Guru

Yes, it's ok
Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Guru

THANK YOU Mr FRANCO FOR YOUR HELP
Old 04-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Guru

Default some suggestions

with my last LRL (I think is the tenth) I had to change the value of two capacitors to make it working. The heart of all the LRL is the high gain part consists of TR2, TR3 and TR4; if the gain is too large this part goes into oscillation and it's very unstable, if instead the gain is too low, the phenomenon is not revealed.I use the type BC183C transistors because I own a lot, but you can use equivalent types (BC109C, BC209C, BC239C and so on) the important thing is that they are NPN silicon with high "beta" (suffix "C"). The RF gain of the amplifier,for a certain range of frequencies, depends on the value of C13 and C14, the lowest value = less amplification and vice versa. I suggest using instead C2, C3 and C4, a single capacitor of 1 pF and measure the output signal (TR5 emitter), if the DC signal is zero should be increased C13 and / or C14 until a stable signal (from 1 to 5V is not critical), if the signal is still zero with C13 = C14 = 100nF increase the value from 1 pF to 1.8pF and repeat the process. In my case I used 1.8pF, and C13 = 33nF, C14 = 10nF. If the signal is unstable even removing the capacitor 1pF must decrease C13 and / or C14.The important thing to point out is that of not increasing too much the value of the capacitor consisting of C2, C3 and C4 in order to obtain a signal at the outputas in this way is masked the low gain of the transistors. As I said the optimum value is 1 ... 2pF or less and it is for this reason that I used three capacitors connected in series, in fact, for example, two capacitors connected in series 1pF give a capacity of 0.5pF
Regards
Old 04-24-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdou2014 View Post
the output of TR5 is 2V , is it ok ?
i have got the same voltage .
Old 04-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Guru

1-when i turn threshold the leds will light one by one with a buzzer sound is it ok .
2-the output of TR5 is 2.7V and when i touch the antenna the signal didn't decrease, where i must seek for solve this problem .
Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Guru

What 'is the value of C2, C3 and C4 or individual capacitor you used?
Old 04-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Guru

uses a whip antenna or the antenna coil? for the tests is sufficient a piece of wire 30cm
Old 04-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Guru

C2=C3=C4= 1pF
Old 04-27-2015, 10:17 AM
Guru

If you remove C2, C3 and C4 there is still signal at the output? Touch the antenna is an empirically test so even if the signal does not decrease touching the antenna is possible that the LRL functions equally on the real ground.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:22 AM

Again an absurd plan and people who waste your time there!
The same device that is sold as a locator of electromagnetic waves.
و هموطنانی که فقط وقتشون رو در انجمن فلزجو برای ساخت این جور ابزارآلات بیهوده تلف میکنن
Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Guru

I have said several times that my LRL is basically a "RF sniffer" but that amplifies the signal generated by an internal oscillator, the frequency is between 3 and 10Mhz. Many of us deal with LRL for several years and there is definitely a "phenomenon" that in some way is output from metals buried by time. I do not want to convince anyone, and I do not sell anything, I only accept constructive criticism from those who have realized my LRL and not by those who after seeing the circuit says it's a waste of time. You're the one who loses time in this thread.
Regards
Old 04-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight View Post
Again an absurd plan and people who waste your time there!
The same device that is sold as a locator of electromagnetic waves.
و هموطنانی که فقط وقتشون رو در انجمن فلزجو برای ساخت این جور ابزارآلات بیهوده تلف میکنن
Personally I don't mind people wasting their own time designing and testing electronic LRLs. It's all part of the learning process, and it doesn't really cause any harm. However, L-rods are a different matter, as are blatant scams aimed at relieving others of their hard-earned money. Otherwise known as "wallet mining".
Old 04-30-2015, 04:38 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Personally I don't mind people wasting their own time designing and testing electronic LRLs. It's all part of the learning process, and it doesn't really cause any harm. However, L-rods are a different matter, as are blatant scams aimed at relieving others of their hard-earned money. Otherwise known as "wallet mining".
QIAOZHI! see you as an unbeliever of any projects.you thing is good electronic engineer your side vision for eletronic circuits.you should put your electronic knowledge showing the errors in each circuit.Long Range locators exist.i saw with my eyes!
Old 04-30-2015, 02:24 PM

Default that's right

Quote:
Originally Posted by folharin View Post
QIAOZHI! see you as an unbeliever of any projects.you thing is good electronic engineer your side vision for eletronic circuits.you should put your electronic knowledge showing the errors in each circuit.Long Range locators exist.i saw with my eyes!
i think all projects about long range that are without a primary source of propagation of electromagnetic waves are just a juck
Old 04-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by folharin View Post
The error are not in the electronic circuits per se, but in the underlying principle.

What did you actually see with your [own] eyes? Remember - even if you're skilled in the art of identifying instances of self-deception, self-delusion, and selective memory; your eyes can still deceive you. That's how conjuror's make their living.

An LRL can be used to identify a general area in which to search, but a metal detector is then used to pinpoint the target. Once a target is recovered, the glory goes to the LRL, and the metal detector is conveniently forgotten when the story is retold. You might as well throw a stone, and then search the area were the stone lands. You will achieve the same results.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:17 AM
Guru

But.. if there is n't metal detector and you locate the object with lrl????
Ohhh George... passed so many years but you did n't change your mind!!!!

Regards
Old 05-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
But.. if there is n't metal detector and you locate the object with lrl????
Ohhh George... passed so many years but you did n't change your mind!!!!

Regards

It seems that you have also not changed your mind.
So many experiments, but you still believe.

Science is not on your side.

If you manage to locate the object without a metal detector (Note: This very rarely happens), then you need to caste your mind back and remember all the empty holes.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Guru

Not exactly....
There are many times that i found objects only with lrl, also many times with the use of metal detectors any many times that i made empty holes.....
I have clear mind to see all .

Old 05-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Guru

I will make a summary of the advice I gave publicly on the forum and privately.
My LRL essentially consists of an oscillator, around TR1 and a stage with high gain, TR2, TR3 and TR4 that amplifies a small part of the signal supplied by TR1. In the absence of external disturbances the signal at the output is a stable DC voltage. The "heart" is around TR2, the resonant circuit formed by L1 / C10 is connected through C9 to the base of TR2 and in appearance a signal captured by the antenna should be amplified by TR2, TR3 and TR4, and then only a signal with a frequency equal to the resonance frequency could be amplified. But if this were true, there should be a radio station that creates a uniform field in a large area and independent of the direction of the receiving antenna, and I think it's unlikely. If we consider the signal provided by the oscillator it is applied to the base of TR2 and a part of it is brought to ground through C9, C10 and L1. If the output signal increases, that is, we are in the presence of the "phenomenon", it means that lowers the signal that goes to ground, perhaps because it increases the impedance of the resonant circuit L1 / C10.
For the sensor stage it’s better to use a double side PCB with the lower part that is connected to ground and this serves to prevent auto-oscillations. When you have finished building the sensor stage you have to disconnect C2, C3 and C4 and to measure the voltage at the output that must be zero, if not mean that there is too much amplification and you must reduce C13 and/or C14, for example 470pF or 390pF.
Afterwards check that TR1 oscillates at a frequency of quartz, at the TR1 emitter must be about 1 or 2V peak to peak or more, is not change C1 but often you do not need just the parasitic capacitance of the transistor. Then connected in place of C2, C3 and C4 a single capacitor 1pF and measure the voltage at the output that must be in the range 1-5 V DC. If the voltage is more than 5V connect C2 and C3 in serie (we have 0.5pF). if the voltage is still too high connect also C4. If the voltage is zero with the 1pF capacitor necessary to increase the gain by increasing C13 and/or C14. As regards the display stage, with P1 adjusts the threshold and with P2 the gain of IC1A. P2 may be a trimmer to adjust only once so that with P1 a maximum there is not the effect compass.
As for the transistors are all of the type BC183C, this is because I have a lot of it, but I think any type equivalent is fine, the important thing is that they are of the type "C" that is, with great amplification (high beta).
The LRL is not a metal detector and it does not behave as such. The maximum sensitivity is walking from south to north, it is minimal walking from north to south and is average walking from west to east and vice versa. During the search, the antenna must be parallel to the ground but as it approaches the target you may have to tilt it down. Just above the target signal disappears to reappear walking past the target. I hope this will be useful for those who have already built my LRL and for those who plan to build. I ask you only to let me know of your findings.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2015, 05:05 AM
Guru

Hi Franco.
Did you measured the beta of bc183C that you use???

Regards
Old 05-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Guru

Hi Geo,
The beta it's in the range 400-600.

Best Regards
Old 05-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Guru

HI Franco i built an auther version of your LRL ( CD4046 + LM358 ) .The output (TR4 EMITTER ) = 1.2 V And when i turn P2 the signal amplitude does not increase . it gives always 1.2 V same by removing C8 and C9 . is it ok
Old 05-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Guru

The CD4046 version is not equal to quartz version, infact there is not 2 rectifier diodes and TR5. At TR4 emitter you measure 1.2V DC and this is correct. You must have at TR4 collector (point X) about 2-6V peak to peak and of course you must have a scope. With quartz version at TR5 emitter you have a voltage proportional to AC voltage at TR4 collector. If you don't have a scope you can build the TR5 stage and use this as a monitor or you can use this as output for the following stage, to do this you have to disconnect R3 from pin 2 of CD4046 and connect at TR5 emitter.

Regards
Old 05-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Guru

thank you ,why when I touch the antenna LED not light , I saw a video of your lrl the led lights when the hand is near the antenna !! how I should test it ??
Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Guru

when you touch the antenna the signal goes down, set the led on (not too much) and touch the antenna, the led goes off.