LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2007, 05:35 AM

Thumbs up New Technique for Telluric Currents

From Estebans description of detecting a voltage potential,I did some more Google searching and found a very intriguing article.

It's entitled "Non-Contact stray Current Measurements in a Multi-line,Multi-Crossing Pipeline corridor" whereby the use of an Magnetometer is employed to detect both static and low frequency currents in buried Gas Pipelines.
Ok, so now we know the best way to detect the 'static' telluric currents or voltage potentials since as we all know it takes a current flowing thru a resistance to produce a voltage. And from the patent by Anthony Barringer discussed yesterday on the "some Considerations" thread, you can look at the frequency of the magnetic field as well. Speaking of which,I'm thumbing through a book I've been meaning to read called "Introduction to Geomagnetic Fields" by Wallace H. Campbell-1997 Cambridge University Press. In it on pg.158,fig.3.45- says that below 3hz is the domain of Geomagnetic fields. Above that is mostly from lightning or sferics,which is the frequency range barringer is using in patent #7,002,349 in paragraph 2,sentences 13-28.

I think were getting somewhere now thanks to Esteban sharing with us what he's detecting,i.e. spontaneous Polarization or voltage gradients. In S.P. the largest gradient is usually from Sulfide deposits which are an indicator of minerlization at depth. What the old German Miners referred to as an "Iron Hat" (Gossans).

Randy