LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 PM

Congratulations, with who I go to purchase the book mentioned? There is a link on the Internet? I want to be dedicated by / authors. My full name is Jose Antonio Agraz Sandoval, Thank you.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraz View Post
Congratulations, with who I go to purchase the book mentioned? There is a link on the Internet? I want to be dedicated by / authors. My full name is Jose Antonio Agraz Sandoval, Thank you.
This book is secret. The people who sell it do not want you to know where you can buy it.
But if you really want to buy this book, you can go here to get it: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/conte...metal-detector

Abrazos,
Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
This book is secret.
Actually, it's not meant to be a secret. I will add a link in the LRL forum later today to make it easier to find.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/conte...metal-detector
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 AM

hello, thank you, I hope to open a PayPal account, while I put your add in the forum of my country, I hope you do not bother, for the secret ...

http://www.buscadores-tesoros.com/t1...-ingles#126009
Old 10-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
hello, thank you, I hope to open a PayPal account, while I put your add in the forum of my country, I hope you do not bother, for the secret ...

http://www.buscadores-tesoros.com/t1...-ingles#126009
Thanks.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Guru

Default For Carl and Qiaozhi.

Hi.
At page 213 of your book you write that the Mineoro FG80 is tuned around to 433Mhz.
It is not right, the frequency that it is tuned is around to 100Khz.
So you can edit it at a new version....

Regards
Old 10-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi.
At page 213 of your book you write that the Mineoro FG80 is tuned around to 433Mhz.
It is not right, the frequency that it is tuned is around to 100Khz.
So you can edit it at a new version....

Regards
Hi Geo,

Carl owns a Mineoro FG80, and he found in testing that it was tuned to around 433MHz. Is it possible that there is some variation between models?

I will leave it to Carl to comment on this one.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Hi Geo,

Carl owns a Mineoro FG80, and he found in testing that it was tuned to around 433MHz. Is it possible that there is some variation between models?

Jeezz... Not even the frequency this poor fella got right. Imagine what's in the rest of his 'book' about it.
Amusing.

Y'all have a nice weekend. I certainly will.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Geo,

Last month i opened 2 Mineoro for repair and i measured the frequency. They was one DC2008 and one FG80. Both has the same pcbs and exactly the same components except that the FG80 has one IR led at the front side. Also they are tuned at different frequence, one at 133Khz and the other near to 100Khz.
Maybe Carl remember from older models who had an transmitter at 433Mhz for the wireless headphones.
Regards
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Jeezz... Not even the frequency this poor fella got right. Imagine what's in the rest of his 'book' about it.
Amusing.
Perhaps you should have waited for Geo's reply before jumping in with both feet.

Quote:
Last month i opened 2 Mineoro for repair and i measured the frequency. They was one DC2008 and one FG80. Both has the same pcbs and exactly the same components except that the FG80 has one IR led at the front side. Also they are tuned at different frequence, one at 133Khz and the other near to 100Khz.
Maybe Carl remember from older models who had an transmitter at 433Mhz for the wireless headphones.
Regards
Thanks Geo. I seem to remember Carl telling me that he was able to trigger the Mineoro FG80 with his garage door opener.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Congratulations Carl and Qiaozhi!
The book is amazing!
It's a invaluable source of good information!
Also, I'm sure most people here will like the chapter 13!

Silvino.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvino View Post
Congratulations Carl and Qiaozhi!
The book is amazing!
It's a invaluable source of good information!
Also, I'm sure most people here will like the chapter 13!

Silvino.
Actually, I'm surprised more people here are not interested in Chapter 14.
All except Hung, that is ... as he's not allowed to have a copy, just in case he might learn something.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Perhaps you should have waited for Geo's reply before jumping in with both feet.

Thanks Geo. I seem to remember Carl telling me that he was able to trigger the Mineoro FG80 with his garage door opener.
I remember reading several times in treasurenet forums where Carl and others were able to trigger Mineoro locators with garage door openers, amongst other electronic transmitting devices.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...ml#post1029526
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/te...ml#post1122616
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/mi...ml#post1036219

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Today I received my copy of "Inside The Metal Detector" by George & Carl.
From England to Serbia traveled 12 days. Eh! Post, post ...
For me as a beginner in electronics - the book is excellent.
However, professionals may find it interesting detail.
George and Carl did a great job. Congratulations!
Of course, I will first try to close The TOTem PD.
Qiaoshi & Carl thanks for this very interesting book!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneshko View Post
Regards!
Sneshko
I'm pleased it arrived safely.
Enjoy!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM

nice book
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneshko View Post
Regards!
Sneshko

I saw the TOTeM PD project,seems good electric field locator 65 to 75 KHz, i´m surprized that someone said it can locate the 1,5V spark at 3 meters .
Maybe better than PDK ???
When i have time i go to build the TOTeM. i will make the field test ,see the results,and post here.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I saw the TOTeM PD project,seems good electric field locator 65 to 75 KHz, i´m surprized that someone said it can locate the 1,5V spark at 3 meters .
When i have time i go to build the TOTeM. i will make the field test ,see the results,and post here.
The shape of the TOTem is realy like a indian TOTEM,but the important is the field test.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Morgan.
From what i saw about the spark test i believe that it is important the distance who detects the battery spark but not nessesary. How importand but not nessesary??? very simple at some lrls needing the spark and at other not. Your opinion???
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
The shape of the TOTem is realy like a indian TOTEM,but the important is the field test.
Like the PDK, TOTeM can detect the spark from several meters away, and a TV (with a CRT) from 6 meters. It has both passive and active modes of detection, and can act as a metal detector pinpointer. It also rejects ferrous targets. There is an audio beeper (that can be switched off), LEDs for a visual indication of a target, and a meter to show the signal strength Basically, it's an experimental LRL platform that allows you to test the various modes used by other LRLs. The enclosure is somewhat taller than most LRLs, due to the unique balancing method used for the ferrite coil. This method makes it much easier to achieve a good balance point.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Morgan.
From what i saw about the spark test i believe that it is important the distance who detects the battery spark but not nessesary. How importand but not nessesary??? very simple at some lrls needing the spark and at other not. Your opinion???
I have already stated a few times that the distance of detection of a spark is not directly related to the distance of detection of gold when employing ionic/electric field detectors such as the several versions of PDs, Mineoros, etc.

Just because a particular device can detect a battery spark from 30 meters, does not mean that it will detect long time buried gold at 30 meters.
It means that the device detects a battery spark at 30 meters. Just that.

The FG90 detects a battery spark from 35 cm. But a tiny small long time buried gold sample from 3-5 meters. The PDC210 can detect the same 1.5 V battery spark from 1.8m. But cannot detect the same tiny gold sample from 3-5m.
It's a matter of correct frequency and some CRITICAL elements that are featured in the signal and that makes the relevance of the 'DNA' for gold.

This is how we say in Brazil... the 'cat's jump'.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
I have already stated a few times that the distance of detection of a spark is not directly related to the distance of detection of gold when employing ionic/electric field detectors such as the several versions of PDs, Mineoros, etc.

Just because a particular device can detect a battery spark from 30 meters, does not mean that it will detect long time buried gold at 30 meters.
It means that the device detects a battery spark at 30 meters. Just that.

The FG90 detects a battery spark from 35 cm. But a tiny small long time buried gold sample from 3-5 meters. The PDC210 can detect the same 1.5 V battery spark from 1.8m. But cannot detect the same tiny gold sample from 3-5m.
It's a matter of correct frequency and some CRITICAL elements that are featured in the signal and that makes the relevance of the 'DNA' for gold.

This is how we say in Brazil... the 'cat's jump'.

Hi Hung.
I believe that you know that we don't locate every time the same """field""". The signal from long time buried objects is not always the same. So some times we need lrl that detects the sparks and other times we need other types lrls.
For example when trying to obtain the energy emitted from the gold when it releases electrons from the outer shell. This was the reason that Esteban says that it is better to construct a double in one detector.

Regards
Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Like the PDK, TOTeM can detect the spark from several meters away, and a TV (with a CRT) from 6 meters. It has both passive and active modes of detection, and can act as a metal detector pinpointer. It also rejects ferrous targets. There is an audio beeper (that can be switched off), LEDs for a visual indication of a target, and a meter to show the signal strength Basically, it's an experimental LRL platform that allows you to test the various modes used by other LRLs. The enclosure is somewhat taller than most LRLs, due to the unique balancing method used for the ferrite coil. This method makes it much easier to achieve a good balance point.
Hi Qiaozhi.
Why you did not use a rotated switch with only one potentiometer and without on-off switches???

Regards
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi Qiaozhi.
Why you did not use a rotated switch with only one potentiometer and without on-off switches???

Regards
Because the potentiometers are 10-turn precision types, and these are not available with an on-off switch. But, even if they were, it would be extremely annoying to have to turn the control knob through several rotations to find the threshold every time you switched on the device. With the design as it is, the TOTeM can be switched off, and both the LONG RANGE and SHORT / MEDIUM RANGE thresholds can be left in their current positions.

There is some method in my madness.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Guru (Administrator)

The prototype TOTeM unit did not have any writing on the control panel, but the book shows the purpose of each control, as shown below:
Attached Images