LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 AM

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Ok,i will inform you if Yuri agree with this TH´s meeting.
All right. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I was informed that the VHF ANALOG TV transmittions finish in Greece three weeks ago. Maybe you not know yet but the PDK-2 is working using VHF electromagnetic waves that activate the underground metals,this way is possible to locate the objects very far,one coin 10 meters,one treasure 80 meters.The PDK-2 is RECEIVER.
Without VHF waves the PDK only give sparzed signals in the area of buried objects and it will be extremly dificult to PINPOINT them.
Actualy I made a few tests with small portatil VHF trasmitter but the results not satisfy me,it realy need the strong power of the old local VHF TV transmitter working in 175 to 220 MHz. The VHF ANALOG transmittions stop in my country at 24/April/2012.
The modern DIGITAL UHF transmitters working at 842 MHz not good.
Now i´m working on modifications in PDK-2 , i think is possible to make it much more powerful in the way to locate very easy the Gold/Silver without the need of VHF or RF waves from transmitters.
to Morgan
propably you need something like this:
TV VHF LINEAR AMPLIFIER 10 W IN CLASS AB
http://www.electronicstudio.net/pdf/AMP-10VHF.pdf
friendly , epitopios
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitopios View Post
to Morgan
propably you need something like this:
TV VHF LINEAR AMPLIFIER 10 W IN CLASS AB
http://www.electronicstudio.net/pdf/AMP-10VHF.pdf
friendly , epitopios
Thanks

but better if working with no VHF waves,anyway i think you are right.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM

to Morgan
a TV Transmitter in VHF band somewhat between 50 – 210MHz.
http://tmnasik.blogspot.gr/2012/07/t...r-circuit.html

with:
1 watt C-class RF amplifier for 200 Mhz
http://www.newcircuits.com/circuit.php?id=rfr001

..or even better , TV RF Amplifiers at:
http://www.electronicstudio.net/rf-amplifier.html
have a look at RF AMPLIFIER 7 W UHF MITSUBISHI ASSEMBLED 220 MHz
TV AM transmitters 220 MHz Price: $ 38.00 !!!

and of course if you need an atenna for 200-220 Mhz
http://jplarc.ampr.org/calling/1978/apr/apr78.html

friendly , epitopios

Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Guru

Default VHF quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitopios View Post
to Morgan
a TV Transmitter in VHF band somewhat between 50 – 210MHz.
http://tmnasik.blogspot.gr/2012/07/t...r-circuit.html

with:
1 watt C-class RF amplifier for 200 Mhz
http://www.newcircuits.com/circuit.php?id=rfr001

..or even better , TV RF Amplifiers at:
http://www.electronicstudio.net/rf-amplifier.html
have a look at RF AMPLIFIER 7 W UHF MITSUBISHI ASSEMBLED 220 MHz
TV AM transmitters 220 MHz Price: $ 38.00 !!!

and of course if you need an atenna for 200-220 Mhz
http://jplarc.ampr.org/calling/1978/apr/apr78.html

friendly , epitopios

Thanks

but i think only the BIG VHF transmitters from local TV can produce the efect that we want for LRL PDK and others,i already try two VHF same like you present here,but no diference in LRL detection distance.
There is also the possibility that the local VHF transmitters make the desired efect only after a few months or years ofcontinous working,waves process,maybe is not imediatly...
I stay one VHF transmitter working with a 12V car battery,for one week,but no results...
I think this VHF waves question is not for our generation,is complicated thing.

Regards
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Guru

Quote:

There is also the possibility that the local VHF transmitters make the desired efect only after a few months or years of continous working,waves process,maybe is not imediatly...
Hi Morgan

It is distance of transmitter that take effect (so called transmitted wave polarisation) and not time of TX working. In this case also terrain configuration is of a significant impact.

You can reach this effect in two way: by changing distance (if transmitter is in range of 0.5W of transmitting power) or by changing antenna polarisation (eg antenna rotating) in case of very weak transmitter (in range of couple mW of transmitting power).

You can use sweeped TX frequency on relative weak transmitter also (100mW or so), to get similar effect.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Hi Morgan

It is distance of transmitter that take effect (so called transmitted wave polarisation) and not time of TX working. In this case also terrain configuration is of a significant impact.

You can reach this effect in two way: by changing distance (if transmitter is in range of 0.5W of transmitting power) or by changing antenna polarisation (eg antenna rotating) in case of very weak transmitter (in range of couple mW of transmitting power).

You can use sweeped TX frequency on relative weak transmitter also (100mW or so), to get similar effect.
Hi WM6.
I did it without results

Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Morgan

When you are walking on the ground to receive a signal from a distant VHF transmitter, the polarization will be determined by the ground plane.
However, there may be a solution to this problem.... have you considered using the pyramidal logarithmic quadro spiral antenna? These antennas are immune to any ground-induced polarization.

See here: http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...4&postcount=48

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 AM

Hi Morgan
I Have the Last TV national channel analog transmission (07 VHF ) in my area before they change (2013)
its at 7 channel with enough ΚW power for many years now
and also from this Mountain they have 2 Radio stations at 88- 92 FM
The whole reason is that nearby this mountain there is an old treasure from 2WW
I try to make this schematic to coordinate at 7 channel
I want your opinion , is it possible to achieve the effect we're looking for ?
have a look at the schematic

http://i.imgur.com/gMSVD.jpg

if it can work at 180 - 220 Mhz as a receiver ???
friendly , epitopios
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post

.... have you considered using the pyramidal logarithmic quadro spiral antenna?

Best Wishes,
J_P
Yes, I even made some improvement in wires colour. I change wire supplier to Illuminati.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Guru

Quote:
Yes, I even made some improvement in wires colour. I change wire supplier to Illuminati.
On a more serious note, for experimenters who are actually broadcasting VHF signals in their treasure hunting area, I have noticed many of them use a 1/4 wave whip antenna
(This is the kind that is a simple telescoping aerial).
This kind of antenna may not be the best to use when you are interested in broadcasting RF to simulate what you receive from a distant studio transmitter.
The simple aerial antenna will have vertical polarization if it is held upright.
But the signal is broadcast in omnidirectional strength in all directions, which means most of the signal is wasted by being sent some other direction than where you are treasure hunting. Also, what you say is true about distance. If your transmitter is within rock-throwing distance, then you will probably sending RF which behaves as near-field waves, rather than the waves that come from a distant studio transmitter.

There are several things an experimenter can do to more closely approximate the RF that comes from a transmitter.
Here are some things I would do if I wanted to simulate an analog TV VHF broadcast from a distant station:

1. First measure the signal strength of an existing analog VHF station.
You can use a meter, or if you don't have the proper equipment, you could use an old TV, and shorten the antenna until you see the signal is getting bad.
Then you will have a way to know what relative strength the signal is for an existing VHF broadcast that you want to imitate.
Later (after you build your new transmitter), you can check with your meter or with the old TV to see if the new signal is the same strength as the previous TV station was.
You can adjust the signal strength of your new transmitter by moving it at different distances from where you want to hunt for treasure, or you can adjust the gain of the power transistor by adjusting the resistors surrounding it.

2. Do not use a simple aerial antenna. Use a dipole.
A yagi antenna is an excellent choice.
You should make the dipole antenna set to the correct length for the frequency that you are transmitting.
There are many online calculators that can show you how to set up a yagi antenna for whatever frequency you are using.
The advantage of the yagi antenna or similar designs is it will focus the RF so most of it goes forward of the antenna.
A yagi antenna will send a strong signal in a 60 degree path to the front of the antenna, but will only lose a small amount of RF to the sides and back of the antenna.
The RF beam will be MUCH stronger, which will allow you to move the transmitter and antenna much farther away from the search area in order to get the desired signal strength.
The difference between a simple aerial and a yagi antenna is much the same as the difference between connecting a light bulb to a battery in the night, or using the same battery and light bulb in a flashlight that focuses the light into a beam.
An aerial will work like the simple light which makes a dim light in all directions, while the yagi antenna will send out a beam that is focused to a 60 degree angle.
Another good feature of yagi antennas is the polarization can easily be changed by rotating it so that instead of having the antenna "arms" at the sides, you can turn them to be in the up and down position, while the front of the antenna is still pointing toward the treasure hunting area. The idea is to move the transmitter as far away from the treasure searching area, and to still have the same signal strength as the old TV station sent. The distance is necessary move out of the near-field wave effects. With any luck, you may be able to simulate the signal that comes from a distant TV transmitter.

3. Connect a TV camera to the transmitter and connect the sound.
With no video camera connected to the transmitter, you will be sending only a carrier wave, with no TV picture or sound signals.
Why does this matter?
It matters because the TV picture and sound add a lot of new frequencies to be modulated in the carrier, which include everything from audio frequencies up to nearly the carrier frequency that your transmitter is set to. There is both AM and FM modulation in most TV transmitter signals that are broadcast from a station. If your new transmitter does not have these same modulated audio and video signals encoded into it, then you have not simulated the old TV station.

Final thought:
I don't think any of this will work to improve the operation of a Morgan-style PD.
But I could be wrong.
If I wanted to find out, then I would do it the way I described above.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Guru

Good explanations and suggestions. As usual from you J_P.

Serious LRL experimenter have to considered this, if step toward some improvement is a goal.

Otherwise a bunch of telescopic antennas on PD's look very spacey.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Guru

There is a new type antenna special for PDs