LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Guru

Default Ivconic's Negative Ion Detector circuit

This thread is about the Negative Ion Detector circuit schematic that Ivconic posted. This circuit is re-posted below, and I have restated some of the significant statements about this circuit made by forum contributors. There is enough information in these pages to build a working model based on Ivconic's circuit, as well as to make modifications to the circuitry for enhanced performance.

Some important features that make this machine different from some other LRLs are that it is one of the few LRL designs I have seen that uses no "bait charge" or sealed chambers, while using an electronic circuit that is designed to sense and amplify a signal using standard electronic circuits and principles. I see no place where there are wires terminating on surplus or non-working circuit boards, and there are no circuit components not electrically connected, and only glued together.

I am totally ignorant of how detecting negative ions can help anyone locate distant buried treasures. But I can discern what the apparent purpose of the components in these circuit diagrams are. What I have to say about this device is based only on my rudimentary understanding of conventional electronic circuits and the known physical laws of energy and matter. There may be much more to the principles of how this machine works, unknown to me or other scientifically minded persons educated in the classical method of understanding the world around us. Therefore I make no claims as to how this device may work or not work for locating remote treasures. The following is only my understanding of what I would expect to measure with this machine:

It appears to me that if this machine is properly adjusted, you may expect negative airborne ions in the general vicinity of the dish will be attracted to the dish. And upon contacting the dish, some of them will become neutral. This should also be true of negatively charged dust and aerosol particles suspended in the air around the dish, which may end up becoming a thin film of dust on the dish. At the moment that any negativly charged particle contacts the dish, there will probably be a minute pulse of electricity accumulated on the antenna (or maybe not, depending on how well the circuitry works). I imagine that any minute charge on the antenna would be induced my the electrical or (indirectly) by the magnetic properties of the charged particle changing from a positive to a neutral charge. I presume sub-atomic particle and wave theory is involved in explaining the energy coupling to the antenna. In any case the amount of signal that appears on the antenna is extremely minute, and it would take a lot of ions collected to become measurable. Assuming that the negatively charged particles are being neutralized by the dish in a non-uniform pattern as the dish is moved around, then the amount of charge sensed on the antenna would vary depending on where the dish is moved, and on the composition of the air around the dish. ie: if you move the dish close to an ion source (like a high voitage air purifier, or a flame or other source of negative ions), then the amount of signal will be different than from the previous location. The minute variation in signal is sensed and amplified so it can be seen on a meter or heard from the speaker. The circuitry also has 3 adjustments which allow the user to adjust the output to a null point with a high degree of percision in a widely varying environment of local airborne ions.

As far as I can tell, this device is measuring the the antenna's reaction to the concentration of charged particles in the nearby vicinity of the dish (nearby meaning within a foot or less). If there is some mechanism by which remote treasures are being located, I am totally ignorant of that mechanism.

I welcome any explanations from experienced users of LRLs about how this machine works, and any corrections in the theories that perhaps I am ignorant of. So far I have heard a number of conflicting explanations from different proponents of LRLs. I will have no arguments against any theory, but I may have some questions if I hear explanations that I can't understand. (I already heard the theory that these devices are used soley for detecting gravity and seperating a buyer from his money. No need to elaborate on that, because I understand that principle complely).

The following post after this is Ivconic's circuit and my commentary on the components of the circuitry.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Guru

Default Ivconic's Negative Ion Detector Circuit

The Circuit below is what Ivconic posted as a "working LRL". Since it has some standard electronic circuitry, I will give a brief overview for those who are interested. Keep in mind I am not an electronic technician, and I may make some errors.

The basic purpose of the circuitry is to charge the dish positively, and sense minute electrical variations that are picked up on the antenna. The electrical variations sensed on the antenna are amplified and sent directly to the speaker. This means you can hear only variations in the audio range that are sensed on the antenna. The meter is wired to show the amplitude of the audio and non-audio signal variations. There are 4 controls which allow you to adjust the amount of charge on the dish, and to adjust the sensitivity and range that you are sensing on the antenna. This means that you are only measuring relative changes in the signal picked up, not the absolute amount of signal. However, if the controls are left at the same settings, you will see the relative change in signal from one sensing location to another, and from one point in time to another.

Starting with the U1 LM555 at the lower left, all the circuitry around this IC is an oscillator that supplies ac power to the Motorola-Lucent transformet (this is a transformer from a modem card). The secondary side of that transformer is connected so as to put a positive charge on the dish. The 100k potentiometer to the left of the 555 probably adjusts the oscillator frequency. If so, it will ultimately adjust how strong a charge is sent to the dish. This entire charging circuit and it's oscillator has it's own dedicated power supply which is isolated from the remaining sensing circuitry. This is most likely to avoid sending interference from the oscillator to the sensing circuits. I suppose the dish charging circuitry is turned on and off by removing the 9v battery to the left, but a switch could be added to disconnect the battery.

The reciever portion starts with the 30 cm telescoping antenna in the dish. It is shown connected to a wire that passes through a teflon bushing in the center of the dish. It should be said that teflon is one of the best insulators known, and the use of teflon may be crucial for top performance. The physical dimension of this teflon bushing may also be important depending on what voltage the dish is charged to, and if there is an ac frequency component on the dish.

Next we come to the sensor circuitry. (I presume this circuitry is isolated and shielded from the oscillator and dish. All of the sensor circuitry is powered by the two 9v batteries shown at the bottom right. The two voltage regulators provide 8v positive, 8v negative, and a ground. The sensor circuit is also turned on and off by removing the batteries, but a 2-gang switch could be added to turn it on and off. When we trace the wire from the antenna to the 3 ICs to the right, we see the signal is feeding into a 3-IC circuit whose output is sent to a differential amplifier.

Take note, that the differential amplifier has 3 potentiometers, one to control the feedback, and two that adjust the output signal that feeds to the next amplifier stage. This is where the sensitivity and sensing range of this machine is adjusted. After passing through the next amplifier stage at the right, the signal branches toward the speaker and a meter. The speaker has a small power transistor driving it, while the meter has an IC with another adjustment on the input side (appears to be a gain control to keep the meter in the desired range).

A final note about the differential amplifier circuitry: The 3 ICs that initially sense the antenna signal are designed to create a differential signal from the single signal on the antenna. The lower 2 of these 3 ICs, may create a short time delay in addition to inverting the polarity of the signal, depending on the values of the components around the IC. If this is true then this delay can be thought of as a phase shift for any frequency that may be picked up on the antenna, and the degrees of shift would be defined by the frequency sensed. If this portion of the circuit was intended to act as a delay, then it may have a significant influence on the operation of the LRL.

If anyone was to build this circuit, I suppose the mechanical considerations would be to make sure the dish and antenna assembly were sturdy enough to withstand whatever use you put the machine to. I imagine the balance of the finished machine is also important. This machine would be very lightweight, with the heaviest component being the 3 batteries and the meter. The electronics could probably be mounted inside 2 small aluminum boxes attached to an insulator on the back of the dish, and a handle attached to the bottom side of the boxes.

Electrical considerations revolve around the fact that you are measuring minute electrical variations near a charged dish. I would think it is important to wear non-static clothes (no synthetics -- 100% cotton), and keep any other objects that collect static charges away from the machine. Also, I would mount the dish-charging circuit in a seperate metal box from the sensor circuit. And ground both boxes to the sensor ground, while keeping the dish-charging circuit isolated from the box that it is mounted inside. If the charging lead that connects to the dish is longer than about a centimeter, I would shield it with a shield that connects to the box ground.
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
The Circuit below is what Ivconic posted as a "working LRL". Since it has some standard electronic circuitry, I will give a brief overview for those who are interested. Keep in mind I am not an electronic technician, and I may make some errors.

The basic purpose of the circuitry is to charge the dish positively, and sense minute electrical variations that are picked up on the antenna. The electrical variations sensed on the antenna are amplified and sent directly to the speaker. This means you can hear only variations in the audio range that are sensed on the antenna. The meter is wired to show the amplitude of the audio and non-audio signal variations. There are 4 controls which allow you to adjust the amount of charge on the dish, and to adjust the sensitivity and range that you are sensing on the antenna. This means that you are only measuring relative changes in the signal picked up, not the absolute amount of signal. However, if the controls are left at the same settings, you will see the relative change in signal from one sensing location to another, and from one point in time to another.

Starting with the U1 LM555 at the lower left, all the circuitry around this IC is an oscillator that supplies ac power to the Motorola-Lucent transformet (this is a transformer from a modem card). The secondary side of that transformer is connected so as to put a positive charge on the dish. The 100k potentiometer to the left of the 555 probably adjusts the oscillator frequency. If so, it will ultimately adjust how strong a charge is sent to the dish. This entire charging circuit and it's oscillator has it's own dedicated power supply which is isolated from the remaining sensing circuitry. This is most likely to avoid sending interference from the oscillator to the sensing circuits. I suppose the dish charging circuitry is turned on and off by removing the 9v battery to the left, but a switch could be added to disconnect the battery.

The reciever portion starts with the 30 cm telescoping antenna in the dish. It is shown connected to a wire that passes through a teflon bushing in the center of the dish. It should be said that teflon is one of the best insulators known, and the use of teflon may be crucial for top performance. The physical dimension of this teflon bushing may also be important depending on what voltage the dish is charged to, and if there is an ac frequency component on the dish.

Next we come to the sensor circuitry. (I presume this circuitry is isolated and shielded from the oscillator and dish. All of the sensor circuitry is powered by the two 9v batteries shown at the bottom right. The two voltage regulators provide 8v positive, 8v negative, and a ground. The sensor circuit is also turned on and off by removing the batteries, but a 2-gang switch could be added to turn it on and off. When we trace the wire from the antenna to the 3 ICs to the right, we see the signal is feeding into a 3-IC circuit whose output is sent to a differential amplifier.

Take note, that the differential amplifier has 3 potentiometers, one to control the feedback, and two that adjust the output signal that feeds to the next amplifier stage. This is where the sensitivity and sensing range of this machine is adjusted. After passing through the next amplifier stage at the right, the signal branches toward the speaker and a meter. The speaker has a small power transistor driving it, while the meter has an IC with another adjustment on the input side (appears to be a gain control to keep the meter in the desired range).

A final note about the differential amplifier circuitry: The 3 ICs that initially sense the antenna signal are designed to create a differential signal from the single signal on the antenna. The lower 2 of these 3 ICs, may create a short time delay in addition to inverting the polarity of the signal, depending on the values of the components around the IC. If this is true then this delay can be thought of as a phase shift for any frequency that may be picked up on the antenna, and the degrees of shift would be defined by the frequency sensed. If this portion of the circuit was intended to act as a delay, then it may have a significant influence on the operation of the LRL.

If anyone was to build this circuit, I suppose the mechanical considerations would be to make sure the dish and antenna assembly were sturdy enough to withstand whatever use you put the machine to. I imagine the balance of the finished machine is also important. This machine would be very lightweight, with the heaviest component being the 3 batteries and the meter. The electronics could probably be mounted inside 2 small aluminum boxes attached to an insulator on the back of the dish, and a handle attached to the bottom side of the boxes.

Electrical considerations revolve around the fact that you are measuring minute electrical variations near a charged dish. I would think it is important to wear non-static clothes (no synthetics -- 100% cotton), and keep any other objects that collect static charges away from the machine. Also, I would mount the dish-charging circuit in a seperate metal box from the sensor circuit. And ground both boxes to the sensor ground, while keeping the dish-charging circuit isolated from the box that it is mounted inside. If the charging lead that connects to the dish is longer than about a centimeter, I would shield it with a shield that connects to the box ground.

HELLO.
I REQUEST YOU HELP WITH.
SUPREME US 028 SO22168 MOTOROLA-LUCENT.
IT HAS
D.C. RESISTANCE: PRI. = 45 OHMS +/- 10% @ 20 C
................................. SEC. = 75 OHMS +/- 10%

I HAVE FOUND FROM PROPORTIONAL MODEM BUT HAVE MORE OHM.
THAT IS TO SAY
D.C. RESISTANCE: PRI. = 90 OHMS +/- 10% @ 20 C
................................. SEC. = 100 OHMS +/- 10%
WORK RIGHTLY THE WON'T INSTRUMENT OF DETECTION?
I REQUEST YOU IF YOU KNOW I REQUEST YOU HELP WITH.
IF YOU KNOW SOME COMPANY THAT I CAN HIM BUY YOU SEND ME THE WEB PAGE.
ONCE AGAIN I THANK
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 AM

I will post again in Geotech for THE SERIOUS IONS CHAMBERS experimenters not the fake low chambers....that you see in the mineoro products!!!! or in the remote sensing seccion !!!!

http://www.techlib.com/science/ion.h...tter%20Version
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmnotes
HELLO.
I REQUEST YOU HELP WITH.
SUPREME US 028 SO22168 MOTOROLA-LUCENT.
IT HAS
D.C. RESISTANCE: PRI. = 45 OHMS +/- 10% @ 20 C
................................. SEC. = 75 OHMS +/- 10%

I HAVE FOUND FROM PROPORTIONAL MODEM BUT HAVE MORE OHM.
THAT IS TO SAY
D.C. RESISTANCE: PRI. = 90 OHMS +/- 10% @ 20 C
................................. SEC. = 100 OHMS +/- 10%
WORK RIGHTLY THE WON'T INSTRUMENT OF DETECTION?
I REQUEST YOU IF YOU KNOW I REQUEST YOU HELP WITH.
IF YOU KNOW SOME COMPANY THAT I CAN HIM BUY YOU SEND ME THE WEB PAGE.
ONCE AGAIN I THANK
This is a circuit diagram that detects variations in the static charge near the antenna. There have been no reports of anyone finding treasure with this circuit, probably because it is not capable of locating treasure.
The circuit was designed and built by Ivconic as a spare time project to see what it would do. He concluded it does nothing except detect static charges in the air and electrical power lines.
See what Ivconic says about this circuit here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41129&postcount=71

The purpose of the Lucent transformer is to charge the dish at the antenna in a manner that is completely isolated from the sensing circuits while increasing the voltage. There is nothing critical here as long as the circuit is able to place a charge on the dish that measures at least 12 volts. If you want to use a different modem transformer, it should work ok. You may need to adjust the value of the resistor and capacitor between BC107 and the transformer to get the best performance. I would expect your modem transformer will not charge the dish to as high a voltage as the lucent transformer because your transformer is probably not stepping up the voltage as much at the secondary. You could try re-winding this transformer with approximately twice as many turns on the secondary as the primary. The charging circuit uses very little power, so the wire size is not so important. If you read the posts above, you will see Esteban suggested replacing the LM555 with a 7555 Cmos version. This is a good idea.

If you are successful at building this charge detector then you should be able to sense charges in the air and locate power wires that are hidden behind walls. You should also be able to locate sources of ions in the air and high voltage charged things such as an ion generator, or an old style monitor that uses a CRT to show the images. This sensor may be more sensitive than other charge detectors because it has a differential amp front end which can be adjusted for very sensitive detection before sending the signal to the later amplifier stages. I am guessing it is more sensitive to airborne charges than the Zahori design that Esteban posted below it in post #8.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 03-27-2011, 03:41 PM

[quote=J_Player;125115]This is a circuit diagram that detects variations in the static charge near the antenna. There have been no reports of anyone finding treasure with this circuit, probably because it is not capable of locating treasure.
The circuit was designed and built by Ivconic as a spare time project to see what it would do. He concluded it does nothing except detect static charges in the air and electrical power lines.
See what Ivconic says about this circuit here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41129&postcount=71

The purpose of the Lucent transformer is to charge the dish at the antenna in a manner that is completely isolated from the sensing circuits while increasing the voltage. There is nothing critical here as long as the circuit is able to place a charge on the dish that measures at least 12 volts. If you want to use a different modem transformer, it should work ok. You may need to adjust the value of the resistor and capacitor between BC107 and the transformer to get the best performance. I would expect your modem transformer will not charge the dish to as high a voltage as the lucent transformer because your transformer is probably not stepping up the voltage as much at the secondary. You could try re-winding this transformer with approximately twice as many turns on the secondary as the primary. The charging circuit uses very little power, so the wire size is not so important. If you read the posts above, you will see Esteban suggested replacing the LM555 with a 7555 Cmos version. This is a good idea.

If you are successful at building this charge detector then you should be able to sense charges in the air and locate power wires that are hidden behind walls. You should also be able to locate sources of ions in the air and high voltage charged things such as an ion generator, or an old style monitor that uses a CRT to show the images. This sensor may be more sensitive than other charge detectors because it has a differential amp front end which can be adjusted for very sensitive detection before sending the signal to the later amplifier stages. I am guessing it is more sensitive to airborne charges than the Zahori design that Esteban posted below it in post #8.

I TOO MUCH THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,
AND YOUR BY TIME TO BE DEALT WITH MY QUESTION.
I MADE THE PCB, IN FEW DAYS THEY WILL BE READY FOR TRIAL.
I WISH IT WORKS.

IF YOU KNOW SOME OTHER DRAWING OF DETECTOR OF DISTANCE, THAT COULD DETECTION TREASURE,
I REQUEST WITH BRIEFINGS.
ONCE AGAIN I THANK
Best wishes,
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM

J_Player .I TOO MUCH THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,
AND YOUR TIME TO BE DEALT WITH MY QUESTION.
I MADE THE PCB, IN FEW DAYS THEY WILL BE READY FOR TRIAL.
I WISH IT WORKS.

IF YOU KNOW SOME OTHER DRAWING OF DETECTOR OF DISTANCE, THAT COULD DETECTION TREASURE,
I REQUEST WITH BRIEFINGS.
ONCE AGAIN I THANK
Best wishes,
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:

you never know it might pick up radiation from japan
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Default Ionic Detectors

Hi All,
Greetings! I am new to this forum but I am an electronics engg.Just got interested in Gold Detectors few days back and was collecting data on type of detectors. Some frineds here have expressed doubts about capability of gold detectors with ionic detection. I found OKM's Bionic 1 commercial Gold Detector are based on Ionic Detection and can detect old burried gold. To detect freshly burried gold they advise Bionic X thatb uses some bio interference balancing but I dont know what is the principle behind it. So it seems the ionic detection does work in old burried gold. One can see at http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/pro...01.php?lang=en

Rakesh
Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 AM
Banned

Default One step forward two steps back

Seems to me that Rakesh has suddenly been invented (see date joined) most likely by j___p to keep the deminishing conversation going and reminisce of the good old days in the retirement village. So o.k. Rakesh check these vidoes out for a clearer explanation, but if you can't understand the theory behind them just ask J Player as he knows all the formuls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjl-qRy71w
http://www.youtube.com/user/only1egg?blend=3&ob=0#p/u/0/3QTzxah6fOI
rgds
Old 01-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post

if you can't understand the theory behind them just ask J Player as he knows all the formuls.
Better ask dr. Hung because he has insight from other side of science:
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedevil View Post
Seems to me that Rakesh has suddenly been invented (see date joined) most likely by j___p to keep the deminishing conversation going and reminisce of the good old days in the retirement village. So o.k. Rakesh check these vidoes out for a clearer explanation, but if you can't understand the theory behind them just ask J Player as he knows all the formuls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjl-qRy71w
http://www.youtube.com/user/only1egg?blend=3&ob=0#p/u/0/3QTzxah6fOI
rgds
Hello Dedevil.
Thanks for the very interesting videos and I repeat again...
Your scientific interest is genuine and you appear like me and many others, not satisfied with the way many 'xientists' understand what science is telling them. And worse, this wrong concepts end up accepted by the 'official' academia as correct for a number of reasons being economic and military interests the most prominent ones.

In the last video, he says that science is still in its infancy. Actually not.
Science is all around us, what is still in its infancy are the 'xientists'. But they will eventually grow up.

As an example, here is a link to a post I answered a member of TNET that might be of your interest.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...tml#msg3186008

And here, a thread I started a couple years back which describes an outstanding documented scientific phenomena which took place in 1981 and serves as an example of how cases like this are supressed from the mass media.
I could bring this thread back since it was deleted through wayback machine. But given the importance this subject deserves, I'm considering posting it again over TNET.
It's long as it includes a report, but definitely worth reading.
http://web.archive.org/web/201007121...,327684.0.html
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh View Post
Hi All,
Greetings! I am new to this forum but I am an electronics engg.Just got interested in Gold Detectors few days back and was collecting data on type of detectors. Some frineds here have expressed doubts about capability of gold detectors with ionic detection. I found OKM's Bionic 1 commercial Gold Detector are based on Ionic Detection and can detect old burried gold. To detect freshly burried gold they advise Bionic X thatb uses some bio interference balancing but I dont know what is the principle behind it. So it seems the ionic detection does work in old burried gold. One can see at http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/pro...01.php?lang=en

Rakesh
Hi Rakesh,
OKM manufactures magnetometers. Their magnetometers do not detect treasures at long range.
The OKM magnetometer is used in a way to trick you believe it can locate buried things from a long distance. But it does not.
Almost everyone who paid money for OKM long range locators did not find treasure from long distance.
They found only what they can find with a magnetometer that they could build for less than $200.
They want to get their money back from OKM company, but OLM will not give back their money.

Read here to see what people reported in the forum for OKM products:

What are the results we hear from treasure hunters who use OKM?
Empty holes and a lot of false detection is the result that nearly everyone reports who has used OKM products. They also report that the OKM does not detect gold which they later recover using other gold detecting tools. Anyone can easily verify this by checking with Morgan or reading the forum posts here in the remote sensing forum or in the Geotech geophysics forum. The only credible reports I read of OKM locators working well is when they detect large voids like a cheap gradiometer does.

We saw the inside of some of the OKM products, which confirm that they are cheap magnetometers just as the people who used them described. The actual claims I read on the OKM page for this Bionic X4 is that it is interfaced to smart phones. This tells me they added more electronic interface to make pictures on a mobile phone from the same cheap magnetometer crap. Then we see their video showing absolutely nothing except some guy wandering around with an X4 in his hand and music in the background. Does this convince you that these are good treasure hunting tools that you need to pay more than $10,000 for?

If anyone wants to buy one of these after reading our forums and the manufacturer's description and watching their video, maybe they really are rich, and they don't want some $200 magnetometer that does not make pictures on their smart phone. Maybe the cool pistol shape with the mobile phone showing images can make them happy and help to instill a sense of prestige. I wonder if we will ever see some treasure recoveries they make when using OKM products?

Originally posted by Carl-NC here: http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43757&postcount=6
"I tend to agree about OKM's reputation... I've heard a lot of complaints about them, at least on the forums. Is that the company that advertised a device as being a GPR, when it was really a magnetometer? Now that's something you can get sued over".

Originally posted by BigBang here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=2
OKM 4000 or 5000 are only named GPR for easy commercial . Because of profit expectaions . But not real GPR

Originally posted by schatzsucher here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...72&postcount=1
Inside you find magnetic field sensors and an radar sensor KMY 10. The radar sensor cannot goes in to the earth. Not with this frequency, but the firm sell the system as GPR.

Originally posted by Morgan here: www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112348&postcount=44
"So,it was this man Manolo´s friend,who want to convince people that OKM lrl works...
This is realy BIG SCAM,this piece of crap is useles and cost IO.OOO EURO.
OKM people should be shame,and this LRL agent in Italy also !!!"

Originally posted by bulsack here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...31&postcount=1
OKM is a low grade magnetometer with software that creates some fancy worthless pictures.

Originally posted by Jim here: www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112268&postcount=32
"I think the video with the operator dropping the ring on a rope onto the ground after they turn over the lump of dirt shows intentions of fraud".

Originally posted by Great Alex here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43745&postcount=2
the OKM products are over price and they don't work as they advertised by the OKM company , but they work even as a low quality magnetometer .

Originally posted by hung here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...45&postcount=2
'Reputable' and 'credibility' are not the best terms to describe them.
They are being charged and sued by Mineoro for trying to copy their trademark names, products and concepts.
Besides that, mineorogreece took them to court sometime ago for a product which did not work as advertised. He got his money back.
How's that for a start?

Originally posted by Congogold here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=32
...My scans show orange in almost every scan anywhere I scan- obviously I can't be seeing gold everywhere and i can't dig everywhere.
I have reads the manual many times and still can't tell the difference between gold and heavy mineralization or ferrous metals! It is driving me crazy...
I am in prime gold country- i buy plenty from artisanal miners who find their gold the old way- I can't seem to get results with the technology at all.

Originally posted by valchev here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...&postcount=107
If You find money for GPR do not buy from OKM. OKM do not produce real GPR, onely advertisements and useless machines.

ivconic's photos show inside of crappy OKM future 2003/5 here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showt...=OKM#post80373

Originally posted by Infamy here: http://www.longrangelocators.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112813&postcount=75
"How many hoards can you name that have been found with lrl-s h i t? "

Originally posted by ishtar hunter here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...32&postcount=1
worked 14 years with many devices But neither performance was not good for depths up.
I have exp4000 (okm) but Performance is not good.

Originally posted by aban here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=5
donot buy okm machin it cannot detect in deep and it is fruad only.

Originally posted by Alexismex here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=12
Also here in Mexico I have friends you bought this piece of crap junks from OKM....This Cassbiz it is another seller from OKM....we have found many treasures !!!!ah ah ah....
and do not trust OKM people to give back your money they are bandits ...bandidos...de vrais crapules

Originally posted by bulsack here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...85&postcount=3
Let's say somebody is to build the $150 magnetometer featured on this website ,hookes it up to a free or cracked 3D program. How would it be different than the OKM that costs as much as a brand new Mercedes-Benz?

Originally posted by Christian here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...47&postcount=6
From what I have been reading on the various internet boards for years now, nobody who has ever bought this unit has made any reasonable findings. Infact I think that the Fluxgate project to be found on this website is much better engineered and operating then any OKM device.

Originally posted by ivconic here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=26

It is true! That's why this forum is so great - saves your money!

Make EPE gradiometer and you will have nice and interesting device that you can use and understand it's wotking principles.
And all that for small money.
Basically EPE ($150) is very simillar to OKM Gems (4200 euros !!! )

Originally posted by Astrodetect here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=17
Would you like to see what sensor is in the Rover C unit?
Check it out and see for yourself.
So Mr Frank please explain how your unit is functioning and what exactly does it detect? We all know that this sensor will only detect ferrite metals and voids.

Here is what's Astrodetect showed us is really inside bionic products.... a cheap Honewell fluxgate magnetometer:

Here is a sequence of photos from one of the OKM scam demonstrations where they showed it beeping at a shovel:

So far nobody has made a live demonstration of OKM products recovering gold from places where they didn't know where the gold is.
But we have read the reports where it failed to find gold on real treasure hunts which was later recovered from places the Bionic products could not detect it.

Make sure you make your own tests to be certain it will work before you pay money for OKM locators.

Best wishes,
J_P
Old 01-31-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Hi Rakesh,
OKM manufactures magnetometers. Their magnetometers do not detect treasures at long range.
The OKM magnetometer is used in a way to trick you believe it can locate buried things from a long distance. But it does not.
Almost everyone who paid money for OKM long range locators did not find treasure from long distance.
They found only what they can find with a magnetometer that they could build for less than $200.
They want to get their money back from OKM company, but OLM will not give back their money.

Read here to see what people reported in the forum for OKM products:

Originally posted by Astrodetect here: http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=17
Would you like to see what sensor is in the Rover C unit?
Check it out and see for yourself.
So Mr Frank please explain how your unit is functioning and what exactly does it detect? We all know that this sensor will only detect ferrite metals and voids.

Here is what's Astrodetect showed us is really inside bionic products.... a cheap Honewell fluxgate magnetometer:

Best wishes,
J_P
I have opened a OKM (Future 2005) and i can say that inside the probe, was an array of fluxgate sensors, 8X FLC 100.
These sensors are not from Honeywell and also aren't cheap. The manufacturer is a person from Germany,his name is Stefan Mayer -http://www.stefan-mayer.com/ .
Each FLC-100 sensor costs about 93 Euros(about 120USD).
Now about their performance: they have a true sub-gamma resolution(0.4-1.0) and very good temperature stability. In comparison to FGM-3, the FLC sensor is superior in terms of sensitivity and stability.
Now ,we know that OKM uses very good sensors, but FAILS (an Epic Fail!) to deliver a true magnetometer.
Why is this? simply because the sensors are oriented in a line, and there is no difference if they use 1 ,2,8,or even 1000 sensors. This geometry can serve only as a sensitive and expensive compass, nothing else really.
As the operator walks slowly in order to scan an area,even the smallest movement of the probe, can cause large variations in readings. These variations usually are in the region of 250-400 gammas, almost an order of magnitude above typical targets.
Now about Bionic, as far as I know, the first versions had simple coils for TX-RX .
Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh View Post
Hi All,

Rakesh
Rakesh, in a few words and four sentences:

The Bionic 01 works and I know some professional treasure hunters who use it and found gold many times with it.
My team is getting one this next month and it will be one more adition to our arsenal of long range detectors.
When hunting in the field you can use either mode but ionic is better since you get a sound signal and a blue led glowing when gold is located.
If you calibrate a gold object before hand through ionic mode, the device will lock on it and will detect it anywhere you place it, either buried or on surface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYYAeyGGto
Old 01-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
Rakesh, in a few words and four sentences:

The Bionic 01 works and I know some professional treasure hunters who use it and found gold many times with it.
My team is getting one this next month and it will be one more adition to our arsenal of long range detectors.
When hunting in the field you can use either mode but ionic is better since you get a sound signal and a blue led glowing when gold is located.
If you calibrate a gold object before hand through ionic mode, the device will lock on it and will detect it anywhere you place it, either buried or on surface.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYYAeyGGto
Hung,sorry to disturd you,there is one person who rent the BIONIC-01 in Germany,price for one month was 1000E. After that time he return the BIONIC and said FORTUNATLY I DONT SPENT THE 10.000 Euro FOR ONE BRAND NEW BIONIC,IS USELESS.
And this is only one simple story...
I think maybe your LRL HOLOFOTE is beter than the BIONIC.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Guru

Post link

HI everyone
suggest this link for better knowledge of the electrostatic/ion fenomenon:
http://www.ece.rochester.edu/~jones/demos/ahern.html
http://www.wenzel.com/pdffiles/cloud.pdf
http://amasci.com/electrom/sas51p1.html#electro
http://www.imagineeringezine.com/e-zine/efield.html
http://www.corp.direct.ca/trinity/iondetector.html

I think that only an E-field may go for 10 meters or plus and ions near the detector are affected by this E-field
Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Guru

Default Maybe?

Ivconic, welcome!

Some considerations: the 555-oscillator requires work with voltage regulator. I think 8 volts is fine. So, two 9 V alkaline batteries needed for mantain large time in operation.

Now the transistor is connected to 18 V, no in regulator part for to prevent inestabilities.

Also replace the common 555 by 7555 wich drain less current. Cx is for calculate the desire frequency, believe 100 between 400 Hz is good. The key command another diode for detect positive ions. Dish polarizate negative = attract positive ions. Dish polarizate positive = attract negative ions. The batteries must be independent to this stage of the sensor-amplifier stage.

Any idea? Is correct this?
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Guru

Smile

Hi Esteban
I think you have to reverse polarity of the other diode for detect positive ions!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Guru

Smile

Hi everyone

if the purpose of the transformer is to raise the oscillator voltage we can use 2 x 9V batteries stabilized by a 7815 regulator without the transformer...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Guru

Franco is right. There is no need to add the voltage regulator. The original circuit has a transformer which raises the voltage above the amount seen in the output from the 555. If you wish to change the polarity of the dish, then connect a 2-gang switch that will reverse the polarity of the 2 4001 diodes in the original circuit.

The power consumed by the 555 can be reduced by using a cmos version of this IC. The oscillator could also be built from a cmos quad inverter and a resistor and capacitor. I expect the inverter oscilator would use even less power if the capacitor value was small and the frequency was in the low audio range.

My best guess is the frequency does not matter except it should be at a frequency that is close to the resonant frequency of the transformer/capacitor to the right. as the frequency of the oscillator is shifted away from the resonant frequency, you can expect the amount of charging to the dish to drop off. The 100k potentiometer next to the 555 is for making adjustments to the frequency for tuning purposes. The resultant voltage can be measured between the dish and ground rail with an analog volt meter. If this frequency is in the audio range, then there is a good chance you will hear it in the speaker. I presume this is not desirable, and it is tuned to a frequency outside the audio spectrum.

If it is desireable, the are are a number of ways to charge the dish to a higher voltage using the same 9v battery, and even send a very pure dc charge to the dish if necessary. But I have no knowledge if doing this this would improve locating treasures with the detector.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM

hi to everyone >

assembled allreedy this circuit but still i have problem with cx i could not find the suitable cx.

can you help me?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Guru

Default Recommended Antenna Polarity of ION detector

To Esteban or Hung,
Youall seem to be the experts on this use of the Mineoro and ION detectors in general. Esteban recommended having both plus and minus capability on the ion detector antenna so the operator could switch to one or other. So - I have a question for you.

What is the antenna polarity (i.e. plus Volts or Minus Volts) with respect to the detection circuitry that you recommended for detection of buried gold???

Thanks in advance for a reply,
Goldfinder
Old 04-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Guru

I can't speak for Esteban's detectors but in the case of Mineoro, the ionic chamber is positive in relation to the incoming negative ions.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Guru

Gold ions have a charge of +1 and +3 in common conditions found at or near the surface of the earth at standard atmospheric conditions. It would seem that gold ions are repelled by a positive ion chamber. In the case of Ivconic's detector, any gold ions would be attracted to the dish and repelled by the antenna. Because gold ions are positive, they would not be detected by a negative ion detector. This is perhaps the reason that some ion detectors have a provisioin to reverse the polarity.

I still do not believe gold ions exist in the air or the soil in any measurable amount where a detector can sense them. Ivconic stated that he found no evidence of any ions of any kind in the air near long-time buried targets. But if we are wrong, then maybe Esteban or hung can show us where to find these ions.