and updates:
1. A few changes in resistor values from 10k to 9k1. This was done because these resistors were originally specified as 9k1 5%.
These resistors are at amplifier stages that are critical to remain within a given beta range.
10k may work, but I decided it is better to show the exact factory specified values.
2. Most of the resistors are specified as 10% tolerance, while some are 5%. All these 5% tolerance resistors are shown on the new version.
3. The coil taps are re-numbered to match the ma330 circuit boards. These taps are numbered 1-8 now.
4. I assigned numbers for all the resistors, capacitors and semiconductors so we can troubleshoot easier.
Also note on the new schematic, all the external conductors from parts that connect to the board have a label from A-L.
5. A complete components list is included in the new revision.
6. Corrections were made for coil wire sizes.
7. Several minor modifications to the construction tips were made to show improved methods of construction.

The only work remaining are two items:
1. Check the compatibility of the substitute transistors to find which are the best choices, and check the pin-out for BCE orientation of each substitute choice.
2. Make final labeling on the circuit board to show where each component is placed, then put the circuit boards into the plans.
Some of the board components will need to be marked to be polarized, such as the meter, and the orientation of potentiometers and electrolytic capacitors.
Transistors should be marked BCE so we will know where to connect various transistor substitutes without making a mistake.

But for now, the image below shows the current updated project that can be used with the ma330 circuit boards or made on proto-board.
I think all the components are correct.
Let's keep checking for errors so we can find the last corrections before we make the final project files.

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I believe this to cover any questions

and this also>>>
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ar/nmrvar.html

To have a pleasant aspect in this construction?)

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...t=18437&page=2 post #33*****************************waiting anxiously!!!!!!!!!

zarkinos<
Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Guru

Excellent work J_P.

A model how to make projects.