LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Dowsing & Passive Locators

Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default A simple question? Post your answer/thoughts

Here's some simple, or not so simple questions. I think it depends if your simple or not.
If you stand on the ground with shoes on, are you grounded or not?
If you stand on the ground barefoot, are you grounded or not?
If you stand in the sea water are you grounded or not?

But before you reply, think, if your total body is grounded, then why does your heart keep pulsing?

rgds
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Guru

Who do you think is mystified by your question?

Has it occurred to you that you might not like the answer?

--Dave J.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Banned

Default A meal is only as good as the cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
Who do you think is mystified by your question?

Has it occurred to you that you might not like the answer?

--Dave J.
Hello Dave If your refering to the fact that there have been no replies to this, well of course there hasn't. I answered the question within the question. It's just something that members can think about. But wow, it must have hit a mystifing nerve for you to actually reply to it, and I like the answer that you are mystified by it.
Try this one; Do you know the song stairway to heaven? There's a section in the lyrics that says "and it makes me wonder". Do you know the song? If yes, does it really make you wonder?
rgds
Old 06-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Guru

Gullibilly dowsers couldn't respond because either they don't understand the questions, or because they do understand the questions and are afraid that to answer will lead to a severe debunking.

That song "Stairway to Heaven" was pop for a while, but I thunk it stunk.

If anyone posts that they want Dedevil's fake mystery cleared up, I'll be happy to oblige.

--Dave J.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Default It's a simple question Dave

Quote:
Gullibilly dowsers couldn't respond because either they don't understand the questions, or because they do understand the questions and are afraid that to answer will lead to a severe debunking.

That song "Stairway to Heaven" was pop for a while, but I thunk it stunk.

If anyone posts that they want Dedevil's fake mystery cleared up, I'll be happy to oblige.

--Dave J.
As i said i believe i answered the question within the question just arouse members minds, but please go ahead and clear up my fake mystery.
p.s. As i stated; I think it depends if your simple or not!
rgds
Old 06-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post
Here's some simple, or not so simple questions. I think it depends if your simple or not.
If you stand on the ground with shoes on, are you grounded or not?
If you stand on the ground barefoot, are you grounded or not?
If you stand in the sea water are you grounded or not?

But before you reply, think, if your total body is grounded, then why does your heart keep pulsing?

rgds
Well, DeDevil himself turns out to be the one who wants me to jerk the rug out from under his fake mystery, so here goes.

In electricity, the concept of "ground" is a convenient fiction, but only as long as the fiction is maintained under conditions which are convenient. That old saying "ground is ground the world around" ain't so. Not understanding when it ain't so results in people who locate utilities getting shocked by "grounded" utilities, and high speed logic circuits exhibiting logic errors.

Since DeDevil hasn't explained what circuit his supposed grounds are supposed to be a node in, his mystery is fake.

The other half of his fake mystery is asking "if your total body is grounded"...... which it isn't, that's a physical impossibility for any biological organism.

You could of course immerse yourself in the ocean, which would be a pretty good ground with respect to DC electric fields above the water surface given the huge impedance mismatch between air and salt water. Still fictional, though, since DC itself is in the category of convenient fictions. That of course has nothing to do with why your heart keeps beating when you go swimming, or why people who wear tinfoil hats talk the same nonsense with the hat on as with the hat off.

To those who demand that the Universe knuckle under to their wishes and make their fairy tales be facts, science is a horrible, nasty despicable thing. Especially when the science is the very science used by engineers who aren't trying to live in a fairy-tale world to design engineered products that actually work according to those scientific principles! LRL fans came unglued when I reported that for nearly 100 years, long distance LF/VLF long distance locating has been a real science resulting in engineered products that everyone admits works. And that anyone no matter how skeptical they are can prove it to themselves for less than $10. Not many people would choke on any of that, but the LRL fans do. Why? because they're trying to get the Universe to knuckle under to their fairy tales, and being reminded that the Universe doesn't play their game really ruins their day!

--Dave J.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Default SIMPLE

Well, DeDevil himself turns out to be the one who wants me to jerk the rug out from under his fake mystery, so here goes.
I’m an extremely good surfer Dave. EDITED: Keep it civil please... -Carl

In electricity, (So you’re an electrical eng hey? Good start Dave show us all your electrical engineering qualifications) the concept of "ground" is a convenient fiction, but only as long as the fiction is maintained under conditions which are convenient. Like an International standards organization I.S.O. with an internationally recognized symbol. That old saying "ground is ground the world around" (is an ISO standard electrical eng teaching term for use in diagrams) ain't so. Not understanding when it ain't so results in people who locate utilities getting shocked by "grounded" utilities, and high speed logic circuits exhibiting logic errors. Not consulting with aurthorities who have the maps before digging causes this.

Since DeDevil hasn't explained what circuit his supposed grounds are supposed to be a node in, his mystery is fake.
There is no “fake mystery” Dave, there never was! The question was designed to stimulate new members minds that the earths crust has different potentials and what they are taught in school is ground or earth may just be a LOCAL GROUND.
Your reply and carrying on with the subject takes me back to the first lines,… It depends if your simple or not. CONGRATULATIONS! you are now qualified as SIMPLE.

rgds

Last edited by Carl-NC; 06-12-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Guru

Default If you ever...

Well, Mr. Devil,

If you ever provide accurate information about anything, do anything useful for anyone, or build something that actually works......

remember to come back and tell us about it!

Unfortunately, those are things that a person who literally represents himself as the Devil is not likely to know how to do. Perhaps if you picked something or someone more worthwhile to emulate......

--Dave J.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Sorry, DD, Dave is right about this. The answers to all your questions are "no" at best, and meaningless in general, because there is no such thing as absolute ground. Voltage is relative, and so is ground. Earth resistivity meters would not work otherwise.

This reminds me of an old discussion I had with Hung, where he insisted that 'voltage' is an absolute measurement, and 'resistance' is a relative measurement. What do you insist?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Guru

Default How LRL'ers reveal how they think

De Devil has been putting on quite a show of late, quite true to form, too. The LRL'ers are just sitting back letting the guy make them look really, really bad because, well, because, .....as I so often say, "read the advertisement!"

I'm not suggesting that most LRL'ers are like DeDevil. Most are as far as I can tell more or less normal folks who just happen to be gullible; or, if they're marketing, they are just collecting money from people who do sincerely want to be BS'ed and in a quirky sort of way it's a fair dinkum deal. There are a couple of well known people in the LRL biz whom I regard as reprobates from start to finish, but I won't name them this time around.

Then there's DeDevil, a fellow who flat out tells you he's up to no good to anyone whatsoever, and has an excellent track record of demoing that. The LRL'ers refuse to call it what it is even though they're the ones he's making look bad! And that's their "advertisement".

Nothing about this is a mystery. DeDevil is being honest about what he is, gotta give him credit for that much! He hates "skeptics" for reasons I already explained and which he confirmed by actual demonstration, but the LRL'ers haven't figured out what he's doing to them. C'mon, guys, he's jerking you around like a pit bull toying with a rat, and you refuse to call him out on it! And that, folks, is exactly how the world of delusion works.

Several posts back, DeDevil did exactly what people who know they ain't got squat do: he demanded to know what my "credentials" are. And said that people get shocked because they don't trust "authorities".

Anyone who has read the Gospels knows exactly what that kind of thinking is! Do none of you LRL'ers have any religious education whatsoever?

Just for the record: Mr. Devil, you already know that I have no need for credentials nor do I need to follow human authority. Not only that, if you happen to have half a dead fish to offer as a dowsing tool, I dowse frauds without that but in this case it certainly came in handy.

BTW, for those of y'all who might have believed for a split second that there's some ancient scripture that has Jesus dowsing with half a dead fish, there wasn't, Mr. Devil made that whole thing up, it is utter bullschitt. There are some ancient writings that are stranger than some of the screwball stuff being written today, but nothing about Jesus dowsing with half a dead fish. Montana Mike choked on my "atheist with a chopstick" dowsing proposition over on Tnet, but swallows the "half a dead fish" dowsing story from the Devil Himself without objection?

So-called "skeptics" (i.e., people with brains having more backbone than a jellyfish) don't have to make this stuff up, there it is in plain view. If you want to know how the world is kept stupified, there is no better place to research the matter than an LRL forum, I figured that out for my reasons ten years ago and DeDevil seems to have figured it out for his reasons a couple years ago.

LRL'ers, pick your poison. You've got a real choice now.

--Dave J.

Last edited by Dave J.; 06-13-2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: correct grammatical error, sorry I was thinking in Spanish
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

Default There's no right or wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
Sorry, DD, Dave is right about this. The answers to all your questions are "no" at best, and meaningless in general, because there is no such thing as absolute ground. Voltage is relative, and so is ground. Earth resistivity meters would not work otherwise.

This reminds me of an old discussion I had with Hung, where he insisted that 'voltage' is an absolute measurement, and 'resistance' is a relative measurement. What do you insist?
A man is fishing at a river next to a railway line. A train comes towards the man and then travel’s away from the man. Is the train travelling towards or away from the man? Stimulation of the thought of relativity. A simple question Carl. There is no, yes or no’s in the answers. Thought you would be wiser to that. Mirror, mirror on the wall do I have the longest grey NASAL HAIRS of them ALL?
I don’t know about Hung, I thought some of his ideas were ok but he lost me when he went on about some Chinese teleportation video, and haven’t heard from him since. But I’m going to look into what he discussed with you, as it reminds me of a very old radio invention I saw a photo of once. As I understand it the normal ground/earth was used as another antenna and pointed towards the equator for maximum voltage difference. Well if you really put enough thought into it, the theory of electromagnet spectrum is the biggest load of crap ever, and was only caused by static being accused as being the work of the devil and unbeknown by the then science. Therefore the modern day teachings are that the magnifications of static are called magnetism is just some crap word that someone invented to describe science without getting their head chopped offed for worshiping the devil, while receiving a knighthood by the church’s queen.
rgds
Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Administrator

So much for those authorities, eh?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

Default Eh! Eh!

Yeh bloody authorities hey, I guess they are needed to a certain point and divining gave birth to sciences which in turn divided people due to their ways of thinking or beliefs and then religion turned up and there was a lot of money to be made which caused wars,ete,etc
Here’s another simple question Does Ohms Law Pass a blind test? Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjl-qRy71w
to see the answer.
The original question was intended more as a statement to stimulate minds, Like, is the world flat or round. A person sitting on a beach would say it’s fairly flat. While looking at the planet from outer space it would appear round. The power of thinking small and large at the same time is a good way to look at things.
Two blokes turn up to a Royal show, the first one says, Your majesty I bring you a manifestation of static “the work of the devil”, it attracts other objects. OFF WITH HIS HEAD IS THE REPLY!. The other bloke turns up and says Your majesty I bring you MAGNETISM! Very good is the reply, you shall now be known as SIR magnetism.
The radio I mentioned was on rex research. What a clever bugger this guy was. The gnd/erth lead was connected to a device that was pointed towards the equator. This guy knew more about radio than Marconi, what a pitty he didn’t have an advertising company!.
rgds
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Guru

Default LRL fans, this one's for you!

Quote:
Here’s another simple question Does Ohms Law Pass a blind test? Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjl-qRy71w
to see the answer.
Usually I don't click on links provided by prestidigitators and gullibillies, because they just link to more of the same. But I wasted time with curiosity on this one.

The guy's a BS'er. Anyone who actually builds electrical stuff that works or who fixes stuff that worked and then failed, will watch this flick and wonder how the guy ever gets through a revolving turnstile without getting his shirt (or worse) caught in it.

Anyone who wants to understand how the world of delusion propagates itself, Dedevil's link provides a first class example of how it's done. Click on it and see for yourself. This much, Dedevil and I agree on: if you want to "read the advertisement", this is a good one.

And what a coincidence, I'm presently teaching a class on the same subject! And, running a con game isn't an option for me, because the boss pokes his head into the class now and then and asks the students if I'm teaching the class well. The reason he cares is because we manufacture stuff that has to work (it can't be faked), and the class comprises engineers who have to design that stuff that has to work and can't be faked.

I have already commented in other posts that Dedevil (his avatar, I'm not making this up!) is true to his calling, he is in the business of ruining anyone who follows him and has nothing useful whatsoever to contribute to anything. To say such a thing about him is not unfair, he's the one who chose to take on that persona!

The LRL'ers stand back in wonderment, dazzled by his performance and afraid to call a spade a spade.

LRL'ers, why is it that you are so willingly conned by this guy who probably never dowsed a damn thing in his life other than a sucker for a con game, yet you choke on critics who are mostly earning their living by designing things that actually work? The reason you can't answer that question straight is because of a real simple reason that both Dedevil and I agree on: you want reality to be something different from what it really is, and are too proud to admit that reality is lord of all and doesn't cave in to your complaints about how it goes about its business.

For those of religious bent, regardless of what your religion may be, I commend to you the book of Job in the Christian "Old Testament" (Jewish "Tanakh"). Job is superb commentary on how people keep themselves in misery by making demands on reality which reality isn't interested in caving in to. It's so "on topic" (in the context of this forum) that the story is cast as a contest between the LORD and the Devil. It's not history, it's a fictional story, so no "belief" is even necessary, it's all a question of what you see when the light bulb is turned on for you.

Got a riddle for ya, Dedevil...... "How many Lucifers does it take to turn on a light bulb?" LRL'ers await your answer with bated breath.

--Dave J.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Usually I don't click on links provided by prestidigitators and gullibillies, because they just link to more of the same. But I wasted time with curiosity on this one.

The guy's a BS'er. Anyone who actually builds electrical stuff that works or who fixes stuff that worked and then failed, will watch this flick and wonder how the guy ever gets through a revolving turnstile without getting his shirt (or worse) caught in it.

Anyone who wants to understand how the world of delusion propagates itself, Dedevil's link provides a first class example of how it's done. Click on it and see for yourself. This much, Dedevil and I agree on: if you want to "read the advertisement", this is a good one.

And what a coincidence, I'm presently teaching a class on the same subject! And, running a con game isn't an option for me, because the boss pokes his head into the class now and then and asks the students if I'm teaching the class well. The reason he cares is because we manufacture stuff that has to work (it can't be faked), and the class comprises engineers who have to design that stuff that has to work and can't be faked.

I have already commented in other posts that Dedevil (his avatar, I'm not making this up!) is true to his calling, he is in the business of ruining anyone who follows him and has nothing useful whatsoever to contribute to anything. To say such a thing about him is not unfair, he's the one who chose to take on that persona!

The LRL'ers stand back in wonderment, dazzled by his performance and afraid to call a spade a spade.

LRL'ers, why is it that you are so willingly conned by this guy who probably never dowsed a damn thing in his life other than a sucker for a con game, yet you choke on critics who are mostly earning their living by designing things that actually work? The reason you can't answer that question straight is because of a real simple reason that both Dedevil and I agree on: you want reality to be something different from what it really is, and are too proud to admit that reality is lord of all and doesn't cave in to your complaints about how it goes about its business.

For those of religious bent, regardless of what your religion may be, I commend to you the book of Job in the Christian "Old Testament" (Jewish "Tanakh"). Job is superb commentary on how people keep themselves in misery by making demands on reality which reality isn't interested in caving in to. It's so "on topic" (in the context of this forum) that the story is cast as a contest between the LORD and the Devil. It's not history, it's a fictional story, so no "belief" is even necessary, it's all a question of what you see when the light bulb is turned on for you.

Got a riddle for ya, Dedevil...... "How many Lucifers does it take to turn on a light bulb?" LRL'ers await your answer with bated breath.

--Dave J.
http://www.longrangelocators.com/for...ad.php?t=18146
Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Guru

Thanks, kostas, the first post in that thread is a great example of what I'm talking about.

DeDevil is gonna have a ball trying to figure out Ohm's Law and grounding problems on that one! Ten million ohms?! it boggles the mind! Perhaps if it were just one ohm.......

Gents, it's just a damn ten meg resistor. We used to bias vacuum tube grids with 'em before there were transistors. The fact we didn't have time to count to ten million on our fingers didn't stop us from building radios that worked.

If you want to be really confused over dowsing, forget Ohm's Law, apply Zeno's Paradox. Every time you get halfway to nowhere you can stop to pull another alibi out of Pandora's box.

--Dave J.

Last edited by Dave J.; 06-17-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 06-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Guru

Quote:
Thanks, kostas, the first post in that thread is a great example of what I'm talking about.

DeDevil is gonna have a ball trying to figure out Ohm's Law and grounding problems on that one! Ten million ohms?! it boggles the mind! Perhaps if it were just one ohm.......

Gents, it's just a damn ten meg resistor. We used to bias vacuum tube grids with 'em before there were transistors. The fact we didn't have time to count to ten million on our fingers didn't stop us from building radios that worked.

If you want to be really confused over dowsing, forget Ohm's Law, apply Zeno's Paradox. Every time you get halfway to nowhere you can stop to pull another alibi out of Pandora's box.

--Dave J.
Thanks Dave,
But ...apply Zeno's Paradox to become confused?
Diogenes falsified Zeno's paradox within minutes of its initial presentation.
We can do as Diogenes did, and simply walk away from the person expounding Zeno's Paradox as a problem we should answer.
The proof that he is wrong is demonstrated by the fact that we can walk away and actually reach point B after leaving the fool and his paradox behind at point A.
It also works for people who have a fake ground paradox for us to consider.

Pandora's box is another story...

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
to see the answer.
I also don't usually look at nonsense links, but Dave's comments piqued my interest. I even watched "Part 2" to see if he spilled the beans, but he continued to present it all as a bunch of BS. I also bothered to look up "Walter Lewin" and the guy's supposed to be a pretty smart feller, but boy did he screw this one up big time.

Dedevil, since this is a link you were proud enough to share, can you point out where Dr. Lewin's massive screw-up is?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
I also don't usually look at nonsense links, but Dave's comments piqued my interest. I even watched "Part 2" to see if he spilled the beans, but he continued to present it all as a bunch of BS. I also bothered to look up "Walter Lewin" and the guy's supposed to be a pretty smart feller, but boy did he screw this one up big time.

Dedevil, since this is a link you were proud enough to share, can you point out where Dr. Lewin's massive screw-up is?
Sorry i'm away at a post with the crappiest of internet connections. There's actually no screw up. Ohms law does fail under other mathematical equations. The problem arises from the history and discovery and pre knowledge leading up to Ohms law that makes it fail under certain curcumstances. There's three different theories here all coming out at diierent points in time
Sorry Dave J But you may have to tell your engineering class.
IN ENGINEERING THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF PEOPLE;
1: Those that can and they and just DO IT.
2: Those that think they can and TRY

3: And those that CAN'T and just TEACH.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Guru

Well, Mr. Devil, there's another category, those who can neither teach nor do anything useful. We already know for a certainty from your posts that you cannot teach, and as far as anyone can tell you've never done anything useful either. Worse yet, as a matter of intentional choice, that's why you picked the Devil as your avatar.

That's why you get terribly parsed arf at people whom you know for fact both do and teach, and you cover it all up with a schittload of fake laughter.

And the reason you did it here and now is because of the posts that have happened in the Mineoro thread during the last 24 hours. Your denial is what makes the schittload of fake laughter so necessary to you, but your maneuver won't work in the Mineoro thread so you did it here.

And don't whine about my reply. After all, remember that you're getting what you wanted out of the deal, you got nothing to complain about. It's unbecoming of Devils to be seen in public as whiners.

--Dave J.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default Just a flick of the switch

Quote:

--Dave J.
“Job” is perfectly on the subject. For once I agree with the crazy one who can’t do and so teaches. It was a job to refine and edit the bible for mass production from the old testament to new. So one of the best LRL’s that we know of “divining” was edited out as the work of the devil, because static had no scientific explanation then.
Well I’m actually well over the LRL debate here so I’ll be the first little Lucifer.
My new mining method doesn’t involve a job or the work involved with that. I want to be a lazy miner. So I developed a new system. The problem I see with LRLS is that even if I built the best LRL and detected something I would still have to travel a long distance to retrieve it. So I looked around and found something that’s fairly common in the earths atmosphere and surface that people don’t want, and built a machine that sends a signal to bring it to the machine. So I get paid twice. Once by hiring the machine out and second by selling the gathered concentrates for other useful purposes.
And now i sit back watching the sports channel while drinking beer with my young girlfriend pollishing my knob and conclude that LRL's are too much work and OBSOLETE.
Do you SEE THE LIGHT!
Those that CAN ..DO.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Guru

Your little anecdote reads like a "Chuckie story". Nothing you've said so far smacks of any credibility, so obviously a rational person isn't going to believe your latest story.

Electrostatic precipitators have been around a long time. A simple one would make a good 6th grade science fair project. In principle you could have built one, but I don't believe you've ever built anything that works or done anything useful. Everything you say runs to the contrary, even your avatar which you yourself chose, "skeptics" didn't make it up for you!

--Dave J.

PS: what's your girlfriend think of your half a dead fish?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default COLDER COLDER

Quote:
Your little anecdote reads like a "Chuckie story". Nothing you've said so far smacks of any credibility, so obviously a rational person isn't going to believe your latest story.

Electrostatic precipitators have been around a long time. A simple one would make a good 6th grade science fair project. In principle you could have built one, but I don't believe you've ever built anything that works or done anything useful. Everything you say runs to the contrary, even your avatar which you yourself chose, "skeptics" didn't make it up for you!

--Dave J.

PS: what's your girlfriend think of your half a dead fish?
A rational person would understand that if I’m making good money from my own design a “can do” thing, then, then obviously I’m not going to give away my thoughts to someone who “can’t do” and teaches. Unfortunately it’s the rules of the game. Is this your latest LRL? Do you detect a static precipitator?? Well I could play that COLD, COLD GETTING WARMER game and become your LRL meter.
But No. It’s not a S.P. And, It is my idea, so sorry I’m not sharing.
And actually my girlfriend enjoys fishing now that we have set up the business and have time to spare.
Unfortunately I hear that you have a JOB you have to go to, called teaching. Myself I preferred to go into business and earning my own money, it felt like becoming a MAN. You could learn about it by going back to school, Oooohh sorry! I forgot your still at school aren’t you, with that JOB called teaching. And we are all so “on topic”.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Guru

Quote:

It is my idea, so sorry I’m not sharing.
I hope so: "not sharing" for free and not for money. Better collect all gold of the world, using your idea, for yourself.

Or you don't believe that gold can be collected by using your idea and it is better to sell it to naive believers and take gold from their pockets?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:50 PM

My opinion
Answer to question one: If you are not necessarily grounded circuit fashion because if you have a shoe and eliminates the chance that this floating ...
Answer to question two: It is still connected.
Answer to question three: It is still grounded.