LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 01-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Guru

Default Back to this conductivity thing

https://www.fondriest.com/environmen...-salinity-tds/

Notice here the temperature has quite an effect--hot weather means higher conductivity--like +50%.

I posted this link elsewhere but think it deserves it's own thread.

My theory, okay my Wile E. Coyote theory LOL, says conductive ground is bad for locating. I realize this seems illogical and that conductive ground should allow a signal to travel easier. But that's not how the W.E.C. sees it. The ground has to charge up--pressurize--like a car's hydraulic brake lines system.

https://gpg.geosci.xyz/content/physi...duplicate.html

Conductive ground is like leaks in the brake lines--the pressure dissipates and the energy is not transferred. That's supposed to be a longitudinal wave.

Follow the link below for an explanation.

http://amasci.com/tesla/tmistk.html
Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 PM
Guru

That's why the hand-held units don't get it. It takes several minutes for the ground to get charged. That's why i say put the hand-held down on the ground, wait fives minutes, then circle it with an L-rod(s). People are obstinate about this--refuse to even consider it. And besides, holding the transmitter so close to your face or belly (belt-mounted transmitter even worse because so close to your body) is not safe and can cause DNA damage. Stay away from those hand-helds or expect to grow some tumors.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Guru

Konstantin Meyl has a website with free on-line videos where he discusses the dangers how your DNA acts as a receiver antenna. And he has written books on the subject. All it takes is tiny amounts of power--like enough to light an LED brightly is already dangerous. Add an amplifier and you're begging for even more troubles. But you should study this if you are planning to use one (the back-alley "surgeons" not care about anything but grabbing more money) and especially if you are planning to build and sell them. Anything less is criminal, not to mention Bad Karma.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Guru

I post this info and instead of getting thanks and praise all i get is negative, hateful feelings. This is as sick world.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Guru

What happens when light goes through something like water? How about a prism? What about dirt? Why is it when you get a hot spot and dig and there is nothing there? Many say the target has moved. Some even say the target's field is tilted and does not come straight up. How does the frequency affect how much the light bends? What happens when you try to run an LRL signal through a wall or other solid? Does it go straight through or bend? Does the density of the solid affect how much the signal bends?

I know some people say just adjust the frequency until you get a line directly to the target. But is this practical? Is it possible to know or even to guess how much to adjust for a deeply buried target? The signal line to a target on the surface is going to behave differently than a buried one. Hint: it's not the earth's magnetic field.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:09 PM
Guru

I've said in the past that the day the snow melts is great locating conditions. The melted snow water has very low conductivity and I guess same thing after a rain--the salts in the ground get diluted somewhat.

Temperatures increase 1 degree C adds 2-4% conductivity. That's huge. Most years I did no locating during the Summer months. Never knew why but this is it. So if nothing else, go early in the day in warm weather.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:08 PM
Guru

Sorry i am grouchy. I just get that way from time to time and really for no apparent reason, just internet personality disorder LOL. Not upset with anyone here. Hope you enjoy reading my take on some of this stuff. I know there is the signal diffraction but how much or even which direction is something I don't know. And any conductors in the ground are going to change the signal line to follow the path of least resistance. One thing to do is get readings from all sides and then average them. Not very accurate but may make the difference in finding the target or not.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:35 PM
Guru

It's perfectly
It is clear
By testing the MFD generator
In wet and dry soils
Spacing distance Sense is low or high
I have soil resistance And electrical conduction Changes
Old 01-29-2019, 04:31 PM
Guru

Yes, I've noticed after rainfall the signal strength is not as good. Soil is river sand, with much minerals and black sand and also clay which absorbs and hold moisture--not good.

i have also noticed this when metal detecting in frozen ground--not good because the moisture is trapped in the soil.

I have not done any experiments yet, but higher temperature is not good. I would expect soil temperature is not as high in shady areas or on cloudy days. Early morning or very late in the day after sun is low.

Abbe Mermet talked about blazing sunshine not so good for dowsing.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Guru

I'm sure you are well aware that in bright sunshine dry sand can reach temperatures of 135-140F or 60C. I would guess that would totally destroy any locating.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Guru

Maybe you have right at dowsing systems.
But at most lrl we need high temperature
Before many years i wrote that temperature is bad friend of lrls. After one year i noted that at place that i made the tests a man every morning irrigate the place so at noon or afternnon that i would make the test the humidy was high and the detection was for cry
Old 02-01-2019, 07:55 PM

Hello Mike!
I think the good result in dowsing comes from 3 conditions.
1 buried metal, its location, what type of soil it is, if it has dried leaves of tree helps to create the phenomenon, phenomenon is important etc.
2 The soil, the more moisture the metals will have on the surface, if the humidity is low you will go deeper into what deep metals we can see deep phenomena etc.
3 The atmosphere is a good conductor. For example, a cellular antenna can travel a 1000 meter iron line and can help if you are looking for lost iron bells in the mountains, but it will make it harder for you to find a gold line too, and the hot sun does not help our organization, etc.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Guru

Temperature was about 40F about 5C. Hard to see but silver half-dollar a little left of center. The "X" was the original mark then got the other line. From nearly 75 feet about 22 meters.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2019, 02:46 AM
Guru

Temperature variable is for conductive ground. Higher temperature means higher conductivity means more signal dissipation (I would add: inverse square rule has more effect). This is with a transmitter. This is not my opinion--this is what the geophysics reports say.

I don't know but it is possible a passive receiver or even dowsing might work better in high temp/high conductivity. Haven't done any experiments with this. Abbe Mermet said blazing sun not good for dowsing--cloudy weather is better. I don't know if he was in conductive ground or not.

My opinion here: I always quit using the frequency generators during the Summer months. I assume the above explanation has something to do with that. I didn't have any explanation at the time other than was not getting good results. i said melt snow was very good conditions. Those reports also show this--melting snow is low conductivity and when mixed with ground water will dilute the salts etc. that cause the higher conductivity.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Guru

All soil has SOME conductivity. Therefore, increased temperature is going to increase this amount in ANY soil. It's not like melted snow or rain water is going to eliminate this, just help to lower it.

However, I recall reading some metal detectorists say immediately after a rain is not the best detecting conditions--more like a few days AFTER the rain (maybe three days, can't recall). So I assume this means the ground needs to dry out somewhat. With clay the water gets absorbed and I would expect it takes longer to dry out. Again, this is not my opinion. I have also heard LRL manufactures talking about the difficulties of working in clay--conductive ground is bad.

So simple logic says to work in cooler soil conditions, be it metal detecting, dowsing, or LRL. Maybe ouija board not affected, but I even doubt this because I have read that map dowsers need to view the weather patterns of the area to be searched, and stormy weather will cause problems. I realize people get an idea in their head and refuse to consider any other possibility. Me, too. But maybe other people who have not set their thoughts in concrete might consider this.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Guru

BTW, that photo was not maximum anything, range or power level. i was running lower power and the 75 feet just happened to be where the test target landed. My back yard is about a hundred feet across so that's all the practice room i have.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Do not pay attention to the lines of the seasons. No one waits for snow 5 degrees Celsius or some solar storm to operate the dowsing a normal day is ok if there is not a line you want some time will come another for you when it is possible.

Radio frequency for me does nothing other than to dance with the existing metal lines does not help this in dowsing of course there are many other things that can help very positively in a field of research.

*Many people who have experimented with frequencies like me. They say they had good results in a field of testing like their garden but only there (I can explain this to you.), Out of the field, the results were very unpleasant, the frequency that found gold caught iron like before.

If you imagine the metal lines and why they exist, you will understand how they work differently.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Guru

I posted the photo to show that warm temperatures are not necessary. My device is frequency driven. So far i have not much luck with it in the field, but I have made some changes since last Autumn and will changing the power supply hopefully this week.

But will it work? Of course I want to say it will work, but i know better than to make predictions. Stay tuned and we will see. Probably two months before I do any real searching. And if these modifications aren't the breakthrough i desire, I will continue the quest.

And if I do get it, then i have more ideas for different configurations. But no hand-held as it a health hazard to your DNA. Maybe a metal detector style with low power for shallow targets at close range or pull cart with higher power for deeper targets. Of course a drone would be the best of all worlds.

Probably many hurdles to get over with a drone--interference with the flight controls might require a tow-behind unit.