Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Guru

HA HA HA.... It was all a trick!

Dell fooled you!

Dell made this post at the top of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
Gold Detector Verses Dowsing Rod

I will challenge any gold hunter using an electronic detector, against my two coat hangers. How confident am I? $5,000. The challenge: a third party will hide a small gold nugget somewhere on a football field, placing it two inches deep by pounding a wooden rod into the ground. The first to uncover the gold nugget is the winner. The event will be video tapped. Email me if you are up to the challenge

http://www.dowselikeapro.com/My_Blog.html
If you look at the link, you will see this is what some guy in Canada is offering, not Dell. Dell is not holding the contest, and is not a contestant. He only posted some words from this Canadian's blog, and the link to read it. He was informing us of some news that somebody is holding a dowsing contest where he puts up $5000. You are reading the offer from some Canadian, not Dell. And Dell is undoubtedly laughing in font of his computer at all the fools who didn't figure out his trick, and think Dell is making a challenge.

If you read the blog, you will find this Canadian's quote about 3/4 the way down. You can also search the page for "Gold Detector Verses Dowsing Rod". You will see he offered exactly what Dell posted, So he did not offer to make special field arrangements. But after reading some of his stories, I thik he will not mind to make the challenge in the way you are suggesting.

Anyway, don't expect Dell Winders to ever allow a test of his dowsing abilities, or of the abilities of his LRLs when someone else is watching.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 AM
Guru

Nowhere in the challenge does it mention “metal detector” (or Dector).

Dollars to doughnuts the blogger was referring to Long Range Locators when he drafted the challenge. The verbiage is specific to “electronic detectors”…sometimes referred to as LRLs

The appropriate title to this thread would be: Coat Hangers vs. Long Range Locators
Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Dollars to doughnuts the blogger was referring to Long Range Locators when he drafted the challenge. The verbiage is specific to “electronic detectors”…sometimes referred to as LRLs

The appropriate title to this thread would be: Coat Hangers vs. Long Range Locators
Yes, of course,
but Dell wrote the title as " $5,000 Coat Hangers vs Metal Dector Challenge"

where you can read that the challenge is between coat hangers vs metal-detector... or not ?

Then he also made post like "
I will challenge any gold hunter using an electronic detector" etc

Not explaining he was reporting words from other people... so we can conclude he's doing the challenge himself not the third party...canadian one.

Now... if not so... he just demonstrated another time he and his paint rollers can't pass any challenge against a real metal detector and skilled operator.

Just like serious THunters already know.

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim

That's exactly right.
The challenge made by the Canadian is titled "Gold Detector Verses Dowsing Rod"
And the challenge is "I will challenge any gold hunter using an electronic detector, against my two coat hangers".
It was Dell who added the words "Metal Detector" in his title to this thread. It appears that Dell is responsible for making it look like this is a contest between metal detectors and dowsing rods.

So what is the challenge?
The Canadian says he will challenge any gold hunter using an electronic detector against his two coat hangers. Doesn't this include gold hunters who use metal detectors? Isn't a metal detector an electronic detector?
According to his challenge, you must be a gold hunter and you must use an electronic detector, while he uses two coat hangers.

A minor complication is in the title to his challenge "Gold detector Verses Dowsing Rods". Gold detector implies a detector that only finds gold, but could also be any detector that finds gold and other things too. However, the title is not the challenge. He clearly stated his challenge which specifies the challenger must be a gold hunter and must use an electronic detector. The title only gives hints to what he had in mind. It does not specify the rules to the challenge. I suppose if you used a home-made metal detector, then you could paste a label on it that says "Gold Detector" and this would satisfy any implied requirement that it must be a gold detector.

So there you have it... You don't have to travel so far, Clondike Clad. The $5000 challenge is in Canada.

But before you pack for Canada to win your $5000, consider the credibility of the challenge.
Suppose you get there, and the Canadian says "I was only kidding"?
Or he says the challenge is only open to electronic gold-finding LRLs?
Or suppose he says: "what did you expect? I am supposed to make good on some silly thing you read in my blog?
Your laws must be different than the laws here. Go home Yankee".

If that happened, you could have a nice vacation and go home less travel expenses.

I still think Dell is laughing in front of his computer at all the ruckus he caused by making it appear that this was his challenge against metal detectors.
Do you think he would laugh harder if you went to the challenge in Canada and got turned back?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
HA HA HA.... It was all a trick!

Dell fooled you!

Dell made this post at the top of this thread:If you look at the link, you will see this is what some guy in Canada is offering, not Dell. Dell is not holding the contest, and is not a contestant. He only posted some words from this Canadian's blog, and the link to read it. He was informing us of some news that somebody is holding a dowsing contest where he puts up $5000. You are reading the offer from some Canadian, not Dell. And Dell is undoubtedly laughing in font of his computer at all the fools who didn't figure out his trick, and think Dell is making a challenge.

If you read the blog, you will find this Canadian's quote about 3/4 the way down. You can also search the page for "Gold Detector Verses Dowsing Rod". You will see he offered exactly what Dell posted, So he did not offer to make special field arrangements. But after reading some of his stories, I thik he will not mind to make the challenge in the way you are suggesting.

Anyway, don't expect Dell Winders to ever allow a test of his dowsing abilities, or of the abilities of his LRLs when someone else is watching.

Best wishes,
J_P
Mike Mont already pointed this out early on in the thread. It was clearly nothing to do with Dell. See quote below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
This is not Dell's contest. He just posted the link.

I read through part of it. I am a bit confounded by the "World Dowsing Championship". I know several dowsers in Montana and I never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a bunch of drunks got together to see who could spew the most BS.

As for the nugget contest, a small nugget would not be easy to find with an MD amongst thousands of pull tabs. I don't understand the significance of pounding a wooden stake in the ground unless a person could feel it when they walked over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
After reading the blog, you could be excused for wondering why this "dowsing legend" has not relieved Randi of his $1M.
As you stated, the contest appears to be a challenge by a dowser against electronic LRLs (gold detectors). He would not risk his reputation against a real metal detector, unless the contest could be rigged.

He had a very amusing story about the travelling salesman and his car keys. I bet that story has been repeated hundreds of times, but it proves nothing. There are numerous ways he could have retrieved his keys without any so-called psychic ability. Maybe he had an electronic key finder attached to the fob, the receptionist tipped him off, he simply watched them out of the window, or he was just lucky that they didn't hide them in a less obvious place. Whatever, any amateur conjurer could perform the same trick.

Regarding the nugget attached to the end of a wooden stake - this is also an indication of trickery. How easy would it be to embed a neodymium magnet in the top of the stake, then have a reed switch in your shoe which triggers a simple circuit and lets you know you're over the nugget? There are numerous devious methods of rigging the contest. That's why controlled double-blind testing is essential.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi
Mike Mont already pointed this out early on in the thread. It was clearly nothing to do with Dell. See quote below
Sure Mike pointed it out... and Theseus too. But it still fooled a lot of people who continued making plans to win Dell's $5000.
And yes, it did have something to do with Dell. He changed the context of the contest by naming the thread "$5,000 Coat Hangers vs Metal Dector Challenge", giving the impression that he was challenging metal detectorists.
Quote:
As you stated, the contest appears to be a challenge by a dowser against electronic LRLs (gold detectors). He would not risk his reputation against a real metal detector, unless the contest could be rigged.
Reputation? What reputation? This person does not even publish his name. And all his stories are simply stories he posted to help sell his dowsing DVDs. What makes you think any of it is true?
Rigged? Did any of his dowsing stories ever happen in the first place? Will he even hold a contest that would necessitate rigging?
Quote:
There are numerous devious methods of rigging the contest. That's why controlled double-blind testing is essential.
Contest? What contest? This is just something he posted in his blog to help sell dowsing lesson DVDs. You really believe he will agree to hold a contest? If he intended to hold a contest, he would first have to publish his name with a way to contact him, and a location for the test, wouldn't he?

Hypothetical scenario:
Suppose there was a poverty stricke
n old man who tried everything short of working to earn a living. After trying all the get rich schemes he still ended up nearly homeless. So he reads about the money you can make in drop-shipping internet sales. After a few years, he decides he wants to make more money than the deal he gets from the drop-shipper. So he hires an actor to pose as a dowser for tons of pictures in every imaginable situation where a dowser finds the hidden object and wins prizes, etc. And he has a friend help make up a DVD on how to dowse, using the actor to play the role of the dowser. Then he makes a website to sell the DVDs. He fills it with a lot of stories designed to make a reader drool over the power of dowsing, and adds a blog with more stories, etc. The he begins to see the money come in, and his only overhead is sending out DVDs. Of course, he will never publish his real name to send inquiries to, and will never give a true location of where he is. All the product is sent by someone else who handles his DVD-burning and shipping from a remote location...He simply checks his P.O. box every week to pick up checks forwarded from the shipper. Can you think of anyone who is poverty stricken that might want to try this?

p.s. Closer examination shows that the shipping location is Toronto, Kansas. So it appears he is not a Canadian, but an American who ships his goods from Kansas.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Guru

Default Dell likes to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post

I will challenge any gold hunter using an electronic detector, against my two coat hangers. How confident am I? $5,000. The challenge: a third party will hide a small gold nugget somewhere on a football field, placing it two inches deep by pounding a wooden rod into the ground. The first to uncover the gold nugget is the winner. The event will be video tapped. Email me if you are up to the challeng

http://www.dowselikeapro.com/My_Blog.html
The question is why did dell post this.
He wanted us to think HE wants to do this.
ALL I DID WAS CALL HIM OUT ON THIS.
BUT NO DELL
OK so do you want to do this DELL or what?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clondike Clad View Post
The question is why did dell post this.
He wanted us to think HE wants to do this.
ALL I DID WAS CALL HIM OUT ON THIS.
BUT NO DELL
OK so do you want to do this DELL or what?
Maybe he's too busy burning DVDs ready for posting!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Guru

Default A different motive...

Dell has always been one to use forum postings to advertise his wares. Not just this forum, but any forum that picks up a little traffic on the subject of dowsing.

I propose his motive for starting this thread, and with the wording he did, was nothing more than another of his schemes to get some free advertising by having every one here mention his name in a series of postings.

I'd say his scheme worked rather well.

He may have only a 6th grade education (or less) but he is certainly no fool. While his direct competition, in the LRL/MFD scam dowsing device market, spend thousands of dollars on websites and website designers; to attract more sales - Dell has always garnered his share of the market by haunting dowsing and LRL/MFD forums.

With the exception of Mike(Mont) and Tim Williams (a couple of wanna be's), you really don't see any other manfacturer/dealers pushing their wares on the aforementioned forums. Clearly, different strategies for different marketeers.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Guru

On the other forums I posted, I seen how it might be construed, so I went back and modified to read I saw this on the internet. Unfortunately, on this forum it was too late to modify.

I did mistakenly credit folks here with the intelligence to click on the link to get the details before they leaped to conclusions. That was the error in my thinking.

Honestly, I did get a big laugh at the pretenders who claim to adhere to fact, jumping all over each other with their assumptions. It didn't add any credibility to your interest in research, truth, or fact, but I did enjoy watching your antics. Thanks for that!

And so it is, and always will be with the Skeptic clan, and Carl's forum. dell
Old 07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
On the other forums I posted, I seen how it might be construed, so I went back and modified to read I saw this on the internet. Unfortunately, on this forum it was too late to modify.

I did mistakenly credit folks here with the intelligence to click on the link to get the details before they leaped to conclusions. That was the error in my thinking.

Honestly, I did get a big laugh at the pretenders who claim to adhere to fact, jumping all over each other with their assumptions. It didn't add any credibility to your interest in research, truth, or fact, but I did enjoy watching your antics. Thanks for that!

You can laugh as you want...

but people here know that your paint rollers don't work for c.r.a.p.

Then... you can also post what you want... and people could made wrong conclusions... why not ?

But this, again, is a proof you're full of c.r.a.p from your hairs tips to your shoes...

just to be polite...

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 07-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Guru

Why lie about it, Dell? You clearly posted this version on TreasureNet, with the proper internet credit, before posting here

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...,258789.0.html

Posted Jul 19, 2009, 01:25:28 AM

Found on the internet. Dell

Old 07-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Why lie about it, Dell? You clearly posted this version on TreasureNet, with the proper internet credit, before posting here

Why lie about it? Because it is basically the only knee-jerk response he knows; and executes without even thinking twice about it.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Guru

Quote:

Yup, Dell sure did post the same on Treasure net, and it ain't been changed. Looks like Dell got a good laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
Good thing we figgered out Dell's trick before running off to Florida to win the $5000, or we would see him laughing even harder at the side of the football field. Maybe he would take his binoculars and camera to the bleachers to see who showed up, then post the photos on his website so all his friends can laugh too.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:

Quote:

Dell - you've been busted!
Attached Images