LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 PM

Default ir

There was talk about some thermal imager that can see trough walls. Supposedly used by the us military in afganistan. As a couple of people on this forum know, that's not physically possible. The only thing it did was to scam millions from the us taxpayers.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulsack
There was talk about some thermal imager that can see trough walls. Supposedly used by the us military in afganistan. As a couple of people on this forum know, that's not physically possible. The only thing it did was to scam millions from the us taxpayers.
Hi Bulsack,
It seems that government agencies are scammed every once in awhile same as consumers who fall victim to non-working gadgets. In the case of Infrared thermometers that are marketed as treasure finders, we have already debunked the bunk pimps in the Geotech forum in a previous thread here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12806
After reading all the rhetoric about how the cave-sensing infrared detector had a gold mode too, the final discovery of what this fake treasure detector consisted of was made by Carl-NC: "The DIS-300 is actually a Mastech MS6530....." See here with photos: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17
But this didn't stop hung from insisting it was a modified model with a cave sensor and a gold sensor added to the circuitry.
How does he know this? From the advertising propaganda he read on the Knouzm page? Maybe, but Knouzm no longer shows the DIS-300 (Mastech MS6530) on their page. So let's see what Kellyco says about these amazing IR treasure finding devices:
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/laserscan/lasersca.htm
Could it be somebody re-programmed the PIC inside the infrared thermometer to make it show the "cave mode" and "gold mode" on the display, while the sensor is the same Mastech IR thermometer that sells for less than $100 online?
If you want this high-tech treasure finding instrument, then why not buy it for only $89.95 US here?
http://www.imarketcity.com/msprthwidsra.html

I took my similar infrared thermometer and set up a test at a beach where I often go coin shooting with a metal detector to see what I could find using an infrared thermometer: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=34
As you can see, my results were not very promising. But then, I did not pay top dollar for the model that was modified with two extra sensors for finding caves and gold.

Is there anything available that will find treasure using an IR thermometer? I don't think so. But there are some similar technologies being developed that have almost reached the point of being useful for finding hidden treasure at medium to long range. There is a terahertz imaging method being used for security scanning. This device sends out terahertz waves (at the low end of infrared light and the high end of the microwave spectrum. These devices can see behind clothing for viewing hidden things in your pockets, and are even used to look at internal organs for medical testing. Can they find treasure? I don't think anybody tried this yet. See these links for details: http://www.thespec.com/article/653087
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/17/m...home-the-gold/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terahertz_radiation

There is also a low power X-ray gun that can see behind walls, through sheet metal, and nearly a foot under the ground. But it is not available for public use yet unless you want to pay about $300,000 US to have one made to your specifications: http://www.poc.com/emerging_products/lexid/default.asp

I guess it is a matter of how much do you want to spend. You can spend the big dollars for high tech that isn't quite ready for finding treasure, or you can spend a few thousand or a few hundred for the pimped out IR thermometers, or $89.50 for the same IR thermometer without the modified display coding. Maybe you are better to forget the IR method and try something magnetic... like VLF or PI?

Best wishes,
J_P
and low end of
Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM

Default follow the link bellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman21 View Post
Dear Qiaozhi ,

i did not saved the thermal images because as i said i found nothing worth mentioning. But when i have the time i will repeat the tests and i'll post the photos for anyone interested.

http://www.ees.nmt.edu/Hydro/landmin...02_thermal.pdf
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibon View Post
That was a very interesting paper, and confirms what most of us are saying. The land mine used in the test is likely plastic with a thermal TC considerably longer than metal, yet it was exceedingly difficult to detect. This suggests that perhaps a treasure cache buried just under the surface of dry sand could be detected with an IR camera.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
That was a very interesting paper, and confirms what most of us are saying. The land mine used in the test is likely plastic with a thermal TC considerably longer than metal, yet it was exceedingly difficult to detect. This suggests that perhaps a treasure cache buried just under the surface of dry sand could be detected with an IR camera.
Long time I insist in it... Just with the beam of 2 IR leds (for me, better), long time ago (since the end of the 70s) we have experimented... You can added lenses for more distance, but today there are IR leds with incorporated lenses wich can cover 100 meters.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Long time I insist in it... Just with the beam of 2 IR leds (for me, better), long time ago (since the end of the 70s) we have experimented... You can added lenses for more distance, but today there are IR leds with incorporated lenses wich can cover 100 meters.
100 pounds of gold just under surface can be detected by IR scaning for sure. Such finding can be detected from airplane too, but no single gold coin at dept of 5cm can be detected by IR scaning method. Never.

Parascientific dreams, nothing more.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
Hi Esteban,
The tests you made are not the same as using an IR thermometer. Your circuits monitor the audio frequency pulses of a square wave pulsed LED emitting a beam. No IR thermometer or thermal imaging camera emits an IR source signal directed at a target. They are passive temperature measuring instruments. These are not even similar to your IR experiments that are designed to direct an IR beam at a target. The principle of operation is different, and the results are definitely different, as is expected from completely different instruments.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Esteban,
The tests you made are not the same as using an IR thermometer. Your circuits monitor the audio frequency pulses of a square wave pulsed LED emitting a beam. No IR thermometer or thermal imaging camera emits an IR source signal directed at a target. They are passive temperature measuring instruments. These are not even similar to your IR experiments that are designed to direct an IR beam at a target. The principle of operation is different, and the results are definitely different, as is expected from completely different instruments.

Best wishes,
J_P
Yes, you're right. I think you can convert an IR laser termometer for to find buried metals. But also consider the beam as an IR "camera".

Regards

Esteban
Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yes, you're right. I think you can convert an IR laser termometer for to find buried metals. But also consider the beam as an IR "camera".

Regards

Esteban
An IR camera??? What do you think is happening that makes it a camera?

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
An IR camera??? What do you think is happening that makes it a camera?
Carl used words IR camera. I take it...
Old 12-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
Carl used words IR camera. I take it...
We are talking about two different IR temperature sensing devices. When Carl talked about thermal imaging cameras or IR cameras, he was not talking about the IR thermometer. The camera consists of many IR thermometers arranged in a grid with a lens to focus a thermal image on it. This is the same idea as using a light camera to focus a light image on an image sensor.

The thermal imaging camera does not send out an IR beam at the target, same as an IR thermometer does not send out an IR beam at a target. They onlly measure the temperatures where they are pointed.

But if you can modify either of these to find treasure, then post the details of your mods here so we can all try it out to see how well it works.

Best wishes,
J_P