LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Guru

Default Any South American?

This question is directed to Esteban, Nelson (who I believe is from Chile) or any other south american who happen to watch this forum.

Does any of you know if South American Indians had or have the habit of placing 'bronze disguise baits' as offerings or some other thing on sites where buried gold lies?

A fellow team member has travelled to the rain forrest region inside an indian reservation. At the request of some friends who live there, he took his gear to check how true might be the story of antique gold inside pottery buried there. Local people tell an old story about gold hidden inside ceramic pans with chains attached to it lying in that section.

This weekend, this friend called me and told me he got hits with his FG80Tyon coming from a river section by a waterfall. Previously from a distance, he and his party tought that they were getting gold veins from far away, but when they got close, the detector clearly showed beeps concentrated in a particular spot in the direction of a pond well close to the waterfall, discarding the possibility of veins which usually make the beeps extend to the sides from a perpendicular perspective.

To make this story short, they recovered at first a 13 kilograms solid bronze bar, then came another, then another. In the end of the day, they had recovered 3 bars of same weight, size and type.

He told me that the yellowish collor of the bars made them at first think it was gold. But a closer look, later confirmed at home indicated bronze.

After the bars were out, the FG kept beeping. So they know there's something else there.

I asked him about the distance that he first got the beeps from the FG but he told me that they have a Rangertell there and that they were following it until they squared down the area. But as it was impractical to reduce the quadrant due to the waterfall and river on the way. He then turned the FG on, and the beep came from about 12 meters from the spot in the pond where they later recovered the bars.
I told him to keep the FG turned on from a large distance when aproaching the spot next time he returns and check how far the device starts to react. If it is from a considerable distance, then there's obviously gold there. Bronze would not be picked from very far. The location stands about 60 miles from his friend's house where he is staying and he is also made this trip to check other spots including locations in Paraguay.

From what he had told me, specially that one of his friends dove in the pond and could see what looks like a small entrance under the rocks, I think this may not be related to indians, but to Jesuits.
This is the same scenario I had found about 4 years ago regarding jesuit gold that was hidden inside a submerged cave.

Well, despite of that, locals claim the indians placed the bronze there to 'protect' the gold. My friend told me they are afraid the indians discover about their presence and they might be in danger as the remaining indians live not very far.

Esteban and Nelson, have you ever heard of indians using this kind of aproach to 'protect' hidden gold?
Well whatever the answer might be, I think it's time for me to learn about south american indian culture...
Thanks and regards.