LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Guru

Angry Are you interested how LRLs really work?

If YES:

provide and help to get useful, technical, electronical, reliable test-experience, concrete and other HARD FACTS !

if NO:

play your miserable mysterious-chandler games somewhere else!

I'm so sick of it!

Stupid timewasting "bla bla blas" all over this forum!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Funfinder - In order to balance the information provided in Chapter 13 of Inside the METAL DETECTOR, I spent some of my valuable time in investigating the claims of the PDK. My findings were presented in Chapter 14, and resulted in the LRL design referred to as TOTeM. In the same way as HammerHead is a learning platform for PI detectors, and Raptor is a learning platform for VLF, the TOTem pistol detector is designed as an experimental platform for electronic LRLs. Unlike the other designs on this site, all the information is provided. Nothing is hidden, and all the facts are open for everyone to see. The device acts like the PDK, passes all the laboratory tests described throughout this forum, and even appears to following a "signal line" when in use. Whether this will lead you to untold riches is maybe a different story, but at least I've provided you with the tools you need to experiment. A couple of members have started building TOTeM, but so far I've not heard of any results (good or bad). Perhaps they're all lounging around on a desert island enjoying their new found riches.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Guru

Hi Qiaozhi

Very good, you see the hole thing from a scientific and technical point of view, too.

What is that TOTeM abbreviation thing?

In german tot means dead plus em = dead EM Field locator!

And this is a very good decribition for those kind of detectors!

You're talking about "laboratory tests passed" - what has been tested exactly -
earth magnetical field, 60kHz longwave directional signal distortions, electrostatic fields?
At least we must exclude 2 of the here described detection-methods to get a clear picture.

>Perhaps they're all lounging around on a desert island enjoying their new found riches.

Absolutly. On an island at the Bahamas, Maldives or Hawaii, drinking champage
or coconutmilk and looking for pirate-treasures you can't find without LRL.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
Hi Qiaozhi

Very good, you see the hole thing from a scientific and technical point of view, too.

What is that TOTeM abbreviation thing?

In german tot means dead plus em = dead EM Field locator!

And this is a very good decribition for those kind of detectors!

You're talking about "laboratory tests passed" - what has been tested exactly -
earth magnetical field, 60kHz longwave directional signal distortions, electrostatic fields?
At least we must exclude 2 of the here described detection-methods to get a clear picture.
You will need to read Chapter 14 to find out.
www.geotech1.com/itmd
Old 02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Guru

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
You will need to read Chapter 14 to find out.
www.geotech1.com/itmd
I doubt we will find ITMD whats going on OTLD.

btw. congrats Qiaozhi & Carl for the book and much success as
authors. I also have written already some books, 15 years ago.

You please may upload an excerpt so I know what's goining on
"inside the inside the metal detector book".

Oh - you still wonder what means: OTLD?

Outside The Longrange-Detector!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfinder View Post
You please may upload an excerpt so I know what's goining on
"inside the inside the metal detector book".
www.geotech1.com/itmd
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Guru

Hi Qiaozhi

I agree with you and also i will like to ask who design ToTEM schematic?

Regards

Nelson

Quote:
Funfinder - In order to balance the information provided in Chapter 13 of Inside the METAL DETECTOR, I spent some of my valuable time in investigating the claims of the PDK. My findings were presented in Chapter 14, and resulted in the LRL design referred to as TOTeM. In the same way as HammerHead is a learning platform for PI detectors, and Raptor is a learning platform for VLF, the TOTem pistol detector is designed as an experimental platform for electronic LRLs. Unlike the other designs on this site, all the information is provided. Nothing is hidden, and all the facts are open for everyone to see. The device acts like the PDK, passes all the laboratory tests described throughout this forum, and even appears to following a "signal line" when in use. Whether this will lead you to untold riches is maybe a different story, but at least I've provided you with the tools you need to experiment. A couple of members have started building TOTeM, but so far I've not heard of any results (good or bad). Perhaps they're all lounging around on a desert island enjoying their new found riches.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson View Post
Hi Qiaozhi

I agree with you and also i will like to ask who design ToTEM schematic?

Regards

Nelson
I am the designer of the TOTeM project. Many times in this forum skeptics have been accused of having no first-hand knowledge of LRLs, so I decided to remedy the situation and design a pistol detector from first principles. TOTeM is not simply a clone of the Alonso PDK, and is not connected to the work done by Morgan, Geo and others. There are some new ideas in the design to improve coil balancing and increase sensitivity. I make no claims as to the effectiveness of the device in finding longtime buried gold at long (or even medium) range. However, it is (like the Alonso PD) able to detect metal objects at short distances for the purposes of pinpointing. Also, if balanced correctly, it can discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous targets. Basically, TOTeM is an experimental platform that will allow anyone to explore this grey area of metal detecting for a small amount of money, plus the time required to build the device. You can switch between active or passive modes in order to test the effectiveness of either approach. At times you can appear to be following a "signal Line", but whether this has anything to do with buried treasure is for you to determine. Everything is explained in Chapter 14 of the book, so you are free to modify and improve the design as you wish. The original project was built on stripboard, but Sneshko has designed a PCB to make it even easier to construct. The rest is up to you.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Guru

If it not already done, it could be interesting to make the RX coil adjustable in frequency so it could be tuned to some broadcast frequency, like a giant two-boxes.
As you say the TOTeM is an interesting platform.
(But because of the lower case "e", it has to be a "Trick of the mind" :P )
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
If it not already done, it could be interesting to make the RX coil adjustable in frequency so it could be tuned to some broadcast frequency, like a giant two-boxes.
As you say the TOTeM is an interesting platform.
(But because of the lower case "e", it has to be a "Trick of the mind" :P )
Remembering that I'm a skeptic ... then TOTeM does in fact mean a Trick Of The Mind.

However, I would like to know what other non-skeptics think. Whether you are skeptical or not, this is an electronic LRL, and therefore should be unaffected by the operator's beliefs. Anyone can take a White's Coinmaster to the park and find buried coins. Believing they're there is not a prerequisite.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Guru

Quote:
I am the designer of the TOTeM project. Many times in this forum skeptics have been accused of having no first-hand knowledge of LRLs, so I decided to remedy the situation and design a pistol detector from first principles. TOTeM is not simply a clone of the Alonso PDK, and is not connected to the work done by Morgan, Geo and others. There are some new ideas in the design to improve coil balancing and increase sensitivity. I make no claims as to the effectiveness of the device in finding longtime buried gold at long (or even medium) range. However, it is (like the Alonso PD) able to detect metal objects at short distances for the purposes of pinpointing. Also, if balanced correctly, it can discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous targets. Basically, TOTeM is an experimental platform that will allow anyone to explore this grey area of metal detecting for a small amount of money, plus the time required to build the device. You can switch between active or passive modes in order to test the effectiveness of either approach. At times you can appear to be following a "signal Line", but whether this has anything to do with buried treasure is for you to determine. Everything is explained in Chapter 14 of the book, so you are free to modify and improve the design as you wish. The original project was built on stripboard, but Sneshko has designed a PCB to make it even easier to construct. The rest is up to you.

> TOTeM is not simply a clone of the Alonso PDK, and is not connected to the work done by Morgan, Geo and others.

But then - what makes you shure your selfcreated circuit will have any LRL detection capabilities at all? The same or at least some modified "Alonso receiver input-circuits"?

> However, it is (like the Alonso PD) able to detect metal objects at short distances for the purposes of pinpointing.

But this is not the main task for such a device. Every litte 10 bucks DIY-market metal-searcher can used for pinpoint. Morgan and Geo for shure won't be happy if their PDK only works for pinpointing. I hope one of them has tested the TOTeM first so there's at least some small chance it really is able to detect somehow similar the same on longrange as their ovbiously working PDKs.

> At times you can appear to be following a "signal Line", but whether this has anything to do with buried treasure is for you to determine.

Is this the same signal line also Morgan and Geo are evidently able to detect or is this now a complete different one? I hope the TOTeM is not just a simple electro-compass combined with usual TR/IB circuit.