LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Guru

Sorry, not willing to give out details other than to say it is a frequency discriminator transmitter with amplifier and a receiver. It's probably similar to the pistol-type locators but obviously there are some big differences that allow the higher accuracy and much longer detection range. Most of the work I have been doing the last few months is with the receiver antenna. I'm pitifully slow and not skilled in electronics. Have to learn as I go or else go crazy, whichever comes first.

I'm sure not claiming this is perfect. Far from it and honestly very frustrating at times. I'm still in the learning curve as far as locating conditions that affect it. There's times it does not work right, or slow to lock-on to the target. I'm not even sure how well someone else could handle these issues. Like I've said about people not liking other people's kids and dogs, the same thing here--they might not like this one's "bad habits". The lofty goal of making it "whiner proof" is probably just a pipe dream. When you love something you accept the warts better. The get-rich-quick gold seekers are like manic depressant's or bipolar disorder--they are so hyped to find gold and when they fail all Hell breaks loose as they look for someone or some thing to blame.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2IWMRTyxBE0