LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-15-2006, 02:34 AM
Administrator

Haven't had much time to keep up with this... but Qiaozhi is right. A magnet does NOT attract ions to its poles. If it did, all of the magnets laying around would have a thick coating of ions on them. A magnetic field CAN deflect ions in motion... this is used in Ion Beam Depostion for thin-film products like hard disks.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Alonso start in long distance detection in 1959.
I would like to hear about this.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Guru

At age 14... whit success. (Sorry, miracle is for believers!) Alonso was born June 15 1945.

I know details of first detection. From his patio, Alonso detect in direction of a church. With permission of the priest (catholic), they excavate in the site and found silver handles of coffins. In the past, the catholic christians was bury below floor of the churchs, in some countries.

But, in his childhood, Alonso was involved in other things, he built other kind of apparatus, motors, rockets, etc. At this time, Alonso was teach in electricity by an ex IWW German soldier, called Haber, he was an inventor. Haber was radiotechnician and invent a metal detector (during IWW) for unearth unexploded ordnances via low frequency induction (audio range) in the terrain with metalic stakes!

In some parts of his annotations I found dates from feb. 1958, this is the real year of starting in long range detection experiments.

But a man called Toto Coronel (in this time -1959-, 34 or 35 years old, today 80-81) insist in to build metal detector for long distance based on radio (they found some information about metal detection via radio). This information helps him, but isn't enough, regarding was difficult in the first moments classification of material. Alonso and Mr. Toto Coronel work in an idea wich works.This is the old detector, hand-drawing by Alonso (please, can't post other details, as schematic):
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2006, 04:32 PM

I wanted to hear about that guy because Carl wrote something about long range locator ads from 1973, but I guess that the racket is older than that.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie View Post
I wanted to hear about that guy because Carl wrote something about long range locator ads from 1973, but I guess that the racket is older than that.
Based on magazine ads (Old West, True West, various treasure titles) the earliest for-sale treasure-type LRL I've found is the Anderson rod from ~1973. I've been told that Anderson actually started ~1970. There may have been earlier marketed LRLs that I am unaware of.

- Carl
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Based on magazine ads (Old West, True West, various treasure titles) the earliest for-sale treasure-type LRL I've found is the Anderson rod from ~1973. I've been told that Anderson actually started ~1970. There may have been earlier marketed LRLs that I am unaware of.

- Carl
Unlike real treasure hunting technology, it does not really matter when long range locators first appeared, because they did not actually do anything, but it would be interesting to find out when someone first thought of the scam. Maybe as far back as the 19th century.
What do you think of my latest post in the thread that I started?