LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Guru

Hi Seeker, Qiaozhi and all:

When I decide to put a motor inside the handle of the rod I don't think in any correction of the tendence to change the rpm in the motor causes by the inclination angle. I only thing in a kind of vibration (really soft) in my hand and what happens with this.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Hi Esteban,
some good things, people find accidentally
Do you know something about bifurcation?
When you insert vibration in system hand-rod , you increase sensitivity of all system.
I think if you replace motor with tuning generator and piezospeaker ,you will reach better results. Do you need schematic ?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker
Hi Esteban,
some good things, people find accidentally
Do you know something about bifurcation?
When you insert vibration in system hand-rod , you increase sensitivity of all system.
I think if you replace motor with tuning generator and piezospeaker ,you will reach better results. Do you need schematic ?

Hope a simple 555 is useful in your interesting suggestion, maybe connecting to a LM386 with volume control. Or you know a specific schematic for this purpose?

No, accidentally, have a fix idea in it.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
Sorry Dell (and I understand quite clearly that you are not the designer) but it does appear to be "crap" after all.
Sorry Qiaozhi, I don't speak, or understand EE language, and as an outsider, I had a different impression of what "crap" was supposed to look like.

No, I am not the designer, or manufacturer of items in the photo Carl, has displayed, and creditited me for. Scientist I know, don't form conclusions based on presumption, assumption, stupid inference/ implication games, or money challenge publicity scams. EE's posting here would do well to research & test before jumping to inferences or conclusions. and practice forming conclusions based on fact, least, they reveal themselves as practicioners of pretend science.

Fact, can only be based on each individuals knowledge and true personal experience. If you have not made the effort to learn what others have already learned, through your own trial & error, or shared the same experience that others have reported, then you do not have the facts to base any conclusions whatsoever on.

Carl's prejudice, and childish inference games do not necessarily have any basis in truth, or fact, as he has already amply demonstrated. Qiaozhi, so far you "appear" to be Parroting Carl? At first I thought you were unwittingly suckered into his idiotic Inference & Implication game. That benefit of a doubt is subsiding. I hope you prove more intelligent than to publicly practice the pseudo science of spectulative judgement. Dell
Old 07-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban
Hope a simple 555 is useful in your interesting suggestion, maybe connecting to a LM386 with volume control. Or you know a specific schematic for this purpose?

No, accidentally, have a fix idea in it.
Hi Esteban,
Look at the picture.I think you don't need in LM386 and volume control for beginning.
If you want it , insert only Pot. 5k between piezo and pin3.
Frequency you can calculate.Example for motor 3000rpm = 50Hz , C=4700nF and a little adjust with pot.100k.By pot.100k you can change frequecy (C=4700nF) from 31 to 3100Hz
Piezo mast remaking. Use epoxi glue to fix a nut M2 at brass side of disc, in centrum.Be careful when solder the wires to piezo.This process mast be short , to avoid overheat of piezo. If you use SMD elements, PCB will be in diameter as piezo.
This is all.
Good Luck.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi Qiaozhi,you are not right.
Exact the vertical position of axis is the best position for act of giroscopic moment.Becouse the rod is not balansed if you little turn hand ,giro reaction will turn at 90 degrees direction and axis will divert and center of mass of rod will turn rod left or right.
Maybe we are talking at cross purposes here, but the motor must be in the vertical position (as shown by Esteban) otherwise you will experience some precession of the gyroscope. In the vertical position the user can freely move the device forwards, backwards, up, down and from side to side without precession occuring. This will not be the case if the users twists the motor in his hand to an angle away from the vertical. However, if you position the motor horizontally, then moving the device from left to right will cause the motor (gyro) to precess. Try it, if you don't believe me.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
Sorry Qiaozhi, I don't speak, or understand EE language, and as an outsider, I had a different impression of what "crap" was supposed to look like.

No, I am not the designer, or manufacturer of items in the photo Carl, has displayed, and creditited me for. Scientist I know, don't form conclusions based on presumption, assumption, stupid inference/ implication games, or money challenge publicity scams. EE's posting here would do well to research & test before jumping to inferences or conclusions. and practice forming conclusions based on fact, least, they reveal themselves as practicioners of pretend science.

Fact, can only be based on each individuals knowledge and true personal experience. If you have not made the effort to learn what others have already learned, through your own trial & error, or shared the same experience that others have reported, then you do not have the facts to base any conclusions whatsoever on.

Carl's prejudice, and childish inference games do not necessarily have any basis in truth, or fact, as he has already amply demonstrated. Qiaozhi, so far you "appear" to be Parroting Carl? At first I thought you were unwittingly suckered into his idiotic Inference & Implication game. That benefit of a doubt is subsiding. I hope you prove more intelligent than to publicly practice the pseudo science of spectulative judgement. Dell
I don't think there is any presumption, inference or parroting going on here. This simple circuit has clearly been "designed" (or perhaps that's the wrong word ) by someone with little knowledge of electronics. No presumption or guesswork is needed to clearly see that it is a "crap" design. It doesn't appear to have any useful function, apart from discharging the battery.
Anyway I still fail to understand why you are so upset about a circuit that, as you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
No, I am not the designer, or manufacturer of items in the photo Carl, has displayed, and creditited me for.
I am beginning to think there is a closer connection than you wish to reveal. :confused:
Also, I do not comprehend your references to "pretend science" and "pseudo science" when refering to either Carl, myself, or other EEs on this forum, as I believed that was more in your domain.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
I am beginning to think there is a closer connection than you wish to reveal. :confused:
See, there you go publicly making presumption, and inference, just like, Carl. No fact, No Science!
Quote:
Also, I do not comprehend your references to "pretend science" and "pseudo science" when refering to either Carl, myself, or other EEs on this forum, as I believed that was more in your domain.
Carl, has spoken authoritively of things he does not know and has never experieced for himself as being truth, or fact.

Qiaozhi,I do not lie or pretend. I am what I am.
A Kentucky Hillbilly, with a 6th grade formal education in country schools. Sometimes there was one room with only one teacher who taught all grades 1 thru 8. The subjects were the 3 R's, Read'in, Rite'in and Rithmetic, and above all, honesty, which at one time was an atribute which was respected, but obviously not here. I have no ego to get in the way of the truth, so laugh if you must. Dell
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 AM

Hi Qiaozhi,
we speak about different things - controlled and non-contolled movement.Take a brimful cup with water and walk around.When you make turns ,you think about water and take care,make turns slow under control,known about giro-reaction,but when walk ahead your attention is on the road.Then the hand make a little non-controlled turns ,what is "ideomotor movement", the giroscopic reaction of vertical axis can precess in two vertical plane.If the axis is horizontal, accross your direction ahead,left or right turns of arm precess the axis in vertical plane of rod.But turns in another vertical plane will be without precession.
Ofcourse, on diagram of Esteban,we can add a buzzer with sensor to control of inclinations of axis
Or put all dowsing rod in float and walk around with wash-basin, like ancient Chinese compass

Best regards
Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi
I am beginning to think there is a closer connection than you wish to reveal.
A few years ago, an interesting individual, posting on TNet under the name "Toto," wrote about The Parable of Player #27. During a particular play in a football game, the referee threw a penalty flag. Before the ref could even reveal the nature of the infraction, must less the guilty party, player #27 ran up to the ref pleading, "I didn't do it! It wasn't me!" Player #27 was called for holding.

Likewise, as soon as I posted the Rapid Discharge Oscillator, Dell ran out pleading, "I didn't do it! It's not my fault!" Like Player #27, Dell implicated himself as the guilty party... I didn't need to say a word.

Dell, you sure don't seem to be too proud of the equipment you've sold over the years. Every time something of yours gets brought up, you do everything possible to distance yourself from the device, try to blame it on other people, and even attack the person who brought it up. Why is that? Why don't you just say, "Hey, I recognize that... I used to sell them, and here's what it does..."?

Which brings up a prior question... "Is this device garbage, or does it serve a Useful Purpose?" If it serves a Useful Purpose, what is it? Another way of asking the same question is: "When you sold this device, what did you tell the buyer it was supposed to do?"

- Carl
Old 07-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Hi Qiaozhi,
we speak about different things - controlled and non-contolled movement.Take a brimful cup with water and walk around.When you make turns ,you think about water and take care,make turns slow under control,known about giro-reaction,but when walk ahead your attention is on the road.Then the hand make a little non-controlled turns ,what is "ideomotor movement", the giroscopic reaction of vertical axis can precess in two vertical plane.If the axis is horizontal, accross your direction ahead,left or right turns of arm precess the axis in vertical plane of rod.But turns in another vertical plane will be without precession.
Ofcourse, on diagram of Esteban,we can add a buzzer with sensor to control of inclinations of axis
Or put all dowsing rod in float and walk around with wash-basin, like ancient Chinese compass
Best regards
Hi Seeker.
OK - I see what your getting at. We were indeed talking at cross purposes.
I totally agree that the "ideomotor movement" could cause some precession to occur. As you are probably aware, I am not a fan of this dowsing and LRL stuff, but I'm always in favour of experimentation.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
A few years ago, an interesting individual, posting on TNet under the name "Toto," wrote about The Parable of Player #27. During a particular play in a football game, the referee threw a penalty flag. Before the ref could even reveal the nature of the infraction, must less the guilty party, player #27 ran up to the ref pleading, "I didn't do it! It wasn't me!" Player #27 was called for holding.

Likewise, as soon as I posted the Rapid Discharge Oscillator, Dell ran out pleading, "I didn't do it! It's not my fault!" Like Player #27, Dell implicated himself as the guilty party... I didn't need to say a word.

Dell, you sure don't seem to be too proud of the equipment you've sold over the years. Every time something of yours gets brought up, you do everything possible to distance yourself from the device, try to blame it on other people, and even attack the person who brought it up. Why is that? Why don't you just say, "Hey, I recognize that... I used to sell them, and here's what it does..."?

Which brings up a prior question... "Is this device garbage, or does it serve a Useful Purpose?" If it serves a Useful Purpose, what is it? Another way of asking the same question is: "When you sold this device, what did you tell the buyer it was supposed to do?"

- Carl
I like this analogy.
Perhaps this thread should have been called "The Winders Windup".
Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Guru

Default Ummmmm... Now waitta minute.....

This appears to be a very useful circuit to me. Are you aware that certain kinds of batteries should be fully discharged before recharging them for another day of finding amazing treasures? Yup it's true! This circuit is obviously designed to discharge a nicad pack so you will get uniform recharging. Yessiree! if you got this cutting edge circuit built into yer lrl, then you can be the first on yer continent to get a truly good recharge on yer nicads, and continue to find maximum treasures of untold wealth! don't leave home without it!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Guru

Default Soooo.. Do I win the american tourister luggage? Huh? (nt)

Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 AM

Default sorry I didn't catch this thread sooner

because I could have cleared it up right off the bat. Why? Because when I first got interested in treasure hunting early on, I tried one of Dell's machines. I grabbed the rods and it shocked the crap out of me. That was the final straw. I opened up the unit and found a 555 mounted on a piece of perf board and the circuit you showed in the "reciever". The whole thing was hot glued to the bottom of the case. $40/hour??!! You got ripped off.:mad:

It was described as a MFD putting out 3 frequencies. I knew that this was false because a 555 doesn't put out 3 frequencies and no other electronics were present to make this happen. It was also advertised that 6 elements were "Programmed in the microprocessor". There was no processor and the only programming were 6 resistors to change the frequency. Thankfully I had an honest dealer who heard what I had to say and he let me send it back in trade for a magnetometer.
Boattow
Old 08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Thankfully I had an honest dealer who heard what I had to say and he let me send it back in trade for a magnetometer.
Boattow, I have no record of an exchange for a Magnetometer. Apparently, the product was not manufactured by me, nor did you purchase the product from me? Dell
Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 AM

Default You are correct...and not correct

I did not buy it from you. I believe there were at least one other dealer selling your units all those years ago.

When this occured, I emailed you about all these things and you didn't deny any of it, you stated that this was accurate and acted like that was OK...nothing wrong with saying it had a microprocessor when it didn't, using such amateur building techniques, and shocking the crap out of your customers.

You are correct, it was not manufactured by you. You have stated many times over the years that you don't manufacture the items you sell. I always thought you had said Vernon Rose built your units but I recently learned you pay an EE $40 an hour to build your stuff.

Quite honestly, when I confronted you about it all those years ago, I expected you to say something like the guts were not yours and must have been changed out or tampered with but you didn't say anything like that. You acted like what I was stating was exactly what is in your product and that there was nothing wrong with that. Luckily for me the company that I bought it from let me return it and credit me towards an exchange for a magnetometer.

I'm not trying to discredit you. I'm only stating fact. I just find it odd that you are back peddling on this now that we are in an open forum. If you indeed have records like that, then you should be able to go through your old emails and figure out who I am.

I'm also not saying that LRL's do or do not work. I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I know that scientifically there is every reason why they shouldn't work but on the other hand I have seen some amazing things with LRLs. Finally, I don't always agree with Carl or his tactics. I just think when you argue with Carl, you lose.
Boattow
Old 08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Guru

Boattow, thank you for your honesty and clarification. Those records are in storage, supplying a meal for the bugs we have in Florida. I'm sorry, but it would require a lot of time and paper sorting for me to recognize who you are.

I started as a distributor for Vernon's products, and later continued as a dealer. I have never denied , or tried to hide the fact that the workmanship on the Vernon's VR series wasn't very pretty. But, I always obtained good results from my own field use with his products, and my customers reported the same results, so I can't fault his circuit as not working, no matter what componnents he used. I even added my personal backup to his factory warranty.

Actually, I had received 8 or 10 calls from VR customers telling me they would receive a mild shock when the Rods would cross on a signal line. I asked if the shock came when they touched the Rods together, and they reported it happened when they crossed the target signal line and the rods were not touching together. Most seemed to be pleased with this physical reaction to the target Signal line and thought it was a great feature.

Personally, I had never experienced a shock, or a tingle from the rods so I was unaware this could happen. After the customer reports, I was concerned about the possible liability of a person with a pacemaker, other medical device, or using the instrument while wet, and I informed Vernon, that I was not going to risk that chance. Vernon installed a breaker in the belt units and that seemed to eliminate the shock hazard, but I did continue to add a Shock hazard warning, just in case.

I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to shed some light on the situation. When Carl, started his silly, name the drawing game, I had no idea what he was alluding to, but it had the inference of an entrapment scam, which turned out to be the case.

Thanks again! Dell
Old 08-10-2006, 01:52 AM

I just tuned into this thread but do I understand that this circuit is in a Dell device ?

John Tomlinson, CET
Old 08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Administrator

So far, Dell has not been proud enough of this technological masterpiece to step forward and take responsibility... instead, he keeps blaming other people. But the fellow who sent it to me, bought it from Dell, and indeed, it had "Dell Omnitron" written on it.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:26 AM

Hi Carl, I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt(I have never believed these devices do what they say) but I now know why he didn't answer my question as to why a couple of bent pieces of wires called rods command a price of 300.00 ! Chris's description of these guys(wallet miners) is very accurate wouldn't you say Carl ? Shame on you Dell ! CU later Carl.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors
Old 08-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Guru

The Skeptic cult continues to resort to trickery, deception, untruths, inferences and the spreading of malicious rumours against Dell Winders. This effort has been evidenced more than once on this website

In another attempt to defend and protect my llife long reputation of honesty & integrity, which is being attacked, I'm stating for the record that I am NOT the manufacturer of ANY products that have been on the market prior to 1999.

Quote:
Hi Carl, I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt(I have never believed these devices do what they say) but I now know why he didn't answer my question as to why a couple of bent pieces of wires called rods command a price of 300.00 ! Chris's description of these guys(wallet miners) is very accurate wouldn't you say Carl ? Shame on you Dell !

CU later Carl.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors
There are NO "bent pieces of wire called Rods" for sale on my website for $300, and never have been. http://www.omnitron.net

SHAME on you for intentionally creating and spreading lies about me, John Tomlinson. I'm sure Carl, Chris, and the rest of the Skeptic Cult, are very proud of you for joining their cause, and proving your worth.

"THE DOOR TO KNOWLEDGE & UNDERSTANDING IS NEVER OPEN TO A CLOSED, OR PREJUDICED MIND". Dell Winders