LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM

Question gold gun al718

Hello Friend's
Please work on my gold gun device can help. Is this a practical circuit?

Way of detecting what this circuit is formed?

Depth of detection is the charge?

This circuit to work and is suitable for all metals?

With respect

mesyna
Old 01-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesy64 View Post

Is this a practical circuit?

Could be, if you can solve given antenna data in mm (inductor in 1 layer and longer than both ferrite rods together, possible but hard to tunable), and if you do some modification to get continuous changeable frequency from say 1kHz to about 25kHz or more.

Anyway worth to try.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Default Al718 GG

Hello!
Gold gun I built, but not work in Eastern Europe! We amplified and injected into the ground 5khz I had a falling signal generator to 10 cm! Otherwise a fisssss ... continued ... Tend to believe that GG clone is incomplete, or I am wrong somewhere?? The test was made in a lead plate 20x20 cm, weight 3 kg, to 2.2 m deep, buried three months ago now!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaupro2000@yahoo.com
Hello!
Gold gun I built, but not work in Eastern Europe! We amplified and injected into the ground 5khz I had a falling signal generator to 10 cm! Otherwise a fisssss ... continued ... Tend to believe that GG clone is incomplete, or I am wrong somewhere?? The test was made in a lead plate 20x20 cm, weight 3 kg, to 2.2 m deep, buried three months ago now!
The gold gun was originally intended to be tuned to one of three transmitters that send VLF signals in the air:

The Gold Gun has 3 ranges:
  1. 9.5KHz for long distance and weak EM fields.
  2. 26.7-27KHz for USA.
  3. 19.2KHz England, Philippines, Greece and USSR.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=27

One of these three frequencies is tuned to receive a signal broadcast in the air from a remote VLF transmitter. When the receiver is brought near a treasure, then there is a change in the signal received. This is caused because airbound signals at this frequency are partially absorbed into the ground, depending on what is in the soil. This principle is well known and is still used by geologists to locate subsurface anomalies and map them during their surveys. A hand-held receiver that tunes a signal in the air broadcast from a remote transmitter is standard geological survey equipment that measures what happens to the signal when the receiver is moved near an anomaly under the ground.

Have you considered that what you built may not be a gold gun, because it does not use one of the three frequencies that a gold gun uses, nor does it receive signals from a transmitter that broadcasts RF into the air?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM

Default GG tunning?!?

Hello friends!
I think GG has been designed to find all metals and function using frequency VLF stations as long as the U.S. Marine sent! When they stopped broadcasting GG has not worked! I need a VLF signal transmitted and a GG award tuning to another frequency! If you know that gold resonates at 5-5.5 kHz, I think an award should be around this value only to find gold! What do you think?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaupro2000@yahoo.com View Post

If you know that gold resonates at 5-5.5 kHz,
There are different gold, dependent of impurities. Pure natural crystaline gold resonate at frequency of 1730MHz which is equal to 173mm of wavelength.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaupro2000@yahoo.com
Hello friends!
I think GG has been designed to find all metals and function using frequency VLF stations as long as the U.S. Marine sent! When they stopped broadcasting GG has not worked! I need a VLF signal transmitted and a GG award tuning to another frequency! If you know that gold resonates at 5-5.5 kHz, I think an award should be around this value only to find gold! What do you think?
The theory of the gold gun has never been linked to any frequency of gold. The theory is to look for variations in the signal received from a distant VLF transmitter that broadcasts signals into the air. Because metals and other anomalies under the ground can change the reception of the signal, it can be used to locate the anomalies under the ground. If you look at the original signals that the gold gun was tuned to you will see that none of them is a "gold frequency". They are only tuned to frequencies that are sent out by large VLF transmitters. The original frequencies were 9.5KHz for long distance and weak EM fields, 26.7-27KHz for USA, and 19.2KHz England, Philippines, Greece and USSR. Since these transmitters are no longer broadcasting these signals, you can use a smaller portable VLF transmitter to broadcast the same frequencies, and set them near the treasure field to put a RF signal in the air. The idea of using a supposed "gold frequency" is not related to the VLF frequency of the gold gun. "Gold frequencies" were never used as a VLF signal to operate the gold gun.

Also, note that most people who have experience with the gold gun say they were not successful in recovering gold. Only a few say it worked.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Of course GG al707 working very-very well,but not so many people know how it working!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:

Hello Friend's

With respect

mesyna
what volt for diode zener and (10uf - 220uf ) in al718
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:

Hello Friend's

With respect

mesyna
al718 have two switch in circuit why two switch more used, this two switch where is connect
Old 05-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban
al718 have two switch in circuit why two switch more used, this two switch where is connect
This circuit is designed to detect a VLF radio signals from a large transmitter.
It cannot detect anything unless there is a transmitter broadcasting at the frequency it is set for.

It is not a practical circuit.
It will not become a practical circuit if you restore it to the original factory new condition.
It stopped being a practical circuit when the transmitters stopped broadcasting at the frequencies it receives.
Most people say it was also not a practical circuit when there were transmitters operating at those frequencies.

Switch near antenna is to set frequency for receiver. Second switch at right side for on-off is to connect power.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM

what 820 in gold gun al718 ( pf or nf)
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM

what 820 ( nf or pf ) what volt , what number this
Old 05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban View Post

what 820 ( nf or pf ) what volt , what number this
820nf
This capacitor will not see more voltage than the ferrite coil can pick up after dissipating most of its power through diodes connected to ground.
This kind of capacitor does not usually have a choice of voltage ratings, but if you find a choice, 5v or more should work fine.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Ban, AL718 operates with a primitive principle. The correct principle is described in patent US 3,500,175.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebg
Ban, AL718 operates with a primitive principle. The correct principle is described in patent US 3,500,175.
From what I can see, the Gold Gun was intended to find a null point in VLF reception, when monitoring a VLF transmission from a distant transmitter. The Gold Gun appears to be a simple circuit designed to detect the direction of a null rather than to find the precision and depth of information that could be extracted from the instrument Vaino Ronka patented. It appears the Gold Gun was intended to find a compass direction where the two coils on the ferrites received identical signals, without any attempt to measure phase variations or total signal strength. The idea is if you point the Gold Gun toward buried metal, the signal from each of the ferrite coils will balance to cancel each other, while one side will be stronger if you are pointing away from the buried metal. It seems a questionable proposition, but could work in theory if there is a transmitter operating at the frequency the Gold Gun is tuned to.

Since the transmitters the Gold Gun is tuned to have been shut down, we can expect it cannot possibly work. A solution to make it operational would be to insert an adjustable capacitor to replace the switch with the 820 and 47nf capacitors. If we had an adjustable capacitor there, then we could adjust the capacitor to tune the Gold Gun to a VLF station that is broadcasting. When we find that station, then we can substitute the capacitor for a permanent fixed capacitor which is tuned to a working transmitter instead of wondering why the Gold Gun does not receive any signal. As long as we have the Gold Gun tuned to a transmitter that is broadcasting, we can experiment to see if it detects anything buried.

The entire Gold Gun circuit seems very simple to me... about the same complexity as a Zahori in its original design before hackers removed the cmos filter/switch-timer and converted it to a simple amplfier. At least the Gold Gun has a differential input which could concievably detect something if we are lucky. The principle of VLF detection of buried things is sound, and has been used for years by geologists with their VLF loops.

But does the Gold Gun work in practice when we tune to a transmitter?
Most people say no... A few said yes.
Only way to know is to try it.

Some samples of what people found from the Gold Gun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
"I own a Gold Gun AL718. Couldn't get much out of it, and I've never heard of anyone else who has had success with one. Still, I'd like to get mine into an area where there's more natural gold, and see what it does. Based on what I know of Accurate Locators, I don't expect much of it".
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...38&postcount=2

originally posted by Tim Williams
"...I could not get the gold gun I had to work. But that may be because the signal was not being transmitted. This unit has a transmitter. I can't say if it will work or not. I just wanted to let everyone know there was one on ebay".
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=71

originally posted by Agraz
"I build that model Gold Gun AL718, diagram post for Tim Williams, and work well, but is best put a transmitter with rods in ground, I dont try it".
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=81

originally posted by Geo
"..Many people constructed it at Greece, without results
Few weeks ago, when i went to Olympus for treasure hunting, there was two people who had a GG clone. No results..."
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=82

originally posted by alnamr
"Hi to all
I made this device but there was no sound except confusion
See photos"
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=99

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Hello, I build gold gun AL718 and use different ferrite rod with wire and tuning with different ceramic capacitors. I have gun Al707 but this work to more freq. I think is best, some times is dificult tune vlf transmitters, also I try use Radio Shack amplifier.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062620
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraz
Hello, I build gold gun AL718 and use different ferrite rod with wire and tuning with different ceramic capacitors. I have gun Al707 but this work to more freq. I think is best, some times is dificult tune vlf transmitters, also I try use Radio Shack amplifier.

Hi Agraz,

Did you detect any buried metal with your Gold Gun?
Did you recover buried metal from the ground after you located it with your Gold Gun?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Hello J_Player: I not use much the AL718, but something not work in G.G.707 the ferrite rod when come here from CA, read:
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...urate+locators
Next in 2002 I went to old hacienda:inmigrants from Ireland, Jorge B. son of Thomas Braniff, rich man about 1900 in Mexico.

I went to the area:

and there I receive fantastic null, in a deep hole in a river, I triangulate the null,,, the other thing, later the amplifier generate more strong sound in amplifier:

when I discover broken the ferrite rod I send to Accurate L. for repair, next I receive the G.G. with new ferrite rod:

but G.G. not receive that null in a deep hole,,,Now this old man -1926 say: the last people in hacienda put around in the deep hole very large amount of metal for strengthen the hole.

for end. What is the reason G.G. boost signals when rod was broken?
also the Al718 not receiver null from deep river.
I think when G.G. broken work to more freq. may be 50-100 khz and detect big metal objets underground. What is you opinion
Old 05-28-2011, 08:27 PM

I forget, this old man, take old hacienda photo in 1940.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agraz
Hello J_Player: I not use much the AL718, but something not work in G.G.707 the ferrite rod when come here from CA, read:
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...urate+locators
Next in 2002 I went to old hacienda:inmigrants from Ireland, Jorge B. son of Thomas Braniff, rich man about 1900 in Mexico.

I went to the area:
and there I receive fantastic null, in a deep hole in a river, I triangulate the null,,, the other thing, later the amplifier generate more strong sound in amplifier:
when I discover broken the ferrite rod I send to Accurate L. for repair, next I receive the G.G. with new ferrite rod:
but G.G. not receive that null in a deep hole,,,Now this old man -1926 say: the last people in hacienda put around in the deep hole very large amount of metal for strengthen the hole.

What is the reason G.G. boost signals when rod was broken?
also the Al718 not receiver null from deep river.
I think when G.G. broken work to more freq. may be 50-100 khz and detect big metal objets underground. What is you opinion
Hi Agraz,
The Gold Gun is a VLF radio receiver. When the ferrite rod is broken then it will work the same as when it is not broken if the broken pieces are not separated. If the ferrite rod is separated, then you will see some change in the tuning of the receiver. Maybe when the ferrite rod was replaced, the tuning was changed so you no longer find the same signal as you found before.

The Gold Gun cannot find a signal unless it is tuned to a working VLF radio transmitter. The transmitter that the Gold Gun was tuned to has been shut down. You must now tune it to another VLF transmitter that is not shut down if you want to receive a signal. The strongest VLF transmitters near Mexico are run by the US Navy at US Navy station in Cutler, Maine (NAA 24.0 KHz - 1800 KW power), and a US Navy station in Costa Rica (NAU 40.75 KHz - 1000 KW power). Lower frequency is better for ground penetration. If you can get a good signal from the 24 KHz station, it will give a deeper ground penetration than the 40.75 KHz station, but both of these frequencies should work ok.

You can tune the Gold Gun to a new frequency if you replace the capacitors connected to the frequency switch with an adjustable capacitor. You will find the best signal when you are tuned to a strong VLF transmitter. You may be able to find a smaller transmitter close to where you live that gives a strong signal. If not, then maybe you will find the best signals from the US Navy transmitters.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 05-29-2011, 05:28 PM

Ok, Thank you. I try tune G.G. to new vfl transmitter, this is part of metal inside deep river.