LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitopios View Post

150khz-3Mhz = 100mW

Do you think its enough power or we need more , about 10 , 20 or 50 watts??
Attention!!!

In most countries such thinghs are not allowed (are prohibited), and you may be accused of terrorist acts in the field of (radio) communications.

Ultimately, this will not detect anything, but you will be easily detected by the law enforcement authorities.

The only allowed are such experiments and devices in field of audio frequencies (see schematic in post #269).
Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Default ELF frequencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivconic View Post
1W on 150kHz is H U G E power!
I don't see a need for such power?
dear ivconic
you mean that if from 100mW I can make it 2watts , its terra HUGE power

dear WM6
dont worry , they watch us and they can hear us every day-every minute , so dont worry for 1 or 2 watts in such frequencies
always friendly epitopios
Old 10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitopios View Post

so dont worry for 1 or 2 watts in such frequencies
By 100mW output power you cause radio interference in the entire short-wave (SW), middle-wave (MW) and long-wave (LW) spectrum of radio frequencies at least in circle od 8km around, by 2W output power you generate disturbancies in entire SW/LW/MW radio spectrum at least 50km around.

And you dont worry about?
Old 10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Guru

Default Warning - EMI Producing Devices Are Regulated in Most Countries

Government regulations in the US and many other countries prohibit electronic products from emitting EMI that could interfere with radio and television receivers.

European regulations also include EMI immunity levels. Manufacturers of commercial electronic products generally contend with several types of EMI problems.
Suppression of internally generated signals to prevent excessive levels of radiated and/or conducted emissions, is just one.

The FCC in the United States, CSA in Canada, VCCI in Japan, AUSTEL in Australia, and legislation by EU (European Union) member countries all set certain standards for EMI emission levels that commercial electronic devices must meet before being sold in those countries. Many electronic products sold in the US must be tested and verified or certified for compliance with the FCC’s Part 15 regulations.

And, yes... even metal detectors and long range locating devices must conform.

Naturally, an individual experimenter could probably get away with regulations violations for quite a time, especially if their operation was sporadic and the device was not being offered to the public on a commercial basis.

Why do you think a lot of LRLs are self powered (free energy), or contain do-nothing circuits, or are simple 555 timer circuits that really don't radiate anything in the way of usable energy. This way the LRL scammer Wallet-miners can sell the products commercially and avoid having to comply with the FCC Part 15 regulations.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Guru

Wanna talk serious?

http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii/lf/tx200w.htm
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivconic View Post
That is an amateur radio transmitter and it requires a license to operate. Even so, the licensee is bound by rules that limit the amount of spurious radiations and interference that might result from any transmissions. Plus, transmitted frequencies MUST only be in the bands allotted for amateur radio transmissions.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-10-2009, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by epitopios

150khz-3Mhz = 100mW

They did not have any knowledge of what is to transmit ...they did not know nothing of the international rules of Fcc for radio transmission and nothing on how to adjust a simple dipole antenna but they are the kings of LRL!!!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexismex View Post
Originally Posted by epitopios

150khz-3Mhz = 100mW

They did not have any knowledge of what is to transmit ...they did not know nothing of the international rules of Fcc for radio transmission and nothing on how to adjust a simple dipole antenna but they are the kings of LRL!!!!!
Whatever.....

If they are in fact the kings of LRL, it is not because of transmitted frequencies or the power levels of such transmissions. I hate to be the one to reveal this to you; but frequencies and power levels have nothing to do with long range locators.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus
Whatever.....

If they are in fact the kings of LRL, it is not because of transmitted frequencies or the power levels of such transmissions. I hate to be the one to reveal this to you; but frequencies and power levels have nothing to do with long range locators.
Ummmm...
Does this mean we need to practice treasure ideas and motor skills?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Ummmm...
Does this mean we need to practice treasure ideas and motor skills?

Best wishes,
J_P
Well, I don't know if that would be a viable (and lucrative) alternative or not.

But certainly the MFD/LRL theory(?) or concept is completely baseless, having no validity and is essentially bogus in all respects. It was originally conceived strictly as a marketing scheme to sell a few gullible people, the practice of dowsing, disguised as having a relationship to real physics and science. Of course there are no real ties to actual science, but the idea seemed to appeal to a few technically-challenged, and ergo; a new cottage industry was born.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM

Hello theseus,
I say they are the Kings in LRL because they did not know nothing about nothing in fcy, power,antenna, etc.....
Many years ago i make a qsl contact at 11000 km in radio amateur band (20meters) with only 10 Watts in Blu and 2 watt in telegraphy
Old 10-11-2009, 06:16 AM

Default LF Frequencies-WM6

There is a license free band of 160-190 K.C. that allows you to use 1 watt and a 50' antenna. I operated on those frequencies for a solid 15 years using SSB,CW,AMTOR,and RTTY with good results. It's an amazing band with incredible ground coverage.

Randy-WD6ELU
Old 10-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Default low frequencies - low power

IARU REGION 1 HF BAND PLAN – Effective 29th March 2009
FREQUENCY (kHz)
MAX BANDWIDTH (Hz)
PREFERRED MODE AND USAGE
135.7 – 137.8
CW, QRSS and narrow band digital modes
RR 5.67A Stations in the amateur service using frequencies in the band 135.7-137.8 kHz shall not exceed a maximum radiated power of 1 W (e.i.r.p.) and shall not cause harmful interference to stations of the radionavigation service operating in countries listed in No. 5.67. (WRC-07)
RR 5.67B The use of the band 135.7-137.8 kHz in Algeria, Egypt, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Lebanon, Syrian Arab Republic, Sudan and Tunisia is limited to the fixed and maritime mobile services. The amateur service shall not be used in the above-mentioned countries in the band 135.7-137.8 kHz, and this should be taken into account by the countries authorising such use. (WRC-07)
Old 10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post
There is a license free band of 160-190 K.C. that allows you to use 1 watt and a 50' antenna. I operated on those frequencies for a solid 15 years using SSB,CW,AMTOR,and RTTY with good results. It's an amazing band with incredible ground coverage.

Randy-WD6ELU
Sounds like a wonderful candidate for LRL experimentation - so long as you can be content with a Gold or Silver frequency that falls in 160 to 190 kHz range. (?)

Think I'm beginning to understand why most of the early LRL/MFD experimenters chose convenient frequencies in the upper audio ranges, like 3 to 10 thousand CYCLES. They are also easy to generate with a simple NE555 timer circuit.

Of course plugging the output of an NE555 timer circuit directly into the ground and expecting something to happen to a gold or silver target a few hundred yards (or a few inches) from the probes is total lunacy. Hence, the only thing that could be observed from the Receiver Rods, was the operators own ideomotor response, and an indication of Gravity.

However, if you couple that little do-nothing circuit with a nice pair of bent L-rods and a generous helping of pseudo-science gobbly-gook.... BINGO! a Wallet-miner is born.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Guru

Deductive reasoning is not guaranteed to be accurate, and inductive reasoning is not always inaccurate, but deductive reasoning is used by science, right or wrong. Inductive reasoning is never used. It's easy to confuse/misunderstand the basics when you have a biased, negative, skeptical mindset. What I see is people trying to force their interpretation of radio theory on the MFD type locators. They also underestimate or completely discount the abilities of the human nervous system of a skilled dowser/locator. I can understand the mentality of "I tried it and it doesn't work, therefore it won't work for ANYONE else." Quite revealing.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Deductive reasoning is not guaranteed to be accurate, and inductive reasoning is not always inaccurate, but deductive reasoning is used by science, right or weong. Inductive reasoning is never used. It's easy to confuse/misunderstand the basics when you have a biased, negative, skeptical mindset. What I see is people trying to force their interpretation of radio theory on the MFD type locators. They also underestimate the abilities of the human nervous system of a skilled dowser/locator. I can understand the mentality of "I tried it and it doesn't work, therefore it won't work for ANYONE else." Quite revealing.
Type of reasoning, biased or skeptical mindset have nothing to with and cannot influence the facts of real physical science. Likewise a pie-in-the-sky outlook with occult pseudoscience beliefs cannot influence or change the facts of real physical science.

The output of an NE555 trigger circuit when plugged into the ground is what it is. A gimmick to rob cash from the gullible and technically-challenged. I'm sorry you were victimized by clever wallet-miners, but it only takes a few like yourself to fund the coffers of these scam artists. It is literally what they bank on.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seden View Post

Randy-WD6ELU
Yes, Randy, congratulations, but this not mean that one can produce frequencies disturbing other communications inside or outside such amateur radio band, no matter AR license is required or not required (like in CB radio).

There is huge difference between unintentional (in most cases parasitic EMI of working devices) and intentional producing of EMI. Intentional producing of EMI can be treated by law as form of terrorist attack.

Modern communications law is crafted by the International Telecommunications Union (“ITU”), a specialized UN Agency for information communication technologies.114 Article 35 of the ITU Charter prohibits “harmful interference” defined in Annex 2 as “interference which endangers the functioning of a radio navigation service or of other safety services or seriously degrades, obstructs or repeatedly interrupts a radio communication service operating in accordance with the Radio Regulations.”

And this is not something new, still USA Communications Act of 1934 provided:
(c) The manufacture, assembly, or installation of radiofrequency devices for its own use by a public utility engaged in providing electric service: Provided, however, That
no such devise shall be operated if it causes harmful interference to radio communications.

Quite similar regulations of this area, or even more restrictive, are also known in other countries.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Guru

To claim it's all ideomotor is not what I call "sound physics". That's phony logic. And to claim an MFD signal can't be detected "more than a few inches" is as bogus as you are.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Guru

Default 150khz-3Mhz = 100mW

Ok I want to look at this some more?
Let see 150000hz-3000000hz= -2850000Hz
so a -2850000hz=100mw
so if my signal unit can go from 0 to X hzs
How do I get a -hz
Some one help me,please help me
All I need is Hz to get Watts?
So if I can get a GHZ can I run my house off it.
All I need is 20kw for heating and cooling etc
I must relearn electronics
P=IE or do I get the pie in the face
So PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME LEARN THIS NEW ELECTRONICS
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
To claim it's all ideomotor is not what I call "sound physics". That's phony logic. And to claim an MFD signal can't be detected "more than a few inches" is as bogus as you are.
Let's see some proof and data to back up your kitchen chemistry theories:
  1. Demonstrate how the output of an NE555 timer circuit, when plugged into the ground, has any influence on a metal target 10" away.
  2. Show the, as yet unexplainable and unseen, forces that cause an L-rod to move and indicate gravity, if not as a result of an ideomotor response.
Demonstrate for all of us your sound physics that validate your kitchen chemistry theories. Please!

Then we can all determine who is the bogus one here.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus
Let's see some proof and data to back up your kitchen chemistry theories:
  1. Demonstrate how the output of an NE555 timer circuit, when plugged into the ground, has any influence on a metal target 10" away.
  2. Show the, as yet unexplainable and unseen, forces that cause an L-rod to move and indicate gravity, if not as a result of an ideomotor response.
Demonstrate for all of us your sound physics that validate your kitchen chemistry theories. Please!

Then we can all determine who is the bogus one here.
Hmmmm....
I don't see any demonstrations of a timer circuit having an influence on targets 10 feet away.
I don't see any demonstrations of unexplainable and unseen forces that cause an L-rod to move....

Shhhhh..... I hear the sound of silence...

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-12-2009, 03:29 AM
Guru

I didn't realize how close-minded you are. The human body and mind is the most sensitive piece of equipment. It transcends science. I thought you were smart enough to know this. Now I think otherwise. I really doubt you can think for yourself.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont)
I didn't realize how close-minded you are. The human body and mind is the most sensitive piece of equipment. It transcends science. I thought you were smart enough to know this. Now I think otherwise. I really doubt you can think for yourself.
Hi Mike(Mont),
I don't know who you are addressing when you say "I didn't realize how close-minded you are". Maybe you are talking to Theseus, or maybe me, or maybe all people who don't believe exactly as you do. But I don't think I see close-minded people posting here except maybe you.

For example, Theseus is essentially saying his mind is open to the possibility that 555 timers can put out enough power to influence a metal target 10" away. His mind is also open to "unexplainable and unseen, forces that cause an L-rod to move" even if not as a result of an ideamotor response too. He has opened his mind to these possibilities against the overwhelming body of scientific evidence that says it is all smoke and mirrors. All that he asks is to show a demonstration of either of these phenomena so he will have some reason to believe, in the absence of scientific proof.

I also agree. I would like to believe all that you say, and since there is no scientific proof, I would also like to see some live demonstrations of it working so I will have a reason to believe too. So far, the dowsing demonstrations I have seen convinced me the rods were moving by random motions induced by the dowser's arm muscles. Of course, I must have been watching fake dowsers. So why not put on a live demonstration to show how metal is located by a real dowser?

Is your mind closed to backing up what you say with reality... live in front of skeptical witnesses?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
The human body and mind is the most sensitive piece of equipment. It transcends science.
Only to those who are convinced that medieval mystical practices, such as dowsing, are more than a "trick of the mind".

The only closed minds are those of the dowsing fraternity who do not listen to the voice of reason. There is overwhelming evidence against dowsing, as proven conclusively in numerous properly controlled double-blind tests. Other less scientific approaches, such as so-called "field testing", is open to human error and self-deception, and is not a scientifically viable method. You are free to believe in dowsing and other related mystical nonsense if you wish, but a truly open-minded person would give up those beliefs in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Trust either your "easily fooled" "transcending-science" human mind (and keep it in its obviously completely closed state) or the double-blind test results ... it's your choice.

Last edited by Qiaozhi; 10-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Guru

Well, Mike.....

....seems we are all waiting on you.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed