LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Jack,
What is the reason why you want to change from coil antenna to telescopic antenna?

Best wishes,
J_P
I want to transfer to the ground vlf waves and I identified with the waves gold gun
Old 12-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack View Post
hi wm6
How low frequency transmitter in the ferrite?
It is about properties of ferrite core not transmitter.

Ask your supplier for LF toroid of higher AL value, which are mostly manganese/zinc (MnZnFe{II}) type.

Or better: forget telescopic antenna an build simple and effective coil antenna as on my schematic.

http://www.dz863.com/drawsch_1925.html
Old 12-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post

Ask your supplier for LF toroid of higher AL value, which are mostly manganese/zinc (MnZnFe{II}) type.

Or better: forget telescopic antenna an build simple and effective coil antenna as on my schematic.

A transmitter circuit that put the output of IC 4060 produces very low frequency.Section shown in the picture and it only reinforces the output frequency of the rf frequency makes.
Wrapping wire on a ferrite high frequency is generated from the IC?
Or raise it?
I want to use the telescopic antenna.
In your opinion is the efficient use of telescopic antenna?Or use the antenna coil?
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:

i have another question for, you in your plan were we connect the generator?
also the antenna were you have in your plan it is for air transmit,
if we like to have both air and ground what we do?
Thank you.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionios View Post

Nothing special, cause VLF wave penetrate very deep in ground also (without ground plane part of antenna).

You need to place your transmitter with coil antenna in air near to soil surface of about 10 meters or more from detecting place.

For better detecting you can try from different positions and different orientation of coil antenna in air (vertical, horizontal, in detecting direction, etc.).
Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Guru

Quote:
i have another question for, you in your plan were we connect the generator?
also the antenna were you have in your plan it is for air transmit,
Thank you.
portable VLF transmitters and receivers almost always use coil type antennas because they are more efficient than telescoping antennas. The coil type is also much more directional.
The portable telescoping antenna works poorly at VLF frequencies. The telescoping antennas are usually reserved for higher frequencies than the 30 KHz that you want to broadcast.
VLF at 30KHz will broadcast easily into the air, and will also penetrate from the air into the ground at least 10 meters deep depending on the soil. If the soil is not conductive, then it can penetrate deeper. When you make the frequency lower, then the same power of VLF will penetrate into the ground deeper. I would not be surprised if you sent signals to 50 meters using 12 KHz, but it depends on the soil conductivity and how much power you are broadcasting.
Geologists set up their portable transmitters on the ground, then they usually put a cable on the ground in a single loop that can be more than 1Km diameter to make a circle around the place where they want to locate and measure anomalies under the ground.
They want to make a very even vertical VLF magnetic field that they can walk through the interior of, and measure the variations of the field strength with their receivers.
They can detect rock formations and mineral deposits or ores and metals or tanks under the ground up to 50 meters deep, and sometimes deeper.

I think you will find that WM6 is very expert for building transmitting equipment.
And I believe WM6 is correct that you will be wise to experiment with different kinds of transmitting and receiving antenna coils.
You will find that the coils he recommends will always work better than a telescoping antenna for VLF frequencies.
You will see there is no need to put parts of the antenna under the ground to penetrate deep.
The problem will be to locate metal things that are small.
I think it will take much experimenting before you will find a good combination of transmitter and receiver to be able to detect metal things under the ground that are small enough for you to carry in your hand.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Guru

Thanks J_P, for good explanation.

One remark: I intentionally did not gave high output power transmitter solutions to stay inside authorities regulations limits regarding EMI disturbances in RF spectrum.

At the same time, using low power TX, we can, with proper designed RX, and under proper circumstances, even sense changes in wave polarisation on short distances, which is very important to distinguish between different source and direction of received wave mess. With even slight higher power this is not possible to achieve at short distances.

RX problems and solutions we will discuss once in next year.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
Thanks J_P, for good explanation.

One remark: I intentionally did not gave high output power transmitter solutions to stay inside authorities regulations limits regarding EMI disturbances in RF spectrum.

At the same time, using low power TX, we can, with proper designed RX, and under proper circumstances, even sense changes in wave polarisation on short distances, which is very important to distinguish between different source and direction of received wave mess. With even slight higher power this is not possible to achieve at short distances.

RX problems and solutions we will discuss once in next year.
It is important to understand that high power is not necessary to make VLF penetrate deep into the ground.
The geologists are using low power portable transmitters to measure maybe more than 40 meters deep into the ground.
They use less power than the limit for most countries.
Most people do not bury treasures 40 meters deep. Most treasures are less than 2-3 meters deep.
It is easy to penetrate to 2-3 meters with very low power VLF.
Most people who experiment with LRLs are using less power than a metal detector will use at similar VLF frequencies.

I read where many LRL experimenters say that too much power will destroy their detection.
In the case of Mineoro, the reports from the factory and users close to the factory say that if you put the power from moving a metal detector coil over a buried treasure site, you will destroy the detection for that treasure for several days.
Then you must wait a few days until the signal will return before you can locate the treasure.

The biggest problem with illegally transmitting high power VLF is you could be interfering with the submarine communication signals from large countries like Russia, USA, Canada, and many others around the world. If these countries have problems from interference, then they will find your location by using their radio direction locators.
Then they will complain to the state department for your country.
Then there is a very good chance some government officials will come to your home to confiscate your equipment and impose fines and imprisonment to you.

You must remember, these VLF signals can travel very long distances with not much power, and they can penetrate the ground and ocean water very easily.
Especially the lower frequencies. This is why submarines use VLF for secret communications.
Russia is known to operate VLF transmitters which change to different un-published frequencies without announcing when they change frequencies.
I would not want to be broadcasting a high power VLF signal that interferes with their secret military communications.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Thank you for the explains,
I check throw the internet about
The MAX4366 it is very difficult to found it.
Do you know were we can get it?
Thank you.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
Thank you for the explains,
I check throw the internet about
The MAX4366 it is very difficult to found it.
Do you know were we can get it?
Thank you.
You can use MAX4367 or MAX4368 as well - or look at simple and cheap VLF TX solution with NE555 in another topic.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 PM

dear wm6 and j-p
Thank you for the details.We have an overall conclusion

1- is the best antenna for vlf transmitting wave antenna coil?
2-Vlf transmitter with either a project or plan that is in my wm6 would be the metals can be detected in the ground?

3-Vlf waves from the transmitter of the device performance is the gold gun?
4-The best way to set the transmitter and the device is goldgun together how?
5-Vlf transmitter can detect small metal coins such as the use of the Remote?
6-The transmitter signals the detection of metals are what distance?
7-When the antenna coil is used to transfer the signal wire to ground or not?
with respect
jack
Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
dear wm6 and j-p
Thank you for the details.We have an overall conclusion

2-Vlf transmitter with either a project or plan that is in my wm6 would be the metals can be detected in the ground?

with respect
jack
For small portable VLF transmitters, coil is most efficient.
I have never seen a portable VLF transmitter use any kind of antenna except a coil antenna.
Telescoping antenna cannot send out the strength of VLF waves that a coil can send.
A VLF transmitter does not detect any metals in the ground.
The VLF transmitter only makes VLF waves for a receiver to tune to.
The receiver must find the location of things under the ground.
The VLF transmitter must send out VLF waves that are strong enough for the VLF receiver to receive from the distance in your treasure hunting field.
This amount of transmitter power is low power for less than 1Km distances.
VLF waves are not transmitted from the gold gun.
The gold gun is only a receiver which is designed to receive VLF waves from a separate transmitter.
The transmitter is sometimes located hundreds of Km distance from the gold gun.
The military transmitter in the USA is one of the transmitters that the gold gun was designed to listen for.
But the transmitters are no longer sending VLF signals.
When the transmitters stopped making VLF broadcasts, the gold gun company began to sell a small portable VLF transmitter to put near the place where people want to hunt for treasure using their gold gun.
But the gold gun company is no longer selling gold guns or transmitters.
This is the reason why it is good to build a small transmitter and put it somewhere near where you will hunt for treasure.
The gold gun needs to find a VLF wave from a transmitter to receive.

For the gold gun, the transmitter is set at the side of the place where you want to hunt for treasure.
You want the transmitter to have enough distance from your hunting area so you will find an even amount of VLF in the different parts of the hunting area.
You do not want to move the gold gun very close to the transmitter because it will receive a signal that is too strong when you are close to the transmitter.
For me, I would put the transmitter outside the area that I would hunt for treasure, and I would put the loop so it will be sending the VLF horizontal.
Then I would adjust the position of the loop so it will send the wave 10 degrees down from horizontal so I will know the waves are being sent to the ground.
Then I will go to the opposite side of the hunting area to use the receiver pointed to the direction of the transmitter on the other side.
From this point I would walk and scan back and forth different directions to see if the gold gun finds a direction where the signal becomes very weak.
If I find a direction with a very weak signal, then I will move 20 meters to the side to see where the weak direction crosses the previous weak direction.
Then I would repeat from 2 or 3 more locations to see If I can locate the center of the place where the weak signal is found.
But I have never used a gold gun to find treasure, so I do not know if this is the best way.
You must make your own experiments to find what method works best for you.
VLF transmitter does not detect anything.
VLF transmitter sends out VLF frequency for receiver to detect.
The VLF receiver will look to find changes of the signal when it is near metal things.
The gold gun is a VLF receiver which is built with special receiver coils put on ferrites to help find the variation of the VLF waves when it is near metal that is small.

The transmitter does not signal the detection of metals ever.
The purpose of the transmitter is to send a very even and smooth VLF signal for the receiver to receive.
Only the receiver detects metal.
The receiver must be designed to be very directional and it must be very sensitive to to the VLF waves that it receives.
The receiver works similar to a small portable AM radio with a battery for power.
If you turn the AM radio receiver different directions you will hear the signal will get stronger and weaker.
The gold gun will also become stronger and weaker when you turn to different directions.
It has ferrite coil antenna inside which is almost the same as inside the AM radio.
But the gold gun has two ferrite antennas to help find the exact direction where treasure is located.
The gold gun circuit is designed to determine the direction where buried metal things are making secondary induced signals from locations under the ground.
The gold gun looks for locations where the signal from the transmitter is no longer smooth, because the buried metal is interfering with the smooth signal.
The transmitter antenna does connect to a wire which is buried in the ground.
The transmitter is a loop coil which is placed in the air or could be placed on the ground if you want to put it there.
Some people lay the VLF coil flat on the ground, and other people put it in the air.
The transmitter sends a VLF signal from the coil into the air or to the ground or to whatever other things are in front of it.
The transmitter VLF waves will travel in the air, then they will move from the air into the ground and into other things that are in the path of the waves.
If there is ground or water in the path of the VLF wave, then the VLF will penetrate into the ground or water.

The transmitter receiver is held similar to a portable battery AM radio with no wires connecting into the ground.
When the gold gun was sold to treasure hunters, there was never a wire to put into the ground.
The wire for the ground is not needed for VLF coil antennas or VLF coil receivers.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
For small portable VLF transmitters, coil is most efficient.
I have never seen a portable VLF transmitter use any kind of antenna except a coil antenna.
Telescoping antenna cannot send out the strength of VLF waves that a coil can send.
A VLF transmitter does not detect any metals in the ground.
The VLF transmitter only makes VLF waves for a receiver to tune to.
The receiver must find the location of things under the ground.
The VLF transmitter must send out VLF waves that are strong enough for the VLF receiver to receive from the distance in your treasure hunting field.
This amount of transmitter power is low power for less than 1Km distances.
VLF waves are not transmitted from the gold gun.
The gold gun is only a receiver which is designed to receive VLF waves from a separate transmitter.
The transmitter is sometimes located hundreds of Km distance from the gold gun.
The military transmitter in the USA is one of the transmitters that the gold gun was designed to listen for.
But the transmitters are no longer sending VLF signals.
When the transmitters stopped making VLF broadcasts, the gold gun company began to sell a small portable VLF transmitter to put near the place where people want to hunt for treasure using their gold gun.
But the gold gun company is no longer selling gold guns or transmitters.
This is the reason why it is good to build a small transmitter and put it somewhere near where you will hunt for treasure.
The gold gun needs to find a VLF wave from a transmitter to receive.

For the gold gun, the transmitter is set at the side of the place where you want to hunt for treasure.
You want the transmitter to have enough distance from your hunting area so you will find an even amount of VLF in the different parts of the hunting area.
You do not want to move the gold gun very close to the transmitter because it will receive a signal that is too strong when you are close to the transmitter.
For me, I would put the transmitter outside the area that I would hunt for treasure, and I would put the loop so it will be sending the VLF horizontal.
Then I would adjust the position of the loop so it will send the wave 10 degrees down from horizontal so I will know the waves are being sent to the ground.
Then I will go to the opposite side of the hunting area to use the receiver pointed to the direction of the transmitter on the other side.
From this point I would walk and scan back and forth different directions to see if the gold gun finds a direction where the signal becomes very weak.
If I find a direction with a very weak signal, then I will move 20 meters to the side to see where the weak direction crosses the previous weak direction.
Then I would repeat from 2 or 3 more locations to see If I can locate the center of the place where the weak signal is found.
But I have never used a gold gun to find treasure, so I do not know if this is the best way.
You must make your own experiments to find what method works best for you.
VLF transmitter does not detect anything.
VLF transmitter sends out VLF frequency for receiver to detect.
The VLF receiver will look to find changes of the signal when it is near metal things.
The gold gun is a VLF receiver which is built with special receiver coils put on ferrites to help find the variation of the VLF waves when it is near metal that is small.

The transmitter does not signal the detection of metals ever.
The purpose of the transmitter is to send a very even and smooth VLF signal for the receiver to receive.
Only the receiver detects metal.
The receiver must be designed to be very directional and it must be very sensitive to to the VLF waves that it receives.
The receiver works similar to a small portable AM radio with a battery for power.
If you turn the AM radio receiver different directions you will hear the signal will get stronger and weaker.
The gold gun will also become stronger and weaker when you turn to different directions.
It has ferrite coil antenna inside which is almost the same as inside the AM radio.
But the gold gun has two ferrite antennas to help find the exact direction where treasure is located.
The gold gun circuit is designed to determine the direction where buried metal things are making secondary induced signals from locations under the ground.
The gold gun looks for locations where the signal from the transmitter is no longer smooth, because the buried metal is interfering with the smooth signal.
The transmitter antenna does connect to a wire which is buried in the ground.
The transmitter is a loop coil which is placed in the air or could be placed on the ground if you want to put it there.
Some people lay the VLF coil flat on the ground, and other people put it in the air.
The transmitter sends a VLF signal from the coil into the air or to the ground or to whatever other things are in front of it.
The transmitter VLF waves will travel in the air, then they will move from the air into the ground and into other things that are in the path of the waves.
If there is ground or water in the path of the VLF wave, then the VLF will penetrate into the ground or water.

The transmitter receiver is held similar to a portable battery AM radio with no wires connecting into the ground.
When the gold gun was sold to treasure hunters, there was never a wire to put into the ground.
The wire for the ground is not needed for VLF coil antennas or VLF coil receivers.

Best wishes,
J_P
tank you very much j-p
This means you are worth making?(gold gun)
You build it and integrate it with a wave transmitter is buried treasures and metals found in the basement?
You suggest that this device is built with the specifications?(gold gun and transmitter)
Is effective and efficient?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Guru

Quote:
tank you very much j-p
This means you are worth making?(gold gun)
You build it and integrate it with a wave transmitter is buried treasures and metals found in the basement?
You suggest that this device is built with the specifications?(gold gun and transmitter)
Is effective and efficient?
I never have held a gold gun in my hand.
The things I say for the gold gun are only from what I read that other people observed.
I know about VLF wave propagation because I studied propagation of different electromagnetic waves for many years.

If the gold gun can find treasure,, this is something I no nothing about.
I only know that other people say they found treasure with it.
These other people who say they found treasure when using the gold gun are people who used their gold gun when there were VLF transmitters sending signals from the USA.
But these signals are no longer being sent from the military VLF transmitter.

For me, I do not think the gold gun is a good way to find treasure.
I do not think VLF survey is a good way to find treasure unless the treasure is larger size than a car.

But other people say they have found treasure when they use the gold gun.
So I tell how the gold gun works.
If you believe you can find treasure with the gold gun then you can build the gold gun.
Then you can take your gold gun to see if it will help you to find treasure.

If you want to read some posts from people who say they found treasure when they use the gold gun you can look here:
http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...ad.php?t=16238

You will also see some photos of the inside of gold guns that people finished building.

Here is more photos for the gold gun...
http://longrangelocators.com/forums/...t=11077&page=4

Also, look at these links where you can see people make forum posts to say they cannot find treasure with the gold gun:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
"I own a Gold Gun AL718. Couldn't get much out of it, and I've never heard of anyone else who has had success with one.
Still, I'd like to get mine into an area where there's more natural gold, and see what it does. Based on what I know of Accurate Locators, I don't expect much of it".

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...38&postcount=2

originally posted by Tim Williams
"...I could not get the gold gun I had to work. But that may be because the signal was not being transmitted. This unit has a transmitter.
I can't say if it will work or not. I just wanted to let everyone know there was one on ebay".

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=71

originally posted by Agraz
"I build that model Gold Gun AL718, diagram post for Tim Williams, and work well, but is best put a transmitter with rods in ground, I dont try it".
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=81

originally posted by Geo
"..Many people constructed it at Greece, without results
Few weeks ago, when i went to Olympus for treasure hunting, there was two people who had a GG clone. No results..."

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=82

originally posted by alnamr
"Hi to all
I made this device but there was no sound except confusion
See photos"

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=99

You can see that many people are reporting that the gold gun does not find treasure.
This is the reason why I do not want to spend my time to build it.
But maybe I am wrong.
Maybe if you build it you will find treasure.
You can make your own decision.

If you want to build the gold gun, look at the circuit schematic and instruction manual below in the zip file below.
Also look at the patent which was filed that tells the principle on which the gold gun was based.

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PATENT_US3500175.pdf (732.8 KB, 4193 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gold Gun.zip (966.2 KB, 4994 views)
Old 12-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Guru

Hi J_P.
I believe that the pattent who you attached here it is not for GoldGun. At the schematic of the pattent the coil is 90 degrees vertical one to other, as a two box. Coils at G-G are at same direction. From what i know the archaeological services using such detectors, with the coil of one receiver to be vertical to the coil of the other receiver.

Regards
Old 12-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi J_P.
I believe that the pattent who you attached here it is not for GoldGun. At the schematic of the pattent the coil is 90 degrees vertical one to other, as a two box. Coils at G-G are at same direction. From what i know the archaeological services using such detectors, with the coil of one receiver to be vertical to the coil of the other receiver.

Regards
Hi Geo,
You are correct.
The patent is not filed for the gold gun.
The patent is for a different detector that is more sophisticated than the gold gun.
The patent shows the principle for how the signal is found.
The patent tells all details of the phase shift and tilting angles ... there are no secrets because they tell everything that is important for using VLF to locate inductive signals from buried metals.
The gold gun is making detection by using the same principle to detect the same signal that you see in the patent.
But the gold gun manual does not tell you about the electrical conductivity of the buried metals, or phase angle shifts like you can read in the patent.
You will see the gold gun is a more simple adaptation to find this same inductive signal that is described in the patent.
This patent is important because it relies on a distant transmitter exactly as the original gold gun relies on to find the buried metals.
But the patent shows a much better approach for VLF prospecting than the gold gun uses to locate the same signals that are derived from a distant transmitter.
The gold gun was made to be a more simple method to find this same inductive signal without using phase angle shifters or extracting quadrature components.
This is the reason why the gold gun coils are arranged in a different plane than the more sophisticated locator that you see in the patent.
If you build the machine that is shown in the patent, then you can expect to find better detection than you will find when you use the gold gun.
But if you build the gold gun, then you can still detect VLF anomalies from the same VLF signal.
And it is easier to build the gold gun than it is to build the locator that you see in the patent.
The gold gun may also be more specialized to locate the azimuth angle than the machine you see in the patent.

So you can make your choice....
You can build the gold gun very easy, or you can build the locator that you see in the patent.
Gold gun is easy to build, but difficult to locate buried metal.
And the machine in the patent is more difficult to build, but easier to locate buried metals --- especially large bodies of metal or ore that are buried.

For me, I think the gold gun and the machine in the patent are not the best ways to find buried metals.
I think other methods will work better than to use these inductive VLF detectors.
But maybe my idea is wrong.
So I show what other people published to show how they found buried metals for my answer to questions that people are asking.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Geo,
You are correct.
The patent is not for the gold gun.
The patent is for a different detector that is more sophisticated than the gold gun.
The patent shows the principle for how the signal is found.
The gold gun is making detection by using the same principle to detect the same signal that you see in the patent.
The difference is the gold gun is a more simple adaptation to find this signal.
If you build the machine that is shown in the patent, then you can expect to find better detection than you will find when you use the gold gun.
But if you build the gold gun, then you will still detect the same signal.
The gold gun will not detect the signal as well as the machine you see in the patent.
But it is easier to build the gold gun than it is to build the locator that you see in the patent.

So you can make your choice....
You can build the gold gun very easy, or you can build the locator that you see in the patent.
Gold gun is easy to build, but difficult to locate buried metal.
And the machine in the patent is more difficult to build, but easier to locate buried metals.

For me, I think these are not the best ways to find buried metals.

Best wishes,
J_P
Yes you have right.
I worked with a detector like the pattent but it was good for very large objects (as a barel or bigger), and for caves as a big room.

Regards
Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM

geia sou ionios patrida!to dokimases an douleuei?thelw na ftiaksw k gw ena apostatiko alla na douleuei..exw dokimasei kati topika mikra alla de pane bathos oute apostash.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:02 AM

also i forget to say hi to everybody..i am a new member and excuse me for my bad engish..i would apreciate a final diagram which is tested and working.i would also like to know the depth and the distance that it will work
Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionios35 View Post
also i forget to say hi to everybody..i am a new member and excuse me for my bad engish..i would apreciate a final diagram which is tested and working.i would also like to know the depth and the distance that it will work
ionios335, welcome as a new member here.

GG AL707 schematic is well known and tested. You need to read threads about GG Al707 from start.

Capabilities to detect something with GG AL707 are more theoretical than practical (main problem is proper antenna tuning). In all cases you can detect with this devices a bigger ore underground deposits only. But device is cheap, easy to build, work better than all mineoro and other scam devices, so it is worth to try.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:32 PM

I just finish it, so i am going to test it now
and i will give you the resoltes,
with out transmitter,
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Guru

Hi ionios

I hope your GG works, so i will look forward for your results.
For J.PLayer, my friedn i was tryiong to understand this divice function and i compared to pdk, wich is also a VLF receiber.
About GG, i think that is not necesari to have the correct ferrite to catch the correct frequencies, cause you can use other ferrites to or may be the same arrange has pdk RX coil. The point is to set the correct frequency by just doing a correct LC circuit tune to the frequencies you want to recibe.
May be by just building a small vlf transmiter, like coil stimulator made bu pdk, will do the job to.
In ather words i think that you can combine pdk and GG schematics to get a good LR MD.
Regards
Nelson

Quote:
I just finish it, so i am going to test it now
and i will give you the resoltes,
with out transmitter,
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post

About GG, i think that is not necesari to have the correct ferrite to catch the correct frequencies, cause you can use other ferrites to or may be the same arrange has pdk RX coil. The point is to set the correct frequency by just doing a correct LC circuit tune to the frequencies you want to recibe.
Yes, Nelson, the main point is correct frequency. Mean frequency tuned to transmitter that can be received in your local.

There is a little use, even if you have original GG, if there is no TX frequency on which GG is tuned in your local.

You can replace non-existent (military) local VLF signal transmitter by your own portable one. I have already posted some adequate TX schematic here.

J_P can explain this matter more in detail.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 PM

Hello friends, here is a small video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O4Vm6iivw
It is the first time i use the gold gun so i like to ask,
If someone use gold gun from you,
What you think about the video and the numbers i get in organe?
Is it works like must be?
Thank you.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hello friends, here is a small video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O4Vm6iivw
It is the first time i use the gold gun so i like to ask,
If someone use gold gun from you,
What you think about the video and the numbers i get in organe?
Is it works like must be?
Thank you.
Congratulations ionios, very nice construction.

Yes, I tested GG circuit in past. With proper tuned antenna it can easy detect direction and position of small transmitter, but i never can detect reliable reflection from metal targets. Transmitter signal always override reflected signal and disturbed receiving of weak reflected signal. We need EM shielded antenna. I left this project without a valid success.