LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-25-2009, 03:31 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8272058.stm
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Guru

You wanna learn? Get Hills book--considered the bible of dowsing--"Supersensonics". Absolutely fascinating reading. Prepare to spend about a year or more. Like he says, to be open-minded you need to be able to forget everything you know. Not an easy task if you are egocentric.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
You wanna learn? Get Hills book--considered the bible of dowsing--"Supersensonics". Absolutely fascinating reading. Prepare to spend about a year or more. Like he says, to be open-minded you need to be able to forget everything you know. Not an easy task if you are egocentric.
I can imagine that to be true.

You would have to forget everything in order to get the full experience.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Like he says, to be open-minded you need to be able to forget everything you know. Not an easy task if you are egocentric.
To forget everything else to learn something new ? i call this brainwashing.
A pretty stupid way to learn .
Old 09-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
To forget everything else to learn something new ? i call this brainwashing.
A pretty stupid way to learn .
Only a very tiny number of folks would subscribe to such brainwashing. It would take a certain mentality (or lack thereof), to fall for such craziness.

Probably Dell said it best; stupid is as stupid does.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Guru

Just more of your phony logic. You really ought to read the book. You have so much self-doubt it just stifles you. You obviously can't even comprehend what an open mind is. "I think I'm an alright guy. I really do!"
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Just more of your phony logic. You really ought to read the book. You have so much self-doubt it just stifles you. You obviously can't even comprehend what an open mind is. "I think I'm an alright guy. I really do!"
I probably have a bigger dowsing library than you could ever dream of owning. A lot of very collectible old volumes, not to mention a ton of research material and communications. I had a copy of Supersensonics, and when I was done reviewing it, I sold it on eBay for a small profit. Some other poor sap now has to figure out what he is going to do with it.

I'm glad you think you are an alright guy. Has holding that thought in your mind helped you to be a more accurate dowser? Or do you have to keep repeating it to yourself, sort of like a self-help mantra?

BTW, Mike; since you seem to be in the elite group of individuals who have a clue - please share with the rest of us how thought energy can set up a wave-field around an object. Waiting patiently for that kind of information. Maybe the answer was in my copy of Supersensonics, but like the rest of the phony baloney in that volume; ....it was a waste of good trees to print that thing.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Found with a White's, no less!

That hoard will end up in the British Museum, next to all the other hoards that are labeled, "Found with a metal detector."

- Carl
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Found with a White's, no less!

That hoard will end up in the British Museum, next to all the other hoards that are labeled, "Found with a metal detector."

- Carl
Carl,
do you know the model???
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Guru

Hi,
this is the way British Museum collected many valuable items today and in recent years, BIG discoveries made BY METAL DETECTORS and amateur treasure hunters.
Then the british laws suit the scenario with wonderful and reasonable rules that make all win.
So the really big go to all museums of "some" other countries where archeo-guys go hunting with camel-butt-hairs-brushes and find nothing as valuable as this stuff is.

But there's no limit to human stupidity, this confirms the fundamental rule.

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Carl,
do you know the model???

That's "most important" question! Mother question! Question of all questions!!

I am joking....Geo friend! Ahahahah!
Why? I met so often same question.
My prospecting experiences so far tells me that MAIN FACTOR of success in prospecting is...... LUCK! Pure luck and nothing else!
It could be any other brand or model, never mind. If hoard was shallow enough - any other brand and model could do the job just fine.
All the fantastic finds i've being heard about so far, were made at shallow depths mostly - 99% cases.
So..considering that i am sure any brand and model would do the job just fine.
All you have to do is to have huge LUCK and nothing else.

Secret success formula:
- 95% LUCK
- 4% experience in prospecting
- 1% metal detector...

Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Guru

I read an article on Yahoo.

He asked a farmer friend if he could search his land. That explains how he lucked into it.

"I have the phrase I say sometimes, 'Spirits of yesteryear take me where the coins appear', but on that day I changed coins to gold. I don't know why I said it that day, but I think someone was listening and directed me to it."

Sounds like dowsing to me. Enough of the phony logic/assumptions that he said that everytime. People were dowsing thousands of years before L-rods were invented. It's an "awareness thing". Many dowsers attribute it to their superconscious. Where the subconscious is things known, the superconscious is things unknown to the person.

As for the Whites detector and "luck" I guess if he had been using a PI unit it would have been "skill" LOL. I have a Whites that's over 25 years old. It works way better for surface/shallow targets than does my Minelab Sovereign.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
As for the Whites detector and "luck" I guess if he had been using a PI unit it would have been "skill" LOL. I have a Whites that's over 25 years old. It works way better for surface/shallow targets than does my Minelab Sovereign.
That i believe for sure. Last year i had Spectrum and was pretty amazed with it's performing. So old yet so useful. So as few other (brands and models) older detectors, from the past.
Sometimes man have to ask ; why some models are being discontinued?
(or replaced with newer and worse ones !?!?)
Old 09-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Guru

All OK, but what are doing this thread in remote sensing if the ancient treasure was found with regular MD?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
All OK, but what are doing this thread in remote sensing if the ancient treasure was found with regular MD?
Ahahahahahahahahahhh!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
That sounds right.
Maybe we should begin posting all those newspaper articles we read about ancient gold treasure hoards found by dowsing here.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Guru

he can just post some 100years old magazine stuff...

with ads of asbestos pills as remedy for cholyte!

Now I understand why all that asbestos migrated from europe and us to south america...

"

someone said...
Old 09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Guru

Default The HOARD

Quote:
I read an article on Yahoo.

He asked a farmer friend if he could search his land. That explains how he lucked into it.

"I have the phrase I say sometimes, 'Spirits of yesteryear take me where the coins appear', but on that day I changed coins to gold. I don't know why I said it that day, but I think someone was listening and directed me to it."

Sounds like dowsing to me. Enough of the phony logic/assumptions that he said that everytime. People were dowsing thousands of years before L-rods were invented. It's an "awareness thing". Many dowsers attribute it to their superconscious. Where the subconscious is things known, the superconscious is things unknown to the person.

Hi

Do you know how deep was the treasure ?

Regards
Old 09-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hi

Do you know how deep was the treasure ?

Regards
According to the article Theseus posted, they were not deep:
"Pieces were just literally sat at the top of the soil, at the grass," said Ian Wykes, of the county council. He said the hoard had been unearthed by recent plowing".

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
According to the article Theseus posted, they were not deep:
"Pieces were just literally sat at the top of the soil, at the grass," said Ian Wykes, of the county council. He said the hoard had been unearthed by recent plowing".

Best wishes,
J_P
So, any BFO or toy detector can find it. Lucky man. I noticed that in GB and other european countries museums pay the correct price for the items found.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
That sounds right.
Maybe we should begin posting all those newspaper articles we read about ancient gold treasure hoards found by dowsing here.

Best wishes,
J_P
I don't understand the people... Recently, a man with absorptive pistol detect a spot, maybe 30 meters in distance. Pistol show the site, but this man also "corroborate" the mark with LRL rods... The man found a silver adorn 10 X 10 cm at 1.20 m depth...
Old 09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Guru

Default The price for one Treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
So, any BFO or toy detector can find it. Lucky man. I noticed that in GB and other european countries museums pay the correct price for the items found.
Yes,in GB they have very clever system when one person find Treasure . Unfortunatly in my country we whait 50 years for the government to make treasure valuation,and in the end they not pay nothing,and they say all the treasures belong to them,as result they allways lose,and the colectors make colections more rich,not the museum. England is the best country for Treasure hunting.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Yes,in GB they have very clever system when one person find Treasure . Unfortunatly in my country we whait 50 years for the government to make treasure valuation,and in the end they not pay nothing,and they say all the treasures belong to them,as result they allways lose,and the colectors make colections more rich,not the museum. England is the best country for Treasure hunting.
Hi,
yes it is... and I say half states of EU have so restrictive rules on "treasures" that even go around with an MD in your hands can bring you easy to jail also!

The archeo-guys and funny politicians know ZERO of reality but just of camel-butt-hairs-brushes maybe, and they're happy this way... so why they have change their mind !?

Just cause other half of EU have more liberal and realistic approach to treasure hunters and real heritage preservation ???

No... EU is something you can never say there's something homogeneous in e.g. laws... so what's good for me could be bad for you and maybe passable for someone else all that in the same EU!

What's that ? We have 1 coin and monetary system and 27 different set of rules !?

Seems like a big joke these guys at Bruxelles do and laugh at us, that's it!

I do agree, UK is THE ONE AND ONLY treasure hunters heaven! (and of course, a very fair country that treat citizens for what they are... not as childrens, as happens in many places...)

Where else you can go around without e.g. any document that say who are you without risk to pass some hour at local police station !?

Uk, I love that country.

And ,of course, I like Ireland , expecially Aran islands...but for other reasons...

Kind regards,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Hi,
yes it is... and I say half states of EU have so restrictive rules on "treasures" that even go around with an MD in your hands can bring you easy to jail also!

The archeo-guys and funny politicians know ZERO of reality but just of camel-butt-hairs-brushes maybe, and they're happy this way... so why they have change their mind !?

Just cause other half of EU have more liberal and realistic approach to treasure hunters and real heritage preservation ???

No... EU is something you can never say there's something homogeneous in e.g. laws... so what's good for me could be bad for you and maybe passable for someone else all that in the same EU!

What's that ? We have 1 coin and monetary system and 27 different set of rules !?

I do agree, UK is THE ONE AND ONLY treasure hunters heaven! (and of course, a very fair country that treat citizens for what they are... not as childrens, as happens in many places...)

Where else you can go around without e.g. any document that say who are you without risk to pass some hour at local police station !?

Uk, I love that country.

And ,of course, I like Ireland , expecially Aran islands...but for other reasons...

Kind regards,
Max
Hi Max,

"Where else you can go around without e.g. any document that say who are you without risk to pass some hour at local police station !?
"
Most English-speaking countries you can walk the streets without ID documents... like Canada, USA, and Australia, New Zealand, and other places too. In most of Central and South America don't need to carry your ID with you in order to avoid risk of being sent to the police station. I suppose in much of the world it is safe to go around without ID documents... as long as a person is not creating problems.

But even these "free" countries have some poor treasure laws. The English treasure law is the best treasure law I have heard of:
In England a person can dig all the treasure and will be paid collector's value to give it to a museum. But what about other "free countries"? This treasure was "unearthed" in the grass from recent plowing. In a country where treasure hunting and metal detectors are illegal, a person walking through the field could find this treasure by accident. Maybe trip over a gold sword on the ground. If this kind of treasure was found in most other countries, we would never hear about it in the newspaper or see it in a museum. It would be hidden in the treasure hunter's secret cache or sold secretly to a collector. The idea that only government regulated Archaeologists can recover treasure seems like a sure way for a country to lose most national treasures found by secret treasure hunters. The English treasure law seems a very good way for a country to keep their national treasures.

PS. Does anybody know if dowsing is illegal in countries where treasure hunting is illegal?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Guru

Default Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi,

Uk, I love that country.

Kind regards,
Max
About Ireland,i know two friends from there,Desmond and Roland,they are MINELAB dealers,they told me Ireland is a forbiden country for Treasure Hunting,i think its also forbiden to search in the beach...Nice country but so diferent from UK.