LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi G-sani.
I like most Whites detectors. But I don't have an XLT. I used my brothers XLT and did not like it. The reason is because it has many automatic menus that are hard for a beginner to understand. I was worried I was discriminating out many of the targets I was looking for. I am sure an experienced user could do much better. The detection also depends on the size of the gold things in the jar, and the ground where the gold is buried. A gold medallion of 150gr is much easier to detect than 150gr of gold dust. And mineralised soil makes it harder to detect buried metals. For gold things the size of common coins or bigger, most VLF detectors can do a good job of detecting them. But Pi detectors are considered better especially in bad mineralised ground. This is why most nugget prospectors in Australia use PI detectors in their bad red soil full of iron. Of course, whether VLF or PI, the ability to detect small gold will depend on how well designed the circuits are. The cheaper detectors usually cannot detect as deep or find items as small as the sophisticated detectors that can cost triple the price or more. Your target was found at 70cm which is near the limit for most metal detectors, depending on the size of the gold items that were found.

According to LRL aficionados, their LRLs do not care about the soil. The "Phenomenon" is stronger than mineralised soil, and can be detected even for things buried at the bottom of a lake.

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi J Player, Prospecting is a good program to use for a White whith good results for gold.The only thing I am doing is changing 2 parametres in the factory's program.First is Ac sensitivity,we put it at 3/4 of max value and second is pre-amp gain about at 3/4 of max value again.
You turn these values down slowly if you see that your detector behaves eratically.Final adjustments depend on soil conditions.Don't forget to do air to ground regulations again before starting detecting.
When it comes to many coins put together then I think that the detector sees it as a whole of a metal.I beleive it makes no difference if it is coins put together or just one object of the same size.All it has to do whith the volume of the metal.Watch out if the metal has the shape of a thin band.
A long knife for example when detected at a medium depth might give a number simillar to a coin but it is not.In such a case volume is different but the detector see it the same and this is where experience needed.
Well LRLs don't suffer of things like that at last.
Many regards
g-sani