LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 07-09-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Copen Prospecting Instrument

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience pertaining to the Copen Prospecting Instrument? Up until several years ago it was manufactured by Bruce Copen Laboratories, located in the U.K. They have dropped the item from their catalog but they can build it on request. The company's web site is found at http://www.copen.co.uk/

Old 07-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator

"Radionics", "Radiesthesia", and "Electronic Homoeopathy" are terms that immediately suggest pseudoscience. In looking at a few of their product offerings, I'll go so far as to suggest this company is 100%, totally through-and-through, B.S.

- Carl
Old 07-11-2005, 02:01 AM

This kind of crap has been used and sold by scam artists since the day after electricity was discovered. Why the governments don't shut these crooks down is a mystery to this old GI radar tech.
-- Robert Frost

Old 07-12-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Copen Prospecting Instrument

Carl-NC and Largesarge,

I appreciate your warnings. What I am looking for at this time, though, is detailed information on this particular device from anybody who has owned or used it.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Administrator

I have not owned or used one. If you do find any further info, please let me know. Got any pics of the device?

- Carl
Old 07-13-2005, 01:41 AM

I have Copen's 1993 catalog which shows a small black and white photo of this device on page 49. I see a plastic cabinet, measuring 8 2/3 in. x 8 2/3 in. x 3 3/4 in. The top panel has ten rotary knobs, a recessed plastic cup, an on-off switch, what appears to be a momentary switch, and some other small feature which I cannot identify. It uses a 9-volt battery. Included are a pendulum (I'm sure you will love that, Carl. ha ha), antennae, handbook with set of rates in alphabetical order, and the battery. The price in 1993 was 173.00 pounds sterling or 325.00 U.S. dollars. I have never seen one of these in person.