LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Default Needs an advice for a detector

Hello All, and Thanks for offering me the chance to be with you here and learn from your experiences.

I live in the Middle East; The Terrain here varies from clay/sandy soil to rocky terrain with lots of buried rocks, especially basalt rocks (mostly rough mountainous Terrain).

I’m interested in Underground detection, especially if possible, underground 3D imaging with a technology to show Caves, Voids, Relics, Graves and of course metals especially Gold, and the ability of discriminating ferrous and non ferrous metals or determine metal type, so if such technology exists I’d rather have it than the Indicators with normal pulse, antennas /acoustic detectors.

I’m looking for a detector that can cover up to 7m deep, not just a shallow coins locator, Middle East old civilizations findings (if any) are usually 2-7m deep depending on civilization and of course the weather conditions and changes done with time.

I decided to buy a detector, Searching the net, I got interested in the following companies:
  • OKM , especially Exp 5000 and Rover UC and Bionic X4.
  • Accurate Locators, especially Discovery, Dominator, Imager , XL16 IMAGER USA, and maybe the Accumeter Super Pro XV thought this last one isn’t a 3D imager.
  • Ground Radar Systems, especially Geo Examiner.
Now OKM detectors seemed like a fancy dream, too good to be true, and yes very expensive too, made me really doubt it and be so cautious about them, in fact I did mail them and asked them many questions and details, they did answer and I was offered a good deal too, that made me more cautious even, but thx god I did manage to find 3 forums not encouraging to deal with that company. Right now, I’m mainly thinking of Accurate Locators

So What do you think of these companies? I kindly need your advice here, I need a good detector (prefer 3D Imager, but can take non imager too) as long it covers as high as 7m deep considering the soil conditions mentioned.

Also if anyone knows about a good long range detector, I’d appreciate the advice.

P.S: There are some other Legit companies selling Underground detecting/surveying stuff like GSSI company, for example there Sir3000 is a good one, but it needs a specialized geologist to calibrate,analyze and understand what’s thereand I didn’t like the imaging layout.

Best Regards