LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Dowsing & Passive Locators

Old 06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Guru

Default The stuff that "skeptics" don't have to make up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post
The question i put forward to the forum is what is going on within the static discharge through the fishes tail that makes it discriminate other signals. I believe by finding the answer to this question, then we would be well on the way to a long range locator with discrimination capabilities.
rgds
For those who didn't follow the posts, that business about fish tails starts with Dedevil's assertion that Jesus practiced dowsing with fish tails, an assertion with absolutely no historical evidence whatsoever, Dedevil just made up a fairy tale. And that's Dedevil's "science".

"Skeptics" don't have to make this stuff up.

--Dave J.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
For those who didn't follow the posts, that business about fish tails starts with Dedevil's assertion that Jesus practiced dowsing with fish tails, an assertion with absolutely no historical evidence whatsoever, Dedevil just made up a fairy tale. And that's Dedevil's "science".

"Skeptics" don't have to make this stuff up.

--Dave J.
This is an interesting story.
We know that the story of Jesus leading the fishing expedition is an anecdotal story which has become a tradition in the christian religion.
From the scriptures we read (as is detailed in Dedevil's post) that Jesus instructed the fishermen to cast their nets at a time an place when they were convinced they could catch no fish, yet they caught enough fish to break their nets. At least that is what the story says. Many people who read that story believe they caught a lot of fish due to some supernatural power, while others think it may have been a coincidence, or possibly the story became distorted during a number of translations.

But if we take that story at face value for only what is written in the story, then we see there is no reference to divining by holding the end of a fish tail.
In fact there are a number of explanations that could serve to show that nothing beyond ordinary circumstances transpired.
Suppose that instead of presuming that Jesus was practicing divining with the end of a fish tail, we look for a more obvious explanation.
For example, suppose Jesus had some experience at this lake so he knew the fishes feeding habits, and he knew they would be at a certain side of the lake at this time of the day.
If he knew these things, then he could easily tell the fishermen to drop their nets, and he would expect to catch a lot of fish where he knew they would be feeding.

I am not saying it happened that way.
But it seems more likely than the explanation that he went dowsing with a fish tail, (considering there is no mention of fish-tail dowsing in the story).
And there are many other feasible explanations besides the example I gave.

Since there was nothing written in this fishing story to tell us why they caught a lot of fish after catching nothing the night before, then there is no reason to try to supply an explanation that we make up.
If you think about it, maybe it was just chance....
Maybe they were unlucky the night before, then by chance, they became lucky and finally caught the fish.

The point is that Dave is right.
Fairy tales often start when we read a story of an odd coincidence.
It seem some people like to use this kind of story to embellish with their favorite fairy tales and to promote their favorite pseudoscience.
No longer do we read the story of how the fishermen were simply instructed to cast their nets and they caught a lot of fish.
We read a new Dedevil story of how Jesus taught dowsing by using a fish tail instead of the story in the scriptures where he told the fishermen to cast their nets:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil
Ok so he taught something, what’s missing is how or what he taught. Basically it’s a fish detection method where you cut the tail of a fish and by holding the tail by the extreme ends and pointing the backbone towards the water you can divine schools of fish.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Guru

Dowsing is, when de-Devil become Jesus Representative of Public Relations.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Banned

Default Is a glass half full, or half empty?

Your inability to read and understand what I wrote and reply with logical comments shows to me that under that old grey hair is a brain that is slowly deteriorating and instead of being able to create new thoughts is now going into defensive mode and anything new to it is considered just fairy tales due to a failing ability of comprehension.
You wrote; considering there is no mention of fish-tail dowsing in the story). and then go on and on with your very own fairy tail. If, You were to stop for a second and read and comprehend what I wrote, you would understand that I said it depends what version you read as newer versions have been edited and I explained why this was done.
You also wrote; Since there was nothing written in this fishing story to tell us why they caught a lot of fish after catching nothing the night before, then there is no reason to try to supply an explanation that we make up.
So I would like to make MY POINT that YOU are the one with the reason to supply your own distorted explanation that you are making up due to your mind, failing it’s comprehension abilities and going into it’s own fairy tale defensive mode.
The point is that I am right.
Fairy tales like yours often start when we do not correctly comprehend what we read.
It seems some people like to use this kind of fairy tale stories to embellish with their favorite fairy tales and to promote their favorite failing mind.

No longer do we read the story of how the fishermen were simply instructed to cast their nets and they caught a lot of fish.
We read a new Dedevil story of how Jesus taught dowsing by using a fish tail, a form of LONG RANGE DETECTION! with a very interesting discrimination technique or as I would say a glass half full, substantiated by older versions of the bible, modern day science, and something anyone can try at home.

p.s. and before you start on the modern day science thing, go back a few threads to where I won the cash from WM6 and READ!.Well that is if your eyesight isn't failing also.
RGDS