LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 11-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Guru

Default Dowsing revisited

Obviously there is much misunderstanding concerning dowsing. Let's face it, the typical beginner is going to stare at the pendulum (or rod) until they are hypnotized then the wishful thinking takes over while all the time the person is swaying around like a drunk and believing the rod is pulling them in a certain direction.

Sounds exagerated but it isn't. You gotta emotionally detach yourself from the search. I mean for most beginners the rod is the elephant in the room and it draws all of the person's attention. It might sound stupid, but you are not searching for the rod. And besides, when you focus all your vision (and attention) on an object you are left side brain dominant. That's something a beginner has to overcome. Probably heard about using a soft focus and for me, I like to direct this to a spot a couple inches past the tip of the rod and direct this thought energy outwards like a search light/beam. This is when I use the "Mind's Eye" thing. I describe it as "Seeing with the subconscious" which is probably a misnomer as everything comes through there first. But if you think of the human body as a transceiver there is a circuit--your energy going out and then you try to feel the effects on the target field. People talk about field pressure, field membrane, etc. that surrounds a target. I have described the process as the search beam (thought energy) is an extension of the rod and I use it sort of like a truckdriver uses a tire iron to thump the tires to check for air pressure only we're dealing with field pressure here. And in case you didn't realize, the field pressure is not going to feel real strong for a beginner. Of course knowing how to use the rod as an extension of yourself is really going to improve your sensitivity. Try rubbing the palms of your hands flat together for 60 seconds. Now slowly move your hands closer together (don't touch together) and try to feel the charge (field pressure)there. It takes time for your hands to wake up and feel the subtle energies. I describe it as a flickering like when a neon light is starting up. I have also heard to hold your opposite hand down a foot lower so you get a bit more voltage to work with.

If you continue to practice, one day things will gel. And once you learn what it feels like then you know what to look for next time.

A bit more on the left brain obstacle. Your vision can input large amounts of info to your brain, up to 80% of sensory data. So this is the main one your need to filter out, thus the soft focus, etc. But even once you have learned to do this, you still need to learn to halt the mental processes which I might refer to as prejudices we all have. Some people really do think they are so special that they don't even need to address this issue.

BTW, I suppose this word will get banned, but the internet is a breeding ground for
sociopaths. When I call someone that, it's a polite way to mean just about every swear word in the book!
Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Complete gobbledygook and mystical nonsense.

Theseus - For me this is a lost cause. I'll leave this one to you.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post

BTW, I suppose this word will get banned, but the internet is a breeding ground for
sociopaths. When I call someone that, it's a polite way to mean just about every swear word in the book!
Hiya Mike!

I agree, the internet is a breeding ground for sociopaths. Here are two examples of a sociopath LRL proponent here on Geotech

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...&postcount=131

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...&postcount=133

Are you a sociopath, Mike?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Guru

Quote:

If you continue to practice, one day things will gel.
And once you learn what it feels like then you know what to look for next time.
If you continue to practice, one day you will get dead.
And once you learn what all you miss in real life, there was no chance for next time.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
If you continue to practice, one day you will get dead.
And once you learn what all you miss in real life, there was no chance for next time.
I could not have said it better. Imagine, devoting (wasting) the best part of a lifetime to chasing pendulums and dowsing rods around; and still not understanding that there are no physical energies to be sensed, and that the whole concept is a trick of the mind - a simple ideomotor response.

I might add just one thing; if Mike knows and understands all he iterated in the opening post, wouldn't it be safe to assume he must be one of the most successful (if not THE most successful) dowsers on the face of the Earth?

And, if he's not, .....well, I guess he just needs some more practice.

The Wallet-Miner's Creed
Why bother with the truth, when it doesn't suit the argument?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Let's face it, the typical beginner is going to stare at the pendulum (or rod) until they are hypnotized then the wishful thinking takes over while all the time the person is swaying around like a drunk and believing the rod is pulling them in a certain direction.

Hey, you don't have to be a beginner to do that.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Guru

Hey Mike why you don't just let people keep searching for the super LRL?
Don't you see they are blind?
They have it inside them but they keep looking arround them.
I start believing you are a missionary my friend.
Anyway I am still reading anything related to dowsing and this includes your posts as well.

You should be over here Mike.
Greece is a dowsers paradise for sure!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
Greece is a dowsers paradise for sure!
Therefore forever the paradise of undiscovered treasures too.

Here some help to believers for free:

Digital humidity sensor - free sample:

http://www.sensirion.com/en/01_humid...nsor_sht21.htm
Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Therefore forever the paradise of undiscovered treasures too.

Here some help to believers for free:......
If you consider as a believer somebody that unearthed treassure more than once using dowsing then I have to admit it.
Yes I am a believer.
And if you think that if this that I am saying is truth then it can only be happened by chance then you have no idea of what treasure hunting is about and never mind your knowledge about electronics.
I know you don't take me seriously anyway.Just joking WM6!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
then you have no idea of what treasure hunting is about
100% correct. Not only in his case, but in the case of some 'enlighteneds' here.

Quote:
and never mind your knowledge about electronics.
How much? If he can't understand the simple law of charges?

Hey George, I salute your gift as a dowser. I have read here your success.
Unfortunately I cannot dowse with rods.
But I do use very well the RT Examiner which is not dowsing and it worked for me.

Actually the term dowsing is so limiting and so vast at the same time, that it's frequently misused in forums like this one.
I know someone who is a gifted person. He can 'remote view' persons and particular situations happening at that same instant in another place. That is, he has the ability of remote viewing past the 'n' space barrier. This means a wave propagation not restricted to the time and space continuum.

Of course there are hundreds and even thousands of persons like himself. He is not the only one.

Of couse the skeptics here will bash this and will not believe it. But that's exactly what their limited minds tell them to do. Simply bash something you do not understand instead of study it. Too much work for the mind.
Thank God I don't belong to this group.

George, as soon as the TNET forum is up again, I will forward you to a very popular thread I started there called 'When Science Shouts to the Deaf'.
In this thread I tell the factual and real case of experiments that happened in China, 1981, when several children and adults could teleport objects including radio transmitters from one location to another. This all was documented and video taped.
This confirms the nature of electron as a wave and its broadcast not limited to dimensional barriers.

In the thread I publish the conclusions of Eric Davis of Warp Drive Metrics, an organization that was used by the US Military to write a report on this.

Best regards.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Guru

You know the whole thing about feeling skin currents certainly correlates with some studies with GSR meters. It wouldn't take much to set up a data logger and grid an area by taking a weighted average of the GSR at each step (vs. a snapshot). Sharp responses get more weight. In the end it's still just a tool.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:17 AM

Hi everyone.

I used to think Dowsing was a scam, that is until I gave it a go myself.

I'm an engineer and was out on site once, and one of the supervisors was out finding underground services with dowsing rods. I thought he was a crack pot, until I gave it a go, and it actually worked!

I havent been much interested in it until today out of boredom I'd see what happend with a few tests and manged to scare the hell out of myself.

I figured I'd test If could chose what to look for. Here's the story. First I checked the ground was 'clear' with two bit of coat hanger wire, then put down a piece of metal, thought to myself 'metal', and guess what, the rods closed in when I walked over the metal. Then I said 'dont find metal' and the rods did not close.

Being an engineer I thought 'it's probably my mind causing my muscles to move in when im over the metal'. So to test this I got the wife to randomy place the coin on the gorund and I wore a blind fold. Sure enough I found the coin every time. She even randomy didnt place it on the ground at all, and guess what, when she didnt place it, I didnt find it, no reaction.

Scared the hell outta me, I'm not too keen to try it again. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by udor
Hi everyone.

I used to think Dowsing was a scam, that is until I gave it a go myself.

I'm an engineer and was out on site once, and one of the supervisors was out finding underground services with dowsing rods. I thought he was a crack pot, until I gave it a go, and it actually worked!

I havent been much interested in it until today out of boredom I'd see what happend with a few tests and manged to scare the hell out of myself.

I figured I'd test If could chose what to look for. Here's the story. First I checked the ground was 'clear' with two bit of coat hanger wire, then put down a piece of metal, thought to myself 'metal', and guess what, the rods closed in when I walked over the metal. Then I said 'dont find metal' and the rods did not close.

Being an engineer I thought 'it's probably my mind causing my muscles to move in when im over the metal'. So to test this I got the wife to randomy place the coin on the gorund and I wore a blind fold. Sure enough I found the coin every time. She even randomy didnt place it on the ground at all, and guess what, when she didnt place it, I didnt find it, no reaction.

Scared the hell outta me, I'm not too keen to try it again. Thanks for listening.
Hi udor,

That sounds interesting.
Are you ready to take Randi's test to win a million dollars now?

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 AM
Guru

Udor, I've done more or less the same.

That having been said, I would recommend not getting involved in trying to "prove you can dowse". (I'm talking blinded dowsing here, successfully locating objects the location of which you have no prior knowledge). Attempts to "prove that one can dowse" end in failure.

The simplest explanation is that the mindset of trying to prove something is not the mindset of trying to find something, and so under "prove it" conditions whatever dowsing ability you might have, isn't going to be active under those conditions.

There are other more esoteric theories as to why blinded dowsing fails under test conditions, but they're controversial and have no proof. At least the "wrong mindset" theory is a good fit with our understanding of ideomotor response.

--Dave J.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:17 AM

I think I was just trying to prove it to myself and to the wife who didnt believe it. Now she does because she had control of the coin, and I always got it right. Having said that, I'm not interested in proving it to anyone else. I don't see myself using or developing the skill as I don't really see a need in the modern world with all the high tech gizomo's we have.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Guru

I discovered quite by accident in my teens that I had an ability related to dowsing, although I wasn't thinking of it in "dowsing" terms at the time. About 8 years ago I decided to explore dowsing by doing it, reasoning about the results, and reasoning about what other people were saying on the "old" Treasurenet LRL forum. In other words, my interest was in a scientific perspective rather than in dowsing becoming a hobby.

The only kind of dowsing that interests me is blinded dowsing, since unblinded dowsing already has good explanations.

I came to the conclusion that despite the very compelling feeling that the rods are moving themselves, it is in fact the hands that are moving them subconsciously and since it's subconscious, the conscious mind feels only the rod movement hence the sensation that the rods are moving themselves.

About a year ago my daughter mentioned dowsing to a friend, he didn't know what it was, so I offered to demo. I bent a couple of coathangers and volunteered to locate utilities crossing the parking lot while I walked with my eyes shut and he watched for traffic. Going back and forth I got good solid hits at a particular location noted by my daugter's friend. ......When I was done with that, I opened my eyes and I was at 90 degrees to a phone line pedestal. So I said "Aha! Success! .....but not until it has been verified!" (Because no dowse is a good dowse until it's been ground truthed.) The following day I brought an electronic utility line tracer from work and traced the utilities. They didn't cross the parking lot, they went alongside it.

I got good solid consistent hits in both directions, dowsing blind. It was a good demo at the time, since what was visible to the eye seemed to validate it. The puzzle is this: why consistent hits in a blind dowse when there was nothing there, the utilities ran elsewhere?

My "controversial unprovable theory" is that "someone up there" was jerking me around. It ain't much of a theory but it's better than nothing and it has no need to rely on pseudoscience.

--Dave J.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post

The simplest explanation is that the mindset of trying to prove something is not the mindset of trying to find something, and so under "prove it" conditions whatever dowsing ability you might have, isn't going to be active under those conditions.

--Dave J.
words that hold gold!

Mind you that there are people that can do it always and they don't really care doing it even infront of many others.
Simply they have reached much higher levels as dowsers but it is more likely that you will not come across one since they don't like talking about that whith others.
You see probably this is because they belong to some other category now and they prefer talking about dowsing whith people close to their level.The best experience I had once was when I saw one of them in action talking about the shape of a silver target when he dowsed it from 300meters away.Up to that time I thought you must step on a target before you can do such an evaluation but I was wrong.There are people arround that they can tell a thing like that from a distance but it is only a few.
Of course they were amateurs themselves once and I know they were discussing their progress or dowsing more openly at that time.
Well thats how it goes we like it or not, and when I asked why he is so mystique now one he replied that after some time you get bored of saying the same things all over again so you stop doing it in order to keep getting better yourself.
Regards
g-sani
Old 12-12-2010, 03:30 PM

good morning Rudy, You posted --> Sorry but reincarnation runs counter to my strong beliefs in Frisbeetarianism.

I have recently read that that is a belief that after death the soul gets stuck on the roof??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

UDOR my friend: You posted -->I'm pretty sure dowsing works. But as I said before, what's the use of it?
If you can program yourself to find that coin, you can also program yourself to find 'anything'. For help in concentrating, without realizing why, many resort to a "witness".

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist".