Default vlf

www.mwlist.org/vlf.php
Old 05-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Guru

Very interesting site.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Guru

Yeah, the trick is to find a station that is operating consistently. Of course they all shut down for maintenance from time to time but there is something I haven't figured out on some of the stations that would appear to have a strong signal and yet they seem to be on the blink. I read about it somewhere they go out of phase in various areas surprisingly sometimes if they are nearby but I don't think there is any way to calculate which station will work consistently other than to try it out, and even then there are no guarantees, but that just shows that i don't know. .
Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Guru

And I'm not even talking about atmospheric conditions.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Guru

I have a SuperSID monitor. It comes with software but I like the Spectrum Labs because you can get finer detail. I guess it depends on what wave band you are working in, but for the VLF below about 45 kHz you can see what is happening in your area. Now maybe there is other software for higher frequencies, I don't know.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:47 PM

Default 30 hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post

can you tell me : is the range of 30hz frequency good for treasure hunting ?(by metal detector-EM or any type of LRLs )
if used and will be good , what is it advantage from higher range of frecuency ?(20 khz)
if not ,where is used this range ? (which applications)
you know vlf means very low frequency , this is start from khz or hz ?
thank you
Old 05-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Guru

Sorry, I am not qualified to give any advice for you. There are some projects on the forum and they can help you.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Guru

I probably didn't explain this very well. If you do not know what you are doing it is best to build a project that has already been tested and shown to work. Some frequencies do not work in certain areas.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryo View Post
can you tell me : is the range of 30hz frequency good for treasure hunting ?(by metal detector-EM or any type of LRLs )
if used and will be good , what is it advantage from higher range of frecuency ?(20 khz)
if not ,where is used this range ? (which applications)
you know vlf means very low frequency , this is start from khz or hz ?
thank you
Using 30Hz as working frequency, you will face with interference problems of mains power line (60Hz in USA 50Hz in EU).

Above 20kHz skin effect phenomenon begin.

VLF range is between 3kHz and 30kHz.

Probably you need ULF (range between 300Hz and 3kHz), then try with frequencies between 600 and 800Hz and simple Wheatstone bridge solutions.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:47 PM

Default freq

Quote:
Sorry, I am not qualified to give any advice for you. There are some projects on the forum and they can help you.
thank you

Quote:
I probably didn't explain this very well. If you do not know what you are doing it is best to build a project that has already been tested and shown to work. Some frequencies do not work in certain areas.
thanks , one of my friends told me about a device that can work at range of 30hz to 20khz frequency ,but i did not know what is it means really but i think frequency not is everything while looking for ancient metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Using 30Hz as working frequency, you will face with interference problems of mains power line (60Hz in USA 50Hz in EU).

Above 20kHz skin effect phenomenon begin.

VLF range is between 3kHz and 30kHz.

Probably you need ULF (range between 300Hz and 3kHz), then try with frequencies between 600 and 800Hz and simple Wheatstone bridge solutions.
thank you so much ,i did not know the frequency is different at countries and some of them not working at other countries , i was thinking to find a proper range of frequency for finding ancient gold ,but maybe never have success by my opinion about find freq
Old 05-10-2016, 02:50 PM
Guru

Yeah, a 10 kHz - 30 kHz receiver is supposed to work in conjunction with the AM radio band. This is along the lines of the Gold Gun but I have no experience with that design. I think some of the designs on the forum are similar to the Gold Gun. As I recall you can get about 100 feet range (30 meters) on a large target or ore body if you have an AM radio station nearby.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Guru

Gold Gun is one of rare LRL design posted on this forum with real detecting potential.
Not on kilometers, but on decent detecting distance.

Probably there are a couple reasons why builders are not satisfied with GG results.
One is bad tunning procedure. Another one, even more important, is wrong detecting approach.

GG working in reflective mode should never be directed to signal source (transmitter) but always at 90° angle regarding signal source direction: