LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Hi Dave,

why exactly 19.2kHz, why simply not 19.0kHz?
He told you that everyone frequency is the same, no matter witchone
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
If you go to the gold prospecting forums, the people who are actually finding gold are doing it with the following frequencies (all in kHz) 13, 14, 17.8, 19.2, 48, and 71. Using machines that I designed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
I really cant understand you but with that what you are saing that there is no real resonant frequency for gold, and of course other elements you are demanting this forum. YOu said alone that you are selling machines - LRL what are working at as you say ;;fantasy gold frequency;;.
The frequencies Dave J. has listed are used in real conventional metal detectors, not LRLs. Dave does not design or sell LRLs.

The bottom line is that you can use any frequency you like. It really doesn't matter, as long as you believe it will work. I would suggest experimenting with 65kHz (give or take 10kHz) as this is popular with pistol detector builders.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Guru

I could design and sell LRL's, George, but by choice I prefer not to. If I didn't have a real job and was facing starvation, maybe I'd choose to get into the LRL business after all.

--Dave J.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
There's a reason, but it's a trade secret. It doesn't have anything to do with gold per se, the gold wouldn't care.

--Dave J.
I didn't meant gold related, but circuit physics related, OK, thanks Dave, I understand.

Is this 19.2kHz related to digital design of prospecting machine only, or to analog devices too?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Guru

The original 1980's Gold Bug was all-analog, the new GB's have a microprocessor. Both run at 19.2 kHz for somewhat similar (undisclosed) reasons.

Since it's a thoroughly proven frequency for gold, it ought to work for LRL'ing at least as well as any other frequency a person might fancy-- provided that it doesn't interfere with your metal detector.

--Dave J.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Guru

Default Gold Bug freq

Quote:
The original 1980's Gold Bug was all-analog, the new GB's have a microprocessor. Both run at 19.2 kHz for somewhat similar (undisclosed) reasons.

Since it's a thoroughly proven frequency for gold, it ought to work for LRL'ing at least as well as any other frequency a person might fancy-- provided that it doesn't interfere with your metal detector.

--Dave J.
It is well known dave that the higher frequency helps to find small pieces of gold. Most of the detectors used for gold prospecting run at higher frequencies. The Tesoro Lobo and the Tesoro Tejon run at about 18 KHz.
Goldfinder
Old 09-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Guru

Default frequency for "micron gold"?

LRL fans often talk about having located "micron gold". Maybe their secret gold frequency is in the micron wavelength range. Since the gold thus located is of the imaginary kind, the transmitter evidently transmits only on the j axis. Fortunately without any power on the real axis, the transmitter itself can be imaginary. People make it sound so hard to build an LRL when in fact it's so easy!

The Gold Bug 2 runs at a frequency of 540 gigaradians/fortnight. No wonder it finds such small stuff! And since the phase sweeps through all 2 pi radians, the power is real and the gold thus found is real, users post photos of it. And owners of other models from other manufacturers (not even of LRL's!) don't question whether the GB2 actually works or not. 540 gigaradians/fortnight, the phase rotating through all 2 pi radians, imagine that!

--Dave J.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
LRL fans often talk about having located "micron gold". Maybe their secret gold frequency is in the micron wavelength range. Since the gold thus located is of the imaginary kind, the transmitter evidently transmits only on the j axis. Fortunately without any power on the real axis, the transmitter itself can be imaginary. People make it sound so hard to build an LRL when in fact it's so easy!

The Gold Bug 2 runs at a frequency of 540 gigaradians/fortnight. No wonder it finds such small stuff! And since the phase sweeps through all 2 pi radians, the power is real and the gold thus found is real, users post photos of it. And owners of other models from other manufacturers (not even of LRL's!) don't question whether the GB2 actually works or not. 540 gigaradians/fortnight, the phase rotating through all 2 pi radians, imagine that!

--Dave J.
Sorry Dave G. , but I think frequency is measured in Hertz (HZ), not in gigaradians/fortnight
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligula View Post
Sorry Dave G. , but I think frequency is measured in Hertz (HZ), not in gigaradians/fortnight
Dave J (not Dave G, by the way) is being deliberately facetious.
However, for the record, his statement of 540 gigaradians/fortnight is still [strictly speaking] correct.

TX frequency of Gold Bug 2 = 71kHz.
Therefore:
71000 * 2pi * 3600 * 24 * 7 * 2 = 539.61E9
i.e. 540 gigaradians/fortnight.

Please be aware that these types of units will become obsolete in the future when we move to metric time. Under the new system there will be 100 seconds to the minute, 100 minutes to the hour, and 20-hour days. Seconds will be referred to as millidays, minutes as centidays, and hours as decidays. Terms such as "a month of Sundays" and "fortnight" will be abolished.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 AM

I have no knowledge for this anymore, and I have no interest, so I'm over with my posts.