LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
If so, then we can say that LRL is working for you.
Wish you a lot of such "findings".
Hi WM6 and thanks for the whishes.
The only problem is that serious treasures are hidden carefully and they are difficult to discover or pick up.
Most of the times are inside caves and there you have a problem finding the X spot.
Usually it is too many holes in afew square meters and huge rocks dificult to climb.You will be lucky if you can go on the top of the rock to walk and estimate where about you are.
You don't know exactly from whicd hole you can get into the hot spot and even if you find it there is so much work to be done that you might get tired or fed up and you finally stop the operation.
The luckiest is when you find something which is just underneath a relativelly small rock or a big stone. Again you must be lucky if you can detect it whith a pulse detector to confirm the detection of the LRL.
As time passed by I found out that treasure burried just in the soil is vary rare in Greece and I don't believe other guys that say different.I have found original maps talking about treasures and then confirm it whith the LRL but for reasons as the ones I described above I still cannot get them.
Well I am not talking about ancient treasure when I am saying that, which you can also find them by just digging a hole in the ground.
I am talking about gold sovereigns or jewelry or other gold coins only from a few centuries back and not more.
You must be very carefull over here because the law has very heavy penalties to show when something archeological is envolved.

I would like to ask your opinion WM6 about the Depth CAT International 33 XD(cscope) which you put in the thread "the only working LRL"
I am in a case that there is something gold about 40cm in length but most likely is to be in a small room which its roof starts about 1.5m underneath the ground surface.I cannot tell the depth when I am infront of something like that. There is big tolerance and it is even difficult to tell the exact spot.You are always a few meters arround.
I don't know how tall that small room is but I am unable to confirm the target using my lorenz X3. I don't know for sure where I should dig and maybe it is really deep.
I am sure that its size is not enough for a pulse machine to detect at this depth.
But then I am sure that the treasure is there and I am trying to find some other solution to my problem.
I even tried an EMFAD(UG-12) but there are no enough transmisions in that place so data recording was impossible.I couldn't reach a local maximum signal to tune the EMFAD properly.
Do you think that the CSCOPE Depth CAT International 33 XD can do the job giving me the depth as well?
Does it need the transmitter to be able to read depth or even to detect such a target?
The place there is clean & flat and very easy to work.
Anybodys help will be appreciated.
Regards
g-sani
Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani
Hey J_P I want you to arrange for me a fishing trip whith those girls.
I am sure it would be unforgetable.
I told you that your Stick and this video now remind me of when I was a youngster fishing mostly whith my hands.
You see I grew and still live in a house just hundrend meters from my small town's river.
But tio tell you the truth I never thought that girls can fish like that.
Sure it would be unforgettable.
After they catch the fish, they can cook it for you too...
and can make dessert for you too...

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post

Do you think that the CSCOPE Depth CAT International 33 XD can do the job giving me the depth as well?
Does it need the transmitter to be able to read depth or even to detect such a target?
If target is of dimension like cylinder 10x40cm it is worth to try with CS33XD especialy if terrain is relatively clean of metallic waste.

Transmitter is important (power, placement, directivity, antenna polarisation) but it is still only auxiliary device. Main unit which can detect, pinpoint, measure depth is Receiver unit not Transmitter.

Receiver CS33XD shall be purchased, Transmitter can be purchased or build by yourself.

Factory Transmitter are relatively weak because of EMI limitations for such devices, but for test purposess you can build more powerfull device and place it away from search terrain and get some benefits from wave polarisation and that you do not need to often change Transmitter position in this case.

If your search terrain is covered by strong enough radio wave of some public or military transmitter at CS33XD receiving frequency, you do not need to purchace or build your own Transmitter unit.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Guru

Quote:
If target is of dimension like cylinder 10x40cm it is worth to try with CS33XD especialy if terrain is relatively clean of metallic waste.

Transmitter is important (power, placement, directivity, antenna polarisation) but it is still only auxiliary device. Main unit which can detect, pinpoint, measure depth is Receiver unit not Transmitter.

Receiver CS33XD shall be purchased, Transmitter can be purchased or build by yourself.

Factory Transmitter are relatively weak because of EMI limitations for such devices, but for test purposess you can build more powerfull device and place it away from search terrain and get some benefits from wave polarisation and that you do not need to often change Transmitter position in this case.

If your search terrain is covered by strong enough radio wave of some public or military transmitter at CS33XD receiving frequency, you do not need to purchace or build your own Transmitter unit.
Thank you very much WM6.
I just found the description of what the detector does in english.
.................................................. .................................................. .....................
Description
Like our Cable Avoidance Tool; the ‘XD' is quick, easy to operate and easily able to cope with the rigours of life on construction and utility maintenance sites. It is still a simple to use, ‘pick-up-and-go' Locator, suitable for all levels of staff and will provide valuable information about the position of buried pipes and cables, reliably and quickly, time after time.
When combined with a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator and accessories, the Cable Avoidance Tool XD becomes a versatile, all round pipe and cable locating, tracing and depth measuring package. Robustly made and equipped with LCD meter, detachable loudspeaker and easy-to-operate fingertip controls and simple push button depth measurement, the C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool XD is the ideal Locator for those wanting to detect buried services quickly and with confidence.
The C.Scope Cable Avoidance Tool XD has three classic detection modes each with their own unique advantages:

The POWER mode is the quickest way to detect most buried electricity cables by detecting the signal created by the electrical current itself.
The RADIO mode detects re-radiated "radio" type signals that are often present on metal pipes and cables allowing their position to be determined using just the Cable Avoidance Tool alone.
The GENERATOR mode is used to detect the signal applied to a metal pipe or cable by a C.Scope SGA or SGV Signal Generator. In addition, the Generator mode can be used to detect the signal being transmitted by a C.Scope Sonde for non-metallic pipe tracing. In both instances the depth of the service will be displayed simply at the press of a button.

The display indicates:
Signal strength.
Battery condition.
Confirmation of selected mode.
Depth in G mode
Frequency
P - 50-400 Hz R - 15-20 kHz G - 33 kHz
Depth of detection
Live mode up to 3m
Sonde mode up to 6m
Shallow depth indication - less than 0.25m
.................................................. .................................................. .....................
I think I will get it.Six meters in depth capability while in mode "G" will be ok.
As you said, it is not that expensive anyway.
Thanks again
g-sani
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
I think I will get it.Six meters in depth capability while in mode "G" will be ok.
As you said, it is not that expensive anyway.
Thanks again
g-sani
There are a few (but basically the same) versions of this cScope locators:

http://www.cslocators.com/products/

Probably is better to chose general poupose MXL version (with MXT transmitter) over the XD version. Here you can read MXL manual:

http://www.cslocators.com/assets/pdf...Manual2009.pdf
Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Guru

Quote:
There are a few (but basically the same) versions of this cScope locators:

http://www.cslocators.com/products/

Probably is better to chose general poupose MXL version (with MXT transmitter) over the XD version. Here you can read MXL manual:

http://www.cslocators.com/assets/pdf...Manual2009.pdf
Yes, I better check specs of others as well.
Regards
g-sani
Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Please!

I don't want to keep reminding you ... write in English!
Otherwise it is difficult for others to follow the discussion.
If you need a reminder of the forum rules, please read this ->
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10526

Next time I will simply delete all non-English posts. It's all Greek to me anyway.
http://translate.google.com/translat...orumgreek.com/