LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Guru

Hi Okantex

I search for Leningrad 7 in the web. There are models Leningrad 1 to Leningrad 10. Leningrad 7 uses selenium as light sensor, maybe this is not very precisse in order to measure quantity of light near IR radiation, but the most important in this case is the sensibility.

But if you wish detect IR radiation from the soil, you can solve the problem with IR receiver module for remote control TV. This is into a small metalic box. I experiment with it and promises very much. You must insert into a obscure tube, no black, because this bright. Better is darken internal paint into the tube.
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Esteban-pyroelectric detector

Esteban,

I finally found the supplier of an inexpensive pyroelectric sensor and fresnal lens. Goto: http://www.glolab.com and check out the specs on the PIR325 and FL65. Each item is $4.ooUSD plus shipping and there is a really nice applications manual for the PIR that you can print out.

Could you email me your email address? r.seden@sbcglobal.net

Randy
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Hi Randy

I could not open the link you give as

"
AM
Seden vbmenu_register("postmenu_47838", true);

Gold vs Silver IR Spectrum
Esteban,

I was looking on http://64.143.63.33/pdf/coatings.pdf
and on pg. 5 they show the spectrum Graphs for Gold and Silver and radically different. Gold is at 95% at 900nm and 98% at 10um whilst silver is 95% flatline from 600um to 2.0mm. You can buy a inexpensive Far Infrared bolometer that covers 8-12um which is around what 80 to 90 degrees farinheit? I have one at home that I bought from J.P. Marlin mail order (type in google) for $3.50 I believe. It's been several years and there's also a company that has a kit that enhances that bolometer. If I can find it at home I'll post it. It's fun device to play with and so easy to use with a minimum of parts.

do you have it in your archive.
I would like to read it all.can you help me.
I can sent my mail through PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Default attached

find the attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Coatings.pdf (80.5 KB, 789 views)
Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 PM

thanks mosha
Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
OK, Randy, thanks very much.

Found a paper for detection at THz region. See the tip in contact with the positive electrode of photoconductive THz emitter based on GaAs, this is base of simple IR leds. Coincidence?
Hello
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Guru

Default Hello TH´s , I´m new here,and try to find how this work.

Quote:
OK, Randy, thanks very much.

Found a paper for detection at THz region. See the tip in contact with the positive electrode of photoconductive THz emitter based on GaAs, this is base of simple IR leds. Coincidence?
I have a new Mineoro LRL,and i want to talk about my experience with this machine.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I have a new Mineoro LRL,and i want to talk about my experience with this machine.
Please go ahead ... and be honest in your opinion of the Mineoro.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Guru

Default Test with Mineoro DC 2008

With my respect to Mr.Damasio the inventor...
This test was made in a field where was buried 20 years ago a GOLD medal to test performance of TR/IB metal detectors...
Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Guru

Default Testing DC2008 Mineoro

Before some people in Geotech Forum think or decide to buy any kind of LRL device,remember there is a place on this planet where there is GOLD buried some years ago,NOT TOUCHED FOR TWO DECADES!!!
I can´t say Mneoro not work,i only want to tell to Forum my experience with this device,and the results of more than a year of searching with this LRL...
Finaly i get my conclusions about DC2008,and decide to tell the performance of this expensive LRL.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Guru

Default Testing DC2008 Mineoro

I was in Garopaba,very nice and peacefull place
For me its the new Tortuga,all pirates go there...To get the magic device to find the GOLD!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Guru

Default The new Tortuga (Garopaba)

When i was there,i know that people from Greece,Iran,and other countries go there to buy a Mineoro...Some of them are not rich and save money to buy a tool,not a toy.
Mr.Damasio is a very busy and inteligent man. I saw the factory,where they make many devices not only for TH.All this Mineoro people looks very serious and work hard.I test the mineoro in a special place near the factory.
But anyway there is something strange...In Tortuga,Garopaba field test for Mineoro...
Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Guru

Default Garopaba field test

Tests in Garopaba was made near the Mineoro factory. I get clear signals on yelow PLASTIC marks were is suposed to have gold buried long time ago. If i touch several times this plastic marks i get more distance with mineoro ...
Old 11-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Guru

Default Garopaba field test

The field test its near Mineoro factory.
I get clear signals 1-2 m distance,were is suposed to have gold buried long time ago. Over this buried objects they put marks,yelow plastic covers.
I get impressed with Mineoro LRL in factory field test,but...
Old 11-25-2007, 01:33 AM
Guru

Default Testing LRL in new Tortuga

Yes,but if i touch several times this plastic covers i get more distance with Mineoro,because of the extra charge on this plastic covers over objects...
Mr.Damasio dont like this disturbs i make on field test,sorry for this litlle experience.
If i charge a plastic item with static,i can detect this small plastic 2 meters distance. But i´m searching for gold not plastic...
Mineoro its very sensitive to static electrycity,what about real gold buried long time ago? I can answer this question.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Guru

Default Testing Mineoro DC2008 -GOLD medal buried 20 years ago!

The Mineoro device DC2008 was tested in this field many times during the year(where there is real gold buried long time ago,to test normal detectors),in most of weather conditions,unfortunly NO SIGNAL.
Other mineoro two box 08 MI,no signal,no metter movment over gold medal,but clear metter movment over 1kg coins buried at 60cm,with my withes TM808 two box i cant get this target,because ground mineralization.
Now i talk about DC2008 performance on beach...
Old 11-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Guru

Default Testing DC2008 on beach

On the beach,maybe because salt water near or diferent ground condition i confirme this device become nervous in the presence of conductive metals ,not only gold,he starts beeping everywere ,become nervous machine,but unfortunly during this year i never get a clear signal like in Garopaba field test,and to find this targets on the beach i allways need nomal METAL DETECTOR...
Old 11-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Guru

Default My conclusion

I´m sorry if i disapoint some members,but its the true about my DC2008,a broken dream...It seams to work but not as i aspect
In reality it detects GOLD with clear signal,large coin 20cm,jar full with silver coins 50cm,this is the on air test,small iron reject,big iron detect...Work like a weak metal detector on air tests...
Old 11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
The Mineoro device DC2008 was tested in this field many times during the year(where there is real gold buried long time ago,to test normal detectors),in most of weather conditions,unfortunly NO SIGNAL.
Other mineoro two box 08 MI,no signal,no metter movment over gold medal,but clear metter movment over 1kg coins buried at 60cm,with my withes TM808 two box i cant get this target,because ground mineralization.
Now i talk about DC2008 performance on beach...
Sparzed coins are very different... Yes, is important that a 2 boxes can catch sparzed coins...
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Yes,but if i touch several times this plastic covers i get more distance with Mineoro,because of the extra charge on this plastic covers over objects...
Mr.Damasio dont like this disturbs i make on field test,sorry for this litlle experience.
If i charge a plastic item with static,i can detect this small plastic 2 meters distance. But i´m searching for gold not plastic...
Mineoro its very sensitive to static electrycity,what about real gold buried long time ago? I can answer this question.
You're completely mistaken on your statement above. You are actually detecting the gold object buried there not static electricity from this distance.
I was at Mineoro two years ago and also made my tests as you did. By that time the ionic fields were awfully low and weak. Even touching the covers I could only get a beep with my PDC from two inches away for THAT SPECIFIC target. From about 30 feet away I could get beeps as the ionic fields of all of those several buried objects summed.
You were lucky to get beeps from 2 meters away for a test target. Those targets are real as the objects are there for more than 100 years as that place used to be a spot for 'vaquejada' an old rodeo like type party.

What you trully missed was the opportunity to make them dig the object to give you as a gift as proof to yourself. I knew of an european who asked that and he took home a real old gold ring he detected.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Sparzed coins are very different... Yes, is important that a 2 boxes can catch sparzed coins...
Hey Esteban, the 08MI is an extraordinary machine. Too bad I had to sell it 2 years ago to get a PDC. But now money is no problem.
But I don't want to buy the new ones. I love the old models with the red or blue circuit boxes. I always check the brazilian ebay to see if there's one for sale...
Old 11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Thank you Morgan for your honest report on the Mineoro.
As you said, its "a broken dream".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan
To Carl - The test that Morgan did with a small plastic item charged with static electricity would be an interesting experiment for your FG80.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
You're completely mistaken on your statement above. You are actually detecting the gold object buried there not static electricity from this distance.
I was at Mineoro two years ago and also made my tests as you did. By that time the ionic fields were awfully low and weak. Even touching the covers I could only get a beep with my PDC from two inches away for THAT SPECIFIC target. From about 30 feet away I could get beeps as the ionic fields of all of those several buried objects summed.
You were lucky to get beeps from 2 meters away for a test target. Those targets are real as the objects are there for more than 100 years as that place used to be a spot for 'vaquejada' an old rodeo like type party.

What you trully missed was the opportunity to make them dig the object to give you as a gift as proof to yourself. I knew of an european who asked that and he took home a real old gold ring he detected.

Another tall tale from Hans Christian Hung.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Guru

Quote:
Other mineoro two box 08 MI,no signal,no metter movment over gold medal
You did not set it right. There's a VU and a calibration for small objects.

A friend of mine has a MP10 2 box and I witnessed him detecting a small gold ring which as about 60 cm deep just looking at the VU for small objects activity.

Although the the MP10 is Mineoro's top of line 2box, the 08MI should work just as well for this.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post

Another tall tale from Hans Christian Hung.
Another pyrotechnics of KIAOZZY OSBOURNE...

:lol :

Sorry qhia, have much to do other than playing nonsenses here with you.