LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Guru

Default How LRL gets gold

I know some people do not want to hear this, but the control box on a swivel handle is just not the way to do it. The discriminated signal line never develops if you are moving. You put the transmitter on the ground and let the signal line develop for a couple minutes. You can even put your swivel handle device on the ground and use it for a transmitter. Then you walk around the transmitter with an L-rod and find the discriminated signal line. The signal line IS the discrimination. It's the lines of force that bundle together at the target and produce a feedback very much like when you hold a microphone up to a loudspeaker. The sound becomes very loud.

I know there are many people who use two L-rods. I did for quite a few years. I just have much better focus with one rod and use my free hand for what they call the "recording hand". I don't want anything is my free hand so I can feel the "ion buzz" as I call it.

I don't know why some people are saying the frequency generators do not work. I know I really get psyched out with two L-rods. For some reason I get tensed up and flustered. I continue to get mine out now and then and try them again. Every time I end up putting them back on the shelf.

I build my own L-rod. It's flimsy and not good looking.