LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default My long range field trip

I've been thinking that there has been enough talk about devices, diodes, things that go bleep and just about everything else on here and it's about time to put theory into action. About 20 years ago my friends and i found some good nuggets litterally sitting on top of some old 20-30ft shafts from the 1800-early 1900 rush in Victoria. Now the gold is from 20- 30 ft depth of an old creek bed and this makes for a good testing ground for any LRL. The nuggets found here are discribed as follows from a 1900 Tasmanian paper.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 25 0Z. NUGGET
FOUND AT ABCDEFGH.
Messrs. Philip sand John Robson and Fred. Beach, jun., working at ABCD Gully, a few miles out of ABCDEFGH (Vic.), recently, were the fortunate finders of a nugget which when cleaned weighed 25oz. The party had been working about the gully for some time past witlh but very meagre results, and so poor had their prospects become that at the place that they had on the previous day decided to give up in despair. They had even removed most of their tools away on Friday night, but on Saturday, whilst having a last look round prior to abandoning the claim, one of the party, in. taking out a few buckets of wash, struck the nugget in the side of their drive, about 20ft. from the surface. It was in the same locality about three years ago that Messrs. W. Atkins and James Seymour unearthed a nugget weighing about 130oz., and at different times during many years past other rich finds have occasionally been made by miners working there from time to time.
================================================== ==========
It's an incredibly interesting reading about what these people did just to get here from overseas and the way they mined the area. Some of the reef gold paid 20 oz of gold per tonne. (thats rich ore!) But where i'm going is a seconary ore deposit, it's the old creek bed thats been washed down and been covered over by dirt over millions of years.

So back to rules of detection No. 1- Does it exist? - Yes
No. 2 -Is it safe?
No! There are 30 ft shafts everywhere and some are covered over by grass and twigs, but stuff it rules are made to be broken.
Now the old time miners from the 1800-1900 rush knew a thing or two about this stuff and they knew that where the underground stream is running on top of the hard rock (at 20- 30 ft) is where the gold will be. So how do you Long Range Detect where the contour of the hard rock is at 30 ft delow the surface? Well it's hard rock so the water doesnt sink through it and so it becomes a creek after rain which will still be flowing if there is enough rain. So you water devine it! Simple! This gives a fairly accurate reading of where the creek is. I even use pegs with colored flags to point out where the divining "path of statics least resistance" is.
Now that i picked my spot it is time to detect @ 30 ft/10 mtrs.
More to come.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Guru

Hi Dedevil

It is very interesting what you are posting here.

In my case i m planning for February 2013 to test an LRL device on a site were people on the past recover gold nuggets. But now my question is if devices like LRL, Mineoro and others can detect gold nuggets?
In my opinion the answer is yes if you consider that gold buried from long time produce the phenomenum, so why not gold nuggets?

Regards

Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post
I've been thinking that there has been enough talk about devices, diodes, things that go bleep and just about everything else on here and it's about time to put theory into action. About 20 years ago my friends and i found some good nuggets litterally sitting on top of some old 20-30ft shafts from the 1800-early 1900 rush in Victoria. Now the gold is from 20- 30 ft depth of an old creek bed and this makes for a good testing ground for any LRL. The nuggets found here are discribed as follows from a 1900 Tasmanian paper.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 25 0Z. NUGGET
FOUND AT ABCDEFGH.
Messrs. Philip sand John Robson and Fred. Beach, jun., working at ABCD Gully, a few miles out of ABCDEFGH (Vic.), recently, were the fortunate finders of a nugget which when cleaned weighed 25oz. The party had been working about the gully for some time past witlh but very meagre results, and so poor had their prospects become that at the place that they had on the previous day decided to give up in despair. They had even removed most of their tools away on Friday night, but on Saturday, whilst having a last look round prior to abandoning the claim, one of the party, in. taking out a few buckets of wash, struck the nugget in the side of their drive, about 20ft. from the surface. It was in the same locality about three years ago that Messrs. W. Atkins and James Seymour unearthed a nugget weighing about 130oz., and at different times during many years past other rich finds have occasionally been made by miners working there from time to time.
================================================== ==========
It's an incredibly interesting reading about what these people did just to get here from overseas and the way they mined the area. Some of the reef gold paid 20 oz of gold per tonne. (thats rich ore!) But where i'm going is a seconary ore deposit, it's the old creek bed thats been washed down and been covered over by dirt over millions of years.

So back to rules of detection No. 1- Does it exist? - Yes
No. 2 -Is it safe?
No! There are 30 ft shafts everywhere and some are covered over by grass and twigs, but stuff it rules are made to be broken.
Now the old time miners from the 1800-1900 rush knew a thing or two about this stuff and they knew that where the underground stream is running on top of the hard rock (at 20- 30 ft) is where the gold will be. So how do you Long Range Detect where the contour of the hard rock is at 30 ft delow the surface? Well it's hard rock so the water doesnt sink through it and so it becomes a creek after rain which will still be flowing if there is enough rain. So you water devine it! Simple! This gives a fairly accurate reading of where the creek is. I even use pegs with colored flags to point out where the divining "path of statics least resistance" is.
Now that i picked my spot it is time to detect @ 30 ft/10 mtrs.
More to come.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Banned

Default Why use an LRL?

LRL's were not around in the 1800- 1900 gold rush and they found plenty of gold. So why buy a LRL? Sure there are detectors that will detect at 30ft/10 meters a nugget on the surface. But these detectors will not penatrate the ground and so cannot find a nugget straight below you where the gold is 30feet/10 meters straight below. Also the gold that has been washed along the old creek bed is scattered every where so how would you distinguish between lots of tiny specks and a large nugget? Here's a picture of the detector i use. It will detect to 1 cm max.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dedevil; 12-20-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: pic to big
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Banned

Default Down to 25 feet / 7 meters

Well i must say that LRL's are a good idea BUT In practically digging down through 7 meters of dirt and clay to the bedrock is very hard work.
The pictures here show the shaft about 10cm from the bedrock which is where i started getting small gold.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Guru

You are on trip again?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

I think that was an attempt of sarcasim by wm6? No Not trippin I used to process this ore and get an ounce a day with nuggets up to thumb size. With todays gold prices thats around $10,000 a week. These small pieces are everywhere but the hardest thing is getting them seperated from the potters clay in which they lie. For this i used a trommel but i am now moving towards a gravity feed sluice.