LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Guru

Default WARNING!! Mini Eliminator mod is incorrect

Yet another proof I do not know what i am doing. It didn't hurt anything, but something is not right with the mod I posted. The ground wire to pin 11 is just not right. That goes to a capacitor and I don't know what the problem is, but when I removed the wire from pin 11 the tone got louder. So I removed both wires plugged the IC8038 back in and will just use it as stock for now until I learn more about the issue. So now I think I still might have a chance to clear this up and try to mesh this with my contraption some day down the road but not now.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Guru

I really like the precision of the DDS signal generators. Wish I knew more electronics about the bi-polar power supply. I suspect that could be the area where the problem is. Something strange was happening when I increased the voltage/amplitude of the DDS, the voltage dropped at the output Or maybe it's something to do with the inverter function of the NMOS or a combination thereof. Whatever it is, I'm over it. Not even sure I need it, anyway.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Guru

I'm going to go back and take a second look at this issue to see if I can get something I feel more comfortable with. Basically, I plan to measure the voltages, etc. and see if I can match the original stock version. My feelings are that these need to be the same or else it might not work like it was designed. The mod I made does work just not sure if it is correct.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Guru

Know when to say "When". I'm there. It's over my head and I don't need to drown right now. So someone else will have to carry the flag on this one. I still think it's doable, just not by me right now. Ignorance speaks loudly today. But never say "Never".
Old 02-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Guru

They say the most ignorant are those who don't know what they don't know. I can assure you I am not in that category today, anyway. I know very well that I don't know much of anything about the Mini Eliminator II. That means I have much to learn.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:03 AM

Cool Mini Eliminator II schematic (ME-II)

Dear Mike
on Mini Eliminator II modification you posted "I'm going by Carl's schematic, or at least what I think I understand about it. And Bob Fitz said it wasn't correct"

let assume the Carl's schematic is wrong (or maybe just some wrong connections).
you are modifying Mini Eliminator base on Carl's schematic .

Could you draw a schematic base on your own Mini Eliminator ?? (Even draw by hand)

I'm an Electronic Engineer,I'll do my best to help you.

first thing needed to modify ME-II is a correct schematic.

I think some thing is wrong with Carl's schematic.

Regards,Zura