LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 01-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Guru

Default Anticipated Solar activity

Science, as usual, is a bit late in their notification, but here you go Carl.

Anticipated Solar activity will probably affect LRL operation depending what part of the earth is facing the Sun at the time Earth is bombarded with charged particles. Dell

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/sunsp...ion-2D11875714

http://www.dellomnitron.com
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Guru

It was rough yesterday. Couldn't get anything to work most of the day. late afternoon conditions improved. This morning things are pretty much back to normal with a little off and on. Yesterday it was what I call "fuzzy". Just hard to get a lock-on and the signal line seemed to spread out wide and weak.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Guru

I was out practicing about fifteen or twenty minutes ago and conditions went downhill. Looks like the shock wave has hit. Or maybe just the first part of it.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Anticipated Solar activity will probably affect LRL operation depending what part of the earth is facing the Sun at the time Earth is bombarded with charged particles. Dell
The list of excuses just gets longer.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Guru

Maybe scepticism is invading their mind, and self deception is not working as well any more
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Guru

Dell has been talking about solar magnetic interference since I've known him and his brochures discussed it since the 1980's.

As a side note, when I was out this morning the electronic receiver was louder than usual. No, I hadn't charged the batteries and I don't wear a hearing aid. I can tell by how close I have to stand from the transmitter and I was nearly fifty percent further away than usual.

I was outside this evening and it was nice working in the moonlight on the snow. Conditions are still good. I don't' know what happened this afternoon, the proton count skyrocketed but it didn't last very long. I went out about forty-five minutes later and thing were back to normal. It is my understanding that some of the particles travel faster than others. Don't know much about it, could have been from a previous flare. But it was like yesterday where the signal line was not on. It was there but not in line with the target. Today it actually went dead for a while a few times, and weak and "fuzzy" at other times.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
The list of excuses just gets longer.
If my goal was to sell LRL's, I certainly wouldn't be informing consumers to learn about LRL limitations, before they decide buy.

I see the forum know it all idiot, is still seeking attention to his scientific pretense.

No one has to take my word about the effects of Magnetic interference on LRL's. Two of the Scientifically accepted tools I use for LRL DB comparison tests are a proton Magnetometer, and a Tri-Field meter.

Unlike some here, I don't ignore the facts, or pretend I am Scientific. Anyone here with a bit of intelligence has the same option of conducting their LRL DB comparison tests with the tools I mentioned and learn the truth for themselves. No excuses for the results are needed.They are what they are. Dell
Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Guru

Mike , as you already know from your own field experience, a fluctuating "Strength of field", affects the LRL Signal causing it to lose detection of the target's SOF, and drift off target.

In my experience, the time it takes for sufficient operational "strength of field" to return to the target, can be measured in seconds,minutes, hours, or days. I know of no way to predict the longevity of the SMI affect on an LRL operation.

However, under the "What has already been done, can be done" category, the overriding SOF of SMI surrounding a target field can be blocked electronically, and the Target field can continuously be detected with the LRL without signal drift, or loss of signal during periods of SMI interference.

Several dozen DB tests has shown this electronic device to be effective. It is not for sale, or intended for sale. Dell

Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Guru

Dell, what model Tri-Field meter do you use?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Guru

Natural EM meter, on Magnetic setting.

It's not very sensitive and only measures increases in SMI on the low end pof the scale. For me, below "1" the Rods will work. Above 1.5 the rods will not react.

If you contact them, I'm sure they can build you a more sensitive Magnetic meter.

Many years ago Bill Floto, built one for me that worked great and easy to use.

So again, what has already been done, can be done. Dell
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Guru

Thanks Dell. My meter is bouncing around mostly around "1" but now and then it hits "2". Does your meter usually bounce around?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Guru

It didn't seem to last. I just checked and the meter was barely moving. However, it did make one jolt and I actually felt it like being on a target just for an instant.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Guru

lMike, If you are using the meter indoors it may be too close the electrical alternating current. Try moving the meter to another location stand it on end. Don't hold the meter in your hand or change directions.

But yes, a fluctuating strength of field caused from SMI will cause the meter to bounce and an intermittent signal loss. This can happen from one second to the next.

You need at least 15 minutes of consistent operating Signal strength to correctly evaluate a target with an LRL. When the signal strength fades in and out you might as well walk away and try again later. Very frustrating and expensive when you travel long distances and have Magnetic Interference. This is why I gave up doing aerial surveys with electronic LRL's in 1989. The cost of renting an aircraft in advance and then loose reception before, or during flight as a result of SMI was too expensive and non productive.

With Electronic LRL's, a fluctuating strength of field caused by Magnetic Interference can be recognized when you have to constantly re-tune the device and can't get a consistent target recognition beep for more than a minute or so.

Experimenters of Electronic LRL's, on this forum have for years been rewiring and tweaking their circuits, and changing antennas, because their device worked sometimes and not at others, without realizing that their design may not be the problem, but that ever changing operating conditions are.

If you want electronic LRL's to work consistently under changing Magnetic conditions, then it will be necessary for the LRL to electronically meter the changing conditions in real time and add automatic tuning (power) to compensate for these changes in Strength of field.

When the Meter moves above 1, you are getting interference. Compare the L-Rods reaction with the changes in the meter reading. The lower the meter reads, the stronger the L-Rods react.

Good Luck! Dell
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Guru

The Rods usually react to the Magnetic conditions a couple of seconds before the meter reacts. As I mentioned, a more sensitive meter would be much better. Dell
Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Guru

Thanks Dell. I see they sell an external magnifier (10X) coil for $65. The model I have does not have a coil input. I guess you just place the coil near the meter.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Mike , as you already know from your own field experience, a fluctuating "Strength of field", affects the LRL Signal causing it to lose detection of the target's SOF, and drift off target.

In my experience, the time it takes for sufficient operational "strength of field" to return to the target, can be measured in seconds,minutes, hours, or days. I know of no way to predict the longevity of the SMI affect on an LRL operation.

However, under the "What has already been done, can be done" category, the overriding SOF of SMI surrounding a target field can be blocked electronically, and the Target field can continuously be detected with the LRL without signal drift, or loss of signal during periods of SMI interference.

Several dozen DB tests has shown this electronic device to be effective. It is not for sale, or intended for sale. Dell

Dell - you wouldn't recognise a double-blind test if you fell over it.

Both you (and Mike) are classic victims of the Dowsing Delusion.
http://ade651gt200scamfraud.blogspot...-delusion.html
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Guru

Qiaozhi, It's a good thing no intelligent person takes your rants seriously, especially when you use someones stupid personal grudge blog to try to give yourself credibility. My name,or products are not mentioned so it doesn't apply.

The DB tests I've conducted are repeatable. All you have to do is conduct your own and learn the truth for your self, or forever wallow in your own ignorance. It's your choice.

I'm sorry you dislike having valid, tested & confirmed information posted on this forum. Dell
Old 01-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Thanks Dell. I see they sell an external magnifier (10X) coil for $65. The model I have does not have a coil input. I guess you just place the coil near the meter.
I have no idea. I haven't been to his site since I purchased a Magnetometer from him two years ago. Dell
Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Qiaozhi, It's a good thing no intelligent person takes your rants seriously, especially when you use someones stupid personal grudge blog to try to give yourself credibility. My name,or products are not mentioned so it doesn't apply.

The DB tests I've conducted are repeatable. All you have to do is conduct your own and learn the truth for your self, or forever wallow in your own ignorance. It's your choice.

I'm sorry you dislike having valid, tested & confirmed information posted on this forum. Dell
No-one said your products were listed on that site, but you clearly don't want to hear true statements like this one:
"As we have tried to point out before, dowsing has been tested under controlled conditions again and again and again. Guess what? It never works as claimed! NEVER! Bit like homeopathy or those other cons, the self proclaimed psychics. It has been thoroughly explained as the Ideomotor effect (feel free to google that if you do not know what it is)."

However many times you claim to have performed double-blind testing, it doesn't alter the fact that your version of DB testing bears no resemblance to any known properly controlled scientific test.

"Science can put a man on the moon (and bring him back), yet science just can't quite catch anyone dowsing under controlled conditions. We are talking about a power that could change the very course of human events, but this power is very shy and never appears when scientists are watching."

If the effect doesn't show up during DB testing, then it's simply a trick of the mind. Enjoy wallowing in your continued delusion.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Guru

Qiaozhi, Tell us about all the DB tests you have conducted as an authority on the subject, and show us your scientific credentials that support your claims so that you have some credibility other than showing off as the forum clown? Dell
Old 01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Guru

I will not argue with Q about dowsing. It is not reliable and usually inaccurate.

Now don't confuse dowsing with the MFD or HID (Harmonic Induction Discrimination). These are not dowsing although they are similar and most people do not know the difference because they cannot do either. I've said it before many people claim to be dowsers or even MFD users and they are not. Anyone can get on the internet and put a mark on a map or photo and claim they are an expert. The internet is full of imposters. I won't name names this time.

And then there is the fact that none of the techniques work all the time. Or even if they do, the person using them falters. No one is perfect although some pskeptics think they are.

And don't forget the double-blind tests are al designed by skeptics with the intentions of proving it can't possibly work. If you think the skeptic doublr-blind tests are a true test, you are delusional.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
I will not argue with Q about dowsing. It is not reliable and usually inaccurate.
The fact is it's totally unreliable and always inaccurate ... or at least, with the same accuracy as guessing.

Quote:
Anyone can get on the internet and put a mark on a map or photo and claim they are an expert. The internet is full of imposters. I won't name names this time.
Now the self-proclaimed map dowsers are all wondering who you're referring to.

Quote:
And don't forget the double-blind tests are al designed by skeptics with the intentions of proving it can't possibly work.
Wrong. Double-blind testing was designed by scientists to eliminate both conscious and unconscious bias, and which is the reason why dowsing always fails the test. It has nothing to do with having been designed by skeptics intent on proving it cannot possibly work.

Dowsers (like Dell) who have been tested under double-blind conditions and failed, will always rubbish this type of testing. It's better to live in ignorance than to discover the truth.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Qiaozhi, Tell us about all the DB tests you have conducted as an authority on the subject, and show us your scientific credentials that support your claims so that you have some credibility other than showing off as the forum clown? Dell
Oh dear - name calling yet again.

You are well aware (or should be, after being told numerous times) that it is not possible to prove a negative. It is up to the teller of the fantastic tale to supply the evidence, and (in this case) the evidence is sorely lacking. When you can pass a properly controlled scientific double-blind test, then perhaps others will stand up and take notice. Results that are no better than guessing, or fail at the slightest excuse (the latest being increased solar activity) are basically worse than useless.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Guru

Qiaozhi, you continue to be the most self disillusioned person on this forum.

Please,by all means tell us your Scientific back ground, and about any kind of DB tests you have ever conducted? Stop dodging the question.

Quote:
Dowsers (like Dell) who have been tested under double-blind conditions and failed, will always rubbish this type of testing. It's better to live in ignorance than to discover the truth
I see you are still perpetrating lies and false information. If you are referring to the DB tests I claimed to have been conducted by Randi, that was on an MFD, not my Dowsing ability.

Randi, publicly denied that he never ever conducted any such test at any time, or at any place on this earth. So according to him there never was a test.

So Qiaozhi, exactly what DB Mental Dowsing test are you claiming I failed? Were you there? Are you intentionally telling lies about me, or are you delusional? Dell
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Guru

Dell, Randi must have been shaking in his shorts when you hit the target so many times. "More testing is necessary." means he knew damned well you were nowhere near random chance. By further testing he hoped he could lower your score. He wasn't worried about the money because the lawyers had a catch-all phrase in there--"The final decision to award the prize will be decided by the panel of experts." In other words they NEVER had to pay for any reason. The test was to prove the supernatural. Well, if you did it then it ain't supernatural. Just totally phony coming and going.