LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Dowsing & Passive Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 PM

Default 1066 Battle of Hastings & a Dowser

This is one of our metal detecting club projects that we are currently working on.

Nick Austin has spent 24 years researching what he thinks is the real 1066 Battle of Hastings site and has also written a book on his findings called Secrets the Norman Invasion.

Hear is a video of our first detecting survey at Crowhurst, the Nick Austin 1066 Battle of Hastings “alternative site”

Lots of items where found but no Saxon or Norman items.

The best part of the day was Nick Austin dowsing and finding the “Crossbow” that he had previously dowsed 14 years earlier, and he found it seemingly with no trouble at all “wow I thought that was amazing” he came down right on top of the black plastic bin-liner that he covered it up with 14 years ago, it was 80 cm deep and in a fairly big field.

And believe me the “home made dowsing rods” he was using where basically white plastic covered wire coat hangers with a turned up loop on the ends, I certainly have never seen any like it before.

All I can say is “seeing is believing” I have played about with dowsing rods quit a bit, but he maid it look so easy.

Hear is the video Link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyLy18fTlsE