LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I see, but i think JP was talking about Lrods and a 555 glued to a 9v battery, so this is something different.
Of course producing HV is easy, and you easily make flow many mA between nails .This is not really what i call a portable LRL...
But what about a 1kv/m natural earth gradient ?
Hi Fred,
Of course this is what we are talking about.
We have been talking about the VR-800 style L-rod with a 555 frequency generator since I answered goldfinder's post #39 where he complained about the high cost of commercial MFD LRLs.
Geo knows this very well because he can read posts before he makes replies.
If Geo is certain that 70 volts is needed, then we have discovered the reason why the VR-800 failed to help Dell Winders find the hidden coins so he could win the Randi prize.
Maybe I should use eight 9v batteries glued together in series.
I think I can plug the positive and negative connectors together without using glue.
Then I will have the needed voltage without making a special power supply.
But this is too much voltage for my 3055 transistors.
Maybe I need to switch to 100v SCRs or triodes for releasing this voltage into the ground at the different treasure frequencies.
Rubber gloves could be useful.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 AM

Hi, so what do You measure (detect) - the resistance (impedance) of the ground between nails? You Can buy a Mega meter to do it and measure current. I have in my lab Mega meter, it can do up to 5 KV with DC/AC with adjustable frequency and it display 00.00 ma - is it suitable to sense metal? What should happened if frequency is OK and metal is OK - it will be parallel resonance or series resonance? Can You make some electric drawing to make model of electric theory going on under ground for this connection? Do You expect that "ions" will jump out of gold above ground? I strongly recommend to do some homework about AU+ ions and quantum physics before any one start talking ions again.
Regards,
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam View Post
Hi, so what do You measure (detect) - the resistance (impedance) of the ground between nails? You Can buy a Mega meter to do it and measure current. I have in my lab Mega meter, it can do up to 5 KV with DC/AC with adjustable frequency and it display 00.00 ma - is it suitable to sense metal? What should happened if frequency is OK and metal is OK - it will be parallel resonance or series resonance? Can You make some electric drawing to make model of electric theory going on under ground for this connection? Do You expect that "ions" will jump out of gold above ground? I strongly recommend to do some homework about AU+ ions and quantum physics before any one start talking ions again.
Regards,
Hi Wam,
The equipment we are talking about is called the VR-800 "molecular frequency discriminator" sold for $1995 US. See below:

The two large plastic pipes with vertical brass rods are pushed into the ground.
Then the wires are connected to the signal generator that sends out a square wave at the battery voltage from the 555 timer IC.
You can turn the knob on the front of the box to change the square wave frequency to the secret frequency for different buried metals.
In order to locate the buried metal, you hold the two small copper pipe handles in your hands and walk around the ground.
The wires connected to the pipe handles are plugged into the smaller plastic box which also has a 555 timer IC in it.
This second 555 timer is running at a different frequency than the frequency generator connected to the ground probes.

The people who sell this equipment say the long swiveling rod at the top of the handles in your hands will swing and point to where the metal is buried.
You can follow where the rods are pointing until you come to the location of the buried metal.
When you walk over the top of the buried metal, the rods will cross together.
You do not actually measure any electronic signal.
You only watch the rods swing to the direction of the buried metal.

Geo has told us this VR-800 signal generator will not work.
Geo told us that we should use much more power than this 555 timer can deliver.
So we need to change the signal generator to a higher voltage like 70 volts or more.
Then we can expect the rods in our hands will swing to point to the treasure.
So don't spend $1995 US for the VR-800.
You are better to build your own signal generator with 70 volts or more.
It will cost less money too.

For me, I see no science here.
I see only some talk to say this will work to find treasure if you change it to send out more than 70 volts instead of the original battery voltage.
I see no evidence anybody ever found treasure with this equipment.
These are photos of a VR-800 that somebody gave to Carl-NC who is owner of the Geotech forums to test and to see why it does not work.
It only found treasure one time... It found $1995 US when the buyer sent money to the LRL salesman to buy it.
But it never found anything else for the owner or for Carl-NC.
I also know that Carl-NC will pay $25,000 to anybody who can pass his test to prove they can find buried metal using this equipment.
I do not see any people taking his test to win his $25,000.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 05:15 AM

Thanks for clarifying, would it help if a person is walking around without shoes?
If the detecting is via neuron response and contraction system, then the better contact with ground and more electricity may improve. What is recommended distance between nails?
What about puling small trolley behind with battery and HV generator connected to the wheals with nails? Trying this is still better than sitting in front TV - no matter how stupid is the idea.
If it works every time at least for one person on this planet He will be a celebrity and reworded with Nobel price for proving new field in science.
I think it is more about looking for THE ONE individual with special powers among all of us. It requires to find only one "chosen" to be recognized as science, when he will be detected all universities will pay big $ to be able to study him.
Regards,
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Guru

Quote:
I see, but i think JP was talking about Lrods and a 555 glued to a 9v battery, so this is something different.
Of course producing HV is easy, and you easily make flow many mA between nails .This is not really what i call a portable LRL...
But what about a 1kv/m natural earth gradient ?
No big difference. Very simple with air emition only (with a 555) the detected field is small.
Sorry but i don't understand what you mean "natural earth gradient "

Regards
Old 11-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
Hi Fred,
Of course this is what we are talking about.
We have been talking about the VR-800 style L-rod with a 555 frequency generator since I answered goldfinder's post #39 where he complained about the high cost of commercial MFD LRLs.
Geo knows this very well because he can read posts before he makes replies.
If Geo is certain that 70 volts is needed, then we have discovered the reason why the VR-800 failed to help Dell Winders find the hidden coins so he could win the Randi prize.
Maybe I should use eight 9v batteries glued together in series.
I think I can plug the positive and negative connectors together without using glue.
Then I will have the needed voltage without making a special power supply.
But this is too much voltage for my 3055 transistors.
Maybe I need to switch to 100v SCRs or triodes for releasing this voltage into the ground at the different treasure frequencies.
Rubber gloves could be useful.

Best wishes,
J_P
Hi J_P.
It is very easy....
A oscillator with a power transistor and a transformer. So you don't need high voltage battery. Another very good solution is to use a TDA ic.... for power amplifier.
BUT... the waveform must be sine

Regards
Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi J_P.
It is very easy....
A oscillator with a power transistor and a transformer. So you don't need high voltage battery. Another very good solution is to use a TDA ic.... for power amplifier.
BUT... the waveform must be sine

Regards
Excellent!
This solves the problem of putting a frequency through a transformer... it will come out as sine to make a perfect waveform.
But when we have over 70 volts and many milliamps, we are using some power.
And we also lose about 20% power through the transformer.
So maybe better to use a bigger battery than a single 9V.
Maybe better to use a 12 or 18 volt Lithium ion battery with 2 amp-hr capacity taken from a portable drill so battery will not run dry too soon.

Also, what should we do with the small plastic box that has 555 oscillator connected to the dowsing rod handles?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 AM

What about MP3 player connected to car audio amplifier with trafo on the output so with Earth as a load You can go for 1000V on the secondary side - all with 12 V battery ?
You can play from MP3 any sin signal.
Regards,
Old 11-19-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
What about MP3 player connected to car audio amplifier with trafo on the output so with Earth as a load You can go for 1000V on the secondary side - all with 12 V battery ?
Regards,
I think better way is, we use a signal generator software on our laptop and amplify the output of laptop sound card to give this signal to earth by probes or even give this signal to our LRL Handels ...
What do you think ???
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 AM

I think that PC is not usable because of HIGH noise and it will make impossible to use bio-neuro triangular detection, but original box can be less noisy if they remove all LEDs and keep one to indicate that it is ON. It can reduce praise of it - it seems that rotary switch with ionized Gold contacts is the reason for high price.
Regards,
Old 11-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Guru

Quote:
Regards,
This seems an interesting idea.
You can record all the treasure frequencies as mp3 songs.
Then name each song to the name of the treasure, like Gold.mp3, Silver.mp3, Platinum.mp3, etc.
Then you will never need to worry about the frequency drift because it is digital encoded and cannot change frequency.
But best thing is your secret frequency is safe, because most people will not know you hid it on an mp3.
If people hear your mp3 songs they will think it they are very boring songs, and they will not try to steal them.
The treasure hunter can also take the 12 v audio signal and put it to headphones to help with the treasure hunting while the high voltage is in the ground.

I wonder if 1000 volt signal is better for getting longer range detection?
Maybe we must study the earth impedance at different frequencies for good impedance matching of the 1000v signal.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 09:14 AM

I will try to place mp3s on ebay. What a grate idea, no need to go to post office to make delivery.
Regards,
Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
Excellent!
This solves the problem of putting a frequency through a transformer... it will come out as sine to make a perfect waveform.
But when we have over 70 volts and many milliamps, we are using some power.
And we also lose about 20% power through the transformer.
So maybe better to use a bigger battery than a single 9V.
Maybe better to use a 12 or 18 volt Lithium ion battery with 2 amp-hr capacity taken from a portable drill so battery will not run dry too soon.

Also, what should we do with the small plastic box that has 555 oscillator connected to the dowsing rod handles?

Best wishes,
J_P
I use the 14.4V lithium battery from TDI.
(Thanks to Carl)
2Ah or biger is OK.
I don't use the small box that connected to Lrods....

But what happening with you????
The time to California is about 04:00 and you don't sleep. I saw this many times with you

Regards
Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Guru

Quote:
Regards,
MP3 player has not power so it is better to make something from the beggining

Regards
Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Guru

Quote:
I use the 14.4V lithium battery from TDI.
(Thanks to Carl)
2Ah or biger is OK.
I don't use the small box that connected to Lrods....

But what happening with you????
The time to California is about 04:00 and you don't sleep. I saw this many times with you

......MP3 player has not power so it is better to make something from the beggining

Regards
Time is not 4:00, but is very late.
The reason is because much of my work is on the computer that must be completed on a schedule.
I like to work late hours because this is the time when there is there is no interruptions to stop me like I find during business hours and early evening hours.
I can do 3-4 hours and finish my scheduled work, then in the day I can work slow and stop for a break when I want without hurting the schedule.

But this does not explain how the VR-800 finds treasure.
mp3 player is only the signal... the power comes from 12v car battery and transformer...
You can add extra transistor stages to send large current to transformer.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Guru

How works VR-800... who knows????
Maybe Dell

Regards
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Guru

Quote:
Maybe Dell

Regards
Dell?

He said operating conditions deteriorated affecting the reliability of the instrument making it impractical for his use in 1988.
He did not use it, he only sold it.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Guru

Quote:
No big difference. Very simple with air emition only (with a 555) the detected field is small.
Sorry but i don't understand what you mean "natural earth gradient "

Regards
Well, 9v "whatever signal" in the air between two rods is not going to do anything, you know that Geo.
About natural earth gradient: above the surface of the earth there is a voltage that develop, i you could measure it you would see many hundreds of volts between you feets and your head (when you stand up ) This is what makes thunderstorms under special conditions, judging by the size of the "spark" you can imagine how high is the voltage.
I suppose this voltage gradient could influence a lot the effects you are talking about, if you compare it to a 9v battery...
Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Maybe Dell

Regards
Very well for him i am sure. A 555 and e few VR´s, not even a real pcb and a screw to hold it properlyfor... $ 1995 + the "plug-ins", i am sure it works pretty well for him indeed.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 PM

Hi dear friends...

did you think if we produce a sine signal with special frequency [for example 5khz for gold]
and with a signal generator or a sound player and amplify it by one audio amplifier and send this signal to Lrod's handle, this is work for finding gold ?
Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENSKULL View Post
Hi dear friends...

did you think if we produce a sine signal with special frequency [for example 5khz for gold]
and with a signal generator or a sound player and amplify it by one audio amplifier and send this signal to Lrod's handle, this is work for finding gold ?
I think no.
Some people think yes.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Well, 9v "whatever signal" in the air between two rods is not going to do anything, you know that Geo.
About natural earth gradient: above the surface of the earth there is a voltage that develop, i you could measure it you would see many hundreds of volts between you feets and your head (when you stand up ) This is what makes thunderstorms under special conditions, judging by the size of the "spark" you can imagine how high is the voltage.
I suppose this voltage gradient could influence a lot the effects you are talking about, if you compare it to a 9v battery...
Hi Fred,
This atmospheric voltage can be very useful when trying to locate some anomaly in the ground that is hard to find by measuring it directly.

People who work with high voltage know it is hard to take measurements of current flow by sampling in the air for electric currents that can leak through the air between high voltage conductors. But it is much easier to use an instrument that will probe for anomalies in the voltage gradient between these conductors. We see that it is easier to map the voltage anomalies, but nearly impossible to map the current flow anomalies. I know this because I worked with high voltage conductors for a number of years.

There is one problem about the dowser feeling the atmospheric voltage, or using simple meters to measure this voltage for the purpose of surveying for where the anomalies are to be found in the voltage gradient. He will distort the atmospheric voltage by standing on the ground. A treasure hunter will have 0 volts at his head, not 200 volts, because he pushes the ground potential up to the location where his body and dowsing rod are located. See here: http://student.fizika.org/~jsisko/Knjige/Opca%20Fizika/Feynman%20Lectures%20on%20Physics/Vol%202%20Ch%2009%20-%20Electricity%20in%20the%20Atmosphere.pdf

Also see diagram below.
The treasure hunter is very lucky that physics says he will push the ground potential up to the surface of his body.
If this was not true, then he could feel some voltage from the air the same as when he puts his finger in the light socket.

So we know that he and his dowsing rod are not detecting the atmospheric voltage.
If they detect anything at all, it is not atmospheric voltage.
Maybe something different which is influenced by anomalies in the atmospheric voltage.

Best wishes,
J_P
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi Fred,
This atmospheric voltage can be very useful when trying to locate some anomaly in the ground that is hard to find by measuring it directly.

People who work with high voltage know it is hard to take measurements of current flow by sampling in the air for electric currents that can leak through the air between high voltage conductors. But it is much easier to use an instrument that will probe for anomalies in the voltage gradient between these conductors. We see that it is easier to map the voltage anomalies, but nearly impossible to map the current flow anomalies. I know this because I worked with high voltage conductors for a number of years.

There is one problem about the dowser feeling the atmospheric voltage, or using simple meters to measure this voltage for the purpose of surveying for where the anomalies are to be found in the voltage gradient. He will distort the atmospheric voltage by standing on the ground. A treasure hunter will have 0 volts at his head, not 200 volts, because he pushes the ground potential up to the location where his body and dowsing rod are located. See here: http://student.fizika.org/~jsisko/Knjige/Opca%20Fizika/Feynman%20Lectures%20on%20Physics/Vol%202%20Ch%2009%20-%20Electricity%20in%20the%20Atmosphere.pdf

Also see diagram below.
The treasure hunter is very lucky that physics says he will push the ground potential up to the surface of his body.
If this was not true, then he could feel some voltage from the air the same as when he puts his finger in the light socket.

So we know that he and his dowsing rod are not detecting the atmospheric voltage.
If they detect anything at all, it is not atmospheric voltage.
Maybe something different which is influenced by anomalies in the atmospheric voltage.

Best wishes,
J_P
By COMPASS ???

Name:  goldcrossout.jpg
Views: 5484
Size:  48.8 KB
Old 11-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
By COMPASS ???

Attachment 17501
I tougth COMPASS was the brand for metal detectors not dowsing rods...
Old 11-21-2011, 12:28 AM

It is all OK, go for extremes, if you hold rods in hands and the voltage between feet will increase then it can be seen that rods will start moving. When the voltage decrease the movement will be smaller. It works every time with every person (voltages may vary for each person) but it works even if the person is dead for short time. It works for animals too. Some animals are more sensitive to current than humans. May be we should focus on some bionic detector with small animal in the cage to point the direction of electrical anomalies. Let take a mouse and electrocute it frequently so it will run from direction of higher potentials etc.