LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM

For the video I didn't use any transmitter,
So you think it is working correct?
The next days I am going to check the direction
That gold gun so me,
I will be very happy if I found any metal there.
I let you know about this.
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Guru

Congratulations ionios
Very nice GG and in the video if i m not wrong you got a null signal. Tell us how and from were you got the transmitter signal.
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionios View Post
Hello friends, here is a small video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O4Vm6iivw
It is the first time i use the gold gun so i like to ask,
If someone use gold gun from you,
What you think about the video and the numbers i get in organe?
Is it works like must be?
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Guru

Thanks WM6
I will try to find the transmiter scjhematics you posted.
I m not shure, but is my idea that mixing GG with pdk device could allow me to have succes on long range MD.
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Yes, Nelson, the main point is correct frequency. Mean frequency tuned to transmitter that can be received in your local.

There is a little use, even if you have original GG, if there is no TX frequency on which GG is tuned in your local.

You can replace non-existent (military) local VLF signal transmitter by your own portable one. I have already posted some adequate TX schematic here.

J_P can explain this matter more in detail.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Guru

How did you made GG digital. Do you have schematics to share?
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
Hello friends, here is a small video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O4Vm6iivw
It is the first time i use the gold gun so i like to ask,
If someone use gold gun from you,
What you think about the video and the numbers i get in organe?
Is it works like must be?
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:14 PM

Here it is the circuit for the gold gun i make,

And the change i made with the capacitors connection
Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Guru

Wink

thx friend

you can read it

http://www.al-hadarat.com/forum/index.php
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Guru

The gold gun is a radio receiver similar to a small battery power AM radio receiver.
The gold gun is tuned to one frequency to listen to a radio station.
The design shows a switch which allows you to tune to 3 different radio stations.
The gold gun does not find any signal from buried metals.
The gold gun finds a signal only from a radio station that sends a broadcast at the same frequency that the gold gun is tuned to.
If there is no station sending a radio broadcast to the gold gun, then the gold gun will receive no signal.

Today, the radio transmitters which send signals for the gold gun are not working.
There is no transmitter sending a signal to the gold gun, so the gold gun will receive no signal.
It will only show occasional variations of random noise.

If you want the gold gun to work, you must build a small transmitter that is tuned to the same frequency as the gold gun.
Then your gold gun can receive the signal from the transmitter.
The transmitter does not need strong power.
50 milliwatts is much more than you need.
This transmitter should have a loop antenna to send out the VLF broadcast.
A loop antenna will send a 10mw VLF signal maybe several Km distance for easy reception of the signal on the gold gun.
When you have your transmitter tuned to the exact same frequency as your gold gun, then you can put the transmitter to the side of the place where you want to hunt for buried metal.

When you see that you are receiving a carrier wave from the transmitter, then you can use the gold gun to search for buried metal.
You walk in the field and watch for when the carrier signal goes to a minimum.
Then you move some meters to the side and search a second time to see where you find the minimum signal.
The place where the two lines of minimum signal cross is where the buried metal is located.

If there is no transmitter in the distance sending a signal for your gold gun to receive, then you will receive no signal to show where is the buried metal.
The buried metal does not send out a VLF signal that the gold gun can receive.
Only a separate transmitter can send a signal for the gold gun to receive.
The detection of buried metal is done through the principle of induction due to the metal properties of the buried metal.
The buried metal can make an inductive anomaly of the signal that you receive from the transmitter.

Remember, most people say the gold gun does not work.

originally posted by Tim Williams
"...I could not get the gold gun I had to work. But that may be because the signal was not being transmitted. This unit has a transmitter.
I can't say if it will work or not. I just wanted to let everyone know there was one on ebay".

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...1&postcount=71

originally posted by Geo
"..Many people constructed it at Greece, without results
Few weeks ago, when i went to Olympus for treasure hunting, there was two people who had a GG clone. No results..."

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=101815&postcount=82

originally posted by alnamr
"Hi to all
I made this device but there was no sound except confusion
See photos"

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...6&postcount=99

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 PM

Thank you for your answers, I didnt use te same frequencies that the gold gun use,
I make the board a little bigger and i use 12 position button, with 12 different values
capacitors for the coil,
Also one extra trimming capacitor parallel with the coil to adjust the the small frequencies.
I hope the resoltes are good.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Thank you for your answers, I didnt use te same frequencies that the gold gun use,
I make the board a little bigger and i use 12 position button, with 12 different values
capacitors for the coil,
Also one extra trimming capacitor parallel with the coil to adjust the the small frequencies.
I hope the resoltes are good.
Your gold gun will not receive any signal unless there is a transmitter sending a broadcast at the same frequency that you are tuned to.

The exact frequency does not matter.
But it is important that the gold gun is tuned to the frequency of a transmitter, or it will receive no signal.

For detection in deeper ground, lower frequencies are used... 10KHz - 15 KHz.
For detection closer to the surface higher frequencies are used... 25-50KHz
50 Khz is good for penetrating the ground 2-3 meters or more depending on the ground.

You can use an adjustable signal generator to transmit a signal.
If your signal generator does not produce enough power, you can add a single amplifier stage to power a loop antenna.
Then adjust the transmitter frequency until you receive a carrier wave on the gold gun.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 02-29-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post

Your gold gun will not receive any signal unless there is a transmitter sending a broadcast at the same frequency that you are tuned to....

Best wishes,
J_P
Ionios you receive the signal from Germany for clocks ( time signal ), or the ionosferic noise at 20KHz that all the people forget, or something else ...
You are lucky, because 300km East from you, we don t receive the first one. The second is not stable.
Ionios kalofagota
Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard View Post
Ionios you receive the signal from Germany for clocks ( time signal ), or the ionosferic noise at 20KHz that all the people forget, or something else ...
You are lucky, because 300km East from you, we don t receive the first one. The second is not stable.
Ionios kalofagota
Hallo, how is it going Guard?
Did you have any success using your gold gun? What about transmitting your own frequency? Have you done anything like that? I believe you did.
Regards
g-sani
Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Guru

Hi
Does anyone know if aeronautical beacons around 240 to 360 Khz may be usefull for using gold gun?

THanks
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
Hallo, how is it going Guard?
Did you have any success using your gold gun? What about transmitting your own frequency? Have you done anything like that? I believe you did.
Regards
g-sani
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Guru

Ok, so what kind of transmitter we must use in case we dont have a closer beacon that transmit on this frequencies?

Quote:
Your gold gun will not receive any signal unless there is a transmitter sending a broadcast at the same frequency that you are tuned to.

The exact frequency does not matter.
But it is important that the gold gun is tuned to the frequency of a transmitter, or it will receive no signal.

For detection in deeper ground, lower frequencies are used... 10KHz - 15 KHz.
For detection closer to the surface higher frequencies are used... 25-50KHz
50 Khz is good for penetrating the ground 2-3 meters or more depending on the ground.

You can use an adjustable signal generator to transmit a signal.
If your signal generator does not produce enough power, you can add a single amplifier stage to power a loop antenna.
Then adjust the transmitter frequency until you receive a carrier wave on the gold gun.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Guru

I think you forgot to add the file.

Quote:
Here it is the circuit for the gold gun i make,

And the change i made with the capacitors connection
Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Guru

Hi J_Player
I have a Palomar VLF converter that goes from 10 Khz to 500 Khhz, so do you thinkg it may work like gold gund if i made the gold gun antena and also using a VLF TX ?
Regards
Nelson

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/misc/0438.html

Quote:
The gold gun is a radio receiver similar to a small battery power AM radio receiver.
The gold gun is tuned to one frequency to listen to a radio station.
The design shows a switch which allows you to tune to 3 different radio stations.
The gold gun does not find any signal from buried metals.
The gold gun finds a signal only from a radio station that sends a broadcast at the same frequency that the gold gun is tuned to.
If there is no station sending a radio broadcast to the gold gun, then the gold gun will receive no signal.

Today, the radio transmitters which send signals for the gold gun are not working.
There is no transmitter sending a signal to the gold gun, so the gold gun will receive no signal.
It will only show occasional variations of random noise.

If you want the gold gun to work, you must build a small transmitter that is tuned to the same frequency as the gold gun.
Then your gold gun can receive the signal from the transmitter.
The transmitter does not need strong power.
50 milliwatts is much more than you need.
This transmitter should have a loop antenna to send out the VLF broadcast.
A loop antenna will send a 10mw VLF signal maybe several Km distance for easy reception of the signal on the gold gun.
When you have your transmitter tuned to the exact same frequency as your gold gun, then you can put the transmitter to the side of the place where you want to hunt for buried metal.

When you see that you are receiving a carrier wave from the transmitter, then you can use the gold gun to search for buried metal.
You walk in the field and watch for when the carrier signal goes to a minimum.
Then you move some meters to the side and search a second time to see where you find the minimum signal.
The place where the two lines of minimum signal cross is where the buried metal is located.

If there is no transmitter in the distance sending a signal for your gold gun to receive, then you will receive no signal to show where is the buried metal.
The buried metal does not send out a VLF signal that the gold gun can receive.
Only a separate transmitter can send a signal for the gold gun to receive.
The detection of buried metal is done through the principle of induction due to the metal properties of the buried metal.
The buried metal can make an inductive anomaly of the signal that you receive from the transmitter.

Remember, most people say the gold gun does not work.

originally posted by Tim Williams
"...I could not get the gold gun I had to work. But that may be because the signal was not being transmitted. This unit has a transmitter.
I can't say if it will work or not. I just wanted to let everyone know there was one on ebay".

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...1&postcount=71

originally posted by Geo
"..Many people constructed it at Greece, without results
Few weeks ago, when i went to Olympus for treasure hunting, there was two people who had a GG clone. No results..."

http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=101815&postcount=82

originally posted by alnamr
"Hi to all
I made this device but there was no sound except confusion
See photos"

http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...6&postcount=99

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Hi J_Player
I have a Palomar VLF converter that goes from 10 Khz to 500 Khhz, so do you thinkg it may work like gold gund if i made the gold gun antena and also using a VLF TX ?
Regards
Nelson

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/misc/0438.html
No, I do not think the Palomar VLF converter will work like the gold gun.
I think the Palomar converter will work like a VLF receiver because this is what it is designed to do.
You can connect a speaker and listen for demodulated audio sounds from the Palomar converter.

If you want directional reception like a gold gun produces, then you need to build a gold gun.
You will then need to tune the gold gun to a VLF frequency that is being broadcast when you are searching for your buried metal.
If you look at the gold gun circuit diagram, you will see it is fairly simple with the antenna critically adjusted, and amplifier stages adjusted to optimize the directional response from the antenna.
You will see the gold gun is not designed for easy listening to commercial broadcasts or for decoding time signals.
The only function of the gold gun is to provide directional radio signal strength information to a person who is looking to locate buried metal.

We see the gold gun circuit is optimized for locating buried metal.
But I have not read any convincing reports that make me believe the gold gun can be used to successfully find buried metal.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Guru

Ok thanks J_Player.
THats very clear.
So, what kind of transmiter we must uso to work with gold gun?
Could an AM VLF trnsmitter do the job?
Thanks
Nelson

Quote:
No, I do not think the Palomar VLF converter will work like the gold gun.
I think the Palomar converter will work like a VLF receiver because this is what it is designed to do.
You can connect a speaker and listen for demodulated audio sounds from the Palomar converter.

If you want directional reception like a gold gun produces, then you need to build a gold gun.
You will then need to tune the gold gun to a VLF frequency that is being broadcast when you are searching for your buried metal.
If you look at the gold gun circuit diagram, you will see it is fairly simple with the antenna critically adjusted, and amplifier stages adjusted to optimize the directional response from the antenna.
You will see the gold gun is not designed for easy listening to commercial broadcasts or for decoding time signals.
The only function of the gold gun is to provide directional radio signal strength information to a person who is looking to locate buried metal.

We see the gold gun circuit is optimized for locating buried metal.
But I have not read any convincing reports that make me believe the gold gun can be used to successfully find buried metal.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Ok thanks J_Player.
THats very clear.
So, what kind of transmiter we must uso to work with gold gun?
Could an AM VLF trnsmitter do the job?
Thanks
Nelson
Hi Nelson.
A simple oscillator which produces a sine wave can be connected to a loop.
No modulation is needed. A pair of transistors are capable of producing a wave form close enough to a sine wave for this purpose.
You don't need more than 50mw power to cover a large treasure hunting area.
The loop can be small like a metal detector, or large - maybe 1 meter diameter or more.
You can even make a large loop of cable that you lay on the ground like geologists do with their VLF transmitters.
My preference would probably be a 1 meter loop that I can set to the side of the treasure hunting field.
If I did not get good results, then maybe I would lay a 100 meter diameter cable on the ground and connect the ends to the oscillator.

Set the transmitter to your favorite VLF frequency.
This can be anywhere between 5KHz to 150KHz.
You will see that lower frequencies can penetrate deeper into the ground.
(5 KHz has been used to send communications signals more than 50 meters below the surface).
The problem with lower VLF frequencies is they are not as good for pinpointing a location as higher frequencies.
This is why we hear people using frequencies between 60 and 120 KHz - because it can locate small anomalies more precisely than lower frequencies can.
The higher frequencies do not penetrate as well into the ground, but at 120 HKz you can expect to penetrate at least 2 meters in most soil.
This is probably a good range of depth where you will want to find most of your treasures.
At 50-60 KHz you should find nearly double this amount of ground penetration.
Just remember that wet and conductive ground does not allow RF to penetrate as well as dry and non-conductive ground.

Also, keep in mind that after you choose your favorite frequency, you must calibrate the gold gun to the same frequency as the transmitter.
The gold gun must be able to receive the transmitter signal before it can tell you what direction the transmitter anomalies are coming from.
You may want to use very stable capacitors in your transmitter oscillator and receiver circuits in order to keep the frequencies stable.
If you have trouble keeping tuned to the correct frequency, you could add a trimmer capacitor in the gold gun to make tuning adjustments while you are treasure hunting.

Finally, do not be disappointed if you find the gold gun does not help you to locate buried metal.
This is what most people reported who tried it.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM

hi dear j player AND jack
i have a question
what is the number of 16 pins ic JACK posted UP THER? (signal generator)
please put schematic with number of ic you use in circuit or any ic like that

Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by external9 View Post
hi dear j player AND jack
i have a question
what is the number of 16 pins ic JACK posted UP THER? (signal generator)
please put schematic with number of ic you use in circuit or any ic like that

Hi
This schematic drawing by me, few years ago
Please see analytical infos and value for this stage.
regards
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREAS View Post
Hi
This schematic drawing by me, few years ago
Please see analytical infos and value for this stage.
regards
Hi Andreas you have testing this shematic for LRL ? and it work for detecting Gold in ground depth?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Hi Andreas you have testing this shematic for LRL ? and it work for detecting Gold in ground depth?
I draw this schematic and build a prototype for two-box high power detector. Never use this circuit for LRL
REGARDS
Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Thank you for answering andreas
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREAS View Post
I draw this schematic and build a prototype for two-box high power detector. Never use this circuit for LRL
REGARDS
Thanks Andreas I believe
check your email
Best time
Nicolas
Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM

Hello Andreas!
It's nice to see you again on the forum.
Can you show us a video or photo of your prototype, that is high power Two Box detectors?
Thanks in advance!
All the best!
Sneshko