LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivconic View Post
"...Ivconic, I'm not talking about devices per se. I'm talking about the concept used. I'm sure there are improved models out there, but the concept is the same.
No matter how much electronics you put in a radio it will still be a radio...."

Not really. See... there was evolution with appearances of DSP. DSP oriented machines are quite different in morphology than conventional ones. Different approach, different type of signall that is processed at them. Major differences.
The fact that those are still "boxes with coils" means nothing really.
Quite different technology involved there. Advanced...pretty advanced.
Huge steps have being made since '90s.

Ok...just look the shot i attached. Obvious differences between pulltab and gold coin. Can't be confused at all..
Yes. Digital processing morphology has its place in electronics since the late 80's, early 90's. It improves data filtering and aproach but again in this case, it's an enhancement limited to the old MD's concept realm.

The fact this shows at the GUI Display a differenciation among the coin and the pull tab is realy neat, but you know very well that this most of the time does not express reality, because the data input and processed to ID these materials are based on commonly found conductivity standards in the internal datalog. Metals degraded, soil mineralization and even long time buried metals produce variable which screws detection.
Add to this, the incredible depth limitation those devices pocess.

Now, picture in your mind, DSP inside an electronic LRL. A processor inside. No need to be ultra fast. A 1 GHz CPU would suffice. This CPU would manage operations inside the circuit similar to what it does in the regular MD, with the advantage of pocessing long range detection and also updating its filtering information in realtime, building up a real time library.

Which concept of the above you think would benefit best?
Answer: An automobile could be turned into a Formula 1 car. But the Jet Fighter would be turned into a UFO.