LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 08-28-2015, 03:08 AM

Default Gold Gun with Gemini III Transmitter

Hi to everybody, specially to those who are knowledgeable to vlf theories and its application. I have build the gold gun and i have heard that the vlf transmitter where it is tuned to is no longer transmitting vlf signal. So, i used my Gemini III (transmitter) as local transmitter. It transmit 81.92 khz according to the manual. I tuned my gold gun to the same frequency. I am not sure if its transmitter can be used in conjunction with the gold gun. So I ask somebody in this forum to help me the correct procedure in doing the search.
The Gemini has a ground assembly an option in locating a buried pipe with known point. So i use this option via a stainless rod inserting into the ground to transmit the signal. I do not know if i am right on this set-up. So, here are my questions:
1. What is the best way of transmitting a signal into the ground? Is it via a rod or the loop antenna?
2. Is the loop antenna vertical or horizontal? (lying flat in the ground)
3. If I use the loop coil and not the rod, what is the correct procedure for the search?
4. What is meant by "searching" at the edge of the area to be surveyed?
5. What is the estimated distance between the gold gun and the transmitter?
6. At what depth that the transmitter can go underground?

Any help is highly appreciated...Thank you
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Guru

I am interested in this topic and when I have more time I will concentrate on this. Check out this link that I found very interesting:
https://borderlandsciences.org/journ...und_Radio.html
Old 08-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Guru

aulook, you can get answer at most your questions, if your test your Gold Gun with about 2m long buried metallic pipe. You cannot test it on single coins or something small like this , cause GG is not able to sense small item on depth. It can sense only bigger deposit/targets at reasonable distance.

What orientation of TR coil/antenna is best in your case, depend on TR/antenna construction and its distance from buried testing target (suggested: pipe). It is about sub-terrestrial wave prospecting and signal polarization. Of course depend on antenna construction and polarization, but most TR tuned antennas can be adapted to real search environment conditions. It is hard to say what distance will be best in your case - you need to check this on selected terrain with testing target buried at reasonable depth (for test between 0.5 and 1m.

Do not use to much TR power, since you get signal-reflective cacophony only!

So, for test: small TX signal, big prolonged buried target, then a lot of antenna distance and orientation checking - this can lead to success.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:59 AM

Thank you for your good suggestion WM6. I know that you are very knowledgeable in vlf topic. Actually i am looking for Big and not small objects like coins or gold nuggets. I have Gemini III so it came to my mind to try to use its transmitter as local oscillator. I did pick up the signal from my built gold gun but only 3 meters and when i inject the signal into the ground via a ground rod connected to the ground assembly, the gold gun will not sense the signal. So please give me idea what is the correct method of searching using gemini transmitter and gold gun as receiver. Will the gold gun null if it detects a reflected signal from buried object or will its output increase if it also detects a buried object? Sorry for many questions that i asked, i am still studying on this type of method. Thank you..

Regards...
Old 08-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Guru

Testing target (suggested 2m metallic pipe) should be buried horizontal not vertical.

More latter I am weekend-moving to another town now.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Guru

No reason to use an external transmitter for the GG. If you make a fine tuning to it you can tune it to a strong transmitter (there are so many). If the meter readings more than 120...150 mv then all are ok. But I don't know if you will find something with it.
Also don't tune it at frequencies more than 30 KHz because LM324 can't give the gain of 30.. or more at high frequencies.