LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-01-2006, 04:04 AM

Default IR and Millimeter Technology moves on

Esteban,

I was thinking the same thing about people on this forum who haven't yet come up with a better idea to try but can only make negative comments. I think this fellow has been found out.

I was looking up various searches for millimeter detection (bolometers,radiometers,etc.) and of course came up with alot of demining sites,one of which showed how easily it is to detect them with an Infrared Camera at night.

I found a really excellant paper put out by the U.S. FCC entitled "Millimeter wave Propogation:Spectrum Management Implications",Bulletin Number 70.
This document is packed with so much easy to understand information with alot of charts showing attenuation vs frequency and conditions. Turns out for 250GHZ for dry conditions the attenuation is about .48db per km and about 5db with humidity in the air. Far as through soil for passive detection it looks like about 3 inches is it. That is identical to the Falcon MD-10 that can be EASILY found using google,so I'm happy with these parameters if I can cobble together a working system however crude it may be compared to the big bucks university with the Phd's designing and building them.

Robert old chap,you asked me what I wanted you to do and all's I would ask-no beg- is RESEARCH millimeter technology so you can get an idea of the limitations and capabilities. In the above post I gave a specific title of a cheap booklet by Dr. Paul Dobler from the Integrity Research website. Also do yourself a big favor and type in StarTiger into google and study up. I think your testicles will drop to the ground when you see what the British Aerospace industry has accomplished complete with photographs.

Good hunting!

Randy
Old 12-01-2006, 07:34 AM
robert

Thumbs down Again Yiak,Yiak...but weak,very weak..

Yes Esteban,i did a lot of research on that field.It will take pages for me to explain to you and Seden about all problems occured in that matter...
It is much easier for me to simply tell you to give up and do not waste time and space here....no benefits from those at all in metal detecting.
Cant you distinguish what this forum is about...once for all???

This is metal detecting,prospectors forum man!!! Everything elese is not important and not relevant here!

You rather stick to blah,blah and a lot of philosophy than to "ground" yourself and try to do something real for instance...

You do not look smarter here cose talking about "high" scientific fails...
Everybody can use google and search for simillar texts and later post here like its own presumptions....not smart at all!

Life is to short for me to bug myself with nonsences you ve been talking here!

Come on with real idea/project,than we can talk about....

You are loosing yourself in "clouds"...come on the earth and be real!

Like plain amateur, nothing you can do interesting enough to "shake" the world of md...

Be real for once.

Seden you are on the same track as Esteban. I wish to both of you much,much luck!
regards
Old 12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Guru

The only who wasted time here are you, because you loose the time in the reading. And the space is not yours! Deppend of the Administrator. If he is against all this, well, we dissapear!

Please, no more Byzantine discussions. Only focused in the posibilities, no in the negativities.

Randy, thanks for the info. I tell you IR is a great field! I read in physics books that all no natural buried bodies (the creates for the man) emits IR, the metals in more high quantity. Remember: gold loves IR. I have this paper: Microstrip antenna-coupled infrared detector.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Gold vs Silver IR Spectrum

Esteban,

I was looking on http://64.143.63.33/pdf/coatings.pdf
and on pg. 5 they show the spectrum Graphs for Gold and Silver and radically different. Gold is at 95% at 900nm and 98% at 10um whilst silver is 95% flatline from 600um to 2.0mm. You can buy a inexpensive Far Infrared bolometer that covers 8-12um which is around what 80 to 90 degrees farinheit? I have one at home that I bought from J.P. Marlin mail order (type in google) for $3.50 I believe. It's been several years and there's also a company that has a kit that enhances that bolometer. If I can find it at home I'll post it. It's fun device to play with and so easy to use with a minimum of parts.
I know you probably know this but the trick is to get the biggest temperature differential between the ground/air and the gold in the ground like fall or spring at early nightfall.

I received a notice to pick up the Oscilloscope/Spectrum analyzer that I bought off ebay for a little over $200 from Hong Kong (on a very slow boat as I paid for it Oct.9th-thought I got stiffed and opened a case with ebay and paypal). So now I'll shift my priority back to a electronic version of a gold detector that I had mentioned earlier using the ULF range where you can see the differance in minerals due to their grain size (Natural Field Spectral Induced Polarization-google once again on this).
Also I just ordered a Radiometer for a whooping $10 and so will play with exciting it with Millimeter radio waves as Dr. Dobler did using a Printed Circuit yagi and trying a parabolic dish that you can buy from Edmund Scientific for a song (American slang for low cost-dates back to the depression era here).

Ok,Robert what do you think of my shifting from MM Waves all the way down to ULF-TRUE SCIENCE or buh sheet (American Negro slang for a lie)?
Or a you just the preverbial Jokester here on the Forum? By the way old bean, I'm interested in some of your metal detector designs,care to share them eh? No talk now-just show me the schematic.

Randy
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 AM
robert

Talking He,ha,ha!!!

Sorry to say;but there are at least dozen of my projects,right here on this forum.... Many people used alredy....Of course i used another nick to post some posts here and other forums on the internet...

This nick i am using just to fight against human stupidity arround...
Esteban i prefer your stupidity....

ha,ha,ha...

No one is trying to limit your nonsences at all. Come on, be my guest and post more funny nonsences Esteban....everybody laughs on you already...

Ha,ha,ha...

"Gold love IR...." ???? Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.......another joke????

please continue...!
Old 12-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
Well your getting warmer (ah no pun intended). You need to go down to 1.2mm for gold according to the careful experiments of the German Physicist Dr. Paul E. Dobler. I've looked into building an antenna using printed circuit board technology but I don't know if it can be done (Carl, whadda think?). I know their currently using the method used to lay down the traces for IC's for various mm antennas,hmm.
PCB traces down to 0.1mm aren't too difficult.

Quote:
I've also gotten books on Spectroscopy and at the light frequencies your looking at Molecules if I'm not mistaken,Carl would know.
When you burn things, the light produced has spectral signatures that can identify the elemental makeup. Not very useful in treasure hunting.

Quote:
Check out the British StarTiger project and the pics I've seen where the Russians have a mm camera mounted in a tank and it showed what a mm photograph looked like of underground objects from a several hundred feet away from the tank-very cool technology!
I've looked at their site, and wasn't impressed. They have very few pics and little explanation as to what they show. I would think that if the technology had value, and especially if their work had produced a lot of good results, there would be tons of info and pics there. But there isn't. And if you click through to the ThruVision web site, it is a whole bunch of nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
Esteban, That article is just what I needed,thank you for helping me. Have you had a chance to get a copy of Dr. Doblers book? The original's are in Deutsch,but you can get an english translated somewhat condensed version from "Integrity Research Institute"...
Ouch... I've run across the Integrity Research Institute before... ironic name, considering that Thomas Valone (Director, President & Chairman) bought his PhD from a diploma mill. I wouldn't give much credence to anything you find on that site.

- Carl
Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Guru

Randy, you're not thinking with the necessary uniformity they want... If you are out the "structure", you're lost, my friend! Please, leave this good persons prepare the correct way... They only want "the better" for you.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Guru

Sorry to say;but there are at least dozen of my projects,right here on this forum.... Many people used alredy....Of course i used another nick to post some posts here and other forums on the internet...

Show us one. If you can, good! If you can't, also good!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:56 AM
robert

Wink Truth!!!

"...I wouldn't give much credence to anything you find on that site..."

This is the POINT!

Esteban,i do hope that you'll beleive Carl on this...since you do not beleive me at all...(it showed so far)..

The very same case with a lot of simillar txt's you may find on internet.

About projects...you already used some of them...
It is just my decision not to mix my several nicks one with another, due to integrity....
regards
Old 12-03-2006, 06:56 PM

Default TRW and Lockheed Martin Passive mm Camera

I typed in the following quote "millimeter wave camera" on google and got many hits. The first one re:TRW's camera is
http:www.spie.org/web/oer/march/mar97/passivemm.html and lockheed Martin's site is http:www.brijot.com. There's also a camera called the "Bolocam" that a University in Colorado is working on try that on Google.

Robert my Albanian critic,please check these sites out and see if your eyeballs roll to the point of facing backwards,then come join in on the research and development effort with me. I need your experience to pull this off (actually I'd rather have Carl's since he appears to be the only real Engineer joining in on the discussion but many hands make light work). And speaking of that, Carl thanks for the confirmation on the using printed ciruit technology for a mm antenna.

Randy
Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Guru

About projects...you already used some of them...
It is just my decision not to mix my several nicks one with another, due to integrity....

Please, for example, wich of your project I use. I'm skeptic at this point. I don't use your projects!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 AM

Default Gold's IR spectrum

Esteban,

Have you checked out the site with the IR reflectance of Gold and Silver? I'm thinking by getting the bolometer I mentioned it would be out of the range for silver,but I haven't researched the spectral response of other metals.

I have my 5 days off coming this Friday and will now be able to place various metals in this plastic tub with iron rich dirt-pulse it and note their phase vs frequency response as well as spectral response.

Looks like Dave Emery is within months of releasing his "Pulse Devil" and I wish I had the ~$2500-$2900 to buy one. The rich nugget shooters are going to vacuum up what the Minelabs missed and so eventually you'll need a D-9 or a tractor with a scoop to reach the gold!

Since I don't have the bucks I'll just build a simple PI TX with and beat the lo against the return signal for added depth. Have you tried this Carl?

Robert my fellow Technician/experimenter colleague, I have been posting on this forum darn near from the beginning. Mostly lurking as I was spending most of my time studying Geophysics and Geology and didn't have time to play with designs. Have you played much with PI designs? What do you think of the idea of CW vs AM detection? Have you ever tried it? Seems like it would work much better than straight AM detection.

Randy

Last edited by Seden; 12-06-2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Missed something
Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
robert

Thumbs down S... m. d... !!!

It seems that Carl has something against my previous wish
and intention to distinguish my nationality.
Randy,first of all i am not Albanian, i am Serbian...I am,
kind of sensitive on those things.Sorry,but i would like to
keep some facts clear.No big harm done,just i need to clear
this up.
Carl if you have something against that, thats your problem!
But you should be honest and let me to clear up those, not
to delete my posts, while Seden's post remained undeleted?
( "...Robert my Albanian critic...")
As time goes by i see so few reasons to be here any more!
Mainly thanks to Carls onesided honesty/fairness.
Yeah,yeah...i know! Carl,you gonna repeat all the "brain-
washing" rules of this forum.....
But as man can see here very few posts are tightly stuck
to subject at all. 99% of posts are widely filled with
various rethorics and philosophy.
I DIDNT SAW YOU,CARL DELETING OR WARNING THOSE!?
So dont you even try to explain again reasons of your behavior!
I can live with fact that this is your forum and you gonna
do whatever you want here....nobody can stop you!
So after finishing with Seden, i'll spit on you and your
forum and leave for good, on great Estebans&others joy!!!
Esteban start to celebrate from now! No more RObert here to
bug you! Kiss "dear" Carl for that, your good friend!

I'll be off this unbenefitial place for good. But i do not
want to "cut off" your questions Seden. I would like to
answer on those, but first try to define me more preciselly
what did you asked me;
"...CW vs AM detection..." What do you exactlu mean by this?
Define me CW detection and AM detection first, than i'll be
glad to answer, even help if possible.
"Have you played much with PI designs?"
Yes Seden! I did a lot of those so far. Mostly relying on
Eric Fosters projects/knowledge. Eric showed as very
conversant,expert and also a great human,always good willing
to help,teach and tip....Thanks to his explanations i learned
so much about pi detectors. Tribute to Eric Foster! And many
thanks to him!
I also tried several other PI designs, some of them very nice.
I can not claim here that i am expert, but for sure
i feel very conversant to talk about those....
One more thing. I even tried to build Carl's Hamerhead PI once!
Catastrofic project! Amateur,stupid,non-working nonsence!
"...Carl's since he appears to be the only real Engineer..."
If Hamerhead is all he can do so far, than i feel very sorry
about his wasted years! "Real Engineer"??? Ha,ha,ha!!!
Like hell he is!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!

"I was spending most of my time studying Geophysics and Geology.."
Indeed very good news! Very good for you! I salute that!
But you should know by now that some scientific principles are
left for good.....for example those you've been talking about
earlier.
Just define me CW and AM (detection) and i'll be glad to
talk about.

Please stay off mixing radio "detection" usually met in radio
technique with any kind of metal detecting.
P.S.
Since i am not gonna come again here,Seden you may use my
e-mail to continue this subject;
roppod@yahoo.com

Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Carl if you have something against that, thats your problem!
But you should be honest and let me to clear up those, not
to delete my posts, while Seden's post remained undeleted?
( "...Robert my Albanian critic...")
As time goes by i see so few reasons to be here any more!
I deleted the posts because they amounted to nothing but taunting. I agree, I see few reasons for you to be here... perhaps it's time for you to move on.

- Carl
Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 AM
sony

Thumbs down S... m. d... !!!

S... m. d... !!!
This supposed to be S(urface) m(ounted) d(evices), i guess!?

oIo

Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Guru

Hi Randy

Yes, I check it. I read this info and other papers. IR emission is common for other metals, not only for gold and silver. Copper is great emitter.

I'm planning to build "IR camera" based on IR receiver module of TV, etc. I make some preliminar experiment and found there are regions in the soil wich a type of signal, in concordance with other medium range detector (microvoltmeter and others).
Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
sony

Thumbs down for good gye...

Seden, sachen, die Sie sich mit Robert besprechen möchten, sind eine intrersting
spitze. Sie können verwenden Deutsche sprachenhier schuld die tatsache, daß
anderes die leute, die anwesend sind nicht sie verstehen kann hier! Sehr gut,
wenn wir diesen freien raum weg von den nonsences halten möchten! Inhaber dieses
forums bereits gezeigte unfaire, unhonest behandlung gegen einige mitglieder hier.
So wird sie sehr gut sein, wenn wir Ihre fragen über deutsche sprache besprechen.
Alles, das sie bitten möchten, kommen und bitten. Ihre fragen werden beantwortet.
Respekt!
P.S.
Bessere weise soll seine e-mail benutzen. Er bat mich, dieses auf deutscher sprache
zu übersetzen und pfosten hier. Ich kenne Robert während einiger zeit. Er ist nicht
schlechte person. Aber er hat sehr "harte" art des argumentierens mit leuten. Versuch,
zum von von aufmerksamkeit auf diesem nicht zu zahlen. Auch er ist hölle von einem
experten in den themen, die Sie interessiert sind, also, wenn Sie mehr wissen wünschen,
ihn fragen und sachverhalt und wissen warten. Ich mag nicht mit die weise, die Carl
einiges beschäftigt hier bevölkeren, aber, hallo das leben ist!
Respekt

Again "big boss" showed his power here!? Bravo Carl! So few reasons for you to be
proud....
"..But as man can see here very few posts are tightly stuck to subject at all.
99% of posts are widely filled with various rethorics and philosophy..."
This is THE FACT which nobody can beat! Truth! If we accept this as fact, than i do
not see reason why should only Robert's posts been deleted here???

Carl your reasons doesnt make any sence;
"...amounted to nothing but taunting...."
Where did you saw taunting in this???;
Roberts deleted post:
"...Esteban, you forgot what you started here?
What is best (should be "better") than whos Raven???
What you posted above has nothing to do with any "Raven" at all!?
What was you idea at first place Esteban?
On your posted photos, man can see ordinary (cheapest one) am/fm radio,
connected in some strange design...??? What is all about?
If you want to be taken seriously, you should explain in details what is
your device??? Part by part...
What is elementar function of every stage in overall design?
Step by step.
You should post partially schematic,points of connection with that radio.
What you used in it? Where did you put input from front end?
Did you used local osci.......simillar?
How device is acting? "Beep"-ing, "Hum"-ing, "Scratch"-ing ...????
How can you distinguish between "detection" and "no detection"???
What can you "detect" with it?
Distant stomach gas,viruses,metal, maybe local station...????
Be serious man! Look at other threads how serious people explained their
projects, and do like they done.
Than we can even take a part in your "research" and maybe help you.
Until than...you can only gain laugh from others...Sorry!..."

Since Esteban started this sad thread named "Best than your Raven", posting
photos of his funny and strange project, it is quite natural and normal
to expect questions from other interested members about posted material.
Isn't that so Carl???
Esteban should take responsibillity and answer on questions here, since HE
started this thread!?
Or you,Carl, are aproving that man can open a thread and post few photos without
any explanations. And also anybody can come here and claim any nonsence
without further explanation!???
Please,Carl explain here this? Try to clear up, once for all, what is proper
way of acting here??? Which people can taunt and wich must not?
You mentioned taunting??? Let me remind you on some sentences here:

Esteban:"Hu!!! I feel trembling!.."
Esteban:"This is the proof you never learn nothing..."
Esteban:"Who are your "professor" or you never learn the lessons? "
Esteban:"The only who wasted time here are you, because you loose the time in the reading"
Esteban:"Randy, you're not thinking with the necessary uniformity they want... "
Esteban:"If you are out the "structure", you're lost, my friend!"
Esteban:"Please, leave this good persons prepare the correct way... "
Seden:"Robert my Albanian critic..."
Seden:"Also ignore the people that are giving you a hard time..."

Of course, almost every Robert's post has taunting also. I do not need to repeat all
those.We all already know about his specific kind of humor.But if we accepted that
as something we can live with, than why deleting ????
Or, why deleteing only Robert's taunting,why not every others???
Carl think twice! You made a mistake! Either you gonna have same rules for everybody,
either you just leave things as they are and only delete "name calling" and "bad" words.
Very bad situation. I liked this forum at the begining very much. Met many real friends
here, new friends.
"As time goes by" so small amount of good informations here,day by day, worse and worse!
But nonsences,missinformations,pseudo-science,lies more and more day by day!
I am sad to say but this forum is to be busted soon if continue like this!
We are different people.Every of us has his own reaction on nonsences. I do not reply
to much on nonsences.Robert is different.He simply can not stand to see lies and
nonsences. His problem. But i can see some benefits from his posts.
Asking questions,provoking to gain more informations for everybody to have here.
If we just sit and let everybody to post here any kind of nonsences without checking,
questioning,peaking and a bit taunting...than what should be the benefit from this
place??? Nothing! All informations and missinformations mixed up togather, on a pile!?
I do not have anything against, if somebody taunt me a bit,make joke on my account,
as far as i can get some benefit from that...
As i see, Esteban (attacked by Robert here) is not complaining much. As i presume,
Esteban is not angry on Robert also.Which is good and shows Esteban's good character.
I respect that!
Also Esteban is not illiterate and can protect himself, no need you to protect him Carl!
But....what has been done by now, is done. All we can do is to hope that this situations
never repeat again.
regards
:o
Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 AM

Default OK,now back to more technical talk!

Sony, für den freundlichen Rat danke. Gut, dieses über Robert zu wissen, ihm mein apologie für Sein geben, also zu ihm bedeuten.

Has anyone on this forum ever tried pulsing metals in dirt and looking at the frequency spectrum and phase? I find an interesting study and this is already done by a Geophysical Equipment Mfr. but using a swept frequency I believe . I saw the results on a de-mining site how they could identify the differant bombs by their change in phase and amplitude vs change in frequency. From memory they started about 100hz and went up to 10Khz.
Randy
Old 01-01-2007, 08:46 PM

hi esteban
google " leningrad 7"
this is a light meter.visiable light is380nm -700nm
seden says gold is around 900 nm.
can this device detect gold.
I heard a man finds gold with this machine from distance like 100meters.
his last hole was 16meters and aim was to achive 20meters to find target but stoped because of some reasons.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Leningrad 7 light meter as lrl?

Okantex,

I did Google Leningrad 7 and couldn't find any information on some guy using it to find gold,but there are several on ebay for under $20USD though.

I would like more information on this person please. Also I didn't say 900nm but 1.2mm or 249 GHZ was the frequency that gold radiates at based on Dr. Paul E. Doblers work in the 1920's. He basically used some of Dr. Bose's methods minus the photographic film-crude by todays standards but it got the job done!

Will look forward to any info that you've come across Oknatex re:Leningrad 7 as an gold detector.

Randy
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 PM

hi Randy
as you say this device is sold as light meter.there is no claim say this can detect gold.
but a friend of mine say this device detects gold.
he saw this at a friend.and they went to some trips together.and his friends searched area for gold and pointed.but while using device he does not let somebody close to him.
my friend saw device from distance .and we searched a lot to find this device.
user of this device is known because of his finds.he is rich.he found few big founds according to my friend.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 PM

Gold vs Silver IR Spectrum
Esteban,

I was looking on http://64.143.63.33/pdf/coatings.pdf
and on pg. 5 they show the spectrum Graphs for Gold and Silver and radically different. Gold is at 95% at 900nm and 98% at 10um whilst silver is 95% flatline from 600um to 2.0mm. You can buy a inexpensive Far Infrared bolometer that covers 8-12um which is around what 80 to 90 degrees farinheit? I have one at home that I bought from J.P. Marlin mail order (type in google) for $3.50 I believe. It's been several years and there's also a company that has a kit that enhances that bolometer. If I can find it at home I'll post it. It's fun device to play with and so easy to use with a minimum of parts.
randy
Old 01-02-2007, 05:43 PM

device only detects gold and copper
Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Guru

The good conductive metal causes alteration in main beam of IR ray, but why causes this? So, modulated frequency (audio range, wich trave in the IR beam) changes his patterns in hertz and you can detect the metal.

The IR beam is very precisse, very pinpointing.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Guru

Randy

Remember: IR actuates as antenna. The IR light (of a simple IR led, for example) ionizes the air and hot his way. With IR you can "see" (or detect) more. Here a example of how IR can show more:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/...r04/dwir2.html