LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Default Build me a “Super Pistol LRL”

Hi To You All,

I have been looking in at this Remote Sensing section of the forum since 2005; I have now joined the forum.

I think it’s great to see how well all you guys get on “Well most of the time HA HA” helping each other out with electronic parts making your own components, inventing and constructing you LRL`s.

Testing them and making adjustments to find the best results.

I have been into metal detecting since 1972, and must confess to purchasing a Range tell Examiner in 2006, although at first I believed that it was a brilliant unit in tests in my own garden, it soon became apparent testing out on farmland in the country near my home that it could not cope with all the EMF signals there.

I must tell you though I did manage to find two targets one was just in front of me about 2 meters out just after tuning the unit, to “EXP for round target” it was a medieval Jetton 14th Cent, the other find was a 2nd Cent Roman bronze coin this was on a different day.

Maybe these two finds where a “fluke” as I carried out many tests on several outings with miserable results, I place out 8 marking canes for each detected target, then use my detector to pinpoint each one usually nothing!

Sorry to go on so long but would one of you clever lads be prepared to build me a “Super Pistol LRL” with all the best features possible, It would need to reject iron and also pick up on small coin and ring sized targets?

If so how much would you require building this unit?

I only want one to use for myself but I’m a carpenter not an electronics engineer, although I did build a second RT unit to experiment with “still no good though”