LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 AM

Default the only REAL form of remote sensing

So many people believe in remote sensing (dowsing, long range locating, etc.), but only in the kind of remote sensing that THEY do. Well, you are all wrong. THIS is how you find stuff!
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/W+WDC+149-01
You can find information about this on various websites.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 AM

Default Say what?

Elie,

How does this url to comic book characters have to do with Remote Sensing? Maybe Geometrics or western Geophysical would do the trick(ok,ok, Anthony Barringer is permitted).

Randy
Old 10-22-2006, 08:55 AM

Firstly, it is a link to a page about a comic book STORY.
Secondly, the story is about Donald Duck (Battouta/Patoka Donald/Ka'cer Donald/Anders And/Donald Duck/Ntonalt Ntak/El Pato Donald/Piilupart Donald/Aku Ankka/Dunnaldur Dunna/Donald Duck/Donald Kacsa/Donal Bebek/Andres Ond/Paolino Paperino/Donaldus Anas/Donald Duck/Donald Duck/Donald Duck/Kacer Donald/Pato Donald/Donald Dak/Paja Patak/Ujo (Ka'cer) Donald /Kalle Anka/Donald/Tang Lao Ya) going to a lecture about flipism, a "philosophy" which involves flipping a coin to make decisions. Of course, flipism is a hoax (there is nothing to it), but Donald believes in it SIMPLY BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD.
Thirdly, remote sensing is also a hoax, but many people believe in it. However, most of them say that only their kind of remote sensing is real. "Only MY brand of long range locator works," etc. I posted the link to show how ridiculous the whole business is (even if one "believes" in more than one kind of remote sensing). Does it really make ANY sense to flip a coin to decide where to look for treasure? Does it really make ANY sense to use map dowsing (or regular dowsing or a long range locator) to look for treasure? Everyone who is involved in remote sensing is either trying to make money of off all of the Donalds out there, or they believe in it BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD. Just as you would not flip a coin to decide where to look for treasure, do not fall for this "remote sensing" stuff. As for long range locators, which are electronic (and it might seem possible to use them to find stuff), remember that Carl, who is an electrical engineer, has made a thorough study of these things, and has found that they DO NOT WORK AT ALL, and that THERE IS NO REAL SCIENCE INVOLVED IN THEIR OPERATION.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Guru

Thanks for the 1,000 names of Donald duck.

But if any kind of electronic LRL doesn't work, why Carl open this forum for the discussion? So, he want to believe...

There are kinds and kinds of remote sensing "instruments". And the fact that Carl is an electronic engineer isn't enough for to aprobe or negate it. Another question: how many electronic LRL instruments have you built for to conclude it?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Administrator

There are some legitimate remote sensing techniques. Oil exploration and mining companies use them. IEEE publishes "Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing" which I used to subscribe to, and has some interesting papers. Astrophysicists also use remote sensing, both in ground-based and probe-based instruments.

But detecting a single gold coin a mile away? Sorry, that's fantasy.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Guru

Of course, this is exagerated!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Guru

Esteban, tell him about the coin Alonso detected from more than 300 feet in the 70's.

He will freak.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Guru

Hi, yes and more, with the "big box" (RF, look the transmitter -with conical coil- is the detector and receiver "feel"):
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Guru

No one mile for an only coin, but I remember a medal with this inscription: "Souvenir of birthday - 1896" (in Spanish: "Recuerdo de cumpleaƱos - 1896") we found 700 m, gold 14 k!!! We found great quantities of items, and a treasure of 14 gold coins from the coast of a lake to the other coast... near 3,000 meters. Sorry, this hurts the understanding!!! Today is impossible fight against the RF interferences, now celullars. This works in AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
There are some legitimate remote sensing techniques. Oil exploration and mining companies use them. IEEE publishes "Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing" which I used to subscribe to, and has some interesting papers. Astrophysicists also use remote sensing, both in ground-based and probe-based instruments.

This is what I get for posting in the middle of the night again.
Anyway, I have never liked the use of the term remote sensing in reference to dowsing or the use of long range locators, but I used it because you named this the remote sensing forum. I was, of course, only referring to dowsing and the use of long range locators (and not legitimate remote sensing). If these things worked at all, you certainly would have written that they worked, instead of writing (at the end of "The Question of Dowsing"), "In fact, of all the methods of treasure hunting, dowsing and the use of LRLs is the least successful of all. Dowsing, like so many other mystical concepts, is a product of wishful thinking and any reasonable examination will show that it does not work."
By the way, I have always wanted to know exactly what you hope to get out of the remote sensing forum.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie View Post
I was, of course, only referring to dowsing and the use of long range locators (and not legitimate remote sensing).
I knew that. My reply was really for other folks, who might not have known.

Quote:
By the way, I have always wanted to know exactly what you hope to get out of the remote sensing forum.
Me? Maybe nothing. Maybe, eventually, a Really Works method of long-range locating, if I wanted to be optimistic.

Or, maybe this forum is for other folks, who are curious about the concept.

- Carl
Old 10-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Guru

Denial is an expression of ignorance. Dell
Old 10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Denial is an expression of ignorance. Dell
Even more woo-woo rhetoric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
Me? Maybe nothing. Maybe, eventually, a Really Works method of long-range locating, if I wanted to be optimistic.

Or, to maintain a sense of balance - truth versus fiction.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Guru

Reality is superior than fiction.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Guru

Talking

WOO-WOO?? Is that an intellectual expression , your idea of scientific terminology , a mating call , or just your imatation of a train whistle?? Dell
Old 10-29-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post

- Carl
First, work on my oscilloscope display idea!
Seriously, I know that you want real remote sensing technology to be discussed in the remote sensing forum, but no one ever does that, so you should start some threads about that stuff. A little push could result in some good ideas.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
WOO-WOO?? Is that an intellectual expression , your idea of scientific terminology , a mating call , or just your imatation of a train whistle?? Dell
Really?? I'm very surprised at you not keeping up with the skeptic mentality!
Try this -> http://www.watchingyou.com/woowoo.html
It might sound familiar...

And woo-woo is in fact a dictionary term, meaning:
woo-woo adj. concerned with emotions, mysticism, or spiritualism; other than rational or scientific; mysterious; new agey. Also n., a person who has mystical or new age beliefs.

So what is the origin of this strange word?
Although there are a number of possible origins, my favourite is that "woo woo" started as early 20th century slang for insanity.
[edit]