LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Guru

SEPT 2005:
For what it is worth, from my own years of experience in field testing LRL, I don't necessarily agree with some of the information provided on the MINERO, website, or in the operator manual.

Nor, would I reccommend consumers paying more than $2,000 maximum, for any LRL, presently on the market. They all have inherhent limitations that need to be addressed and understood by the operator, for the effecient use of this type of product.

With that said, I did have a problem with the MINERO falsely beeping when there were no Gold targets and realized the difficulty an inexperienced operator would have knowing if the MINERO was tuned correctly, or even working properly,

After I tested for the best settings of the MINERO, in fluxuating "Strength of Field" conditions of Central Florida, USA conditions, and showed the purchaser his best method of usage of the product, the MINERO customer has since made six (6) presumed Gold locations with his MINERO.

Both, by personally re-checking his locations with the MINERO, and then comparison testing the locations with a Fitzgerald "SI-GO" LRL, my own "DDL Gold" (experimental) and OMNITRON PRO-4, and X-SCAN, models, five (5) of the MINERO targets were able to be confirmed by these other Locator's

Carl, apparently has an older version of the MINERO, and it may not be tuned correctly, or working properly, which give justification for his negativity.

The MINERO, target depth tool that came with the MINERO, was of a different design than the one that Carl, has pictured. We tested the "Depth" Probe on a deep target. The MINERO, was placed close to the Target location as in the instructions. When the Depth probe was touched to the ground on the possible 45 degree emenating "field" (Bishops Rule), the MINERO would Beep. When the Depth probe was touched to the ground elsewhere, the Minero would not beep. In this test it would beep 24 feet away from the non-electronic 'depth" probe. This test was repeated with consistent results.

I also experienced reactions detecting and tracing the "signal line" to targets, and the depth ring, using a pair of L-Rods with the MINERO power turned on. A lesser reaction occured on the "Signal line" with the Power turned off.

In my opinion, the MINERO, Does work, but not necessarily as it is advertised. Dell