LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Guru

Default Mineoro Detectors Explanation

JPlayer,

I only own the PDC for a short time and don’t have much to show yet I bought it in the begining of 2005. When it arrived at my door, I was facing an extremely busy life as my daughter was born and I had got 3 CDs to record and produce in my studio. When I finally got the time to go out to play with it, it was winter time and the ionic fields were awfully low. Despite of that I could locate the treasure I was after. My wife has a story in the family about her dad’s grandfather burying a lot of gold items to avoid a fight in his family in the late 19th century. In fact I bought the PDC solely for this purpose. In june of 2005 I finally thought I had locate it in my second incursion to the place in 2 months. The PDC emitted consistent beeps and I could trace a cross to mark the spot. I detected from about 20 feet away.To corroborate this at the time there was a relative who was still alive who confirmed the location and the references. She’s dead now. So, big deal… Just go there and recover it right? Wrong. A big problem arised. The place is remote and of the people living there currently, several are criminals who went to this isolated spot to live and hide. After my first incursion there I began to be watched and even was aproached by one of them when I had to invent some excuse, as they saw the detector in my hands. I’m waiting for things to settle before I get back and begin the recovery operation which is planed. In the mean time I have already 2 sites to research as the PDC marked on both. One being at 1.5 miles at sea of a wreck which is documented in my region and the other an ancient spot where supposedly there is an old jesuit treasure left. This year I’ll have more time andI will lead an expedition to both as I hope to take the FG with me this time.

From that time to the end of last year I got a job traveling with the studio’s mobile recording unit and almost had no time to dedicate to research which for me is around 2 weeks for best results. In the mean time, I went to the beach a couple of times and in December last year, the PDC beeped close to the shore. I proceeded raising the sensitivity input to try to trace the signal and avoiding rapid consumption of the ionic field since the signal was really weak. But as soon as I got to the spot with the PDC’s antenna close to the sand, the signal disappeared, indicating that either the object was really small and the ionic field had been consumed or the object was fairly recent with not a so strong field. Later I confirmed that the second option was the correct one. I had a metal detector in the car. I took it and as I passed over the spot I had previously marked ,it beeped. The object turned out as being this medalion. I was lucky because it was at the reach of the MD otherwise I would have missed it.
http://www.thunting.com/geotech/foru...ntid=622&stc=1

Later talking to my friend Celi who among dozens of items, found a ring at the beach, he told me that I could have used the center & deep acessory to pin point the PDC to the spot. That’s how he got his ring with no need of a metal detector….

The Mineoro detectors are only tools. The experience of the user is a great plus in the detection process. Taking this to my working field in audio, both Neve and SSL consoles are great mixing boards, but they alone won’t make you a better mixer or audio engineer. If you are not an experienced or capable engineer the mixings may suck, even if done in a Neve or SSL.
Attached Images