LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 03:00 AM

Default IR Lasing Gold

I was reading this article on Nanotechweb.org (Sept.12,2007) entitled "When gold shines even brighter" and thought of Estebans IR Remote sensor. Don't know in any way if there's a relation but heres the link to the article:
http://nanotechweb.org/cws/article/lab/31120
and a quote from it "Excitation of films with the 795 nm fundamental of a Ti:sapphire femtosecond laser produces a strong white luminescence." The films from the quote are gold films. Now when you read it you will notice that there was some tuning involved depending on the thickness I believe but pretty interesting none the less.

Also speaking of IR, I've been following a thread on the Treasurenet Forum under "Techniques" whereby a fellow claims to use a camera with an IR filter to photograph ions on the earths surface at close range where metal has been buried for some time,anyone try this? I went an bought a IR longpass filter and tried photographing an area on my lawn where for the past 11 years I have been dumping my concentrates from placer mining and nada darn thing appeared on the IR picture no matter how I adjusted the settings on the GOOGLE Picassa software.

Comments on either or both?

Randy