Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Guru

Hi Morgan,
thanks for info.
My skepticism goes to the device tecnhology explanations, not about you
Here goes the last circuit , PCB3.
I think there is small mistakes:
-near T4 collector a connection is probably missing, a wire maybe?
-the diode in parallel to c4/r7 etc has no reference

Thanks!
PS: i really dont see the point of the presence of R12 on thi PCB instead of PCB2....more wires for nothing?
One more thing: i think we can name the builder "Mr.Darlington" :-)

Regards.
Fred.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Guru

Default Misterious device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi Morgan,
I belive your words about the aluminium can and all the rest. You have done really good work with reverse engineering of device and that's pretty cool we can see now complete schematic of its boards. We can make an idea of operations but some pieces are missed till now... expecially about coil arrangements and composition. I think that if there is really IR emitter it will be inside the round thing on top of device; I guess also there is one or more round coils there. But maybe it isn't ; personally I think high voltage generator is not present in this device cause the absence of shields show us that cannot be so: I'm sure of that. I cannot see any suitable HV generation process inside or outside device in relation to targets.

Probably device is a kind of BFO with directive transmitter and coaxial receiver ; usually BFOs aren't any good but maybe this arrangement of pistol make it find cans meters away... so well after normal BFO ranges.

But we need some more bits to get the picture and replicate the device to test ourself. I hope you'll continue posting details of device , expecially enclosed things we haven't seen till now.

Merry Christmas,
Max
Hello
When this device is working and detect something,its possible to ear sometimes the strange noise like when we have a AC transformer working with noise,maybe this comes from inside Antenna?...I ear some noise of vibration inside this device.
3 of the 7 wires who goes into Antenna,these 3 are for sure a search loop (Red,white,and the other named antenna in circ.2,its shielded cable,like in Faraday shied used for old BFO MD´s)
MY ADVICE : MAYBE IF THERE IS NEW MACHINES TIPE DETEKTORPISTOL FOR SALE,DONT BUY IT,MAYBE ITS MORE GIZMOS,USING THE REPORTS I MADE FOR THIS ONE WHO WORKS !!!

Kind regards
Old 12-22-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hello

This device,not work very well in wet ground but works better in dry soil where its possible to find aluminium can 5m away and it was 40cm deep.After dig this aluminium can,i buried again and get beep only 1m away,so it happens the same with 0,5gr gold nugget,i get signal 2m away from antenna and today i buried 10cm into soil this little nugget and get signal only with antenna near the spot.So i believe in all Esteban information about energy field or eletromagnetic field around long time ago buried conductive metals...
Anyway,considering size of this antenna only 11cm diameter,with device very well adjusted,i have in air test distances superior to any MD that i know,i even cant adjust device at home,i must do it out side or it will be not sensitive because presence of metals near antenna.
Some curious test:
In air tests (using 3 position switch to normal search) reject only iron ,nail size,and its extremly sensitive to gold,much more than SD2200D!!!
Much better than russian prototipe( long range detector) who gets a lot of iron signals far away and with interferences because of power lines,with this detecktorpistol i never get iron targets when search in the fields.Unfortunly this one like very much aluminium and old batteries buried in ground maybe for some years,but he also likes GOLD!!!
So,my dear friends,even if we cant put this device working like LRL ,anyway if we put him to work as MD we have built an very sensitive device for GOLD HUNTING.And if we put biger coil,maybe we built some kind of LRL...
As i tell before,i´m a frustrating Mineoro client,i have DC2008 for sale,and i tell bad things about LRL Mineoro,i tell the true,you think this help me to sell this DC2008 device? No,but i like to tell the true about what i have experienced!!!
For all people in this forum,BELIEVE IT OR NOT,IT DOESNT MATTER FOR ME !!!
Merry Chrystmas and happy new year for everybody

Hey! This is in a way to much!
And dont worry, this will be my last post here. I just cant stand such nonsences any more.
I DONT BELEIVE A WORD TO YOU. SIMPLY, COSE I DO KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU ARE SPEAKING RUBBISH HERE!

"Aluminimum can ...5 m away..." !?!?! With device you posted here???
B.S. ...Mega B.S.....Terra B.S......!!!!
NONSENCE! NONSENCE! NONSENCE!

I am not tacken aback with you nonsences here, no! I am really tacken aback with other peoples good will to pay you attention, to listen you!!!????
Peoples like Max and Quiaozhi?????
No wonder Esteban is here with his attitude...!
BUT YES, IT IS WONDER THAT MAX's AND QUIAOZHI's DO TAKE A PART IN THIS HUGE B.S. ????

Good bye world! Good bye sanity! Good bye common sence! Good bye Forum!

Finally "they" won!? I lost...
Old 12-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Guru

these seems, how combination; bfos - radio filtred selectioned wave
why very much lines in the coil?

very ingenious

best regards these days, noooooooooot drink not drive
bay zzzzzzzzzummmmmmm deteccion circuitadict, detectoman

Old 12-22-2007, 09:28 PM

Mr. Morgan

Please, don't open the coils. You have done a great job, but... there are many people who wish convert this in a business based on investigation of others. I read the thread and found that the device has been patented in Brazil.

Regards

Nihil Roma Maius
Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Default patented or ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
Mr. Morgan

Please, don't open the coils. You have done a great job, but... there are many people who wish convert this in a business based on investigation of others. I read the thread and found that the device has been patented in Brazil.
Good news..
Nihil you doubtlessly do not know the purpose of patent office..
If this circuit is patented - then it is also protected by international law.
No way to convert it into ''buisness'' without paying the fee to original investigators.
Please stop malesting Morgan..and better upload here the patent - if you have one...
Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palamedes View Post
Good news..
Nihil you doubtlessly do not know the purpose of patent office..
If this circuit is patented - then it is also protected by international law.
No way to convert it into ''buisness'' without paying the fee to original investigators.
Please stop malesting Morgan..and better upload here the patent - if you have one...
Sure? Who copy and later pay by it? You? Morgan? Qiaozhi? Major MD industries? The Chineses?

Best regards

Nihil Roma Maius
Old 12-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
And dont worry, this will be my last post here. I just cant stand such nonsences any more.
I DONT BELEIVE A WORD TO YOU. SIMPLY, COSE I DO KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU ARE SPEAKING RUBBISH HERE!

I am not tacken aback with you nonsences here, no! I am really tacken aback with other peoples good will to pay you attention, to listen you!!!????
BUT YES, IT IS WONDER THAT MAX's AND QUIAOZHI's DO TAKE A PART IN THIS HUGE B.S. ????

Roberts - be patient...

Remember - Silence is wisdom...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Patents..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Roma Maius View Post
Sure? Who copy and later pay by it? You? Morgan? Qiaozhi? Major MD industries? The Chineses?
No I'm not sure .. lots of dirty buisness here - I agree.
But you missed my point. -> If the device is really patented then it is also available freely to me, Morgan..and also chinese.

It would be nice to see the patent not guessing what does it do and painfully back-engeneering the device.
Do you have the copy of patent or patent No#?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Never I said "I have the patent or #". Said: "I read the thread and found that the device has been patented in Brazil."

Regards

Nihil Roma Maius
Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Default Circuit #2

Please see attached redrawn portion of Circuit #2.

This appears to be a oscillator that generates a series of high voltage (92V) pulses every 2.5ms. The pulses look very similar to those generated by a pulse induction detector.
The front-mounted coil has been assumed to not contain any tuning capacitors. If a tuning cap is fitted, then the output pulse decay rings at the frequency defined by the LC combination. I also tried various coil values, ranging from 2.5mH to 5.9mH, and these all gave the same results.

To the left-hand side of C9, the circuit (not yet redrawn) is quite possibly the receiver section. However, it's difficult to tell exactly, because of the uncertainty of the coil configuration.

Esteban - does this make any sense to you?

Anyone else - contructive comments welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Circuit 2.pdf (11.3 KB, 919 views)
Old 12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Roma Maius
Never I said "I have the patent or #". Said: "I read the thread and found that the device has been patented in Brazil."
Is this device patented? Or is this just some information that was told to the people in this forum? If it is patented, then perhaps someone can produce the patent number to verify it is patented. With this patent number, we can easily see what the inventor considered to be the working part of the circuit by looking at his patent diagrams, the same as we do with patents for conventional metal detectors.

According to what we were told, negotiations are being made to produce this patented device for commercial sale to the public. If this is true, we can expect to see a cheap Chinese version that probably doesn't work as well shortly after the first commercial units are available. Is there any real danger that by understanding this device, we are causing the Chinese or other people to illegally manufacture this device in the countries where it is protected?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Hi Morgan,
thanks for info.
I think there is small mistakes:
-near T4 collector a connection is probably missing, a wire maybe?
-the diode in parallel to c4/r7 etc has no reference
PS: i really dont see the point of the presence of R12 on thi PCB instead of PCB2....more wires for nothing?
I have made a mistaske on transistor T1,PCB3: part shown is bc548 should be 558.
Fred.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Guru

Max,
I was going back to search for PCB2 and i found your schematic of PCB3.So i made it for nothing ,i have missed plenty of posts.
Even found the pink wire etc.
However, i still think there is something missing at collector of T4,probably a connection...
Sorry,
Fred.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Guru

Default Nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post

Hello sharky

For you i keep my silence
Silence is wisdom...
Old 12-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Please see attached redrawn portion of Circuit #2.

This appears to be a oscillator that generates a series of high voltage (92V) pulses every 2.5ms. The pulses look very similar to those generated by a pulse induction detector.
The front-mounted coil has been assumed to not contain any tuning capacitors. If a tuning cap is fitted, then the output pulse decay rings at the frequency defined by the LC combination. I also tried various coil values, ranging from 2.5mH to 5.9mH, and these all gave the same results.

To the left-hand side of C9, the circuit (not yet redrawn) is quite possibly the receiver section. However, it's difficult to tell exactly, because of the uncertainty of the coil configuration.

Esteban - does this make any sense to you?

Anyone else - contructive comments welcome.
Qiaozhi,
The R12 3K9 resistor that is on PCB3 but in fact goes from R15 to C4 on PCB2 doesn´t make any sense,(it´s in serie with R15/100K!) but may play an important role by sampling the pulse to the input.
Fred
Old 12-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Guru

Default Schematic

Quote:
Max,
I was going back to search for PCB2 and i found your schematic of PCB3.So i made it for nothing ,i have missed plenty of posts.
However, i still think there is something missing at collector of T4,probably a connection...
Sorry,
Fred.
Hello
dont worry,when i have more time i will made better schematic of the 6 PCB´s
Regards
Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Guru

morgan:

my congratulations for your effort
very thanks, for dedication, and perseverance
too for max and fred and all

the project is in advance
happy celebrations

hoobyst detectoman
Old 12-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Max,
Sorry,
Fred.
Hi Fred,
yes I see... sorry you had to make the work about it... anyway it's good cause we can compare our results now: for example what about C4 positive lead ? from picture of PCB it seems connected to R7 and D5 but I wasn't sure so putted dashed line.

I think there's something missing too at T4 untill we assume polarization of collectors occours just by R8 and other things there.

Other strange thing, as you stated, is R12 that is connected remotely to PCB2. Why that ? Keeping a resitor on another board and connect by two wires ?

This last thing seems without meaning unless we consider R12 as kind of a sensor placed on PCB3 (kind of a feedback I mean) ??? It's mounted hi and about over R14 and R15 and near T6.

The idea is strange but remember me thing I saw in old transistor based power amplifiers for audio: carbon resistors have positive temperature coeff. so their resistance increase with increase of temperature: but I don't understand why using such a kind of thing... variation is so few and there are plenty of things to use to gain same effect. Then R12 is connected to circuit2 at a particular position (look at picture).

Personally I think the purpose of author is giving some temperature driven stabilization of oscillator respect to amplifier section (kinda of "AGC").

But I still don't understand why using a carbon resistor ?????? Why the hell need of it there , a carbon resistor sensor ::crazy:: ???

Assuming the author of schematic is not seriously sick... then we need also coils data to go ahead now... and will Morgan provide them ?

I'm start thinking, after emails from Paraguay arrived to him, he'll stop posting other things as always happens in these threads of LRL, just to confirm Roberts thoughts and my initial dubts.

Best regards,
Max
Attached Images

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 12-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hello
dont worry,when i have more time i will made better schematic of the 6 PCB´s
Regards
Hi,
thanks Morgan... but but but...
we need also coils data otherwise Roberts is totally right and all this thread is just another large pile of BS like so many in all LRL section, but this time made by you my friend .

Merry Christmas,
Max

"

someone said...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Guru

Default ops made an error

R12 on PCB2 is like in this picture not the above.

Kind regards,
Max
Attached Images

"

someone said...
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hi,
thanks Morgan... but but but...
we need also coils data otherwise Roberts is totally right and all this thread is just another large pile of BS like so many in all LRL section, but this time made by you my friend .

Merry Christmas,
Max
Hi Max.
I agree.
Morgan made the difficult work (reverse the pcb to schematic) and now stop at the easy work who is the coils. Maybe he don't like to destroy the coils but he can give us a photo from the inner of the head.
Maybe Morgan afraid something...... who knows.
My Regards and
Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Hi Fred and Max,

IMHO - we should not let us ourselves get confused by small details, such as "why is this a carbon resistor?" or "why is this resistor 1% tolerance?", etc.
At the moment we need to look at the bigger picture. Esteban has already made a comment that these components were probably only used because that's what was available at the time. No other "mysterious" reason. We can already see that is a prototype device, and the amount of loose wiring inside the box shows that the layout is not critical.

At the moment, it looks to me like we have the following:
  1. A simple pulse transmitter (RH-side of PCB2) - see attached waveforms.
  2. A simple receiver (LH-side of PCB2), although it is not clear how the coils are connected. This part is most likely designed for close range, and will act like a simple PI detector. This appears to be a balanced coil arrangement, and may actually be using the original Garrett Groundhog coil. Carl has offered to measure the inductance values of one in his collection.
  3. There is a second receiver (PCB5) that is connected to the ferrites, which is arranged orthogonally to the front-mounted coil. This is (presumably) designed for medium range detection.
  4. There is no evidence of either a 7KV generator or an IR element.
What should we do next?
  1. Try to understand how the front-mounted coil is connected to the receiver. Carl's data will help here.
  2. Concentrate on understanding the purpose of PCBs 2, 3 and 5. PCBs 1, 4 and 6 are failrly straightforward.
  3. Draw a top-level diagram (in English) showing all the inter-block connections.
By the way, we should try to complete this project as quickly as possible. Firstly, because Morgan will have to return the device to its original owner in the near future, and any further queries will become impossible.
Secondly, because we will undoubtedly start to lose interest if this drags on for too long.

Initially - can I suggest that we pool our thoughts on the overall block diagram with the interconnections?
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Guru

Hi max,
I see R12 connected like this, or i made some mistake?
I tha case, thermal compensation is not possible,because of the R15
high value and C5 .Only left i think is pulse pickup.As Qiaozhi says, its
obviously a prototype, but the PCB was made with the resistor already here.
Of course it may not be important, but i see this kind of details as clues to understand the real functionning principles of the device.
About Morgan,i know he will do all he can to get the coil data.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Hi Fred and Max,

Draw a top-level diagram (in English) showing all the inter-block connections.
By the way, we should try to complete this project as quickly as possible. Firstly, because Morgan will have to return the device to its original owner in the near future, and any further queries will become impossible.
Secondly, because we will undoubtedly start to lose interest if this drags on for too long.

Initially - can I suggest that we pool our thoughts on the overall block diagram with the interconnections?
Yes, i think a complete diagram is the next step,because of all the wiring it will look much simpler.But for this an electronic diagram would be much better.

Regards,
Fred.