LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 06-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Dr. Bickel was my grandfather. I grew up around him my whole life, he passed away when I was 21. My father (his only son) has blue prints to that machine and has one that is 75% complete and he was telling me he plans on completing that machine. If anyone wants more information on my grandfather send me a private message. I noticed a couple of you talking about making a page for him, I can provide pictures/info for that as well. Also if anyone wants my fathers contact info regarding that machine (SERIOUS INQUIRIES) then dont hesitate to message me.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:37 PM

Oh and thanks to Positron for posting that picture of my grandfather. I have never seen that one before.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Guru

Thomasa, the Bikel instrument, or a modified version was apparently used for oil exploration, and Treasure Hunting. I know of it's use in locating oil deposits in west Texas. I travelled with the operator, off and on for nearly 3 years locating and ground truthing potential Treasure hot spots in the U.S. and Bahamas.

The accuracy at great distances is amazing. When we conducted an aerial survey of the Atocha/Margarita site in the Marquesas's ,the pilot was so impressed with the instruments ability to direct him back to the exact same Copper, or Gold locations day after day without the aid of any navigation instruments. He told us he invested an additional $100,000 in Fisher's operation as a result of the survey.

It did require a lot of trial & error experience to understand, and learn to interpret the Signal's with accuracy. There are also limitations that renders it impractical for close up applications.

Thank you so very much for sharing. Dell
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM

Hello Thomas,
I accidentially came to this forum and was surprised to hear from your grandfather Dr. Bickel. I am an engineer here in Germany and searching for information regarding the Bickel machine. Is there any chance for getting more information of one of his machines. How can I get in contact with you?

Regards, Hal50