LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Guru

Default JPF Damasio, the dream materializer

JPF Damasio
The Visionary Who Materialized His Dream

It's late. Past 10 pm on that hot night. It's dark in that huge farmland. Only visible light is a beautiful full moon iluminating the field. A man is seen sweeping the ground several times with an old metal detector he built himself. He has walked what looks like infinite straight lines covering several square feet of ground. He begins to feel the low morale... Several hours doing that ritual and not a single sound of his VLF machine. He had been a guest in the farmer's house for a week now. The night before, in the frequent reunion of humble locals around a guitarman, a fire and some drinks, he had joined as usual, listening to all the talking and stories regarding the old treasure that supposedly was buried in that location. As usual, young JPF Damasio collected some site clues he would research the next day. Many leads, nothing so far...

His body is asking for some sleep, but he declines and keeps going sweeping the MD. Again, that same dream shows up in his mind. How someday he would invent some kind of VLF machine capable of electromagnetically iluminate the buried metal from some distance away, so he could cover more ground and save a lot of time and effort. For many weeks that idea would not leave his mind.

Several years went by. Damasio now a notable electronic engineer and physicist, with visits to NASA for project and technology discussion meetings is about to make history.

It's the early 50's in Brazil and the first TV broadcast has debut, but a main problem appears. The reception of the signal is only captured by TV sets not very far from the transmitter antenna. Living in Rio Grande do Sul, more than a thousand miles from Sao Paulo, the signal simply could not make it to those TV sets.
Damasio gets deeply involved on a solution and a few months later, his home was fitted with an apparatus and antenna he had built, and a lot of neighbors, friends and strangers used to meet in his garden to watch the first TV shows, which were live at the time.

Soon, by word of mouth, the news spread and it didn't take long before the government and military representatives decided to check how true was the story about a 'nut' who could pick the TV signal in Rio Grande do Sul. On an afternoon, they show up at Damasio's home and in a matter of minutes the astonished party not only could corroborate the story but also witnessed the quality of the broadcasted image, comparable only to the TV monitor inside the TV station itself!
Finally in 1969, Mr. Anisio Trelha, using one of the first two box detectors built by Damasio and employing the 'apparatus' technology modified accordingly to fit a metal detector, finds a cache of more than 80 gold coins being that the first VU indications started at about 360 feet away!

In a matter of years, his geniality had created many models with different aproaches and joined by his beloved friend, partner and soul brother Victor C. Alonso, whose talent, creativity and visioning was comparable to his own, they teamed up to form one of the most important partnerships in all metal detection history, materializing true materpieces along the time. They both discovered about the natural phenomena which allowed gold detection from incredible distances and later invented the Damasio-Alonso method, which remains unique until present times.

Jonas Paulo Fernandes Damasio was 76, loved his inventing job and until the last minute he was involved with the metal detection subject.

Even a few weeks ago when I called him to ask about his health, he said that he was dying but this was not important. He wanted to talk about new discoveries and new technologies.
He was a remarkable human being with a brilliant technical mind.
He was capable of talk about several different subjects with amazing and deep knowledge, yet when comenting on the phenomena he and Alonso had discovered, his simplicity and logic was overwhelming.

With that gifted mind and gifted hands, he created devices that helped many people around the world, making many of their dreams come true, but despite of that he was restless in his desire of taking his devices to an utopic perfection.

We live in a world of fast results, fast manufacturings, fast desires and fast money.

We live in a world where there's no true and platonic love for inventions anymore.

We live in a world dictated by time schedules and profits.

There are fewer and fewer true inventors each passing year. Yes, true inventors...
The ones who do science for passion, and not for glory. The ones who can produce and create marvelous things with just a piece of paper and pencil.
The ones that respond 'yes it can be done' when all the others say 'impossible'.

The ones who never set any limitation to their freedom of creation not even for a minute.

Jonas Paulo Fernandes Damasio was a man like that.

In his last words to me on the phone, talking long range detection just five days before his passing, he said:
Sorry, I wish I could talk more, but I feel tired now.”

When I hung up, somehow I knew he was saying goodbye to me, in a very special way...

Mr. Damasio, thank you very much in name of all Mineoro sucessful users to who you provided the means to reach and touch so many buried treasures.

You now surpassed your own inventions and you are now able to touch with your hands the most important treasure of all.
The true spiritual treasure of love, charity and peace.

God bless you.

See you soon my friend.

Até Breve...
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
JPF Damasio

We live in a world of fast results, fast manufacturings, fast desires and fast money.

We live in a world where there's no true and platonic love for inventions anymore.

God bless you.

See you soon my friend.

Até Breve...
Wonderful written, indeed.

I wish to read something like this about myself after I pass away.

But, what would it be actually? Requiem or brilliant commercial for Mineoro LRL?

Is summarized that Mr. JPF Damasio R.I.P. attain their dreams, unfortunately the same dreams have never realized the buyers of Mineoros products.

Excellent writing, thank you.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post

But, what would it be actually? Requiem or brilliant commercial for Mineoro LRL?

Is summarized that Mr. JPF Damasio R.I.P. attain their dreams, unfortunately the same dreams have never realized the buyers of Mineoros products.

You know... Dr. Hung is not what one can call "an impartial observer" about Mineoro and the like...

What did you expect from him ???

Kind regards,
Max

"Kill for gain or shoot to maim...
But we dont need a reason
"

someone said...
Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Guru

Default J.P.F.Damasio

Quote:
JPF Damasio

It's late. Past 10 pm on that hot night. It's dark in that huge farmland. Only visible light is a beautiful full moon iluminating the field. A man is seen sweeping the ground several times with an old metal detector he built himself. He has walked what looks like infinite straight lines covering several square feet of ground. He begins to feel the low morale... Several hours doing that ritual and not a single sound of his VLF machine. He had been a guest in the farmer's house for a week now. The night before, in the frequent reunion of humble locals around a guitarman, a fire and some drinks, he had joined as usual, listening to all the talking and stories regarding the old treasure that supposedly was buried in that location. As usual, young JPF Damasio collected some site clues he would research the next day. Many leads, nothing so far...

His body is asking for some sleep, but he declines and keeps going sweeping the MD. Again, that same dream shows up in his mind. How someday he would invent some kind of VLF machine capable of electromagnetically iluminate the buried metal from some distance away, so he could cover more ground and save a lot of time and effort. For many weeks that idea would not leave his mind.

Several years went by. Damasio now a notable electronic engineer and physicist, with visits to NASA for project and technology discussion meetings is about to make history.

It's the early 50's in Brazil and the first TV broadcast has debut, but a main problem appears. The reception of the signal is only captured by TV sets not very far from the transmitter antenna. Living in Rio Grande do Sul, more than a thousand miles from Sao Paulo, the signal simply could not make it to those TV sets.
Damasio gets deeply involved on a solution and a few months later, his home was fitted with an apparatus and antenna he had built, and a lot of neighbors, friends and strangers used to meet in his garden to watch the first TV shows, which were live at the time.

Soon, by word of mouth, the news spread and it didn't take long before the government and military representatives decided to check how true was the story about a 'nut' who could pick the TV signal in Rio Grande do Sul. On an afternoon, they show up at Damasio's home and in a matter of minutes the astonished party not only could corroborate the story but also witnessed the quality of the broadcasted image, comparable only to the TV monitor inside the TV station itself!
Finally in 1969, Mr. Anisio Trelha, using one of the first two box detectors built by Damasio and employing the 'apparatus' technology modified accordingly to fit a metal detector, finds a cache of more than 80 gold coins being that the first VU indications started at about 360 feet away!

In a matter of years, his geniality had created many models with different aproaches and joined by his beloved friend, partner and soul brother Victor C. Alonso, whose talent, creativity and visioning was comparable to his own, they teamed up to form one of the most important partnerships in all metal detection history, materializing true materpieces along the time. They both discovered about the natural phenomena which allowed gold detection from incredible distances and later invented the Damasio-Alonso method, which remains unique until present times.

Jonas Paulo Fernandes Damasio was 76, loved his inventing job and until the last minute he was involved with the metal detection subject.

Even a few weeks ago when I called him to ask about his health, he said that he was dying but this was not important. He wanted to talk about new discoveries and new technologies.
He was a remarkable human being with a brilliant technical mind.
He was capable of talk about several different subjects with amazing and deep knowledge, yet when comenting on the phenomena he and Alonso had discovered, his simplicity and logic was overwhelming.

With that gifted mind and gifted hands, he created devices that helped many people around the world, making many of their dreams come true, but despite of that he was restless in his desire of taking his devices to an utopic perfection.

There are fewer and fewer true inventors each passing year. Yes, true inventors...
The ones who do science for passion, and not for glory. The ones who can produce and create marvelous things with just a piece of paper and pencil.
The ones that respond 'yes it can be done' when all the others say 'impossible'.

The ones who never set any limitation to their freedom of creation not even for a minute.

Jonas Paulo Fernandes Damasio was a man like that.

In his last words to me on the phone, talking long range detection just five days before his passing, he said:
Sorry, I wish I could talk more, but I feel tired now.”

When I hung up, somehow I knew he was saying goodbye to me, in a very special way...

Mr. Damasio, thank you very much in name of all Mineoro sucessful users to who you provided the means to reach and touch so many buried treasures.

You now surpassed your own inventions and you are now able to touch with your hands the most important treasure of all.
The true spiritual treasure of love, charity and peace.

God bless you.

See you soon my friend.

Até Breve...
Very nice words about Mr.Damasio.

In reality he try to materialize dreams about treasures with Mineoro devices,everybody who buy his LRL´s devices was with hope to find real treasures...

Rest In Peace
Old 07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Guru

Default Mineoro's announcement

The following is featured in Mineoro's brazilian site:

LETTER OF THANKS

Sons, wife and relatives of the late JPF Damasio, founding partner and President of MINEORO CORP., thank in dismay the attendance and affection of everybody in his wake and burial.

LETTER OF CLARIFICATION

Following the late JONAS PAULO FERNANDES DAMASIO's example of discipline and persistance, his sons clarify that all activities from MINEORO CORP. will be kept normally.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Guru

Quote:
The following is featured in Mineoro's brazilian site:

LETTER OF CLARIFICATION

Following the late JONAS PAULO FERNANDES DAMASIO's example of discipline and persistance, his sons clarify that all activities from MINEORO CORP. will be kept normally.
So all my worries away.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post

Thank you for your kind words.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Guru

Hung

Thanks you for the excellent words of homage.

Regards

Esteban
Old 07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Guru

I would like to thank WM6, Max, Morgan and Esteban for having joined this homage to Damasio.
We never know when the time has come. Only God.

Thanks very much for your words and support.