LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Guru

Default Testing Crypton OBMD-1

Hi, since we have a new forum exclusively for LRLs I finally decided that it is worth it to bring up this video here.
You see they were too many skeptics in Geotech but I see that some of them followed us also over here.
I see you arguing heavily about Crypton in thread OBMD-1 but since this thread is under the Longe Range locators forum(which is wrong) I decided to make a new thread over here.There are no rods and no swiveling by any means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0Ks...&feature=g-upl

It is me testing Crypton up in the Greek mountains where guerillas used to hide during world war II.
Sorry it is not the best picture but at least the sound is good.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Hi g-sani,

Thanks for showing video of you using Crypton.

What was it you actually found?

As you say picture not to clear.

Best Regards
Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Guru

Hi g-sani , congratulation for your LRL ,how is work it, with Ionic rec. or Magnetic Receiver.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Guru

Hi George
Cryfton beeps "εις γαμον γκαραγκιοζη".
You found the target with MD, not with LRL.
It gave at least 10....15 false signals....

Regards
Old 12-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJ View Post
Hi g-sani,

Best Regards
G-sani says on video for lead from bullet about turkish gun (very old).
I have the same opinion with WM6 about this lrl .
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi g-sani,

Best Regards
That was the front part of an old bullet. It is left there from 1900 downwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humhum View Post
Hi g-sani , congratulation for your LRL ,how is work it, with Ionic rec. or Magnetic Receiver.
I don't really know the principle behind this LRL.
I was offered to test this detector and what I did was trying to see if I can unearth something whith it from a distance that wasn't put there for test purposes.
Well once it was a goats bell made from copper and in this video is exactly what you see, the front part from an old Turkish bullet.
I see some of you say that I finally found this whith my MD and I don't say different but I didn't look there using my DFX by chance.I thought it is clear for everybody to see that I got repeated beeps in that place but may be I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hi George
Cryfton beeps "εις γαμον γκαραγκιοζη".
You found the target with MD, not with LRL.
It gave at least 10....15 false signals....

Regards
Come on Geo you know very well that I can understand if an LRL is working or not.
And also you know very well that when you adjust sensitivity in an LRL like Crypton it is wise to check or hunt in a place using a bit more of it and then a bit less of it and then also search whith sensitivity just in the limit as the maker advices you to do.
This way you compare all signals received so that you get a better understanding of a might be target.
What I did was turning around myself trying to see if there are lines where I get constantly beeps.Yes, I agree that I had a few beeps over and there but passing the detector again from these lines it was clearly understood that it was not the ones to pay attention.
On the same hand somebody can search whith reduced sensitivity so that he look for less beeps but again on the same line.
You also know very well George that working whith an LRL like Crypton you have to play whith sensitivity as you aproach or you remove from a possible target.
This way you give yourself a chance to get a better idea of whats going on.
Of course somebody can say that a far away target might give you less beeps on the same line confusing you a lot but then I will say that this is why you have your feet and all you have to do is use them and check from some other position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
so,i think the greek soil is hard like concret,next time one pneumatic hammer will be great tool
Hi Morgan, I was not there prepared to dig. I had digging tools in my car but it was far away from that place.I used "pé de cabra" because I knew as soon as I used my White that it was not a deep target, otherwise I wouldn't mind to go back and get the proper digging tool for the job.
I went there to see if I can get anything whith Crypton since I have an info from a relative that a treasure is hidden there from the 2nd World war.
I took only the "pé de cabra" whith me because I wanted to use it and turn arround some stones and see if they have anything written on them. Just have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Hi sani, why you need all those funny exercises with OBMD-1, if without metal detector you cannot found nothing?
On guerrillas places you can find something on every meter with only middle finger, so you do not need futile 3800 euro creation to find something there.

If Alonso PD can be at least in theory capable to detect something at distance of about 1m, looking at OBMD-1 construction (no need to see circuit inside) it is clear that this creation is based on completely flawed idea if it is based on electronic science.
Yes WM6 I have used my White to find it and whithout it may be I couldn't do it.
The thing is there wasn't some other metal in the place because I also checked at least one or two meters arround it.I know that you might say that may be I was not detecting this whith Crypton but some other metal which was maybe deeper for my MD to detect.Well you are may be right but when this happens more times it is very enough for me to understand if and what I detect most of the times.
Myself I believe that Crypton is capable of getting a signal from something big much more away that the 30meters distance that the company says but I cannot confirm it yet.
I will be able to check it after winter time sometime on Spring in the same place where I got signals from about 90meters away.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Guru

OK, I am away at least 90 meters, to not disturb Crypton sensitivity.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-sani View Post
That was the front part of an old bullet. It is left there from 1900 downwards.

I don't really know the principle behind this LRL.
I was offered to test this detector and what I did was trying to see if I can unearth something whith it from a distance that wasn't put there for test purposes.
Well once it was a goats bell made from copper and in this video is exactly what you see, the front part from an old Turkish bullet.
I see some of you say that I finally found this whith my MD and I don't say different but I didn't look there using my DFX by chance.I thought it is clear for everybody to see that I got repeated beeps in that place but may be I was wrong.

Come on Geo you know very well that I can understand if an LRL is working or not.
And also you know very well that when you adjust sensitivity in an LRL like Crypton it is wise to check or hunt in a place using a bit more of it and then a bit less of it and then also search whith sensitivity just in the limit as the maker advices you to do.
This way you compare all signals received so that you get a better understanding of a might be target.
What I did was turning around myself trying to see if there are lines where I get constantly beeps.Yes, I agree that I had a few beeps over and there but passing the detector again from these lines it was clearly understood that it was not the ones to pay attention.
On the same hand somebody can search whith reduced sensitivity so that he look for less beeps but again on the same line.
You also know very well George that working whith an LRL like Crypton you have to play whith sensitivity as you aproach or you remove from a possible target.
This way you give yourself a chance to get a better idea of whats going on.
Of course somebody can say that a far away target might give you less beeps on the same line confusing you a lot but then I will say that this is why you have your feet and all you have to do is use them and check from some other position.

Hi Morgan, I was not there prepared to dig. I had digging tools in my car but it was far away from that place.I used "pé de cabra" because I knew as soon as I used my White that it was not a deep target, otherwise I wouldn't mind to go back and get the proper digging tool for the job.
I went there to see if I can get anything whith Crypton since I have an info from a relative that a treasure is hidden there from the 2nd World war.
I took only the "pé de cabra" whith me because I wanted to use it and turn arround some stones and see if they have anything written on them. Just have a look.

Yes WM6 I have used my White to find it and whithout it may be I couldn't do it.
The thing is there wasn't some other metal in the place because I also checked at least one or two meters arround it.I know that you might say that may be I was not detecting this whith Crypton but some other metal which was maybe deeper for my MD to detect.Well you are may be right but when this happens more times it is very enough for me to understand if and what I detect most of the times.
Myself I believe that Crypton is capable of getting a signal from something big much more away that the 30meters distance that the company says but I cannot confirm it yet.
I will be able to check it after winter time sometime on Spring in the same place where I got signals from about 90meters away.
Ok,good luck with the Crypton,but i think you deserve better LRL for your search
Old 12-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Guru

Quote:
Ok,good luck with the Crypton,but i think you deserve better LRL for your search
Any suggestions Morgan?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
With these type of demonstrations it is as important to not only understand what we are seeing, but also what we are not seeing. In this case I would like to know how many "targets" were detected with the LRL, but where subsequently nothing was recovered. In other words, what was the ratio of good targets to empty holes?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
With these type of demonstrations it is as important to not only understand what we are seeing, but also what we are not seeing. In this case I would like to know how many "targets" were detected with the LRL, but where subsequently nothing was recovered. In other words, what was the ratio of good targets to empty holes?
There are many other things which we will never see in a demonstration.
I remember during the Texas show the H3 Tec did not detect false locations for places where there was no silver.
But the H3 Tec also did not detect the places where there was large silver such as the 10 ounce bar in Carl's pocket or the coins that Tim Williams hid.
We saw the same performance for Micheal's Mineoro FG-80 which made no indication of large targets that he could detect with metal detectors.
Morgan also reports the same for Mineoro... that it fails to detect gold which he buried from the distances which Mineoro says it will detect.

This kind of failure to detect buried targets is something we will not see in a simple demonstration video unless there is a test garden with long time buried metals in known locations like Morgan has.
If a long range detecting machine does not detect a 1 kg ancient gold plate buried 15cm, then the treasure hunter will not stop to check with a metal detector.
The treasure hunter will continue to walk past the treasure and look other places.
We will never be able to count how many times this happens or does not happen from a simple demonstration video.

But we can count how many times we dig empty holes, and holes that do not contain gold, silver or copper.
The problem is that most people do not keep any record of the holes which are empty.
And they do not count the holes with metal that is not gold, silver or copper unless these holes contain something they want to keep for an interesting recovery.
They do not count how many holes they dig to find aluminum foil or bottle caps or old nails.
This is the reason why we never hear any scientific data to tell what kind of percentage of success they find with their locators in a demonstration video.

And this is also the reason why we do not call these demonstration videos to be randomized scientific tests.
We call them the true name as a demonstration video which shows what the person who makes the video wants to show.
We know these are not scientific tests which give reliable proof of anything except to prove that a video camera was running during the demonstration.
These are simply demonstration videos which show what can be seen at the time and place where the video camera lens was recording.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Yes, it was sometimes Qiaozhi that I didn't find the target, but maybe my MD or my pulse detector couldn't detect it. I know that at the same time this could also mean that I had a false signal and nothing was there. I agree!
But myself I am not interesting of calculating the success rate to present it over here.I am more interesting to get results in my TH expeditions.
Let me ask you something. If you go out for remote sensing whith an LRL that gives you finds many times you will look for percentages and success rates? Come on lets be fair.
Finding a treasure even once in a hundrend is also a very good success rate for your treasure hunting activity or hobby. Isn't it?
Why I put this video over here and you all have the oportunity to see it? I will explain you why.
Because I promised Andreas to record some of my tests whith Crypton and pass them to him.This is why he borrowed Crypton to me.The man wanted to know my opinion as a user about it before he make it available in the market.Of course he did the same probably whith somebody else as well. He made it clear to me that he will count the word of people testing it which they don't have a relation whith him at all. Otherwise I wouldn't do a video straight away as soon as I got Crypton and I would be more busy working it just for myself. Of course later I would make the favour to anybody else from here for example that would ask me kindly to do so.
I told you that I didn't know the guy until that time and even now we didn't meet in person yet. I only knew him from the forums as Geotech or from the Greek ones and I also knew of course that many of you respect him for his electronic knowledge. And this was the reason I was offered to do some testing. I was curious to get an idea and see what he could do in practice.
Yes, finally I really liked Crypton and I must say that the price is fair compared to other LRLs from various companies that you also know very well but I don't want to name them now.

Regards
g-sani
Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=digital logic;140363
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Guru (Administrator)

OK guys, no need to start a war. Please try to be civil and leave out the personal abuse.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Guru

What you deleted???
I can't understand what you mean!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
What you deleted???
I can't understand what you mean!!!
The thread was going completely off-topic concerning the Macedonia naming dispute ->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_naming_dispute
and there was a lot of personal abuse and name calling. The offending posts were deleted.

You are welcome to discuss the Macedonian dispute in the Off-Topic section, but any name calling will be removed.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Guru

Quote:
Hi, since we have a new forum exclusively for LRLs I finally decided that it is worth it to bring up this video here.
You see they were too many skeptics in Geotech but I see that some of them followed us also over here.
I see you arguing heavily about Crypton in thread OBMD-1 but since this thread is under the Longe Range locators forum(which is wrong) I decided to make a new thread over here.There are no rods and no swiveling by any means.

It is me testing Crypton up in the Greek mountains where guerillas used to hide during world war II.

Hello

I even not talk much about the CRYPTON,it needs constant adjustments same as my PD,maybe it works the same as the PD,i though Andreas could make better LRL. What i find amazing is the instrument you use for digging the target,here we call "pé de cabra" it is used not to digg but for other job,with this one you could break one coin in two parts.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hello

I even not talk much about the CRYPTON,it needs constant adjustments same as my PD,maybe it works the same as the PD,i though Andreas could make better LRL. What i find amazing is the instrument you use for digging the target,here we call "pé de cabra" it is used not to digg but for other job,with this one you could break one coin in two parts.
so,i think the greek soil is hard like concret,next time one pneumatic hammer will be great tool
Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
What i find amazing is the instrument you use for digging the target,here we call "pé de cabra" it is used not to digg but for other job,with this one you could break one coin in two parts.
Any archaeologist watching that video would have a heart attack.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Guru

Quote:

Hi sani, why you need all those funny exercises with OBMD-1, if without metal detector you cannot found nothing?

On guerrillas places you can find something on every meter with only middle finger, so you do not need futile 3800 euro creation to find something there.

If Alonso PD can be at least in theory capable to detect something at distance of about 1m, looking at OBMD-1 construction (no need to see circuit inside) it is clear that this creation is based on completely flawed idea if it is based on electronic science.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:

Hi g-sani,

Just wondered if you have been out in the fields to do any more testing with your Crypton?

Regards
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
Hi g-sani,

Just wondered if you have been out in the fields to do any more testing with your Crypton?

Regards
Hi MIJ,
No I haven't been anywhere yet because everything is covered in snow for the last two months.It is not actually snowing but the temperature is very low. Day time max 7 Celcius and night time below zero. I think it is going to be a couple of months until I get out in the field.

Regards
g-sani
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Hi MIJ,
No I haven't been anywhere yet because everything is covered in snow for the last two months.It is not actually snowing but the temperature is very low. Day time max 7 Celcius and night time below zero. I think it is going to be a couple of months until I get out in the field.

Regards
g-sani
Wow I didn’t think you have had snow, it been quite good weather hear, I suppose we have to take what’s sent down to us from above.

Anyway good luck for your future searches

Regards
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Any more news on Testing Crypton OBMD-1

I found this link it’s about 2months old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7De8vu16qWk&feature=plcp
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Any more news on Testing Crypton OBMD-1

I found this link it’s about 2months old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7De8vu16qWk&feature=plcp
Here's the website ->
http://www.crypton.com.gr/ (in Greek)
http://www.crypton.com.gr/crypton.html (in English)
The designer is Andreas Christi.