LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Sorry, I don't talk about my treasure projects. As for drug usage, I just did a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen earlier this month (got the job). I guess I can understand you are envious of my locating ability. You funny.

Just like Jesus said that anyone could perform the miracles He did, if only you had as much faith as in His little finger. Also He said you need to frame questions for a yes/no answer. From what many people think, he went to India and became a Yoga master. There were about fifteen years unaccounted for in His life and this is about the normal amount of time needed for that. He was able to transcend the physical world. I'm starting to see how the skeptic and atheist are intertwined
There are tricks to pass the screens and got the job...

But the best is pass them when under drugz...

You need to be more "creative" Mike...

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Fun discussion, beats working...

I'm open to dowsing, but not for selling to others unless some kind of proven results, otherwise unethical.

I can imagine many ways dowsing can be "real". For example, dowsers may be good at finding "caches" hidden by other people. Why? Because they have an innate ability to guess where other people prefer to hide something. I'm sure people do not randomly pick places to hide caches -- they use some decision making process. Dowsers are very intuitive and can essentially project themselves into the mind-set of the hider, and make good guesses where it might be hidden.

Dowsers may also have a natural intuition about looking at the land and guessing where minerals might deposit or collect during the geological processes -- especially water flow.

Could dowsers be picking up other signals from the environment that help improve their guessing ability? Why not.

Dowsing may be a lot of fun -- after all, going outside and hunting is the real fun of metal detecting. The thrill of finding something adds to it, whether it was by accident or design. Dowsers surely find things occasionally, so it's got to be fun.

However, if you want to sell dowsing to other people for personal gain, I feel you ethically need to back up any claims you make with some sort of proof. If all you claim is that it is fun -- no problem!

On the other hand, enough people are skeptical of dowsing that to some degree the warnings are out there, and if you like to spend money to join a spiritual community -- ok, go ahead. It's like joining a church and putting money in the collection plate -- nobody proves God, yet many people do it for the value of being part of the spirtual community.

So non-believers don't need to bash dowsers too violently -- just keep doing scientific tests of dowsing and publishing the results so the general public is well-informed. And I would hope that dowsing marketers be honest and up-front about their claims - more disclaimers (your results may be different), etc.

But this is boring... so back to flame-throwing, much more entertaining!

-SB
Old 10-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
Fun discussion, beats working...

I'm open to dowsing, but not for selling to others unless some kind of proven results, otherwise unethical.

I can imagine many ways dowsing can be "real". For example, dowsers may be good at finding "caches" hidden by other people. Why? Because they have an innate ability to guess where other people prefer to hide something. I'm sure people do not randomly pick places to hide caches -- they use some decision making process. Dowsers are very intuitive and can essentially project themselves into the mind-set of the hider, and make good guesses where it might be hidden.

Dowsers may also have a natural intuition about looking at the land and guessing where minerals might deposit or collect during the geological processes -- especially water flow.

Could dowsers be picking up other signals from the environment that help improve their guessing ability? Why not.

Dowsing may be a lot of fun -- after all, going outside and hunting is the real fun of metal detecting. The thrill of finding something adds to it, whether it was by accident or design. Dowsers surely find things occasionally, so it's got to be fun.

However, if you want to sell dowsing to other people for personal gain, I feel you ethically need to back up any claims you make with some sort of proof. If all you claim is that it is fun -- no problem!

On the other hand, enough people are skeptical of dowsing that to some degree the warnings are out there, and if you like to spend money to join a spiritual community -- ok, go ahead. It's like joining a church and putting money in the collection plate -- nobody proves God, yet many people do it for the value of being part of the spirtual community.

So non-believers don't need to bash dowsers too violently -- just keep doing scientific tests of dowsing and publishing the results so the general public is well-informed. And I would hope that dowsing marketers be honest and up-front about their claims - more disclaimers (your results may be different), etc.

But this is boring... so back to flame-throwing, much more entertaining!

-SB
Hi simonbaker,

The argument against dowsing has been known for a long time. The argument is "if it works, then show us it working".
There are no dowsers submitting their "dowsing abilities" to scientific testing.
Why?
Because It makes them look silly when witnesses observe they can't dowse after hearing all their diatribe of how dowsing works.
The bashing you see here is mostly cases where some personal artifacts crept into the forum posts. But the argument remains the same:
If a person can dowse, then demonstrate it instead of talking about it.
People in a technical forum like to see a technically correct test of dowsing, like a double blind test, for example. Yet none of the self-proclaimed dowsers has ever demonstrated their dowsing abilities in front of witnesses from this forum to show that dowsing works.

Let's suppose Mike(Mont) is correct... that everyone has the ability, and it is an act of faith that will allow us to succeed.
Then send the faithful dowser to demonstrate how their faith allows them to dowse.

Or suppose dowsing supporters are correct when they say it works by using natural biological equipment in their body. Then let those supporters demonstrate how their natural biological equipment allows them to dowse.

Or suppose those who say only a few gifted people can dowse. Then send one of these gifted people to demonstrate how their gift allows them to dowse.

The fact is not a single person on earth has ever come to demonstrate dowsing to locate a hidden object to the people they try to convince in this forum.
Doesn't this make dowsing seem like a suspicious proposition?
Does it work as well as a Ouija board?
Does it work as well as holding a weather vane to see which way the wind blows the arrow?
We will never know because none of the self-proclaimed dowsing experts will demonstrate it to work.

I wouldn't worry about people getting challenged in this forum.
Remember the rules for this forum:

Rules are still simple:
  • You must be a registered user to post here. Guests may read.
  • Be polite. Name calling will get you banned quickly.
  • Be factual. If you make an extraordinary claim, be prepared to get challenged.
If somebody wants a good bashing, they know all they have to do is come here and make some extraordinary claims, then refuse to substantiate them. This is like a free therapy forum for people seeking masochism. Maybe it does some good. Maybe the people who come here feel they need a good bashing as punishment for something really bad they did. Or maybe they just get a feeling of fulfillment when they see people laugh at their ideas. Who knows?

They certainly have the option to not post here, or to post their dowsing claims in other forums where people don't expect them to substantiate anything they say. I guess this what makes some people happy. Maybe they like hearing the challenges.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi simonbaker,

<< things snipped >>

If somebody wants a good bashing, they know all they have to do is come here and make some extraordinary claims, then refuse to substantiate them. This is like a free therapy forum for people seeking masochism. Maybe it does some good. Maybe the people who come here feel they need a good bashing as punishment for something really bad they did. Or maybe they just get a feeling of fulfillment when they see people laugh at their ideas. Who knows?

They certainly have the option to not post here, or to post their dowsing claims in other forums where people don't expect them to substantiate anything they say. I guess this what makes some people happy. Maybe they like hearing the challenges.

Best wishes,
J_P
There is one other motive for posting here; some of the LRL sellers like to keep their name (and mention of their dowsing contraptions) popping up in dowsing forums. They do this as a part of their marketing scheme, and thus obtain free advertising. Their hope is that one or more gullible and technically-challenged individual will actually believe their wild claims and result in a future sale.

And, at the prices they charge for their contraptions, do-nothing frequency generators, paint-roller handles and PVC plumbing fittings - it only takes one fool with more money than common sense; to net them a handsome profit.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
There is one other motive for posting here; some of the LRL sellers like to keep their name (and mention of their dowsing contraptions) popping up in dowsing forums. They do this as a part of their marketing scheme, and thus obtain free advertising. Their hope is that one or more gullible and technically-challenged individual will actually believe their wild claims and result in a future sale.

And, at the prices they charge for their contraptions, do-nothing frequency generators, paint-roller handles and PVC plumbing fittings - it only takes one fool with more money than common sense; to net them a handsome profit.
Oh yeah!

Holy words!

And I will add the pendulum things to the list... the stuff Dell use to pinpoint treasures from his armchair...

"

someone said...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Guru

Sorry, I would never sell my magic needle & Thread pendulum for less than 10 cents, and you pay the shipping costs.

I read that Scientist conducting the latest brain wave studies have concluded that humans are psychic on a sub-conscious level. I don't argue with science, just serve as an example. Dell
Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Sorry, I would never sell my magic needle & Thread pendulum for less than 10 cents, and you pay the shipping costs.

Dell
....and did you forget the 20% Restocking Fee on any and all refunds???

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders

I read that Scientist conducting the latest brain wave studies have concluded that humans are psychic on a sub-conscious level. I don't argue with science, just serve as an example. Dell
Ummm....
Will you sell an Omnitron Pro-4 frequency discriminator for 10 cents if I pay the shipping costs?

ps. I think I am psychic on a subconscious level: Answer to my question is -- No. Correct?

Best wishes,

J_P
Old 10-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Guru

Quote:
....and did you forget the 20% Restocking Fee on any and all refunds???
You are confusing me with your friends who sell metal detectors. I don charge restocking fees. Dell
Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Please supply the source of your information regarding these so-called "latest brain wave studies". Otherwise it is just hearsay ... or, as the Chinese say it: "tingshuo" ( 听说).
Old 10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Guru

Default dell you are a good snake oil man

Quote:

ALL I CAN SAY YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Guru

Quote:
Please supply the source of your information regarding these so-called "latest brain wave studies". Otherwise it is just hearsay ... or, as the Chinese say it: "tingshuo"
If you don't experience it for your self, everything you read, or hear, is hearsay.

A few years ago some one posted on TNET that they found Gold, with an Omnitron, and posted a bunch of photos. It was reported to be Spanish, circa 1623, totaling 97 pounds.

Since neither of us personally experienced it, it is just hearsay. Right?
Dell
Old 10-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
If you don't experience it for your self, everything you read, or hear, is hearsay.

A few years ago some one posted on TNET that they found Gold, with an Omnitron, and posted a bunch of photos. It was reported to be Spanish, circa 1623, totaling 97 pounds.

Dell
What else ?

"

someone said...
Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Guru

Quote:
Dell
Since there is no physical way an Omnitron dowsing contraption could contribute to the find; if the the gold was in fact found, it would have been found anyway without the use of a dowsing contraption. In other words, it was merely happenstance the finder owned an Omnitron.

Like when someone goes to dig in their garden to plant something and they stumble onto a buried Mason jar of coins, secreted by a previous owner.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Please supply the source of your information regarding these so-called "latest brain wave studies". Otherwise it is just hearsay ... or, as the Chinese say it: "tingshuo" ( 听说).
Quote:

Dell
In other words ... you are unable to substantiate your claim that the "latest brain wave studies" concluded that humans are psychic on a subconscious level.

Perhaps you imagined the whole thing.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Guru

Quote:
Since there is no physical way an Omnitron dowsing contraption could contribute to the find;
Were you there? Stupid is, as stupid thinks. Dell
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Guru

Quote:
Were you there? Stupid is, as stupid thinks. Dell
Being present during the "find"(?) is not a requirement. Knowing the Omnitron played no role in the find(?) comes from the fact that I already know what the Omnitron does not do.

Chief among the things it does not do, is aid the searcher in a positive way whatsoever.

It would have the same influence as carrying a stone in your pocket.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Guru

Quote:
Being present during the "find"(?) is not a requirement. Knowing the Omnitron played no role in the find(?) comes from the fact that I already know what the Omnitron does not do.

Chief among the things it does not do, is aid the searcher in a positive way whatsoever.

Theseus, your stupidity is showing. In thousands of acres of wilderness, how could they possibly know what direction to go, and know exactly where to stop directly over the target and dig there? Chance Guessing? Only in your hallucinations.

"Stupid is, as Stupid thinks and does, and you are certainly the Geotech poster boy for stupidity. Dell
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Guru (Administrator)

This is the third time of asking Dell this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
In other words ... you are unable to substantiate your claim that the "latest brain wave studies" concluded that humans are psychic on a subconscious level.

Perhaps you imagined the whole thing.
Is your selective memory at work again, or are you just incapable of answering this simple question?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi
This is the third time of asking Dell this question:

Is your selective memory at work again, or are you just incapable of answering this simple question?
Maybe Dell conducted the studies and made the conclusions?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Guru

Quote:

Theseus, your stupidity is showing. In thousands of acres of wilderness, how could they possibly know what direction to go, and know exactly where to stop directly over the target and dig there? Chance Guessing? Only in your hallucinations.

"Stupid is, as Stupid thinks and does, and you are certainly the Geotech poster boy for stupidity. Dell
Your attention and childish retorts to my remarks indicates I have scored another direct hit on your scam schemes. I am elated! Thank you for the honest feedback; it helps me to tailor and shape my future comments so they will have maximum effect.

But I really don't deserve all the credit, there are several others here who can read you like an open book and are well aware of your feeble tactics to take advantage of the gullible and technically-challenged.

Speaking of stupidity...... probably a little analogy is in order. If basic stupidity were a teacup, you would be the Hoover Dam.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Maybe Dell conducted the studies and made the conclusions?

Best wishes,
J_P
This has been his MO for a very long time now. He is good at making all kinds of assertions and then never backing them up when fairly questioned.

Dell has got more dance steps than an Arthur Murray instructor.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post

Sad, in a way, when someone has to use an internet forum such as TreasureNet as a reference.

There have been reports on TreasureNet that the lost city of Atlantis has been found by one of its members, that a legendarily lost silver mine in Mexico has been found by one of its members, that a large Knights of the Golden Circle depository has been found by one of its members. There are also members reporting finds in regards to the Yama****a legend in the Philippines.

The thing about TreasureNet…is that you are allowed to post the most outlandish claims of finding treasure…and the membership is not allowed to dispute that claim.

The only thing that is not reported on TreasureNet is Dell Winders bogus LRL devices. The owner has warned Dell Winders he will no longer be allowed to post there (read: banned) should he enter a discussion about his LRL products, or try to slip in links to his website.

That speaks volumes…when the largest treasure hunting forum on the internet threatens Dell Winders with being banished because of his woo products.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Sad, in a way, when someone has to use an internet forum such as TreasureNet as a reference.

There have been reports on TreasureNet that the lost city of Atlantis has been found by one of its members, that a legendarily lost silver mine in Mexico has been found by one of its members, that a large Knights of the Golden Circle depository has been found by one of its members. There are also members reporting finds in regards to the Yama****a legend in the Philippines.

The thing about TreasureNet…is that you are allowed to post the most outlandish claims of finding treasure…and the membership is not allowed to dispute that claim.

The only thing that is not reported on TreasureNet is Dell Winders bogus LRL devices. The owner has warned Dell Winders he will no longer be allowed to post there (read: banned) should he enter a discussion about his LRL products, or try to slip in links to his website.

That speaks volumes…when the largest treasure hunting forum on the internet threatens Dell Winders with being banished because of his woo products.

In other words ... we will never get a sensible answer regarding references to these so-called "latest brainwave studies".
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Guru

Quote:
Please supply the source of your information regarding these so-called "latest brain wave studies". Otherwise it is just hearsay ... or, as the Chinese say it: "tingshuo"
I did point out the stupidity, and hypocrisy of your lame comment, when you rationalize that anything posted by someone other than your self, or your cohorts as being nothing more than hearsay.

Sadly, because of your mentality, "The door to knowledge and new ideas is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind". Dell