Cool !!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

Smile treasure or vision

but..........
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Banned

Question treasure or vision

............ to But these mods are outside of the scope of this project.
This will be kept strictly as a perfect unmodified factory design that people can build so they can tune signals that no other commercial locator will detect.
Then experimenters can make modifications as they choose after they begin with an authentic PD that detectors metals..............................and other your writes.

but...
thanks
best regards.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

but...........
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Banned

capacity of L1 and L2 not mentions.
best regards.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahyal View Post

best regards.
Which capacity? Parasitic inter-winding capacity or inter-coil (L1 and L2) capacity?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
best regards.
Hi kahyal.
There is no L1 or L2 in this circuit.
The only coils I drew are called the TX coil and the RX coil.
See the new corrected circuit diagram below.

I have shown all the information that you need to make both of these coils.
See the schematic and the picture of the red TX coil and the blue RX coil.
You will see in the schematic there are coil connections marked A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H.
These are the tap connections where you connect the coil to the circuit.

Between each of these coil tap connections there are numbers which say 12T, 3T, 5T, 12T, 56T and 56T.
These are the number of turns of 3mm wire you make before connecting to the tap.

This means that for the RX coil you use 0.3mm wire and you begin winding the coil at connection F.
After you complete 56 turns, you bring the wire out from the coil 10cm distance and fold the wire to make a second tap called G.
Then you continue with more winding until you finish making 56 more turns on the same coil.
When you finsih making the second 56 turns of wire, then you take the end of the wire and mark it to be tap H.
The finished coil will be tightly packed with some tape to hold it so it will not become loose.
Then you connect the taps F, G, and H to the circuit as you see in the schematic.
See the diagram below that shows how the RX coil will look if you stretch it open to see the turns.

You can make the TX coil the same way, but you have 5 different taps from A to E.
You can look on the schematic to see how many turns are shown for each tap at the TX coil.
There is no need for knowing the capacitance or inductance of these coils.
You only need to make them as they are shown on the diagram.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 AM

I did this 5 months ago and have great fun>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaOZg...gi48TujDNsFzFK ?)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Guru

Hi J_P ,

what are PCB's dimensions? I saw only one (90mm) given on drawing.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Unhappy regret

hi j_p
regret.....projects that are without pcb they are only a idea
best regards
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Hi J_P ,

Hi WM6,
90mm is the size of the opening at the bottom of the omega coil, not the size of the PCB-1.
The PCBs can be any dimension you want to make them as long as they fit in the locations where you put them.

PCB-1 must be small enough to fit inside the omega area.
The original factory version has this PCB inside the coil enclosure so the leads will be short and close to the coils.
But for the PD adaptation, PCB-1 could also be put inside the box at the same location that we see for the diagram.
Then the leads will be about the same length, with no loss in performance.

Also, both PCBs may be combined as on a single board in the PD adaptation.
In this case, the VLF tuner section should be kept to the right side of the board, close to the coils and away from the audio amp.
See below for alternate 1 PCB design:

Best wishes, J_P
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis1 View Post
I did this 5 months ago and have great fun>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaOZg...gi48TujDNsFzFK ?)
I would like to have one of them! Looks like a lot of fun for sure!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Guru

Quote:

hi j_p
regret.....projects that are without pcb they are only a idea
best regards
Hi Kahyal,
You NEVER asked for a PCB.
You asked for a SCHEMATIC.
And you were given more than a schematic.
Quote:
help me - help me

help me- help me ,i need a pistol detector project -schematic
please help me........
Your request has been completed...
You were not given just an idea, you were given all the information that is needed to build this to the exact specifications that were produced by the factory.
You were given a complete schematic with construction tips and with details needed to adapt to pistol design.
Anyone with a basic understanding of electronics can build this locator with the information shown using point-to-point wiring on a perf-board, or they can make their own PCBs from the schematic shown.
You have been given more than everything you asked for and everything you need, even extra tips.
Yet you are still complaining...!!
If you receive a design for the PCBs will you continue to complain because the finished PCB was not delivered to your door complete with all parts soldered in their place?
Maybe you also want the LAY files so you can send them to a Persian factory to make commercial production?

You can scroll up and see that I have explained it is good to wait before the PCB patterns are released so we will have time to see if errors in the schematic are found.
If you don't want to wait, then you can begin building the locator now by soldering this circuit diagram onto a perf-board as either a 1 board design or a 2 board design exactly as you see explained in the diagrams.
If you do not want to use perf-board, then you can make your PCBs, or copy a PCB that somebody else makes.
See below to learn what perf-board is:

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I would like to have one of them! Looks like a lot of fun for sure!
Hi Doug,
I think it could be a lot of fun too.
But I am not convinced that it will detect metals from long range.
Yet I hear stories that people find long range treasures using metal detecting locators adapted into a pistol design.
I would like to see some real testing to see if this design can recover hidden treasures or not instead of stories.
But until that time, it could be fun to build and to play with.

Remember, this is not simply a hobbyist design.
It was designed by a electronic engineer who included many features that hobbyists generally ignore.
Thousands of these locators were sold commercially more than 40 years ago.
Of course, it is an antique circuit by today's standards.
IB locating with an omega shaped coil is not very common today because it was largely replaced by pulse induction and VLF double-D methods.
But this design is still highly sought after by LRL experimenters because of the amazing ability to detect tiny signals that no modern detector can detect.
When hobbyists cannot buy the few remaining original factory versions of this locator, they can still build their own copy exactly as the factory design specifications for less than $30 parts.
Now the process is easier, because the complete circuit diagram is shown here with nothing missing, along with details for adapting it to a pistol detector design.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 AM

not a simple detector, is an NMR detector and yes it's fun because although I see not believe.and it's real test, I have no reason to do something FAKE!well is to believe in human because can do many incredibly fenomeno!

Best wishes for .....

zarkinos
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Guru

Quote:
not a simple detector, is an NMR detector and yes it's fun because although I see not believe.and it's real test, I have no reason to do something FAKE!well is to believe in human because can do many incredibly fenomeno!

Best wishes for .....

zarkinos
Hi sakis1,
The schematic you see above is not fake.
This circuit is exactly what you will find if you open and look inside the original factory produced locator.
Thousands of people bought this locator and used it to recover many metal things.
I have not read any reports which say that it works by the principle of NMR, and I do not believe NMR is the what gives it the ability to detect signals that other locators cannot detect.
I know for a fact that it works by the principle of transmitting VLF waves and has a receiver coil which monitors the signals in the air to find any anomalies.
I also know it uses IB methods which are so sensitive that it requires a separate nulling control in addition to the sensitivity control for the tuning.
I also see the designer took precautions to stabilize the circuit for temperature compensation to help keep the signal from drifting.
But I see no NMR sections anywhere in this schematic.

If you want to believe this is a fake schematic, then you may believe it is fake and you will have no reason to do anything.
But this is exactly the kind of schematic that kahyal asked for, and that many other LRL experimenters have been looking for.

Nobody has any reason to prove it works or not.
This is only for hobbyists who want to experiment with it or to use the original circuit to make modifications.
It is a factory produced metal locator that has a long history of locating many kinds of buried metals.
I have read reports of hundreds of treasures that people have recovered when using this locator from the factory without using any extra pin-pointers or other locators.
Many of these treasures and other metal items were photographed, and some were even posted online.
But most of the recoveries were made 30-40 years ago before the internet was working.
This was at a time when there were more treasures to find before treasure hunters removed many of them.
And I have verified this locator can detect strange signals from very long distance that other modern locators do not detect.
The only question I have is how far can it locate a gold or silver buried treasure.
I have not seen any verified tests to show this distance.

But I know very certainly this schematic is not fake, because there is at least one electronic engineer who has the original factory version that he configured into a PD.
He can prove the circuit is exactly as we can see inside his original factory locator.
But more importantly, this engineer can demonstrate that it will ALWAYS pass a double blind test to prove that it works.
It will always locate the treasure to find which of 10 paper plates it is hidden under when it is used as recommended by the factory instructions.
Not 7 times when making 10 trials, --- 10 times when making 10 trials.
And no pin pointer is needed.
This locator will always find the location within 10cm or closer to the exact point of recovery.

Also, you showed a very interesting video. Congratulations.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-12-2012, 06:04 AM

Hi j_player,I did not say is false schematic! I have this schematic in this video and just did the rear of coil NMR fenomeno!And I know that works very well (SCHEMATIC) why I did this. have a good day>zarkinos
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi sakis1,
The schematic you see above is not fake.
This circuit is exactly what you will find if you open and look inside the original factory produced locator.
Thousands of people bought this locator and used it to recover many metal things.
I have not read any reports which say that it works by the principle of NMR, and I do not believe NMR is the what gives it the ability to detect signals that other locators cannot detect.
I know for a fact that it works by the principle of transmitting VLF waves and has a receiver coil which monitors the signals in the air to find any anomalies.
I also know it uses IB methods which are so sensitive that it requires a separate nulling control in addition to the sensitivity control for the tuning.
I also see the designer took precautions to stabilize the circuit for temperature compensation to help keep the signal from drifting.
But I see no NMR sections anywhere in this schematic.

If you want to believe this is a fake schematic, then you may believe it is fake and you will have no reason to do anything.
But this is exactly the kind of schematic that kahyal asked for, and that many other LRL experimenters have been looking for.

Nobody has any reason to prove it works or not.
This is only for hobbyists who want to experiment with it or to use the original circuit to make modifications.
It is a factory produced metal locator that has a long history of locating many kinds of buried metals.
I have read reports of hundreds of treasures that people have recovered when using this locator from the factory without using any extra pin-pointers or other locators.
Many of these treasures and other metal items were photographed, and some were even posted online.
But most of the recoveries were made 30-40 years ago before the internet was working.
This was at a time when there were more treasures to find before treasure hunters removed many of them.
And I have verified this locator can detect strange signals from very long distance that other modern locators do not detect.
The only question I have is how far can it locate a gold or silver buried treasure.
I have not seen any verified tests to show this distance.

But I know very certainly this schematic is not fake, because there is at least one electronic engineer who has the original factory version that he configured into a PD.
He can prove the circuit is exactly as we can see inside his original factory locator.
But more importantly, this engineer can demonstrate that it will ALWAYS pass a double blind test to prove that it works.
It will always locate the treasure to find which of 10 paper plates it is hidden under when it is used as recommended by the factory instructions.
Not 7 times when making 10 trials, --- 10 times when making 10 trials.
And no pin pointer is needed.
This locator will always find the location within 10cm or closer to the exact point of recovery.

Also, you showed a very interesting video. Congratulations.

Best wishes,
J_P

Hi J_Player
I am interesting know , what was in practical test result for that engineer?
Is he or she member in geotech?
Best regards.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi j_player,I did not say is false schematic! I have this schematic in this video and just did the rear of coil NMR fenomeno!And I know that works very well (SCHEMATIC) why I did this. have a good day>zarkinos

Hi sakis1
NMR????????????? Please explain more about your theory .
And , are you found long buried metals with your pd??
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aft_72005 View Post
Hi J_Player
I am interesting know , what was in practical test result for that engineer?
Is he or she member in geotech?
Best regards.
Hi Aft,
I read these reports some years ago in a forum that is no longer online.
So it is hard for me to remember all details.
From best I can remember, the engineer is also a Geotech member.
He posted photos of his adaptation of this original factory locator to a pistol configuration in the forum that is no longer online.
I saw his photos of the circuit boards with components.
I could read every resistor color code, and see all the capacitors on the board.
This is how I know the circuit is not fake. It is unmodified, exactly as the factory designed it.
He said it was good for detecting most metals whether it is buried a long time or not.
He could also detect small metal things like coins in the air.
But he did not need to wait for the proper atmospheric conditions.
He was detecting on any day even if it is raining.

I try to remember the engineer's screen name from the other forum, but I remember he worked with a lot of electronic circuits,
I think he even helped with the electronic design for some commercial metal detector.
I remember he said he could point this locator in many directions and hear signals arrive which his other detectors did not detect.
But he did not report if he ever followed to find the exact source of the signals.
In fact, shortly after he showed his PD, he stopped making reports about it.
This is why I don't know the true distance that this locator can work.
I also remember he said there is no Faraday shield of any kind used on the coils in this locator.
I think this is important, because a Faraday shield can block much of the electric field component of incoming signals.
It will be good to hear from others who have experience with this design kept as the original factory circuit to see what distance they find.

I will try to find some of the original operating instructions for this locator.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi sakis,

Maybe I do not understand your words.
Maybe you meant to say that you can confirm this circuit is not fake.
This is the kind of report that I am interested to read about.

It seems like your version is changed to include your NMR modification.
Can you tell us about this NMR part?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Guru

Quote:

But he did not need to wait for the proper atmospheric conditions.
He was detecting on any day even if it is raining.
Did it suit well to all continents?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Did it suit well to all continents?
Hi WM6,
He only reported from the European area.
But this metal locator was originally sold in the USA by the thousands.
So I know from all the treasure recovery reports that it is working in the USA.
And I remember a report from Belgium and from South America that it was working in those places too.

Actually, I have not had a reason to even think about this locator for a long time until now when kahyal says help me- help me , i need a pistol detector project -schematic
Then, I soon learned that he would accept only a a pd that detectors metals --- not an electrostatic detector.
This is the only full schematic of a PD which detectors metals that I could think of.
So I try to remember from old forum posts that are no longer online.

It is good that I saved the circuit diagram.
I have had to correct this schematic several times to make it accurate for the original design.
There are several similar circuits which are modifications of this original factory design.
But I believe I have arrived at the original design using the original parts, or a close substitute part that will perform the same.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Hi sakis,

Maybe I do not understand your words.
Maybe you meant to say that you can confirm this circuit is not fake.
This is the kind of report that I am interested to read about.

It seems like your version is changed to include your NMR modification.
Can you tell us about this NMR part?

Best wishes,
J_P

Exactly this

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]does not change anything, as much for the nmr is the functionality in MRI[/COLOR]

look at google images for NMR

Sorry for the English language but I have forgotten somewhere!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Guru

Quote:

It is good that I saved the circuit diagram.
I have had to correct this schematic several times to make it accurate for the original design.
There are several similar circuits which are modifications of this original factory design.
But I believe I have arrived at the original design using the original parts, or a close substitute part that will perform the same.

Best wishes,
J_P
You done great work, thank you J_P.